Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn.

Good job I've not been trying to play this game all day. Oh, wait, I have.

Looks like there might be a storm in my area tonight.

Sorry, just passing the time by looking out my window and also playing on the wii.

No internet problems on the Wii!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This is really annoying me now. I've been constantly trying to ssort this out since 9 o'clock this morning having taken the day off work especially to play my new game. I can't get broadband in my are so I'm stuck with a 56k modem which took about an hour to download Steam. It took my authentication code straight away so i thought I was lucky there and would be up and running playing the game by 10am. That's where things started to go downhill.

I believe that using Steam means that a new patch needs to be downloaded before I can play the game. The problem with this is it would take 6 hours at my connection speed to download the patch and my ISP disconnects every two hours, meaning the download starts drom scratch again. Basically that means I will never be able to download the patch which is fine, I just want to play the damn game! I even tried restarting my computer and playing with Steam in offline mode but I just got the message "preparing to launch Football Manager 2009" for 15 minutes at which point I tore out a little more hair and clicked on cancel.

I thought I'd try Uniloc instead. When I wasn't connected to the internet it didn't give me the otion of choosing between Steam and Uniloc so I thought it would automaticallly use Uniloc and perhaps give me a phone number to call. It didn't give me this option but the FM09 icon appeared on my desktop. When I click on it it says "The application failed to initialize (sic) propoerly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to temrinate the application. So I did this, uninstalled the game, connected to the internet and tried to install again. This time it gave me the choice between Steam and Unlioc so I clicked on Uniloc and the game installed again with the same outcome.

I've seen posts from three or four other people reporting the same problem but nobody has answered them. Before I smash my computer and/or the cat can someone, anyone PLEASE give me a F***ing solution?!

Ta.

Hi,

I appreciate that it is frustrating when things like this happen but please refrain from profanities and personal attacks in this thread as it does not help the situation.

Unfortuantely there was no way for us to have forseen this problem and rest assured we are working incredibly to get this fixed asap and I will update you as soon as I know.

We want you guys to play the game and can understand how frustrating this can be!The servers are having extensive work done and is currently effecting authentication.

I will post back as soon as I hear, in the mean time please check this thread for possible steps: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Thanks

Sarah

vader-fail.jpg

Where is Barack Obama when you need him?

On a serious note; what a waste this day has been; this may be looked upon as sad but knowing this game was out today and being between jobs I made sure my friday was free to just sit back and enjoy a game that has graced my computer in all its many forms for more than a decade.

How f**king dare you SI - how dare you take such a brilliant game and run it into the ground; whilst this may seem an over-reaction and misguided as I know it's down to servers as my previous post some 3 hours ago eludes to, I am actually fed up of this incompetence given the amount people like us have given you over the years.

I know if and when this gets resolved that there will be bugs in the game, it's expected; it happens every year and we know that its often a couple of months till the game is smoothly operating to the best of its ability but (again I repeat myself) to have such a gargantuan mess up before one even sees the opening credit scene? Disgusting.

Never used any pirated games - but I have a feeling that the pirates are the ones playing now and we, the loyal customers (suckers?), are suffering yet another horribly implemented and highly annoying "anti piracy" measure. :mad:

Calm down it hasn't even been a day and everybody's going crazy. It's as if you all think SI staff are Just sittin on their ar*e's doin nothing, whereas i'm pretty sure they're workin overtime to get the situation sorted for all you impatient gamers. just play the demo for now, it's all the same up until 31st december.

I know your trying your hardest Sarah but you can understand the frustration and anger of people who have just paid a good chunk of money on this game to find they can't play it. I've had a -703 error message just now, have you any time scale or idea when this can be fixed and we can crack on with our FM gaming, or indeed what the problem is?

Looking forward to your reply

Chris

Hi,

Unfortuantely there was no way for us to have forseen this problem and rest assured we are working incredibly to get this fixed asap and I will update you as soon as I know.

Thanks

Sarah

I find that impossible to believe, what did you expect with thousands of people trying to authenticate at once, and using steam also...which from what i've read uses the same server AS the internet authentication does. Surely something like this should of been tested before it was put upon us, it obviously was not tested.

Is SI kidding us? I want to play my game now, it doesn't bother me if they didn't foresee the connection problems, they must to solve it right now because the guarantee states that the game will be playable within the firsts 60 days.

If they can't solve it now, I want my money back, because I haven't been offered an alternative way to play the game I've bought

this couldnt be forseen????? it says on the box the most sell game on the market, and u wanted a couple of servers to get the job done??? u forseen everything and u caouldnt forseen a massive crowd buying the game???? i had to get up pretty early in the morning cause as i forssened it is now soldout...

Ok, I finally installed it this afternoon, keycode right in first try, then SoftAnchor stuff, got that in about 5 tries..

Then i exited the game, dinnertime..

Then I restarted it to continue playing, and suddenly the SoftAnchor thing pops up again, asking me to enter a code? Again?

So, entered my code, SoftAnchor says; Code already in use, can't use this code.

wtf...

What now? :S Please sort this out people :(

Hi,

I appreciate that it is frustrating when things like this happen but please refrain from profanities and personal attacks in this thread as it does not help the situation.

We want you guys to play the game and can understand how frustrating this can be!The servers are having extensive work done and is currently effecting authentication.

I will post back as soon as I hear, in the mean time please check this thread for possible steps: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Thanks

Sarah

Maybe if you lot learned how to do your ****ing job there would be no need for profanities. I paid £30 for a game that I am not allowed to play because you morons have tried to crack down on 'pirates', i have been on a number of websites where torrents of the game are readily available so that worked well, didn't it ?

I can't believe the incompetence at SI.

GET THE ****ING GAME WORKING NOW.

Lol, I booked the day off work today getting all excited about playing this and ah well, looks like I'd have been less stressed going in! and I'm a journalist, no one likes us! I have no technical knowledge of computers what so ever and haven't got the first idea what they were going on about as a way of correcting the errors with 'cert folders' what ever the heck they might be. I might seem like an idiot but I weirdly believe in being able to buy something, put the CD in, install it and play it. This game is surely aimed largely at a younger audience who might not have the foggiest about computers and just put in and play...like me.

I think I'll just go out, drink quite a bit, wake up tomorrow put it back in and hope that what ever problems there have been will have gone away!

Hi,

Thanks

Sarah

You could not forsee this issue no?

Then why could all of us?!

This unfortunately is the final confirmation of SI selling out. They have clearly put greater value on securing their profits and limiting piracy as opposed to customer service. Furthermore, there is no suggestion on the packaging that you must have an internet connection to play the game however this is clearly the case.

I feel really let down by a company in whom I have invested a great deal of money in the past decade.

Maybe if you lot learned how to do your ****ing job there would be no need for profanities. I paid £30 for a game that I am not allowed to play because you morons have tried to crack down on 'pirates', i have been on a number of websites where torrents of the game are readily available so that worked well, didn't it ?

I can't believe the incompetence at SI.

GET THE ****ING GAME WORKING NOW.

No, there's never any need to behave like that, dude! You sound a little pathetic ranting over 30 quid.

This unfortunately is the final confirmation of SI selling out. They have clearly put greater value on securing their profits and limiting piracy as opposed to customer service. Furthermore, there is no suggestion on the packaging that you must have an internet connection to play the game however this is clearly the case.

I feel really let down by a company in whom I have invested a great deal of money in the past decade.

You know, your completely right. There is no indication on the external packaging, which you can only see in the store that an internet connection maybe/will be required to activate the game to play (ala Spore/Bioshock/etc). I know you can do it via a phone call, but again there's no indication of that either. So technically, the packaging doesn't inform the consumer of everything that needs to be said about the product.

A case for false advertising/description of product?

Be a hard one to try and prove, but its out there.

You know, your completely right. There is no indication on the external packaging, which you can only see in the store that an internet connection maybe/will be required to activate the game to play (ala Spore/Bioshock/etc). I know you can do it via a phone call, but again there's no indication of that either. So technically, the packaging doesn't inform the consumer of everything that needs to be said about the product.

A case for false advertising/description of product?

Be a hard one to try and prove, but its out there.

I wont be taking the game back if it not sorted with in 24hrs like toontoon said but he is bang on what he has just wrote. Last year i decided to download fm08 from and torrent, first time ive ever done that but to be honest i had to wait 3 hours for it to download and there i was playing a game i love. Brought fm09 at 11am today, rushed over to asda to get it as they only had 4 copies left and it is now 5pm and still not even had a sniff a picking a team let alone playing a game on there.

Its an absolute joke all this. I feel sorry for the kids out there who have been waiting months and months for this, not so bad for me as ive got plenty of other stuff to get on with.

As i write this ive just seen on a website that there is a torrent out already with a crack to play it....surely not?

To the people who are having the problems with the connection to the net aint working, instead of posting the same thing on here i would just advise you to leave it be for a while as SI know there is a problem and hopefuly pulling there fingers out of there arse and sorting this problem sooner rather than later

Guest Tommy1204

I installed the game and updatet it without much problems.

I Then restarted the game but still have to enter activation code. And this time around it says "This code is already activated"

I found a solution to this problem:

When you copy from the clipboard where your code is and paste it onto softanchor, the letters automatically comes in big letters "caps lock".

However if you write the code yourself in small letters, and not using the copy and paste, you will get past the "already activated key" ********.

This solution will fix this problem. and once the servers are up and running again, all problems will be gone. Hopefully.

Tommy

hey i have about 6 o's or 0's and one i on a big freaking activation key honestly you don't expect me to try all of the posible combinations that can be available to me do you? you have to do better then having your customers trying evrey posible combination just because of the incompetence of someone! and the phone activation does not work i tried it and after entering the numbers the the dam system hanged up on me. YOU LOT HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THIS!

Archived