Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again Guys,

Yes, the servers are still down which is causing the 703 error, we have temporarily brought this down to fix the problems.

Apologies that this is still down but please make sure you have taken the steps in this sticky:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Bear with us guys, I will have an update soon.

Sarah

Hi again Guys,

Yes, the servers are still down which is causing the 703 error, we have temporarily brought this down to fix the problems.

Apologies that this is still down but please make sure you have taken the steps in this sticky:

Sarah

I wonder if this reply will work yet?

I've been trying for ages

Are we nearing the end of this?

I would also like to know how those with no internet or phone are able to play the game?

There is no mention on the box about having to register on the net or phone?

Id also love to know how many people have taken their copies back already simply because they dont have net or phone and how many have been return because they think the software is faulty.

What a right balls-up this is

who in this day and age doesnt have the internet and/or a PHONE. i mean, a phone.

i agree though that people will be taking their games back or trying desperatly to fix it. disgrace that now we finally have a copy of the game we cant play it. why use a method of authentication that isnt going to work.

I read through most of the posts (1000+) and cannot find a solution

*****.jpg

First I installed using the Uniloc system - I get the above white box saying my trial has expired - I enter the key (as verified by the site that checks the o' and 0's)

I can't click on anything to continue - sometimes I get a value in the checksum box other times not

I also opened a Steam account - the game installed there and has been activated but when I launch I get the same white box as above and cannot click on anything to continue - why do I get that if the game is already activated on Steam?

I do not get any message saying I am not connected to the internet or get to any Soft Anchor page - just the white box

Is this the same problem as everyone else is getting

The farce has probably lost SI a lot more customers this year - people will always pirate games but this activation problem has just p1ssed off legit customers - just as it did last year

EDIT: .. and how the f**k can I post a bloody screenshot on here so you know what I'm talking about!!!

I'VE REALLY HAD ENOUGH AFTER PRATTING ABOUT FOR 4 HOURS TRYING TO GET THIS SORTED!!!

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the forum probs then due to the huge numbers of traffic coming through the site had to put up a bit of a figh:(

I am chasing an update now, we seem to be making progress and Im hoping to update you soon.

Sarah

Hi again Guys,

Sarah

You truely are a failure at your job.

Hi,

Bergren: There are no dumb questions:) Yes you are right this is why it is failing, but this is only for a short period of time and all will be back up asap

Connell: You will need to delete the cert folder, please follow the instructions in this thread below and it should fix the problem. However I would recommend doing this once the servers are back up :

Thanks

Sarah

I installed the game using the steam method, and i don't have a cert folder to delete. I installed and uninstalled the game a couple of times but the problem is stil there. Is there another way to remove the error of "your activation key is already active"?

Hi again Guys,

Sarah

This is getting beyond a f***ing joke, got the game at almost 4 hours ago and still not played it, f***ing pathetic.

Hi again Guys,

Sarah

do the ones having the 'cant connect' error should do those steps too?

hi SI i have 2 questions

1. my brother has a stand alone computer without an internet connection. can the game be run without the internet. the game installs but then says they the program cannot be intialized.

2. i have an internet connection and yet the game still will not play. try to run the game and it said this product is not available.... funny that seeing as i paid £30 and have the disc sitting in my computer.

just got in from school so am not sure about the issues you are having although you obviously are. the main issue seems to be with 'STEAM' and that is what seems to be stopping my game from working.

is anyone currently able to play FM09?

look forward to hearing your response in the near future.

its a shame that now si puts money in front of the users, users brougth u where u are today, and this is waht they get in return, this was suppose to be a day of joy, but thanks to the "servers" shame on them, we are all here posting instead of managing...

you should all be fired for gross incompetence. There should be some form of good will for those, like myself who've sat here like an idiot trying to install the game.

free tactics whiteboard? free mouse?

If no sign of this is shown i'm gonna get together a group ready for next years release (assuming you're still in business.....hopefully not) and we're going to stop it being sold!

Id be happy to see a 703 error or whatever at the moment to be honest! Im sick of staring at 'we're sorry, but this installation of football manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet'

IM ON THE INTERNET!!

thank you for the update sarah think people just want to know whats happening. might play cod 5 tonight and have a tinker tommorrow im not that excited to take charge of saints

although even with my poor managerial skills it cant get any worse at st marys.

feel sorry for the people at si etc not much of a weekend ahead bet they didnt expect this when they got up this morning happy days.

Just thought I'd let everyone know how very unhappy I am with all of this.

I have played this game since CM2 days with Domark and have literally purchased every version since without gap, Why have SI and/or Sega decided this year to force us into using a third party to register the game, a third party of which are simply unable to deal with the task....clearly. There are rumours circulating that there is a crack version already floating around, if that is the case then I can assure you (sega/SI) that I am extremely upset that cheats have got to play the game before us genuine folk, it makes a mokery of this whole sitaution. At the end of the day It'll only be a few days before it's cracked anyway...just makes all of this seem so un worthwhile!

If I had any involvement with this release I would be extremely embarressed and would not even think about going home after work this evening without knowing that all of my CUSTOMERS are getting what they paid for.

Hi,

I appreciate that it is frustrating when things like this happen but please refrain from profanities and personal attacks in this thread as it does not help the situation.

Unfortuantely there was no way for us to have forseen this problem and rest assured we are working incredibly to get this fixed asap and I will update you as soon as I know.

We want you guys to play the game and can understand how frustrating this can be!The servers are having extensive work done and is currently effecting authentication.

I will post back as soon as I hear, in the mean time please check this thread for possible steps: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Thanks

Sarah

i got activated and have restarted fm and now i have to enter in the key again and it says that it has already been activated and now i cant play.

where is the data editor? this is ridiculous.

Same issue here - finally got it up and running.. then quit the game to have a look at the data editor. Now the stupid thing says that I have already used my code! Wth!?!

Never used any pirated games - but I have a feeling that the pirates are the ones playing now and we, the loyal customers (suckers?), are suffering yet another horribly implemented and highly annoying "anti piracy" measure. :mad:

Already had games I have had to return because they refused to run because of this - never thought my beloved FM would be among em :(

If this is going to be the future of gaming I'm quiting.. this isn't fun and that is after all what games are about! :mad:

I was under the impression that Steam would be one of the ways to activate the game. So when I install the game via steam, it asks me for my key code, which I duly put in. The game installs fine, and the patch updates automatically, great! So when I press launch why does it then ask me to activate the game again? I'm confused.com

just imagine the eastern europe had release date today and not the 21st of november. it would end up more horrible than it is already... si knew that so far every DRM game had sure troubles, they even postponed release in eastern europe and still they were proven wrong... learn from mistakes, next year prepare better

Truly awful spectacle of professional incompetence being shown here today by a company that I have had a lot of faith in.

Didn't the person/persons responsible for the DRM activation process realise that on launch day that literally thousands of people were going to be trying to log in simultaneously?

Was the procedure tested rigorusly beforehand?

Clearly it does not appear to have been from the inept way that it has been launched? Surely if the DRM registration process had been sufficiently well tested then the persons responsible would have noticed that the 1 & I were practically the same as were the O & 0. If the process had been thought out steps would have been taken to ensure that simple issues such as that were ironed out.

Someone somewhere has dropped an awful clanger here, the whole point of DRM is to make the game crack safe, well this game is crack safe because no-one can get in it. In fact at the minute it's safer than the Bank of England! I have no objections to DRM per se. If you wish to use it, then use it. But come on SI & Sega at least test the system beforehand. Don't rely on a system where you can't read the numbers, where you can't actually log in to the system and where you can't ring the telephone number because the line is constantly engaged. I'm going to give it 24 hours, if the code doesn't work by then I will return the game never to buy a new SI product which after 15 years of buying SI games would be a sad day. Sadly I don't think I'm alone in feeling like that.

Archived