Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

I installed the game fine a few hours ago but everytime i went to start it it came up with an error report!!

I've since tried rebooting computer, and uninstalling it countless times but it does the same thing! I cant take down firewall as im on the uni network, any other solutions??

and after all this it now says im not connected to the internet!

how annoying!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok... These genius security measures are clearly not working. The no CD / auth hacked version is already available so all that this new feature has done is annoyed the loyal customers who have paid.

Is there no way that you can cut SoftAnchor out of the process now you know the anti-hack software hasn't worked? Just a generic authorisation code or a patch that bypasses that part of the set-up?

Ther's a hacked version out already? Well, that makes the anti-piracy system well worth it doesn't it? Stopped the hackers for all of 5 f***** minutes!

Where is this hacked version? I'll take my genuine, bought copy that I can't play back to the shop and I'll download the illegal version that I can actually play!!!

Please can some one help! im having problems registering my code, originally i used the steam install option, it worked fine until i loaded the game and had to put in the code again, it uses the internet to confirm it and in doind so uses Internet Explorer which i dont use as it doesnt work (i use mozilla firefox) i tried changing html to htm, and all other possible solutions, so then i decided to reinstall FM09 and used the fone option i installed it loaded it up and it again asks for the code i dont have the option for phoning up and i dont know the number to ring. When i load it up its say;

Product Activations Options

Online Activation

(thats it i assume here i should have the option of phoning??)

Does any have the number to ring?

Or do you know how i can stop the SoftAnchor online registration?

ERrrrm. I have activated it through steam but when i try launch the game it sends me to softanchor to activate it again.!? WTF

When i try to activate it through steam though it sends me to softanchor . This is one big balls up by SI

People who thought this would be a good idea are/were ********.

exactly the same for me, except i was playing the game for 4 hours last night after i activated it. today for some unknown reason i had to activate it again, and it now won't verify the key code:mad:

All this DRM attempt is pointless and i cant understand why software companies pay money to make legitimate users' lives difficult.

Pirates will pirate your game anyway. This is madness. If legitimate games become harder to install than pirate copies, what do you think people will do?

I agree, and until this morning had never thought of doing such a thing before. SI sort it out, "its your baby!"

I want to be playing the game now it works but feel obliged to trawl here trying to help others that had the same probs as me.

By the way guys the freezing bug isnt cured by the patch but if you choose the screen definintion ( xyz X xyz thing) setting 2nd up from the bottom it seems to fix it.

Success at last :)

Right, for those who have XP and the boxed version like me, this is all i done,

Updated Windows

Restarted the computer

Started up FM09

Entered my code

and Bobs your Uncle, it works.

Sounds dead simple i know, but it worked for me.

When you say update windows, upadatw to what?

Hi guys, this is in the Activation sticky, but to try to help you have a look at the below and see if it helps

Persons experiencing an Error [-51] or [-52] when trying to activate their copy of the game should follow the instructions below.

The error messages relate to a failure to create a licence [-51] and failure to read from a licence [-52]. Therefore, the problem lies with the file system access and is not contributable to firewall programs. Anti-virus programs may be a contributing factor, this is still under investigation - we would ask that you follow the process below 'with' anti-virus on and if you are still failing to activate, please reboot and turn off antivirus.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3)Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

If you are unable to activate, please try the following:

A)**VISTA USERS ONLY** Re-run the process above, when at Step (6) - try running the installer under Adminstrator privileges (you need to locate the Setup.exe file, right click and 'Run as Administrator)

B) ALL USERS - Re-run the process, but before Step (1) , please disable your Anti-virus software

If you are still receiving errors, please post them in this thread and we will fix on a first come first served basis.

Please accept our utmost apologies for any inconvenience caused during this period - our aim is to get you playing as quickly as possible.

YOU are responsible for the DRM. Your last comment is thus incorrect, if that was your aim from the start DRM would not have happened and (goodwill wise) you would be a lot better off for it.

Throwing my hat into the "unable to connect to the internet" ring; also like the sarcy "For help please visit www.sigames.com."

Obviously it's to do with servers at SoftAnchor but surely they knew that there would be a huge number of people all over the world buying and thus needing to activate this game? how did they not anticipate that and thus account for it?

And what on earth is with the constant need for validation numbers? One entry of the activation code to a solid server is all that needs to be done, not this jumping from Steam to SoftAnchor; it reeks of distrust on our part as the consumer and it's funny to think that as there is no other genuine competition out therem why would you need to make it more consumer friendly?

After the strides that 2008 had made people are already being hampered with the 2009 brand, and they've not even had a chance to load it up yet.

Travesty

Can you please post YOUR specific problems so that we may assist.

Uniloc servers are running at 5% load - the problem is not Uniloc, nor DRM - it is that the keycodes are illegible...

We can and will assist each and every one of you - but please be patient and as factual as possible when posting.

Regards,

Murray

Sorry guys, to us that is one and the same thing. We love your work, but those in SI employ that were responsible for this, however you want to term it, should be fired - end of.

What about the many customers who haven't found these forums?

Did no-one anticipate any of these problems? If so, surely that is a sign of frightening incompetence?

Hi,

Those that haven't found the forums will find it more difficult it's true. We are updating the webpages as well and hoping to get a message out through retail as well. However, we hope to have a solution to the Uniloc code readability issue which is causing the vast majority of issues one way or another

Thanks

Ben

I've bought the boxed version

installed

authenticated through STEAM - went fine

Got to Soft Anchor - Says im offline, even though STEAM is online and im on the forums posting this!

I did all that was suggested, sync'd my clock, restarted, updated windows, restarted, ran the installer with admin rights, deleted the certificate, still nothing! Still say's im offline.

What else is there i can do? would be nice for SI to confirm the actual reason at least why this is happening, and let us know whats being done about it!

I'm new here and registering to use this forum was as stressful as not being able to play the damn game.

for hours Ive been having the softanchor problem telling me im not connected to the net.

Then I was getting an error code (71 i think it was) and that I needed to get a new key

But wait, now I'm not connected to the net again.

I'm a lucky tester of this game and have been eagerly awaiting for the release of this.... Now im just another annoyed customer.

Why am I even posting this far into a thread, it's not going to get read by anyone

Oh yeah, I've also never even heard of this steam thing so that is new for me. although I do like the auto updating through it.

Why can't we just install the game and play. why activate it anyway?

I know there are those who will get illegal copies of it, but that is going to happen anyway.

I know of some lucky people that got the game working, but i know of more that can't get it working

Mods -

I havent installed it yet im still at work but I put the key in that checker link and after entering it, it just displayed the key. It didnt say though key could not be found. Does this mean my key is correct as I am typing it? Please confirm.

Thanks

Those people getting errors 10 and 702 703, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

This is also causing a lot of the "no internet connection" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks

Ben

I really need some help here.

I hope to paste the error messages here, and please give me a solution.

My keycode can't be activated with Stream :mad:

And, using the other method (phone + internet), it shows my internet connection is down (???) and the trial period is over. what is going on???

Could you advise me how to send my file over to the expert?

thanks

SI couldnt give a ****.

TBH I have been v critical of SI this morning & quite rightly so in my opinion, however this is unfair they do care Im sure - but they must start listening to the customers (as they have regarding the game and its features) and not the corporate suits who always know best whilst actually knowing fxxk all.

And now it has been suggested that pirate copies are available - while many buyers cannot play with the endorsed products!, after several hours...can SI not see where this see going to end?

Hi,

Those that haven't found the forums will find it more difficult it's true. We are updating the webpages as well and hoping to get a message out through retail as well. However, we hope to have a solution to the Uniloc code readability issue which is causing the vast majority of issues one way or another

Thanks

Ben

The vast majority of the problems on here seem to be down to the softanchor online registration saying we are offline rather than the code.

When is this going ot be fixed?

installed

Got to Soft Anchor - Says im offline, even though STEAM is online and im on the forums posting this!

I did all that was suggested, sync'd my clock, restarted, updated windows, restarted, ran the installer with admin rights, deleted the certificate, still nothing! Still say's im offline.

What else is there i can do? would be nice for SI to confirm the actual reason at least why this is happening, and let us know whats being done about it!

Exactly what he said.

Hi there I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. I was testing my key in the checker and it displayed the key I wrote but with some 1's I typed replaced with i's and same for 0's and o's. Does this mean theone that is then displayed is the right key?

Thanks

This is really a shame. I ordered a boxed copy, got it today and got home from work early to play the game.

No it says i don't have an internet connection and now SI is telling they are updating things and that's causing the trouble? You got to be joking! After all, it IS expected that a lot of us are trying to get our game authenticated.

Go update in your own time, not when the majority is going through all this trouble because SI wants us to

Those people getting errors 10 and 702 703, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

This is also causing a lot of the "no internet connection" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks

Ben

Sorry, Ben, but the phone authentication hasn't been working since early this morning, therefore I don't think it's related.

Nobody has responded to the problems raised regarding the phone authentication.

Well, Spore proved DRM doesn't do anything to pirating software, and I'm sure FM09 will be quickly behind it. For the most part, I think everything was smooth Sega/SI's end until they put their faith in a 3rd party (SoftAnchor) for the finalization. I'm sure there's people at SEGA who are screaming down the phone at SoftAnchor people for the mess they've created.

Of course, of all this could have been avoided by not having DRM in the first place. Nevermind. Think I'll go and play FIFA on the 360, or maybe go...outside?!

installed

Exact same here. This has all turned into a nightmare, i've never had any problems before in all the years i've been playing these games.

Why do you have to make the installation process so tough?

It is getting too frustrated with the process.

I happily bought the game FM2009, and rushed home to do the installation. And, I am still sitting in front of my laptop after 3 hours. Goosh ...

Please spare us this agony...:o

I installed the game fine a few hours ago but everytime i went to start it it came up with an error report!!

I've since tried rebooting computer, and uninstalling it countless times but it does the same thing! I cant take down firewall as im on the uni network, any other solutions??

Archived