Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont understand why i needed to put in an activation code with steam and then a second time with softanchor. surely once should suffice. this is stupid. i bet softanchor only has one server authenticating the online requests and its a p1 133mhz mmx, 64mb ram

lol it doesnt make sense does it, steam accepts it fine

they probably running the requests on an amstrad

Please can some one help! im having problems registering my code, originally i used the steam install option, it worked fine until i loaded the game and had to put in the code again, it uses the internet to confirm it and in doind so uses Internet Explorer which i dont use as it doesnt work (i use mozilla firefox) i tried changing html to htm, and all other possible solutions, so then i decided to reinstall FM09 and used the fone option i installed it loaded it up and it again asks for the code i dont have the option for phoning up and i dont know the number to ring. When i load it up its say;

Product Activations Options

Online Activation

(thats it i assume here i should have the option of phoning??)

Does any have the number to ring?

Or do you know how i can stop the SoftAnchor online registration?

Hi,

Those people getting errors 10 and 702, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks

Ben

I'm getting the cannot connect to internet error too, but one thing I have noticed is that I use firefox to browse the net. When you click on the sigames web address in the activation error box, it loads up in internet explorer, but then says it cannot find webpage. Yet I can access the same site fine through firefox

Hi,

Those people getting errors 10 and 702, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks

Ben

This is also causing a lot of the "no internet" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates

Thanks

Ben

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

And what about the thousands of people who bought the game and havent found these forums for help? This really is laughably bad customer service. At the risk of stopping a minority of unscrupulous individuals, many genuine fans are being severely put out.

got softanchor problems aswell. I understood the servers are being hammered right now but this is insane.

I usually am constructive and positive about things, but this time you've blewed it, guys. Bigtime. Hope you learn from the experience and this never happens again.

This is a joke.

Been trying to install it for hours now. The online activation program says that im not connected to network

and when im trying to activate it via phone, the number on program goes to FOREIGN BATTERY REPLACEMENT company.

I think SI just made me to pay EVEN more than that redicolous $60.99 by making me call an international call????

Ive wasted my money, ive wasted my time, this is unbelieveble........

Do something!!!!

Private Eye could do a lovely section on this farce comprising quotes from SI and Sega bods over the past few weeks casually dismissing any worries people had about being able to activate and comparing that to the ridiculous state of affairs now. Even if it is a very small number of people affected - and it may be many more - I hope the people responsible are at least a bit embarrassed about the shambles.

Ben, in reference to the question I posted earlier: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2025876&postcount=730

I have installed the game and activated it via steam on my PC, but when I install on my laptop I'm still asked to activate the game again. Sorry if this is the same problem everyone else is experiencing, but have I just wasted my time installing it if I still need to phone SoftAnchor?

Ok... These genius security measures are clearly not working. The no CD / auth hacked version is already available so all that this new feature has done is annoyed the loyal customers who have paid.

Is there no way that you can cut SoftAnchor out of the process now you know the anti-hack software hasn't worked? Just a generic authorisation code or a patch that bypasses that part of the set-up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcooper

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

This is also causing a lot of the "no internet" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates

Thanks

Ben

I bought FM09 on my way to work but took it back for a refund during my lunch hour after reading about the issues on this forum. I have played FM since the very beginning and i have never seen anything like this, nor have i criticised them about past games as i felt the complaints were based on individual experiences, but this time FM have made a huge error in judgement. What a shame, i hope they fix it soon otherwise they will lose another loyal fan.

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

Quote:

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

Thanks

Ben

What about the many customers who haven't found these forums?

Did no-one anticipate any of these problems? If so, surely that is a sign of frightening incompetence?

Still looking for an acknowledgement that the phone activation system is broken.

I realise it's busy, and I don't get through every time. However, when I do get through, I get to the point where I enter my key, and the line goes dead.

No SI staff are yet to recognise this issue on the forums. Please let us know that you are aware of this, and a remedy is being prepared.

Ok... These genius security measures are clearly not working. The no CD / auth hacked version is already available so all that this new feature has done is annoyed the loyal customers who have paid.

Is there no way that you can cut SoftAnchor out of the process now you know the anti-hack software hasn't worked? Just a generic authorisation code or a patch that bypasses that part of the set-up?

In trying to stop it, SI have actually made piracy a much more attractive option.

m getting the same problem gaz.

I entered the activation code successfully to install the game, now its gave me a multiplayer code which i copy and paste on to the soft anchor code request screen, done that but its now failing to send the activation code because its telling me im not connected to the internet..which i clearly am, its also saying my trial period has expired?? only bought the game today!

im running the game on xp

y make the installation of a game so complicated? "If its not broke dont fix it" comes to mind....

Amazing isn't it. I wouldn't be surprised if the (shoddy) implementation of this new system hasn't actually cost SI sales. Rather than delaying the pirates, the activation has prevented legitimate, paying customers from playing. It really is a joke.

Quote:

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

Thanks

Ben

You guys need to check finnish phone activation number. It goes to some english BATTERY REPLACEMENT store, and i cant stop thinking that when i called that number, you guys made me pay for the international call too.

Thanks.

This is not the end of the world but enough to ruin my day.

Amazing isn't it. I wouldn't be surprised if the (shoddy) implementation of this new system hasn't actually cost SI sales. Rather than delaying the pirates, the activation has prevented legitimate, paying customers from playing. It really is a joke.

The frustrating thing is that the only people playing the game today are those who haven't paid for it.

ERrrrm. I have activated it through steam but when i try launch the game it sends me to softanchor to activate it again.!? WTF

When i try to activate it through steam though it sends me to softanchor . This is one big balls up by SI

People who thought this would be a good idea are/were ********.

There are updates currently happening to the Unilock servers which is why we are getting problems.

As I said before, relax and be patient. Why not paint your nails, and blow dry your hair while you wait? You might like it, and it will definitely take your mind off this! :eek:

Archived