Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those having activation issues...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

I first installed the game through the joke that is STEAM and the code worked - problem with that is that steam doesn't allow you direct access to the game so I deleted it from there and re-installed it on my PC (I dont want my games stored on a third party and only installed them to play the strawberry demo)

Now however the keycode doesn't work - first it said it was invalid so I used the keycode checker and had it spot on; retried it both small and caps case and now when I press Paste on the activation screen it simply pastes the last 5 characters into a new version of the screen

I have tried cancelling and re-doing but it keeps happening - I have tried re-booting and now the activation simply says its an incorrect code but again using the keycode thing you guys already made available the code I am using is spot on correct

can someone from SI please advise?

No one has answered my question. If I want to move and play FM on another computer now, do I just copy the football manager 2009 folder over, or do I need to install steam as well, etc...? How does it work exactly? I hope I dont have to redownload.

I hope so, it would be better sincerely to check well the game before making it go out. For the one that are a fan of the series is very whipping to have the game in the hands and not to be able to play it.

For the more' seeing that the consumers PC can already play the game.

I am very disappointed by the service offered to the MAC consumers.

Sorry for my English.

To be fair, it's perfectly playable on a Mac. I'm doing so at the moment and have been since Tuesday evening. Yes, right click is an issue, but there are several ways to work around it.

no it installed and activated through steam and when i launched it from steam i was asked to activate so pasted the code steam gave me and it gave me the error :51

also says SoftAnchor Your trial period has EXPIRED maybe this is the problem this morning? any feedback SI?

also have no option to activate the game through the phone

For those having activation issues...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

So what do we do Miles and SI team what do we do, some saddos like myself took the day off work to play the game

which I did by the way for a brief couple of hours, only for me to log out

and then log back into the game only for the activation code request screen to appear and ask for my key which already been registered

Seems a bit strange to me

Good luck guys, because I think its going to be a while before all the issues are fixed :(

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!

When will the Mac Patch come on? Paided the money for the game and now just want to play it!

Can you at least give us an idea when it will be ready for today? I don't want to waste a day waiting in front of my Computer.

Please any info would be great!

That is one brilliant error message -- You are unable to connect to the internet, for help please visit www.sigames.com. :-)

I had the same problem guys,

I disabled my firewall or add th FM09.exe to your firewalls exception list and this will solve the problem well it did at least for me

but I can't play the game due to my activation keyed being registered already (by me) ????

FFS SI were are you on this morning of release? i CANNOT activate ready my many posts above i have tried every solution you reccomend!!!!!

The people from SI who were on here helping and posting last night and into this morning have problably crashed and burned!

I would imagine the staff who have come in are in a crisis managment/briefing session furiously trying to figure out whasts going on and what they are going to do next!

That is unless they have all go to visit the people responsible for printing the activation codes!

If you post or PM me a description of your error I will try and help you.

yeah mine too i have no option to activate over the phone, uninstalling, downloading steam and going to try to activate through them

Dont give the purchaser a phone number to call - This was SI's answer to the concern of tel lines that were jammed or had long hold times! Of couse you could call the tech line at £1 per min but I thought it was only FM live which was designed to bleed you dry of money?

Awesome SI ! - great laterall solution to a genuine consumer problem!

After 90mins fannying around am now in the game and the goalpost shadows make me feel all warm inside! Hope you all get it up & running soon. Word of advice for parents tho, do not buy this game as an Xmas pressie - your child will be crying with disappointment due to the awkward long winded initial set up and it will ruin your breakfast time.

Dont give the purchaser a phone number to call - This was SI's answer to the concern of tel lines that were jammed or had long hold times! Of couse you could call the tech line at £1 per min but I thought it was only FM live which was designed to bleed you dry of money?

Awesome SI ! - great laterall solution to a genuine consumer problem!

After 90mins fannying around am now in the game and the goalpost shadows make me feel all warm inside! Hope you all get it up & running soon. Word of advice for parents tho, do not buy this game as an Xmas pressie - your child will be crying with disappointment due to the awkward long winded initial set up and it will ruin your breakfast time.

If you brought the DVD copy like me there was a number to ring!

However last night it just rang and rang and rang rang I did have a number for chap at SI last nite but I know he isnt working at moment and therefore wont punish him by posting it!

Sege Europe Customer Services Non Geographic number 0208 9964430:cool:

i tried ringing the helpline....engaged lol typical

the problem for me is activation i have the correct keycode pasted in but every time i get error 51 tried all their recoomendations, installed it through steam and it activated through them but then when prompted by softanchor ,as before, it gives me the error, now onto my 3 re-install to try it again!!

Hate steam so much, nice one for keeping us all controlled SI this is the thanks for millions of us who buy your product year in year out? Do I have to have Steam running in the background all the time? If this is the case I'll be returning the game to the shop and going back to FM08

This doesn't always help Miles,

My problem is I have activated my game played it for a bit no problems and then I went back to play it and all I get is this, what a joke!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE THE KEY IS ACTIVE I ACTIVATED IT

I shouldn't need to sign up to a forum, trawl the net for a fix and upload an image to a ftp server all so I can show you guys the problem

I have bought this game legitimately, the least you can do is provide your customers with the service they payed you for!!

I look forward to your reply

fm09.gif

Hi,

Uninstall or try deleting this directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate on XP and/or C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate on Vista

Then try to activate again - that should clear it up. Remember - make sure the directory ends in "Certificate"

Hi,

Uninstall or try deleting this directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate on XP and/or C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate on Vista

Then try to activate again - that should clear it up. Remember - make sure the directory ends in "Certificate"

That worked thanks

Hi,

I will give it a try guys I will let you know how I get on - thanks for the prompt reply

EDIT

It worked for me, from a personal point of view STEAM is not the issue here for me personally it was SOFTanchor

I have bought countless games from steam as my previous screen shots provided shows, it really is great peice of software - HONEST

anyway the bad news now that FM is back up and running I need to go shopping with the Mrs d'oh

Good Luck Guys

Hi,

Any chance of a word with what's going on with people who have bought it through steam,are getting -51 error,have tried all the fixes and are not getting anywhere???

Does anyone know if it's possible to launch FM after you've installed it without using Steam? I don't want to have to log into it every time I play

So your saying it has to be played online every time? Thats so stupid. Can anyone confirm this?

And whats the link to activate online?

Hi,

Cheers guys; that worked for me too - added bonus? During all this I completely deleted STEAM

SI for next year revert back to your previous delivery methods; I can see why you'd use them but it adds unnecessary complication.

I have boxed version and have authenticated throught steam its now in process of updating(patch I presume) how do I get to data editor and installed files on my computer or do I have to run Steam if so how do I data edit? please help getting very frustrated here

let me know how you get on mate because i tried through steam, once patch was downloaded launched it from their but once again asked me to activate which i couldnt

What the Shxt !!! I just buy this game in Hong Kong. The "25 characters" Football Manager 2009 Keycode is adhered at the back of the game manual.

I have tried all the possible code....I have no "O" or "0", only have one "I" (maybe "1" or "L") but I have already tried all of it. Nothing but Invalid Product Code.

I don't have a scanner to scan my manual / receipt, if I have to contact the STEAM support, do I really have to buy a SCANNER for it?

Actually, I am extremely angry now !!!!!!! Anyone can help ??

God this is seems like a nightmare. I've just bought the boxed game and will try it when I go home. All this to play a bloody game, it really is ridiculous.

I'm the same, I'm going to try it tonight.

It better work, all this messing just to play a game, is a joke. :thdn:

Archived