Is FM Mobile worth it?

Hello everyone,,

Ive been a FM player for years, but on PC mainly. Ive not played any mobile FM since 2013.

The 2013 experience was very distasteful compared to what we currently have (or will have, like that tactics revamp), but I am not willing to buy the full game.

Question is, am I going to like FM Mobile? Is it like the FM Touch version you have on PC, and what are its functionalities?

FMM is nothing like FM Touch. It is a completely stand-alone game which has been designed for those who don't have the time to commit themselves to the full Football Manager experience.

Although FMM is a stripped down version of Football Manager, it still has a great deal of depth to it. And yes, there have been a number of enhancements to the game since the 2013 version. The match engine has been enhanced. Training has been revamped. There are more tactical options and contract negotiations are more advanced. FYI: the match engine is 2D not 3D. Some people who are used to FM Touch are sometimes disappointed by this.

FMM doesn't have have as many playable leagues as Football Manager or FM Touch but providing you have a recent smartphone, you can select up to four playable leagues.

Unfortunately FMM19 was released with a number of bugs which has spoiled the enjoyment factor for me. However, these are being looked into by the developers and hopefully an update will be released soon.

With regards to whether you will enjoy it; if you compare FMM with Football Manager or FM Touch then you might be disappointed. However, if you want a version of the game that will enable you to play through a season in a number of hours rather than days, then you should enjoy it. It is by far the best game of its kind for mobile devices and my commutes into work are much more enjoyable because of FMM.

Yes, what Lilly says.

It plays a lot quicker than than the pc  version, more like the old CM games. Training/scouting/squad management and tactical options are all pretty basic, but it can be very addictive if you enjoy fast paced squad building.

And yes, we are all waiting for an update which hopefully will fix some major flaws in the game.

On 25/01/2019 at 10:11, Lillywhite Dean said:

FMM is nothing like FM Touch. It is a completely stand-alone game which has been designed for those who don't have the time to commit themselves to the full Football Manager experience.

Although FMM is a stripped down version of Football Manager, it still has a great deal of depth to it. And yes, there have been a number of enhancements to the game since the 2013 version. The match engine has been enhanced. Training has been revamped. There are more tactical options and contract negotiations are more advanced. FYI: the match engine is 2D not 3D. Some people who are used to FM Touch are sometimes disappointed by this.

FMM doesn't have have as many playable leagues as Football Manager or FM Touch but providing you have a recent smartphone, you can select up to four playable leagues.

Unfortunately FMM19 was released with a number of bugs which has spoiled the enjoyment factor for me. However, these are being looked into by the developers and hopefully an update will be released soon.

With regards to whether you will enjoy it; if you compare FMM with Football Manager or FM Touch then you might be disappointed. However, if you want a version of the game that will enable you to play through a season in a number of hours rather than days, then you should enjoy it. It is by far the best game of its kind for mobile devices and my commutes into work are much more enjoyable because of FMM.

On 26/01/2019 at 08:03, JimJobs2 said:

Yes, what Lilly says.

It plays a lot quicker than than the pc  version, more like the old CM games. Training/scouting/squad management and tactical options are all pretty basic, but it can be very addictive if you enjoy fast paced squad building.

And yes, we are all waiting for an update which hopefully will fix some major flaws in the game.

should i buying before the update comes cos Lillywhite says it "spoiled the enjoyment factor" for him but still says to who is replying to that they should enjoy it and you mention flaws and bugs :onmehead:

On 29/01/2019 at 20:08, R_Andy said:

should i buying before the update comes cos Lillywhite says it "spoiled the enjoyment factor" for him but still says to who is replying to that they should enjoy it and you mention flaws and bugs :onmehead:

Read the threads: is FMM too easy? and Player Conditioning for an understanding of the problems.

Basically the game doesn't offer enough of a challenge because the player has too much advantage over the AI, which becomes more apparent as you progress.

SI seem to believe that to appeal to casual players they need to make the game very very easy. In my opinion this is flawed since the casual player is not going to know this before buying the game.

Having said that, I am not going to recommend against buying it.

On 31/01/2019 at 14:44, JimJobs2 said:

Read the threads: is FMM too easy? and Player Conditioning for an understanding of the problems.

Basically the game doesn't offer enough of a challenge because the player has too much advantage over the AI, which becomes more apparent as you progress.

SI seem to believe that to appeal to casual players they need to make the game very very easy. In my opinion this is flawed since the casual player is not going to know this before buying the game.

Having said that, I am not going to recommend against buying it.

I will try it when it's on sale I think but thank you as that is clearer :)

Archived