Sports Interactive Community
brado09

3D match performance issues - new update?

I opened the game for the first time in a couple days and see there was an update.  Suddenly there is degradation in performance when viewing a match and I never changed any match settings.  Players don't run smoothly like they did the last time I opened the game.  

I run on iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB and 8GB RAM.  The game says it's "5 star" graphics quality.  My settings have been:

Graphics Quality - High

Render, Mesh, Shadow, Texture, Anti-Aliasing - Medium

Crowd Quality - Low

I really enjoyed the 3D match experience with these settings, but am finding myself extremely frustrated since I did nothing to my computer while away, and all of a sudden the game isn't as smooth.  Any suggestions?

We're currently investigating a new performance issue on Mac since the most recent update. As soon as we have a solution we'll let you know, sorry about this!

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

We're currently investigating a new performance issue on Mac since the most recent update. As soon as we have a solution we'll let you know, sorry about this!

Thank you!  Glad to know it's not just me :-).

Mac adoption is probably 20% of desktop/laptop market these days so I can’t imagine how many FM players (every version from CM97/98 in my case) haven’t been able to play the game for the last 48 hours. I’ll turn off automatic updates from now on. If this carries on can’t you just make 19.2.1 available again so the games not bricked? Biggest f**k up in 20 years of updates for me. 

I didn’t know you can turn off automatic updates. Where exactly do you do that? In preferences somewhere?

I’m running on a MAC and don’t want this to happen to my save. 

Thanks for the info.