Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Performance/Lag problems on Mac post 19.2.2

I would also like to state that if you turn off retina in the retail game most lag seem to be gone. Maybe its still some sort of use for SI to take a look at 

I'm a bit confused as to what impact me changing over the public data will have on my save and my ability to carry on playing it in future? Can someone clarify this for me?

From what I understand is that you can play on the beta now and once the update comes out for the original game the save will carry over

7 minuti fa, Neil Brock ha scritto:

It will be fine, you will be able to continue in either version once we update the retail version to 19.2.3 - which we hope will be soon.

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, TOBLERONE1401 said:

I'm a bit confused as to what impact me changing over the public data will have on my save and my ability to carry on playing it in future? Can someone clarify this for me?

What Jeff7 said below. We ask people to back up their saves but the reality is you should be absolutely fine and when we update the full retail release version you can carry your save on. 

It is working fine now. Although, it seems goalkeepers are no longer interested in attempting to save penalties.

Edited by Oladotun

Just now, Oladotun said:

It is working fine now. Although, it seems goalkeepers are no longer interesting in attempting to save penalties.

There's been no changes to the match engine, so that would just be coincidence! 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

There's been no changes to the match engine, so that would just be coincidence! 

In that case, it's all good. 

Thanks.

I play on a network game, the host is on Windows so I assume I won’t be able to connect to him if I install this beta patch? 

20 minutes ago, Nooks said:

I play on a network game, the host is on Windows so I assume I won’t be able to connect to him if I install this beta patch? 

Not for the time-being but we're hopeful of updating the PC version as well as soon as we can which will allow you to carry on as normal. 

The beta update seems to be working fine for now. Will just have to keep an eye on these for a few days IMO.

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Not for the time-being but we're hopeful of updating the PC version as well as soon as we can which will allow you to carry on as normal. 

Well i’ll still have to play with the stuttering then...

6 hours ago, Nooks said:

Well i’ll still have to play with the stuttering then...

Any issue with slowdown on PC won't be related to 19.2.2. We would suggest reading the following for further assistance - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/183_technical-support/186_pc/the-game-appears-slow-when-i’m-clicking-between-screens-r691/

Working perfectly on the public beta thank you..

22 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay we've rolled out a potential fix via our Public Beta, so if you move over to this following the instructions from the first post of this thread, you should see improvements - https://community.sigames.com/topic/465780-performancelag-problems-on-mac-post-1922/

Please let us know how you get on either way. Thanks. 

Any reason why I can't join the beta? Under the beta tab it says NONE and I cannot choose any other option?

Scrap that, I've managed it now. 

Edited by bucket

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you have beta participation turned off for all of Steam? You can check by following the instructions here - https://appuals.com/how-to-opt-out-of-beta-participation-on-steam/

Just sorted it Neil thanks, the game was running, so closed it and tried again. Sorted this time. Thanks for quick reply.

I downloaded the beta, been playing for a couple of hours with no problem. Then while I was saving, it crashed and now my save got corrupted. Including the "last save overwrite backup" :(
All my older saves are opening.

The Beta update do not work for me. Game lagging a bit when not in match, and a lot when in macth on 3D. I can play matches in 2D.  I have:

MacOs Mojave, version 10.14.2
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

6 hours ago, Toutoum said:

The Beta update do not work for me. Game lagging a bit when not in match, and a lot when in macth on 3D. I can play matches in 2D.  I have:

MacOs Mojave, version 10.14.2
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

So to confirm, you've definitely moved over to the beta version? And it's still lagging for you? 

What version number is the game? You can see this when in a save via FM -> About Football Manager

16 hours ago, hallow__ween said:

I downloaded the beta, been playing for a couple of hours with no problem. Then while I was saving, it crashed and now my save got corrupted. Including the "last save overwrite backup" :(
All my older saves are opening.

Was this on Mac or PC? Was any error message or crash dump generated when it crashed? Or was it the entire system that crashed? Would suggest creating your own new thread and providing as much information as possible.

Thanks. 

22 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

So to confirm, you've definitely moved over to the beta version? And it's still lagging for you? 

What version number is the game? You can see this when in a save via FM -> About Football Manager

Yes, it is lagging. And im sure I'm on the beta, as the game states it, in steam.
I'm on 19.2.3-1187983 (m.e v1922)

Just an info: for those who activated the public beta version few days ago, can we switch back to the "normal" version on the steam preferences after the update to 19.2.3 retail without creating any problem to the save?

thanks in advance :) 

52 minutes ago, LolloViola said:

Just an info: for those who activated the public beta version few days ago, can we switch back to the "normal" version on the steam preferences after the update to 19.2.3 retail without creating any problem to the save?

thanks in advance :) 

Yes you can,

On 30/01/2019 at 13:47, Neil Brock said:

Same for me. Still some lag in the 3D-match engine, 100% sure I'm in the beta. Specs below:

MacOS Mojave (10.14.3)
MacBook Pro (13", 2016)
2 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

在 2019/1/31 在 PM8点35分, tonsved说:

Same for me. Still some lag in the 3D-match engine, 100% sure I'm in the beta. Specs below:

MacOS Mojave (10.14.3)
MacBook Pro (13", 2016)
2 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

Hi can you try going back to the the full version (away from the public beta version, please? The lag problem should be fixed in the 19.2.3 update. I would suggest you to try deleting caches and preferences via Finders - 

Thanks. 

On 23/01/2019 at 13:46, Neil Brock said:

We've just updated the Public Beta version on Mac to 19.2.3 which contains a potential fix to address lagging/performance issues. To access this version please read the instructions below:

The game code within the public beta will be ahead of the retail version and will contain certain fixes and improvements to the game which will still be in testing. This may be stability fixes, bug fixes, match engine improvements, essentially anything which can be addressed by an update in game.

It’s entirely opt-in, the only thing to bear in mind is that it will be later code, (say 19.2.3 rather than 19.2.2) so if you save your save game in the public beta, you will only be able to load this same save in the public beta until the retail version is updated.

We would always recommend backing up any save games prior to joining the public beta. Save games can be found in the following location by default:

On Mac - /Users/[Your Mac Username]/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019/games

The public-beta version of the game is available via Steam by following the instruction below.

- Open Steam
- Go to 'Football Manager 2019' within your Steam Library
- Right-Click on the game and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Via the 'Select the beta you would like to opt into' dropdown, select 'public beta'
- Click 'Close'

Upon launching the game, the improvements should be active. 

Hi,

I have just updated the latest version OS on my mac that was recently released and have experienced the same issue we all had in January. The gameplay has all gone laggy. I tried my luck using the public beta again but same issue . Have you had any more reports of this please?

14 minutes ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hey there,

We are aware of this issue and are working towards a fix,

Cheers,

Hugo

Cheers Hugo

MacOS High Sierra V 10.13.6 Imac 27" Processor 2.66 GHz Intel core i5 Memory 20gb 1067 MHz DDR3 Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB.

Running FM 2019 and having huge issues with lagging during match. I play via steam and have followed your instructions by allocating beta to public beta, still no improvement.

I love the game but however, it is being spoilt by the lagging during the match. The match is the pinnacle of the hard work put in from training, selection and tactical input, and serves as a confirmation of all your decision making, so to hardly see it because of lagging match play is very frustrating.

I have played earlier versions of FM without problems, and as it is the best football manager sim on the market, I feel, having spent the money, that it should at least be playable. 

I also tried playing old versions of FM (FM18) in the meantime while the team is working on fixing the lagging issue, however, I am still experiencing the same lag problems on FM18 :seagull:

Not sure what's really wrong...

Hi! Same issues as the others here

- What is your type of Mac : Macbook pro 1" late 2013 ( Mojave 10.14.14, 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8gb ram 
- What resolution is your system running in?  windowed - in lowest graphics 'very low' setting
- Does it always lag during a match? yes, it also lags in general, but since i changed to the public beta, the game seems to have improved a little bit - still unplayable tough
- What graphics quality level (low, medium, high etc) do you run in? very low
- Have you encountered any other lag/performance issue outside of the match? Same as before, UI very slow, drag/drop latency, fans working really hard to cooldown cpu btw.
- Are you running any other programs at the same time? No

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

We've made some tweaks and hopefully there should be improvement if you try our public beta build. To access this version just read all the instructions found here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/455051-joining-the-football-manager-2019-public-beta/ 

Please let us know how you get on. 

hi neil, this is after updating to the public beta build...

9 hours ago, kix766 said:

hi neil, this is after updating to the public beta build...

Did you try deleting your caches and preferences folder after the update? - 

Update: Would you be able to attach your system report on here, please? - 

Let us know how you get on, please.

21 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Did you try deleting your caches and preferences folder after the update? - 

Update: Would you be able to attach your system report on here, please? - 

Let us know how you get on, please.

I still have lagging issues after changing to the beta. I've attached my system info.

MacBook Pro.spx

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

macOS Mojave version 10.14.4

Processor:  3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

After upgrading from Mojave 10.14.3 to 10.14.4 matches has been terribly laggy, as well as progressing within the game. Navigation around the UI seems to be fine, but definitely not as smooth as usual. 
Also it still seems like the laptop is just about to take off to the moon during matches, but that seems to be unfixable since that's been an issue for years. 

I've attached an image of the CPU usage during a game, which is roughly about 25%. The spike was when opening Safari to enter this topic... 
There are plenty of free capacity on both CPU usage and memory usage, so this might be related to the latest OS update. 

I deleted cache and preferences this morning, as I've dealt with the lag for the last couple of days, and that didn't help. I haven't tried the public beta, as I'm not sure wether a fix should be included for this or not. 

Skærmbillede 2019-04-15 kl. 10.02.08.png

11 hours ago, Oladotun said:

The game is still lagging 

Thanks for your feedback, we are looking to for another potential update soon to improve on this situation further. Have you tried using different graphics level and if so, can you see any graphics level is better than the other?

17 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Thanks for your feedback, we are looking to for another potential update soon to improve on this situation further. Have you tried using different graphics level and if so, can you see any graphics level is better than the other?

I tried medium and it was still bad so I switched to 2D.

6 hours ago, Oladotun said:

I tried medium and it was still bad so I switched to 2D.

Was this on the public beta? We released another update yesterday afternoon which hopefully should have improved it further. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Was this on the public beta? We released another update yesterday afternoon which hopefully should have improved it further. 

Yes, it was. And no, the update from yesterday did not improve the gameplay. Also, I've found that the processing speed outside matches has really slowed.

1 hour ago, Oladotun said:

Yes, it was. And no, the update from yesterday did not improve the gameplay. Also, I've found that the processing speed outside matches has really slowed.

So it's slowed since 10.14.4, or has it slowed since moving onto the public beta? If you move off the public beta, does the processing speed increase?

It's quite odd if that is the case as we've not changed anything which would affect processing speeds.