Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
matthew1872

Unplayable on MacBook Air after update

After today’s update the 2D match engine/game  is so jittery that football manager is no longer playable I personally okay on a 2013 MacBook Air with Intel I5 graphics it was working perfectly fine until the update, I’ve tried unistalling and reinstalling the game clearing the cache and all that stuff but nothing is working 

Edited by matthew1872

Same problem.

Everything was fine until Steam pulled down 19.2.2 tonight.

Now 3D highlights are stuttering and lagging terribly.

Was smooth as butter before.

MacBook Pro 2014 model with the Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics. Graphics settings are on low.

Same, on MacBook Pro. Match Engine ran fine on "TV", now the frame rate is about a third of what it was and is almost unwatchable. Bizarrely the 2D view also is a terrible. Please roll back whatever changes were made!

Okay few questions it'd be good to know:

- What is your type of Mac (Macbook, iMac, Macbook Air etc), what year is it from and what operating system are you running in? You can see this via 'Apple' -> 'About this Mac' - For instance Macbook Air 13 inch, 2017 running 10.12.6.
- What resolution is your system running in? You can see this via System Preferences -> Displays -> 'Scaled'
- Are you running FM in full screen or windowed mode?
- Does it always lag during a match?
- What graphics quality level (low, medium, high etc) do you run in? Does this happen in other settings? Does it happen in both 2D and 3D?
- Have you encountered any other lag/performance issue outside of the match? If so, please describe.
- Are you running any other programs at the same time? Does the lag get worse if you interact with separate programs (say a web browser) whilst running the game? 

MacBook Pro (Retina 15-inch, Mid-2015) running Mojave 10.14.2 

But without meaning to be a smartarse it’s clearly something in the latest update. Interestingly on steam there appears to be no ‘patch-notes’ or similar outlining what has been changed (the last post in the FM19 updates page is from early Nov18). 

But whatever was included has effectively ‘bricked’ the game on Mac.

Both in 3D and 2D. 

Full screen mode  

All of a sudden (yesterday) lag is very evident.

Low graphics

Thw graphical performance when the game is running affects the whole computer (ie cmd-tab to Safari or email or whatever) is stuttery too when it wasn’t before. Lots of other programs could run happily in the background with the game open  

Stuttering noticeable on all screens: continue, even as the header/calendar graphic comes down from the top of the screen and moving from squad > player > contract for example is painful. 

Edited by runandjump

Having the same on my Macbook Pro (2013 Retina 2.6GHz i5) running Mojave 10.14.2.

Since the new update, even the 'leagues screen' before loading and main menu is choppy. No problems playing yesterday.

Full Screen 1280 * 800. Graphics Quality Low.

Edited by cwc1

The specs for my MacBook Air are The Apple MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.3 13-Inch (Mid-2013/Haswell) features a 22-nm "Haswell" 1.3 GHz Intel "Core i5" processor (4250U) with two independent processor "cores" on a single chip, a 3 MB shared level 3 cache, 4 GB of onboard 1600 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM running the latest Mac OS system which I think is Mojave, I’ve got all the graphic settings set on the game to recommended for this pc/computer I play in full screen mode using 2D classic as my match engine  with the only other application running being steam , until yesterday I’ve not had any issues with the game before this I noticed it was very jittery on start up as well not just in game 

Appreciate you guys are working on this...just did an experiment on FM18 with the same laptop (specs in post above) and it runs as smooth as butter, even with elevated performance settings compared to what i have on FM19

Further experiments removing Retina (which worked OK before) and reducing all possible quality to Low/VeryLow helps a lot. The resolution even after playing with the zoom options has gone all to crap though.

Edited by runandjump

Hello, i have Macbook Air from 2018 with i5. I was playing on full low specs. After update 19.2.2 in squad team my Mac is so noisy! What the hell? Community Games please fix it, because FM is not playable at the moment!