Sports Interactive Community
Ajax_Barcelona_Cruyff

19.2.2 has caused match engine to stutter horrendously

Everything was fine until Steam pulled down 19.2.2 tonight.

Now 3D highlights are stuttering and lagging terribly.

Was smooth as butter before.

MacBook Pro 2014 model with the Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics. Graphics settings are on low.

Same for me, using iMAC Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015)

Awful stuttering since the update.

Same issue here on;

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8gb Ram and Intel Iris 1563MB graphics card.

Same issue! I have an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5 inch, 2017) and it is completely unplayable at the moment with the stuttering match engine. Hope this is fixed soon. It was perfectly fine before the 19.2.2 update.

Edited by Ed08

Thought something had changed, updated drivers and it seems even worse. Unplayable now on 3D.

i7 2.7GHz 8gb ram, nvidia 960m

update - followed the nvidia thread and that has made a massive improvement BUT something changed with that patch

Edited by Robbie08

This game was already killing my Mac in terms of making it overheat and drain its battery but with this update its doing all of that along with making the game slower in terms of it seems like it taking up more processing power and like you mention the match engine is completely screwed!!

I have the exact same issues with my 2017 MacBook Pro. I hope they fix it soon

Same here - I've always had to play with the settings turned down to low (MacBook Pro 2013), but it ran OK but now stuttering very badly

There is an option about using software to render the graphics in the preferences menu, somewhere below the screen resolution and graphics quality. Try ticking/unticking this option. This worked for me last time.

Sorry I cannot be more specific right now, I do not have the game handy. I can check later tonight to be more specific about this.

Just want to add myself to this list. Clearly an issue with 19.2.2 which affects Macs. Mines a iMac 27 with a Radeon Pro 580 which worked great prior to the update a couple of days ago! 

We're currently investigating a new performance issue on Mac since the most recent update. As soon as we have a solution we'll let you know, sorry about this!

Same here. Created an account to say how bad it is now for me. 

MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014

Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

Hopefully this is fixed very soon. Unplayable game at the moment. I had no issues whatsoever before this. My fans are on high and my laptop gets warm just browsing the game now, let alone during a match. Not even using retina. 

Same here on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB

Edited by M.D

Same on mine. I have started another thread but that doesn't look like it's being read. Windows 10 gaming laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5 RX 560 x Card. Ran perfectly well until recently. All drivers etc. are up to date.

Yes not just a Mac issue but also affecting PCs. My drivers are up to date and have 5 star graphics rating in match preference menu yet after the latest update the match engine has become jerky and laggy. Ran perfect before

So pleased I found this thread. I thought I was going mad! I have a brand new Mac (with upgrades) and it was juddering!

I have the same issue. 

Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2016). 

2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz

Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB / Intel HD Graphics 530 1536MB

Hope this will be fixed soon. 

On 22/01/2019 at 20:31, Ajax_Barcelona_Cruyff said:

Everything was fine until Steam pulled down 19.2.2 tonight.

Now 3D highlights are stuttering and lagging terribly.

Was smooth as butter before.

MacBook Pro 2014 model with the Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics. Graphics settings are on low.

Same model as original poster...same issues. Started a new career with updated database from a third party so thought it may be that that was causing the stuttering but obviously not. Only playing 2D match engine but unwatchable