Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
jenvaskes

U18 Staff

I've recently noticed that U18 staff is no longer showing in the Boardroom list.

And that when proposing a contract for a U18 position, the vacancy count (e.g. 11/11) shows the number of vacancies for Senior staff instead.

On 19/01/2019 at 11:18, jenvaskes said:

I've recently noticed that U18 staff is no longer showing in the Boardroom list.

And that when proposing a contract for a U18 position, the vacancy count (e.g. 11/11) shows the number of vacancies for Senior staff instead.

This is in England and you are managing Hereford?

I had not managed in England in quite a few game versions before I very recently began a new save there. I manage Kingstonian who, just like Hereford, do not have Under 23s team (the only reserve/youth team is the Under 18s). The same issue of no U18s Current/Advised staff shown on the Board screen, and Senior staff vacancies shown when offering U18s job is present in my save as well. Also, the board request for more U18s staff does not exist. When I appointed a new senior team Assistant Manager, the game asked if he should take over the U23s team, which is weird becouse as already mentioned, the club has no Under 23s team.

If one takes over a club with both U23s team and U18s team, the U23s/U18s staff Current/Advised info is on the Board screen.

Edited by duccio

Hey Guys - Can you upload a save game where the U18 staff isn't showing? I've tried to recreate it but they seem to be showing for me. Many thanks.  

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey Guys - Can you upload a save game where the U18 staff isn't showing? I've tried to recreate it but they seem to be showing for me. Many thanks. 

I uploaded save file NoU18sStaff.fm. I created the save to check if different teams had the issue, and there are managers at a more than 1 club. At Arsenal everything seems OK, but at Accrington, where the club only has the U18s team, the U18s staff does not appear on the Board screen list. Also, the B and C team staff do not appear on Athletic Bilbao Board screen - I don't know if those teams are meant to be separate enough from the main club so that the staff is not even supposed to be listed there .

Edited by duccio

Thanks @duccio for the save. I'm looking at the save you provided now, and I'm seeing the Under 18 staff listed for Accrington. So this might be something we've fixed already in our test build. I think the B Teams are treated separately. I'll keep testing though. Thanks for the save. 

On 28/01/2019 at 15:43, duccio said:

This is in England and you are managing Hereford?

I had not managed in England in quite a few game versions before I very recently began a new save there. I manage Kingstonian who, just like Hereford, do not have Under 23s team (the only reserve/youth team is the Under 18s). The same issue of no U18s Current/Advised staff shown on the Board screen, and Senior staff vacancies shown when offering U18s job is present in my save as well. Also, the board request for more U18s staff does not exist. When I appointed a new senior team Assistant Manager, the game asked if he should take over the U23s team, which is weird becouse as already mentioned, the club has no Under 23s team.

If one takes over a club with both U23s team and U18s team, the U23s/U18s staff Current/Advised info is on the Board screen.

I have managed to get Hereford to the Premier league now. The issue has been fixed as I now have a U23s team, and everything works as it should. It might just be the game doing something weird as it prepares the U23 launch in the background.

8 hours ago, jenvaskes said:

I have managed to get Hereford to the Premier league now. The issue has been fixed as I now have a U23s team, and everything works as it should. It might just be the game doing something weird as it prepares the U23 launch in the background.

Ok, hopefully the issue will disappear if I ever get the U23s team. And as can inferred from what Cristopher Lewis says above, the possible fix is save game compatible.