When it becomes a bit too easy...

Hi guys,

I'm currently at Christmas in the 25/26 season. I started my save off as manager of the mighty Dunfermline Athletic. I guided them to the SPFL Premier league, then went on to win 4 league titles, 2 scottish cups and 2 league cups before Man Utd came calling. Obviously this was too good to turn down. I got a massive war chest of £300 million to spend so was in my element.

However, first season I went on to win league, Europa league and FA cup. So far in my 2nd season, community shield and UEFA super cup. Currently top Xmas day 6 points clear and still winning.

So my question is, when does winning everything become boring? Do you start a new save or retire your manager and add a new one? I'm interested to hear your thoughts. (Btw, this is my save from the beta)

Normally save it say I’ll go back to it at a later date but never do and just start a new go. Never thought about adding a new manager and carrying it on. I might give that a go got a hadjuk split save around 27/28 that I stopped playing might try and revive it thanks for the idea. 

I just move club, take a new challenge in a new country.

But there are loads of targets you can have. Win the Champs League, retain it. Try and go a season unbeaten. Use 3 youth team graduates in every match. Dominate a country for 5-10 years. 

I think it's too easy just to say you've done everything because you have a few successful seasons! 

Dafuge Challenge is always a good one -  To take a small club who were previously unplayable in an unedited game from the Vanarama National League North/South to Premier League and Champions League glory.

Otherwise think there are Level 10/11 England Lower League Databases around, if you have the time and patience. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Try going to a really low league and manage a team with (very) limited resources.

I started a new save (still got old one) as an unemployed manager, no badges and Sunday league footballer. I went on holiday to november and started looking for jobs. I got the Alfreton Town job in Vanarama North who were 3rd bottom. Steered them to the playoffs and got promoted. 2nd season, was sitting 2nd in VNL when Exeter in League 2 came calling in the January. Took the job with them sitting in 18th, now in the playoff spot, only an amaing 4 points offf the top, there is still time...

These days you do have to take it all with a grain of salt however, as it appears save scumming and alike is fairly rampant. 

The amount of people reloading after getting 'FM'ed'.. yet if it is on the other foot, how many would honestly reload and let the AI win? or is it a case of fair tackle play on?

Unfortunately the FM creators out there make bottom to top in successive promotions the norm. In the effort behind of creating a fictional team, database, shirts, twitter, what would getting sacked in the first season or a few years of mid table mediocrity do for subscribers = $ :rolleyes:

On 01/02/2019 at 11:03, Brett_Hopkins said:

These days you do have to take it all with a grain of salt however, as it appears save scumming and alike is fairly rampant. 

The amount of people reloading after getting 'FM'ed'.. yet if it is on the other foot, how many would honestly reload and let the AI win? or is it a case of fair tackle play on?

Unfortunately the FM creators out there make bottom to top in successive promotions the norm. In the effort behind of creating a fictional team, database, shirts, twitter, what would getting sacked in the first season or a few years of mid table mediocrity do for subscribers = $ :rolleyes:

I *really* do not think the game has been designed for the extremely minute majority of users who stream their saves. It's designed for the average football fan, not to cater for majorities like YouTubers or the hardcore fans on here. 

9 hours ago, RWClarke said:

I *really* do not think the game has been designed for the extremely minute majority of users who stream their saves. It's designed for the average football fan, not to cater for majorities like YouTubers or the hardcore fans on here. 

Which is a pity, because it should be closer to a football simulation, and I hope SI never drift away from this concept, to cater for the casual gamer. FM has and will always be a hardcore football sim. 

Archived