Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
natyd

Stay or leave

Ok so ive just won la liga in my 2nd season as valencia boss i came 4th 1st season but i dont know wheather to stay or leave. I massivley overacheived winning the league and relied on the likes of lacazette mahrez and guenduzzi. All on loan, now they have returnd to there parent clubs, and with garay retiring im left with a small but talented squad, and only 10 million available in transfer funds, this is where my problem lies, do i sell 1 or 2 of my star players ie gueddes rodrigo and try to rebuild hoping the board are not too quick to sack me if things take a bad turn or do i leave while my stock is still high and wait for another big club job to come up. What would you guys do. 

Depends how you want your career to pan out. Personally, I'd stay and rebuild. Give it a few mores seasons, then see how you feel.

I think it will be a better challenge than winning the league the first time if you stay. If you can retain the league in the third season then I think you've done all you can. Also how about going for the Champions League as well? Isn't that the unfinished business?

Leave. Valencia aren't a club capable of consistently being at the top, and the board expectations would be too high. Being reliant on loanees doesn't help the situation either.

I am in 4th season playing Valencia from the start and I use Murillo and Paulista still... and Diakhaby as bench player, he is slower and with lower tackling and marking... I used Vezo as bench player, Jimenez, now I got Phil Jones on a free transfer and Luperto as bench players too, but Murillo and Paulista were 1st team players all the time, I will have to sell Paulista in next season he will be 32 I think I don't want him to stay till his stats decrease and value I always sell players at 32 y.o. making theym go "after the season"

I only lost Kondogbia because PSG wanted him from the start and he had low release clause and he didn't want to negotiate contract because of PSG...

I was playing like that:

Neto

Wass-Murillo-Paulista-Gaya

Soler-Parejo-Kondogbia-Guedes

Rodrigo-Mina/Bats and then Origi

I got Origi on free transfer after 1st season

The club had like 232mln euro debt I think till 2029 if I remember correctly so I am in 2022 and still paying that.

But with selling old players 32y.o. before their value decrease you can have money to buy young players

I sold Gameiro,Garay after 1st season I think.

When they took Kondogbia I use the money to get Gedson Fernandes later I sold Wass to Man City for ~~46,5 mln euro ( I play with Polish currency) Parejo to Shanggang almost same price ( not sure spelling is right - club from China) and bought Arthur from Barcelona, now in 4th season I bought Lafont from Chelsea he didn't play there for 23,2 mln euro

I took Meunier from free transfer

now I play like this

Neto ---> Lafont will be getting more chances I just bought him

Meunier-Murillo-Paulista-Gaya

Soler-Arthur-Fernandes-Guedes

Rodrigo-Origi

In first season I reach final of CL which I lose to Liverpool, was 2nd in the league after Barcelona

In 2nd I lost earlier with PSG in CL, won the league and Spanish Cup I think

In 3r Won CL, league, Spanish Cup, Super Cup

You have to rely on free transfers even if you see someone with high value but who will want low salary you can buy him as bench player and then sell to earn money :)  and I prefer to sell old players and keep younger :)

Edited by LukasZ_VCF