Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
davygibson89

Cold winters

I'm managing Accrington Stanley down in League One and I've realised over the winter I'm seeing a lot of players ruled out with cold or viruses. I like the realism here, winter time generally does bring with it harsh weather and therefore nasty  viruses and common cold. I also understand that the lower the team, the less advanced their facilities so perhaps it's more likely players will fall ill but...is there a way of combating this? I send the players home every time to avoid any spreading but I still must have lost about 10 players accumulatively over the Winter. Jason Puncheon picked up a cold on two separate occasions in January.

Any tips?

I think like in real life, cant legislate for illness i guess, just luck and lemsips (maybe one for the feature requests lol)

But if you do find a way of reducing people being ill and missing work over winter, please let me know as i work with a few people irl that drop like flies the minute its cold lol

I like how you've found a correlation between Accrington's training facilities and players falling ill :D I think this is probably just a freak incident, Accrington's facilities aren't *that* bad, I'd be really surprised if there's genuinely any causation there?

Think occurrence of illnesses is pretty random apart from I always seem to lose a key player with one just before my biggest match of the season! I have to say that simply because I still see the odd player getting flu during August.