Can a player become injury prone?

As the title says really, I know injury proneness is a hidden stat but can it increase over time?

I have a player who is now 21, he broke into the team as a 17 year old and played consistently over the first 2 seasons, he then started picking up injuries in his 3rd and 4th seasons and now I can barely get him fit, never mind have a run of games with him! It's a shame because his stats are fantastic!

His injury report does say he is "could have a real problem with injuries" but I never recall seeing that on his report when he broke through aged 17. Maybe I was blinded by the start he made! 

I've definitely had a player lose that "could have a real problem with injuries" thing before - Phil Jones on FM18, missed 2 days in 3 years and it disappeared, so I could imagine it not appearing initially.

I would imagine the hidden attribute itself is set, but it showing up on the scout / coach report depends on if they actually have many injuries? 

There's an obvious element of luck about it, but injuries can have a severity attached and a likelihood to recur. 

Ligaments injuries can be the bane of a player, on FM18 I had a striker who had hit in around 500 goals by age 26 then he got an innocuous knee ligament injury and he never managed another full season for me. At 34 he had finished around 700 or so goals for my club, still a tremendous haul but what potentially could have been his peak years were blighted by injury.

4 minutes ago, santy001 said:

There's an obvious element of luck about it, but injuries can have a severity attached and a likelihood to recur. 

Ligaments injuries can be the bane of a player, on FM18 I had a striker who had hit in around 500 goals by age 26 then he got an innocuous knee ligament injury and he never managed another full season for me. At 34 he had finished around 700 or so goals for my club, still a tremendous haul but what potentially could have been his peak years were blighted by injury.

The worry I have with this guy is he was stunning in his first few seasons now he isn't quite the same. Just worried he will never reach the peak and he will cost me a lot of money in wages not hitting the heights he could!

Archived