Scoreboard selector for fm2019

Jovovich

On 03/07/2019 at 20:31, SpiderJu said:

i try my first time to create my own Scoreboard.

What do you think about it?

kmhrnk4o.png

Hi! Could you please be so kind to explain me how do you add the sky logo? Thanks in advance!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, just installed this mod for FM 2020 and it works fine for the most part, however the fonts don't seem to work properly. (some of the text also has discolouration that makes it impossible to see) Anyone know how to fix this problem?

(I am using Wannachup Instant Result FM20 Skin btw)

Additional info: I have the FM20 Authentic Competition Colour Fix mod installed (dunno if that has anything to do with this but just leaving it there)

The unpaused timer font colour is the default yellow

Edit: I just saw a31632's comment on how to fix this issue, going to try it out

image.png.1722c5e4322634ea1f9e76818c4ca5fb.png

Edited by OofFoo
Saw a31632's comment

1 hour ago, Onyewu said:

I see where the Dog Skin 1.9 was able to make a different scoreboard......with a slight to change to the background team color...not sure what they did yet.

DOG SKIN SCOREBOARD 1.9.png

This year, rather than T1Co affecting red images, it affects blue. All existing team colours work fine, just need to be made blue

On 02/12/2020 at 20:14, bluestillidie00 said:

This year, rather than T1Co affecting red images, it affects blue. All existing team colours work fine, just need to be made blue

Hi BluestilIdie00 - I did change the paper.xml from re to blue.......then went into the "match score area panel" and changed the 2 lines for T1Co & T2Co red replacement to primary which did change the background to the team primary color. ( <container class="main_box_no_margin" red_replacement="primary" appearance="boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/home team/paper"id="T1Co">

Then I  changed the 2 lines T1nm & T2nm to to secondary .{<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" font="title" size="30" alignment="left,centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="secondary"/> ).......this changed the team names to the secondary color of the competition and not the team....in the case below....the secondary color of the Premier League is teal green.  Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks

secondary text not working - uses comp color.png

1 hour ago, Onyewu said:

Hi BluestilIdie00 - I did change the paper.xml from re to blue.......then went into the "match score area panel" and changed the 2 lines for T1Co & T2Co red replacement to primary which did change the background to the team primary color. ( <container class="main_box_no_margin" red_replacement="primary" appearance="boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/home team/paper"id="T1Co">

Then I  changed the 2 lines T1nm & T2nm to to secondary .{<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" font="title" size="30" alignment="left,centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="secondary"/> ).......this changed the team names to the secondary color of the competition and not the team....in the case below....the secondary color of the Premier League is teal green.  Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks

secondary text not working - uses comp color.png

match title bar.xml, the top line will say

“<panel colour_team_names=“false”””

or something to that effect, change it to say true 

On 04/12/2020 at 12:30, bluestillidie00 said:

match title bar.xml, the top line will say

“<panel colour_team_names=“false”””

or something to that effect, change it to say true 

Thanks!!! ....I don't think I saw that.....or did I try it, maybe not....I'll try it out again later....will let you know how it goes......much appreciated!

UPDATE: That worked....thanks again !!

Next trick....yo get the team full name on the scoreboard.....attempting to use another skins code , but it would not keep the text color we just corrected......so back to 6-letter for now.

Edited by Onyewu
update

BluestilIidie or michaeltmurrayuk -  I see some of the master skinners around are having difficulty figuring out the scoreboard colour scheme.......the best we've seen is the team long name, with the team primary colour as the background......then the text can either be black, white or the secondary colour of the competition. As mentioned before....if you use the 6-letter name of the team, the secondary colour for the text does work .....just not with the full team name. 

The little things that you keep you up at night :-)

Would you have any wisdom to share in resolving this?

Thanks !!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone found a fix for the "score" in FA Cup scoreboard? Coding looks fine, like the others but for some reason it isn't assigned well :( 

I've replaced the FA Cup scoreboard but still has the score colour issue as per below ;1466013750_St.GeorgesvValletta_Pitch.thumb.png.c65fbfd1be6f9546088a18874f177bf7.png1898804707_St.GeorgesvBirkirkara_Pitch-3.thumb.png.f584fee3896885f71e4ac411868a7aad.png

Edited by DamienQilBormliz

3 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Anyone found a fix for the "score" in FA Cup scoreboard? Coding looks fine, like the others but for some reason it isn't assigned well :( 

I've replaced the FA Cup scoreboard but still has the score colour issue as per below ;1466013750_St.GeorgesvValletta_Pitch.thumb.png.c65fbfd1be6f9546088a18874f177bf7.png1898804707_St.GeorgesvBirkirkara_Pitch-3.thumb.png.f584fee3896885f71e4ac411868a7aad.png

I didn’t find any solution for this. If you copy the code from only of the scoreboards in the slot that “FA Cup” scoreboards is using it also isn’t showing properly. So to your point, the coding is correct, but something is “off”.

In FM 20 it also wasn’t working in the FA cup slot, only FM 19 for which this mod was intended works good.

By the way, what happened with your “quick tactics” section in the top right, did you delete the code?

1629F0E5-7991-42C6-B3AC-33CAC42D2816.png.fb052d482d7b1da6c5a657719ae96606.png

18 hours ago, a31632 said:

I didn’t find any solution for this. If you copy the code from only of the scoreboards in the slot that “FA Cup” scoreboards is using it also isn’t showing properly. So to your point, the coding is correct, but something is “off”.

In FM 20 it also wasn’t working in the FA cup slot, only FM 19 for which this mod was intended works good.

By the way, what happened with your “quick tactics” section in the top right, did you delete the code?

1629F0E5-7991-42C6-B3AC-33CAC42D2816.png.fb052d482d7b1da6c5a657719ae96606.png

No no mate that's because in the screenshot I took I was re-playing highlights from a finished game.

Here's one properly :D

Sirens v St. George's_ Pitch-2.png

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, kad38 said:

hi everyone I have the TCS skin from @bluestillidie00 and downloading this mod the result is not good you know why ? and how also to put the tv logos to make FM more realistic and more beautiful ? @a31632

Capture d’écran (50).png

If you scroll up you can see that both your questions on "why" this isn't working properly in FM2021 and with regards to "how to get the logo working" in the top right have been answered in this thread already.

Here is the link to the logo in the full match screen:

Tv logo on 3D match screen - Skinning Hideout - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

The scoreboard selector files were made by Jovovich and were only intended to be working with the base skin, as he clearly stated in the OP. To get it working in a custom skin means you will need to code it yourself, or ask the creator of the skin for help.

Il y a 4 heures, a31632 a dit :

If you scroll up you can see that both your questions on "why" this isn't working properly in FM2021 and with regards to "how to get the logo working" in the top right have been answered in this thread already.

Here is the link to the logo in the full match screen:

Tv logo on 3D match screen - Skinning Hideout - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

The scoreboard selector files were made by Jovovich and were only intended to be working with the base skin, as he clearly stated in the OP. To get it working in a custom skin means you will need to code it yourself, or ask the creator of the skin for help.

OK thank you very much for your answer my friend I know absolutely nothing about coding this mod is not for me :seagull:

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, timo1os said:

hey there, did anybody found a fix for fm22? I attempted so much yet didn't find any results on how to fix it

Yes works in FM2022 and FM2023 but coding in the game has changed so lots of tweaking is needed and as before it depends on the skin used.

In my own skin with additional (edited) panels I got it to work.

But it’s important to only copy the “graphics” folder, “fonts” folder and the “panels/scoreboard_selector folders/files” into the skin.
Do not copy any other files or panels (generic/header, match/match titlebar or global panels) to your skin. You will need adjusted panels in your skin for these files and all depends on how your skin and match screens look.
As coding has changed since FM2019/FM 2020 copying all files over will create major issues with match/title bars as you probably already have noticed. 

As mentioned numerous times in this thread the maker has created this download for a 2019 version of the game and for the base skin only.

So getting it to show in a custom skin is not straightforward.

Edited by a31632
Added additional info

On 20/01/2023 at 04:14, a31632 said:

Yes works in FM2022 and FM2023 but coding in the game has changed so lots of tweaking is needed and as before it depends on the skin used.

But it’s important to only copy the “graphics” folder, “fonts” folder and the “panels/scoreboard_selector folders/files” into the skin.
Do not copy any other files or panels (generic/header, match/match titlebar or global panels) to your skin. You will need adjusted panels in your skin for these files and all depends on how your skin and match screens look.
As coding has changed since FM2019/FM 2020 copying all files over will create major issues with match/title bars as you probably already have noticed. 

As mentioned numerous times in this thread the maker has created this download for a 2019 version of the game and for the base skin only.

Tried to edit some files, failed to make the scoreboard actually change, it stays same.

May you will me help me? It's ok if you dont want to. I really dont have any problems with that since you worked to make it actually work.

Thanks for replying!

Edited by timo1os

14 minutes ago, timo1os said:

Tried to edit some files, failed to make the scoreboard actually change, it stays same.

May you will me help me? It's ok if you dont want to. I really dont have any problems with that since you worked to make it actually work.

Thanks for replying!

Which skin are you using? You may have not installed all files properly as there should be a button to select which scoreboard you want to use?  I have it all working but there are lots of skins where it’s not. All depends on how the skin maker edited their files

29 minutes ago, a31632 said:

Which skin are you using? You may have not installed all files properly as there should be a button to select which scoreboard you want to use?  I have it all working but there are lots of skins where it’s not. All depends on how the skin maker edited their files

Im currently using heavily mixed skin between zeeland and tato skin.

2 hours ago, timo1os said:

Im currently using heavily mixed skin between zeeland and tato skin.

The main question in that case is which match screens you are using as that would be the most relevant in this case. Let me know and I will have a quick look at it. Alternatively you can send me your skin in a PM and I will edit the panels

3 hours ago, timo1os said:

This is a skin for FM2022, I don't have that installed anymore. I see that in "global panels" there is no code for the scoreboard selector. Likely that is causing the problems. make sure the below code is added to that xml file:

<!-- scoreboard selector -->
  <container id="sbs1" file="scoreboard_selector/workings" hidn="true"/>

Also, in the match titlebar.xml file it should point to: file="scoreboard_selector/match scoreboard selector", not: "match score area panel" (which is the standard panel for the scoreboard code).

Those are the things I noticed when looking through the skin that very likely cause it to not show, or not show properly.

As I mentioned it is working with my skin and as @DamienQilBormliz explained (who is using my skin for years now) it continues to work with the correct coding. Since 2020 the game coding for the match screens and match titlebar etc. changed so the original files are no longer working without making adjustments and edits.

5 hours ago, a31632 said:

This is a skin for FM2022, I don't have that installed anymore. I see that in "global panels" there is no code for the scoreboard selector. Likely that is causing the problems. make sure the below code is added to that xml file:

Ive cleared all code related with scoreboard since I would sometimes break the game entirely but ive left the textures and folders

5 hours ago, a31632 said:

<!-- scoreboard selector -->
  <container id="sbs1" file="scoreboard_selector/workings" hidn="true"/>

Also, in the match titlebar.xml file it should point to: file="scoreboard_selector/match scoreboard selector", not: "match score area panel" (which is the standard panel for the scoreboard code).

I've done these, scoreboard is gone entirely, and the selection for the competition does pop up, but when I click on the competition(ex: champions league) it acts as a button but it doesn't change anything

41 minutes ago, timo1os said:

Ive cleared all code related with scoreboard since I would sometimes break the game entirely but ive left the textures and folders

I've done these, scoreboard is gone entirely, and the selection for the competition does pop up, but when I click on the competition(ex: champions league) it acts as a button but it doesn't change anything

I’m afraid it’s not going to work in that case. The scoreboard selector was designed to work in a 2019 version of the game with the base skin.

At that time people were already struggling to get it to work properly in skins so at least you are not alone.

I spend quite a lot of time initially to get it to work in my skin and surprisingly with some editing with FM 2021 and later versions it still works with me.

Best thing to do would be to connect to the skin maker of your skin and see if they are willing and able to fix this and spend time on it.

The main issue is that every skin has different coding in it, so what works in one skin isn’t necessarily working on another skin. So unfortunately no easy solution.

Edited by a31632

17 hours ago, a31632 said:

I’m afraid it’s not going to work in that case. The scoreboard selector was designed to work in a 2019 version of the game with the base skin.

At that time people were already struggling to get it to work properly in skins so at least you are not alone.

I spend quite a lot of time initially to get it to work in my skin and surprisingly with some editing with FM 2021 and later versions it still works with me.

Best thing to do would be to connect to the skin maker of your skin and see if they are willing and able to fix this and spend time on it.

The main issue is that every skin has different coding in it, so what works in one skin isn’t necessarily working on another skin. So unfortunately no easy solution.

Alright thank you for helping, Ill attempt to fix it by myself hopefully ill fix it.

Edit: I've attempted so much, yet failed I'm not soo good at modding but I've tried my best, unfortunately the code is too old and most of it is outdated.

Maybe somebody in future will update it fully and post the code

Edit #2: Ive tried to hardcode one of the scoreboards like the epl and ucl but they look to bad due to its outdated

Edited by timo1os

• 4 weeks later...

It seems the scoreboard selector can be repurposed for fm23 (from the above and given my old coding is having some effect although it's not fully working)... but just how compatible is this with the automatic scoreboard changes? It's probably the only part of the standard UI which I quite like, albeit limited to a few divisions. I'm committed to having to add at least one proper match titlebar given my skin's theme but this would be good to know in advance before I go ahead and start creating 8/9/10 different titlebars/scoreboards.. cheers. 

Edited by Loda

20 hours ago, Loda said:

It seems the scoreboard selector can be repurposed for fm23 (from the above and given my old coding is having some effect although it's not fully working)... but just how compatible is this with the automatic scoreboard changes? It's probably the only part of the standard UI which I quite like, albeit limited to a few divisions. I'm committed to having to add at least one proper match titlebar given my skin's theme but this would be good to know in advance before I go ahead and start creating 8/9/10 different titlebars/scoreboards.. cheers. 

When you have the scoreboard selector installed it will override all other (licensed) scoreboards. @DamienQilBormliz has been experimenting with this and it turns out that the coding that is needed to get the scoreboard selector working prevents the licensed scoreboards to “kick in”.

Only “solution” would be to implement the licensed scoreboards in the scoreboard selector installation so you can manually select these, as you mentioned, the only other solution is to utilize multiple match titlebar files and switch between them.

I prefer to just use the scoreboard selector as the scoreboards can be added/edited easily and personally I’m not a big fan of the licensed scoreboards.

Ok cheers @DamienQilBormliz and @a31632 it's kinda what I suspect. I've had a look at the coding and I think there's one thing worth trying (which I highly doubt many if any have tried), not 100% sure I'm right but if it works I'll do an explanation to help others (it won't be a quick and easy fix though). 

Progress is slow at the moment, having a nightmare with fonts on the match titlebar crashing everything.. on the whole fonts always used to be/have been on regular screens easy enough but it's not liking anything 'digital'... hopefully I'll be in a position to start looking into this more soon though. 

Edited by Loda

16 minutes ago, Loda said:

Ok cheers @DamienQilBormliz and @a31632 it's kinda what I suspect. I've had a look at the coding and I think there's one thing worth trying (which I highly doubt many if any have tried), not 100% sure I'm right but if it works I'll do an explanation to help others (it won't be a quick and easy fix though). 

Progress is slow at the moment, having a nightmare with fonts on the match titlebar crashing everything.. on the whole fonts always used to be/have been on regular screens easy enough but it's not liking anything 'digital'... hopefully I'll be in a position to start looking into this more soon though. 

overall it seems to be working, there is ofc things to adjust and small fixes needed like text colour etc.

But the scoreboard selector as is worked fine with the base skin..

i just copy'd the files from the OP over and it worked

Edited by snowofman

7 minutes ago, snowofman said:

overall it seems to be working, there is ofc things to adjust and small fixes needed like text colour etc.

But the scoreboard selector as is worked fine with the base skin..

i just copy'd the files from the OP over and it worked

Like I say in my original post, it's more a question of if it's compatible with the automatic scoreboard, divisional changes from the original UI (as for once that's something I quite like that came in the box). 

My personal coding and personalised titlebars, which is admittedly 3/4 years old, is having some effect so I had reasonable confidence this could be repurposed. 

Just now, Loda said:

Like I say in my original post, it's more a question of if it's compatible with the automatic scoreboard, divisional changes from the original UI (as for once that's something I quite like that came in the box). 

My personal coding and personalised titlebars, which is admittedly 3/4 years old, is having some effect so I had reasonable confidence this could be repurposed. 

yeah, there will always be something :)

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, help me, I can't remove the icons, I want only the names of the teams in the scoreboard. And I don’t like that the name of the commands is complete, I want it to be three letters. I play fm23 thank you

В 20.01.2023 в 04:14, a31632 сказал:

How did you set up the scoreboard on your native skin? Can you help plese?

1 hour ago, Denyys said:

How did you set up the scoreboard on your native skin? Can you help plese?

Hi,

depending on the panels in your own custom skin you will need to edit several files but as every skin has different coding in it, what works in one skin is not working in other skins.

I provide support to users of my own skin with getting the scoreboard selector to work but the files themselves are NOT included in my skin as the maker didn’t allow use of it in “donation skins” and I fully respect that.

2 часа назад, a31632 сказал:

Hi,

depending on the panels in your own custom skin you will need to edit several files but as every skin has different coding in it, what works in one skin is not working in other skins.

I provide support to users of my own skin with getting the scoreboard selector to work but the files themselves are NOT included in my skin as the maker didn’t allow use of it in “donation skins” and I fully respect that.

I installed the skin, everything worked, but I can’t change the color text clock and I would like indenting is it possible to do? thank you

Снимок экрана 2023-03-19 210143.png

Edited by Denyys