Newbie creating a tournament for national teams, help

JockeTheRunner

Hello!

I'm trying to create a international tournament similar to what once was the Nordic Football Championship https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Football_Championship.
Though, instead of it being a 4-year-long league tournament, i'd like a more traditional cup, a group stage with two groups consisting of three teams, the toptwo from each group qualify to the semi-finals, and then a third-place playoff and a final at the end, but with only the nordic countries including finland, iceland and the faroe islands. No qualification, as the teams have permanent places in the tournament.

So i jumped into the pre-game editor and slapped together something with the basic rules. I could test the competition in the editor successfully, but once i loaded it into a game, and holiday'd until the set starting date for the first games, the 1st of September, nothing happened. The tournament didn't even seem to exist in the game when i tried searching for it...

I'll admit that this is my first time trying to create my own tournament using the pre-game editor. It seemed simple enough, and the "test competition" seemed ti indicate it worked just as intended, but still i can't seem to actually put it into the game...

If someone more knowledgable and wiser could please tell me what i've done/am doing wrong, i'd be eternally gratefull!!

Nordic Football Championship.fmf

Archived