Sports Interactive Community

Hi!

I’m trying to use the pre-game editor to give my lower-division team in sweden a B- and C-team, besides the U21 and U19 team it already has.

i noticed a problem when i started the game that one of my youth teams instead got assigned to be the C-team, but maintains their youth league-place rather than the regular league place i assigned for the C-team.

Is there an unspecified limit to the amount of reserve/youth teams a team can have? In the pre-game editor, it looked like it would accept my team having those 4 other teams... is there a way to work around this otherwise, so i can play with all those backup teams too?

You can only add two unique sub-teams to the first team from the Reserve Teams section on the club menu. However, what you can do is create a new team, call it "JockeTheRunner FC B" and then in the Current Affiliations section on the club menu, link it to "JockeTheRunner FC" as a B team and then tick the boxes for same board, players move freely, uses all facilities etc. You can then just use the Reserve Team section to set U19/21 teams only. If you don't set any kits for the new B/C/2/3 team then it should default to the first team's kit. This is how the editor does the German II teams:

FM.thumb.png.f8c202caf2233d811b75f0fe41b7553b.png

Edited by Cyclizine

On 12/01/2019 at 17:28, Cyclizine said:

You can only add two unique sub-teams to the first team from the Reserve Teams section on the club menu. However, what you can do is create a new team, call it "JockeTheRunner FC B" and then in the Current Affiliations section on the club menu, link it to "JockeTheRunner FC" as a B team and then tick the boxes for same board, players move freely, uses all facilities etc. You can then just use the Reserve Team section to set U19/21 teams only. If you don't set any kits for the new B/C/2/3 team then it should default to the first team's kit. This is how the editor does the German II teams:

FM.thumb.png.f8c202caf2233d811b75f0fe41b7553b.png

Yes, I know about the approach with separate sub-teams, thank you!

Though I personally feel that I lose some/a lot of control over that team, and I would love to be able to have all these teams under my main team, the same way that youth teams work today.

I've previously been able to have a B, C and U19 team without problems, where the C team was the U21 team that I placed in a regular lower division. The problem I encountered there, was that when my main team got promoted to the Elite division (the second highest), my U21 team suddenly got added to the Swedish U21 Elite division, and there was no way for me to prevent this. So with your suggestion, I suppose I could take a different path, and create a B/C, U21 and U19 team, and then a separate B/C team in the method you described.

I know that there are several Swedish teams that operate with the method you mentioned above, but I was really hoping to get around it somehow :-) If you knew of some way to edit the code to make this possible? I just really want to have full control of all the reserve and youth teams!

8 hours ago, JockeTheRunner said:

The problem I encountered there, was that when my main team got promoted to the Elite division (the second highest), my U21 team suddenly got added to the Swedish U21 Elite division, and there was no way for me to prevent this.

This is in the nation rules and you could change the league to allow less than 16 teams. My oppisition to all of this is that lower league teams more often use a 2-team instead of u21. it just is waste to have all these U21 teams when lower leagues are active.. In practice it often is u21 or younger but some flexibility is allowe. 

I think changing the rule must be done in advanced rules.

Edited by Fredrik

There used to be a way that you didnt have to do the youth teams as affiliates but you could add them to your team and then they would play against other U18 teams how do we go about adding them?

You can still do that. Check the Reseve Teams tab for the club. 

Do note that youth teams are created automatically for each nation. When you create reserve and youth rules for the nation rules you set which reserve and youth teams to create. 

Because i know teams in say england per say they have U18 quad but does not have a season but every off-season it asks if you want to take part in a season how do we set this up? like if I hadd the reserve or U18 to each team in the CPL would that team automatically get invited to a season like england does or no? sorry if i am confusing people

Can’t seem to figure it out or find out how to do it checked the forums I’ll have to try youtube