How to Import Logos, Kits and Face packs into Football Manager 2019 Touch (iOS)

Copied over from the post I made on reddit. 

First and foremost, this is not my work but more a summary and compilation of the steps involved. Most of the steps I took was taken from [here] (https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/38013/how-to-add-kit-logo-and-face-packs-to-fm2018-touch-on-ios-on-ipad?page=3)

For the logos and such, you can get it from FMscout.com or FMMvibe.com.

First things first though, get this [skin] (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytg68z675wv55rn/fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1.zip). You probably can use other skins but I haven't tried it yet.

Step 1 - Delete and Reinstall your Football Manager Touch on your iOS. You will need a fresh installation for this to work optimally. So save your games and formation to the cloud via cross-sync or export out your saves if possible.

Step 2 - Run your FMT19 game on your ipad and then close it completely (swipe it off) once it has loaded to the Main Menu screen. This steps ensures that the folders are generated for the game in your iPad.

Step 3 - On your laptop or PC, create a graphics folder and a skins folder. Export out your downloaded logos, kits, faces to the graphics folder and the skins to the skins folder

Step 4 - Plug your iPad into your laptop/PC and run iTunes. Go to your iPad device and click on File-sharing. Highlight Football Manager Touch. You should see a bunch of folders on the right hand side of iTunes.

Step 5 - On your laptop/PC, drag and drop the graphics and skins folder into iTunes (where the bunch of folders were). Do not use the Add File option as that would not allow for mass importing of the various graphics and skins. (Note: the importing process will take some time. Also, ensure you have enough space in your iPad for whatever it is you are importing). Once all is done, unplug your iPad from your laptop/PC.

Step 6 - Run FMT19 on your iPad. Go to Preferences, Overview tab, Interface. You should see the Skin and there will be 10skins: 5 dark and 5 retro from the list. Choose any new skin and make sure the Author does NOT say "Sports Interactive" (it should be Reload Dark - 1 or some other number). Confirm. The game should ask you to restart FMT19 on your iPad then.

Step 7 - Run FMT19 once again, the game will likely take a little while to load. This is due to the game reading the new graphics that you have imported in. The more you import, the longer the initial load time. Need not worry though as this is only for the first load. Subsequently it should load normally.

Step 8 - Re-download your saved games and enjoy.

I hope the steps I listed is clear enough. I decided to compile these with instructions as clearly as possible because I did get confused by the steps listed from looking around. I had failed my first attempt but managed to get it working properly by my second attempt on my iPad Mini. I started out with just the logos only though. Will try with face packs and more in the future.

PS: Please feel free to correct me if there is any mistake that I may have made in the steps listed.

Update: Have tried with Face packs and Kits. They both work as well. 

Edited by Euzio

On 11/01/2019 at 19:46, daherlihy said:

Can you provide a screenshot to the skin? As far as I was aware, downloaded skins didn't work in FMT

The skins I used in the link aren't exactly any different from the base version. From what it looks like to me, the skin is there simply to help the game load the graphics since the Interface on the FMT version doesn't give you the option to clear cache and reload graphics. 

I've not tried any other actual skins so I'm not sure if it can work on FMT. 

4 hours ago, Euzio said:

The skins I used in the link aren't exactly any different from the base version. From what it looks like to me, the skin is there simply to help the game load the graphics since the Interface on the FMT version doesn't give you the option to clear cache and reload graphics. 

I've not tried any other actual skins so I'm not sure if it can work on FMT. 

On Android, the cache can be cleared via a file manager.

Not sure sure about IOS so perhaps that is why this skin exists, i.e. the option is available to clear the cache via settings? Would be nice to have verified

On 14/01/2019 at 16:36, daherlihy said:

On Android, the cache can be cleared via a file manager.

Not sure sure about IOS so perhaps that is why this skin exists, i.e. the option is available to clear the cache via settings? Would be nice to have verified

Nope. iOS versions do not have the option to clear the cache. So the skin exists to act as something like a conduit to enable the other files to be loaded. 

• 1 month later...

Got it working eventually. Cheers for this :) 

Just to elaborate on your instructions:-

The skins file you download has two separate files in it:

- _MACOSX

- fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1

I tried importing the entire folder which contained both of these files and it didn’t work so I tried again by only importing the fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 file and it worked! 

Makes the game complete now, thanks for the help :) 

50 minutes ago, NickThomas said:

Got it working eventually. Cheers for this :) 

Just to elaborate on your instructions:-

The skins file you download has two separate files in it:

- _MACOSX

- fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1

I tried importing the entire folder which contained both of these files and it didn’t work so I tried again by only importing the fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 file and it worked! 

Makes the game complete now, thanks for the help :) 

Hey, Nick. Did you create sub folders for faces, logos and kits in the "graphics" folder or did you just chuck all of the graphics in it and leave it at that? And when it comes to the fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1, you just imported that whole folder? Like you didn't open it up and import the various skins only? 

Thanks, I'd appreciate the help. :) 

11 minutes ago, Moronical_Clown said:

Hey, Nick. Did you create sub folders for faces, logos and kits in the "graphics" folder or did you just chuck all of the graphics in it and leave it at that? And when it comes to the fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1, you just imported that whole folder? Like you didn't open it up and import the various skins only? 

Thanks, I'd appreciate the help. :) 

Hi,

So I created a folder called “Pictures” and within that folder I had three sub folders called “faces”, “logos” & “kits”

Then I created a new folder called “Skins” and within that I put the folder “fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1” 

Make sure you have a clean installation of the game, load it up once and close it completely after it reaches the main menu as the OP states.

Load up iTunes, and drag and drop the “skins” folder into FMT19 followed by the “Pictures” folder (this one will likely take a while, around 30 minutes or so)

After they’ve imported, load up FMT and go to settings. Press the skin drop down menu and you should have 10 new skins, 5 dark and 5 retro. Select one and confirm, then restart the game and all the graphics should be in place :) 

OP instructions were spot on but I had to play about with the skins folder before I could get it to work 

24 minutes ago, NickThomas said:

Hi,

So I created a folder called “Pictures” and within that folder I had three sub folders called “faces”, “logos” & “kits”

Then I created a new folder called “Skins” and within that I put the folder “fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1” 

Make sure you have a clean installation of the game, load it up once and close it completely after it reaches the main menu as the OP states.

Load up iTunes, and drag and drop the “skins” folder into FMT19 followed by the “Pictures” folder (this one will likely take a while, around 30 minutes or so)

After they’ve imported, load up FMT and go to settings. Press the skin drop down menu and you should have 10 new skins, 5 dark and 5 retro. Select one and confirm, then restart the game and all the graphics should be in place :) 

OP instructions were spot on but I had to play about with the skins folder before I could get it to work 

So it can be called "Pictures" instead of graphics? Okay. I know that once you load up the game a "Pictures" folder appears. I guess you replace it with your new one that you made with all your imported graphics. And I once tried having the fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1file in my "skins" folder, but it did not load. Opening that file (fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1) and importing it's contents to the "skins" folder seem to make them appear instead in-game. Weird. I hope that makes sense. xD 

Edited by Moronical_Clown

15 hours ago, Moronical_Clown said:

So it can be called "Pictures" instead of graphics? Okay. I know that once you load up the game a "Pictures" folder appears. I guess you replace it with your new one that you made with all your imported graphics. And I once tried having the fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1file in my "skins" folder, but it did not load. Opening that file (fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1) and importing it's contents to the "skins" folder seem to make them appear instead in-game. Weird. I hope that makes sense. xD 

I think it has to be called pictures in order to overwrite the pictures folder the game loads up by default. Naming it graphics wouldn’t overwrite it. That’s my take anyway :) Hope you get it working!

• 3 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 7:46, Euzio said:

Copiado desde el post que hice en reddit. 

En primer lugar, este no es mi trabajo, sino más bien un resumen y una compilación de los pasos involucrados. La mayoría de los pasos que tomé se tomaron de [aquí] ( https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/38013/how-to-add-kit-logo-and-face-packs-to-fm2018-touch-on -ios-on-ipad? page = 3 )

Para los logotipos y similares, puede obtenerlos en FMscout.com o FMMvibe.com .    

Lo primero es lo primero, sin embargo, obtenga este [skin] ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytg68z675wv55rn/fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1.zip ). Probablemente puedas usar otras máscaras, pero no lo he probado todavía.

Paso 1: elimina y vuelve a instalar tu Football Manager Touch en tu iOS. Necesitará una instalación nueva para que esto funcione de manera óptima. Así que guarde sus juegos y formación en la nube a través de la sincronización cruzada o exporte sus partidas guardadas si es posible.

Paso 2: Ejecuta tu juego FMT19 en tu ipad y luego ciérralo completamente (deslízalo) una vez que se haya cargado en la pantalla del Menú principal. Estos pasos aseguran que las carpetas se generen para el juego en tu iPad.

Paso 3: en su computadora portátil o PC, cree una carpeta de gráficos y una carpeta de máscaras. Exporte sus logotipos, kits, caras descargadas a la carpeta de gráficos y las máscaras a la carpeta de máscaras

Paso 4: conecte su iPad a su computadora portátil / PC y ejecute iTunes. Vaya a su dispositivo iPad y haga clic en Compartir archivos. Resalte Football Manager Touch. Debería ver un montón de carpetas en el lado derecho de iTunes.

Paso 5: en su computadora portátil / PC, arrastre y suelte la carpeta de gráficos y máscaras en iTunes (donde estaban las muchas carpetas). No use la opción Agregar archivo ya que no permitiría la importación masiva de varios gráficos y máscaras. (Nota: el proceso de importación tomará un tiempo. Además, asegúrese de tener suficiente espacio en su iPad para lo que sea que esté importando). Una vez hecho todo, desconecte su iPad de su computadora portátil / PC.

Paso 6 - Ejecuta FMT19 en tu iPad. Vaya a Preferencias, pestaña Resumen, Interfaz. Debería ver el skin y habrá 10 skins: 5 dark y 5 retro de la lista. Elija cualquier nueva máscara y asegúrese de que el autor NO diga "Deportes interactivos" (debe ser Recargar oscuro - 1 o algún otro número). Confirmar. El juego debería pedirle que reinicie FMT19 en su iPad en ese momento.

Paso 7 - Ejecuta FMT19 una vez más, es probable que el juego tarde un poco en cargarse. Esto se debe a que el juego lee los nuevos gráficos que has importado. Cuanto más importas, mayor será el tiempo de carga inicial. No es necesario que se preocupe, ya que esto es solo para la primera carga. Posteriormente debe cargarse normalmente.

Paso 8 - Vuelve a descargar tus juegos guardados y disfruta.

Espero que los pasos que he enumerado sean lo suficientemente claros. Decidí compilar esto con las instrucciones lo más claramente posible porque me confundí con los pasos enumerados al mirar alrededor. Había fallado mi primer intento pero logré que funcionara correctamente en mi segundo intento con mi iPad Mini. Aunque empecé con solo los logos. Lo intentará con los paquetes de cara y más en el futuro.

PD: Siéntase libre de corregirme si hay algún error que pueda haber cometido en los pasos enumerados.

Actualización: He probado con paquetes de cara y kits. Ambos trabajan igual de bien. 

Hello I have several problems, the first when I open on iTunes the fm2019 only 3 folders come out and then when I paste the folders of logos, faces and kits I do not get in the game or that data or even the skins that you mention here that I download but in the game in preferences I do not get the option of these skins, only the ones that come by default come out. Why can this be?

On 17/6/2019 at 14:22, Marco Borghesi said:

¿Has seguido todos los pasos? Los hice la semana pasada y puedo disfrutar de FM en iPad con kits de logotipos y caras recortadas como en una computadora portátil. 

Asegúrate de seguir todos los pasos

If I followed them, could you pass me the links of logos and faces that you have used?
Is it normal that when I open FMT19 in iTunes I get only three folders with 0kb of occupation each?

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2019 at 09:58, NickThomas said:

Hi,

For the life of me I can't get the skins to show up in game. iPad Pro & desktop PC. I believe I've done everything correctly. Can someone just confirm exactly what the path should be for the skins folder. I have tried various different ways and can't get it to work. And yes I have deleted & reinstalled game and swiped and file shared and then re-started the game.

I would think it should look like this:
Skins - fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 - the 10 skins (fmc dark tablet 1, etc etc)

But if you just extract to the skins folder you get:
Skins - fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 - fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 - skins - the 10 skins (fmc dark tablet 1, etc etc)

I have also tried:
Skins - the 10 skins (fmc dark tablet 1, etc etc).

I am also understanding that I should be deleting the entire _MACOSX folder as I have a PC and not a Mac.

Please someone tell me what I'm missing as I'd love to get these graphics in-game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2019 at 05:07, bbuullddoogg said:

For the life of me I can't get the skins to show up in game. iPad Pro & desktop PC. I believe I've done everything correctly. Can someone just confirm exactly what the path should be for the skins folder. I have tried various different ways and can't get it to work. And yes I have deleted & reinstalled game and swiped and file shared and then re-started the game.

I would think it should look like this:
Skins - fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 - the 10 skins (fmc dark tablet 1, etc etc)

But if you just extract to the skins folder you get:
Skins - fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 - fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1 - skins - the 10 skins (fmc dark tablet 1, etc etc)

I have also tried:
Skins - the 10 skins (fmc dark tablet 1, etc etc).

I am also understanding that I should be deleting the entire _MACOSX folder as I have a PC and not a Mac.

Please someone tell me what I'm missing as I'd love to get these graphics in-game.

Finally ,after hours I made it work on my iPad 2018 Pro. The only missing logo so far is the logo from Barça, but their kits and faces are showing.

I followed this guys instructions: 

Make sure you download and use his files. I downloaded his skin file, and it saved as (1) in my downloads. It seems like the download link from this topic is different, but is having the same name. The one from this topic didn’t work for me.

after you have downloaded the skin file, extract it in your downloads map. Open that map, and you will see a map named “skins” move that map that into iTunes. 

After this, I unplugged my iPad from the pc and started the game, to see if the skins were finally showing. And they did!

now, close FM, reconnect it with your computer, and extract the graphics file app in your downloads map. Open that map, and you will find a map named  “Graphics” change that name to “Pictures” and move it into iTunes and replace the folder that’s already in there. 

After this, it should work.  Let me know if it works for you.

Oh and yeah, I did al those steps you did too. I feel you. :seagull:

Edited by scotty10

2 hours ago, scotty10 said:

Finally ,after hours I made it work on my iPad 2018 Pro. The only missing logo so far is the logo from Barça, but their kits and faces are showing.

I followed this guys instructions: 

Make sure you download and use his files. I downloaded his skin file, and it saved as (1) in my downloads. It seems like the download link from this topic is different, but is having the same name. The one from this topic didn’t work for me.

after you have downloaded the skin file, extract it in your downloads map. Open that map, and you will see a map named “skins” move that map that into iTunes. 

After this, I unplugged my iPad from the pc and started the game, to see if the skins were finally showing. And they did!

now, close FM, reconnect it with your computer, and extract the graphics file app in your downloads map. Open that map, and you will find a map named  “Graphics” change that name to “Pictures” and move it into iTunes and replace the folder that’s already in there. 

After this, it should work.  Let me know if it works for you.

Oh and yeah, I did al those steps you did too. I feel you. :seagull:

Did you have a clean installation of the game? I found that I had to have a clean installation for the skins to show! I’ve heard different things from other users though 

On 20/07/2019 at 23:59, NickThomas said:

Did you have a clean installation of the game? I found that I had to have a clean installation for the skins to show! I’ve heard different things from other users though 

I did. I tried multiple things, with different map structures, and every time I reinstalled the game before adding the maps to iTunes.

I was about to give up though, so frustrating.

• 1 month later...
On 06/03/2019 at 08:22, sdspl19 said:

Does this work on Android Tablet, too? If yes, how? :)

You can edit the logos etc.. on android tablets, but the steps are not quite the same:

1. Hook your tablet up to your PC and follow the steps below...

2. For FMT 17/18 you'll need to create the sigfx\custom\kits folders within the data folder, and add your kits in there:

sdcard\Android\data\sportsinteractive.fm15\files\installed\data\sigfx\custom\kits

2a. Each time you added new graphics, you have to delete the contents of the cache folder, which you can find here:

sdcard\Android\data\sportsinteractive.fm15\files\application_support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\Caches

3. Create a 'custom' and then a 'logos' folder within that 'sigfx' folder in the directory above...and place your 'small' & 'normal' logo folders in the new 'logos' folder.

Note: you don't place them in the 'docs/FM18/graphics' directory, but in the 'android/data/sportsinteractive.fmt18' directory.

4. Loaded up a new Career and you should have all of the Prem club logos & kits.

You may find that you have to put the graphics in the documents/football manager touch 2019 folder.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ddarko said:

Bumping this thread because as you may know Apple has disabled file transfer in iTunes, did you guys found a new way to upload custom graphics to iPad?

I’m not aware there is a problem but you need the latest iOS update for it to work properly. Are you due to update your software? Try that and let us know. With the game dropping tomorrow, may be a real pain if it is not on there anymore.

For those who want to use this in FM Touch 2020 in iOS you have to do the following:

Download from this link skins: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytg68z675wv55rn/fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1.zip/file

Unzip folders. Your folders must be named "skins" and inside that folder you must have all the skins folders (i.e. "fmc dark tablet 1", "fm dark tablet 2", etc...)

Pick any skin folder you want. Double click on it. Open "skin_config" file. Go to the bottom line.  

When it says : "<string id="required_version" value="19.0.0" />" change the 19.0.0 for 20.1.4. Save the file.

Copy the skin folder to your iPad.

Then you will be able to change skin and reload all the graphics folder

Edited by maxisignorelli

On 24/11/2019 at 22:45, MrManagerMan said:

Sounds too hard to do for a simple man like me. If I send my iPad to one of you, along with a blank cheque, could you do this for me? 

It really is quite easy and I’m no computer geek. Perhaps see if someone has posted on YouTube ‘modding football manager 2020 for iOS.’

you use something like notepad that comes with most computers to open the config file. Just have to change the bottom line from 19.0.0 for 20.1.4

Then save the config file. 

Edited by Musestar

Anyone who has done this advise how long it took them after starting the game and loading the skin for the main menu to appear? I’ve added 6Gb of graphics and it’s currently at 6 hours and I’m still just seeing the loading screen wit the circle going round and round.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone got this working for 2021 yet? I haven't. I edited skin config to show version 21.1.2 and also tried 21.1.0 and not working. Was able to get it working for FM19 & FM20 so curious if anyone else got it working for FM21.

It would be nice as it really transforms the game.

Never mind - figured it out. It's easier than it used to be as you don't need to bother with skins any more - just reload cache.

Now have about 20 leagues loaded from 8 countries with all logos, kits & stadiums. Didn't bother with facepacks & trophies and other things but you can. Now to see what the speed's like...

21 hours ago, bbuullddoogg said:

Never mind - figured it out. It's easier than it used to be as you don't need to bother with skins any more - just reload cache.

Now have about 20 leagues loaded from 8 countries with all logos, kits & stadiums. Didn't bother with facepacks & trophies and other things but you can. Now to see what the speed's like...

Hey! How did you load 8 countries? I’ve looked everywhere but I can’t figure it out.

23 hours ago, antoinecote said:

Hey! How did you load 8 countries? I’ve looked everywhere but I can’t figure it out.

You’ll need to also have FM Touch for PC. Start a game on PC version with the leagues you want and save it. Find your save game and rename it from .fmt to .fmv. Copy that file into your games folder on your tablet using iTunes.

Let me know if questions.

2 hours ago, bbuullddoogg said:

You’ll need to also have FM Touch for PC. Start a game on PC version with the leagues you want and save it. Find your save game and rename it from .fmt to .fmv. Copy that file into your games folder on your tablet using iTunes.

Let me know if questions.

I don’t have the game on pc. Thanks anyway!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, grantie36 said:

FM21 touch on iPad recently had an update and now logos have gone back to normal, tried deleting them out and adding them again through iTunes but no luck. Have reloaded cash but again no joy....any suggestions?

You need to use a different skin. Custom graphics won’t work on default FMT skin anymore.

1 minute ago, TimEdwins7 said:

You need to use a different skin. Custom graphics won’t work on default FMT skin anymore.

Cheers mate! Any suggestions on a skin you know works? Is it the same process of file sharing on iTunes and dragging the new graphic folder over? 

2 minutes ago, grantie36 said:

Cheers mate! Any suggestions on a skin you know works? Is it the same process of file sharing on iTunes and dragging the new graphic folder over? 

Need to put the skin inside a folder called skins and then drag and drop that into FMT.

3 minutes ago, TimEdwins7 said:

Need to put the skin inside a folder called skins and then drag and drop that into FMT.

And im assuming it still goes graphics > skins > *place skin here*

or is the skins folder alongside the graphics folder rather than in it? 

Thanks again! 

On 22/12/2020 at 20:20, grantie36 said:

And im assuming it still goes graphics > skins > *place skin here*

or is the skins folder alongside the graphics folder rather than in it? 

Thanks again! 

No, the skins folder should be in the root of FMT. Alongside the graphics folder, NOT inside it. 

• 1 month later...
On 24/11/2019 at 19:49, maxisignorelli said:

For those who want to use this in FM Touch 2020 in iOS you have to do the following:

Download from this link skins: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytg68z675wv55rn/fmt19ios_patch4graphics_v0.1.zip/file

Unzip folders. Your folders must be named "skins" and inside that folder you must have all the skins folders (i.e. "fmc dark tablet 1", "fm dark tablet 2", etc...)

Pick any skin folder you want. Double click on it. Open "skin_config" file. Go to the bottom line.  

When it says : "<string id="required_version" value="19.0.0" />" change the 19.0.0 for 20.1.4. Save the file.

Copy the skin folder to your iPad.

Then you will be able to change skin and reload all the graphics folder

If you guys want to do it on the new version of 2021 here is the video! 

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone try to install logos after latest patch  (21.3) ? I'm trying the drag and drop method with iTunes but no luck. Also I noticed there is no skin folder in FM2021 file.

Also where could I get more streamlined version of logos (just main leagues like Spain, England, Portugal ) Whatever is the smallest file out there . 

• 4 months later...