Are Loan Demands Unrealistic?

I am newly promoted to Serie A and trying to bring in some young players on loan to play for me and I'm struggling because of how absurd the parent club demands are. Take for example the below. The player is a "hot prospect" who will see no game time at the club. He was loaned out to clubs smaller than mine the past two seasons. Why on Earth would they have such impossible demands for the monthly fee? It would effectively deter any team from bringing the player on and giving him playing time. That being said, he may end up at SPAL, another small club that surely can't afford this, so are they getting a better deal for some reason? The player is not unlisted for loan. I don't get it. 

image.png

36 minutes ago, Weston said:

The player is not unlisted for loan. I don't get it. 

He isn't listed for loan either. That means they may still have a use for him and are entitled to ask for the full wage compensation. If he really is surplus he will eventually get listed for loan and you'll be able to secure him on at least 50% wage (usually is 20% for domestic loans if you are in top division in my experience).

1 hour ago, Balahara said:

He isn't listed for loan either. That means they may still have a use for him and are entitled to ask for the full wage compensation. If he really is surplus he will eventually get listed for loan and you'll be able to secure him on at least 50% wage (usually is 20% for domestic loans if you are in top division in my experience).

I understand paying full wages, they're asking for huge monthly contributions as well, in a lot of cases it's even more.

1 hour ago, masno said:

If he is not listed for loan,than they will make high demands for him. Maybe they have plans for him playing in the cup,and you are in the same level as them, so is not business for them.

I am at a much, much lower level than the other club(s), and if they're willing to give him a chance in the first team then I would be getting the "we don't want to loan him because we want to give him a chance in the first team" message. So this just seems outrageous for no discernible reason.

There is no rivalry, I guess?

Maybe they just want him in and around the first team squad. I also do not loan particularly good youngsters to anyone, even if they are willing to pay. Sometimes getting them to be trained how I want, tutored how I want and playing 4-5 matches in a season is better than a full season on loan.

I have a squad full of loan players, when I was a lower league team they would send them to me free (0 contribution as well as fee), and now I'm in the top flight it's usually 50% wages to pay. With the new "cannot be terminated" clause, it's just free cover and they players seem exempt from complaining as they're only on loan. Even dafter, the player and club are usually willing to extend the loan for the next season, even if they never played.

It's basically an exploit how easy using loans is. 

I have found the point in the season to be critical in bringing them in, teams that refuse one month may be happy to send for free the next. 

I got plenty of loans to my team - Valencia for like 30-40 % salary and no other fee players like Shaqiri, Chamberlain... I keep them in bench so I could have sub. players if I need so I will not waste any of my youngsters :)

I took them for 2 years loan for that option...

8 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

There is no rivalry, I guess?

Maybe they just want him in and around the first team squad. I also do not loan particularly good youngsters to anyone, even if they are willing to pay. Sometimes getting them to be trained how I want, tutored how I want and playing 4-5 matches in a season is better than a full season on loan.

No, I don't think Inter are concerned with my Bari side. And despite being small I have some of the best coaching staff in the entire league - see below.

7 hours ago, Burnley92 said:

Inter may think he would develop better with their own, presumably better, coaching staff.

If I'm managing a top team, at times I won't allow a player out on loan until I think he has developed sufficiently with my own coaching team first.

See below image.

image.png

7 hours ago, hluraven said:

I have a squad full of loan players, when I was a lower league team they would send them to me free (0 contribution as well as fee), and now I'm in the top flight it's usually 50% wages to pay. With the new "cannot be terminated" clause, it's just free cover and they players seem exempt from complaining as they're only on loan. Even dafter, the player and club are usually willing to extend the loan for the next season, even if they never played.

It's basically an exploit how easy using loans is. 

I have found the point in the season to be critical in bringing them in, teams that refuse one month may be happy to send for free the next. 

I wish this were the case for me. I got some 0 contribution loans in lower leagues, especially from my affiliate club in Serie A, which seems realistic. One of them I'd had on board in D, C, and B, but in A he rejected me for a B club! Even then I couldn't win...

7 hours ago, hluraven said:

This. During the transfer window a lot of teams are still making moves for players, many of which won't happen. So they keep their hot prospects on hand in case they're needed. Come the last week of the window things are more settled and clubs will make a final decision on who's in the first team squad. Then they're usually happier for good players to go on loan. I don't know, but suspect, that this is why the loan window is a month longer than the transfer window (at least in England).

• 3 weeks later...

Add to this that now that my club is good and I have young players I want to loan out no one goes for them. I am offering players for 0 fees, they're so young they don't need to be registered and take 0 squad registration space, and they're all Serie A quality. What gives? Why aren't teams offering? The players themselves are interested in speaking to other clubs, and as a manager I would be all over free loans for players I don't need to register... 

6 hours ago, Weston said:

Add to this that now that my club is good and I have young players I want to loan out no one goes for them. I am offering players for 0 fees, they're so young they don't need to be registered and take 0 squad registration space, and they're all Serie A quality. What gives? Why aren't teams offering? The players themselves are interested in speaking to other clubs, and as a manager I would be all over free loans for players I don't need to register... 

Did u try the offer to option to all leagues that u have choosen ?

And you mean players like that are that good that could play in any serie A team? I have problems with loaning players who don't play much so their reputation is like from u-19

I'm the first to agree the FM transfer market isn't perfectly balanced (not sure such a thing is even possible) but you're looking at this the wrong way.

Inter have a player who is good enough to play in Serie A and therefore also good enough for someone to pay money to loan him (or to actually cover for Juventus' first team). Multiple top tier clubs are competing for his signature. So why shouldn't they ask for a loan fee? He's obviously a better player and higher in the pecking order than he was the previous couple of seasons. You get a player worth well in excess of EUR 5m plus wages and loyalty bonus for the season for EUR 1.5m plus wages: it's not exactly a bad deal if you can afford it and plenty of top tier teams can.

Similarly lower tier teams can usually loan players they've actually watched and shortlisted for free, they're probably not going to jump all over a fax offering them a player they don't know anything about (who might not be interested in playing at their level anyway). Especially not if FM does a half decent job of simulating the absurd number of youngsters loaned out by Juve etc IRL...

I wonder if there is something wrong with reputation of players decreasing really fast and of some young players too because AI don't see them...most of interested clubs even if player is playing like in my first team as rotation player get offers from the country of his nationality ... i think like world reputation is not working like it should be or something but it's hard to get evidence that it might be a bug

These are the three U22 (so they don't need to be registered) players I offered up for completely free loans to absolutely 0 interest. For context, the star ratings at the top are for my team that finished #4 in Serie A last season and then was improved upon. It's just annoying that I signed these youngsters with the intention of loaning them out and now they're just going to sit on my bench (and possibly made available for the reserves) for at least half a season. Just seems unrealistic... 

image.png

image.png

image.png

On 11/01/2019 at 04:22, Weston said:

I understand paying full wages, they're asking for huge monthly contributions as well, in a lot of cases it's even more.

Do you have a different screenshot then, because the screenshot you posted shows no monthly fees.

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Do you have a different screenshot then, because the screenshot you posted shows no monthly fees.

That was an earlier issue which people have explained away to a degree. Now my club is bigger and better and I'm concerned by difficulties in offering up my players to other teams. I'm trying to loan them out for 0 monthly payment and 0 wage contribution, there's no point in really showing the screenshot of that offer screen, everything is just set to 0 for all three players.

Well I loan few players when I played in Serie C and Serie B for free, without payments and wages 0%

As I can see there are a lot of factors, even relationship between you and manager of head team. 

Also if some club want to loan my best young players, I always asking to 100% salary pay. It's like an indicator that this club is serious and you I can send my boy there

Archived