What to do when morale drops

So I lost a few games in a row, morale dropped like a stone through the entire squad and I went on a horrible losing streak. 

How to boost morale when this happens? Luckily I won promotion anyway, simply because I was so far ahead when the rut started. But I fear for next season! 

19 hours ago, Footix said:

So I lost a few games in a row, morale dropped like a stone through the entire squad and I went on a horrible losing streak. 

How to boost morale when this happens? Luckily I won promotion anyway, simply because I was so far ahead when the rut started. But I fear for next season! 

Praising players seems to be the only way to boost morale. Even though your team is losing, are any of your players playing well i.e. getting 7/10+

Yeah, occasionally a player or two hit the 7 mark. Feels kind of wrong to praise someone for putting in a nothing more than a decent performance in a 1-3 loss, but if that's the only way.. 

The new season has started brilliantly though, and everyone is on very good or superb. May it last! 

• SI Staff

Morale is most important for specific types of player - youngsters and particularly more temperamental/unprofessional players are more affected by it than a senior player who has a professional temperament.

If you're struggling with a team with poor morale consider bringing in a few leaders (ie. high leadership) who have stable personalities to help keep things positive ...

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Morale is most important for specific types of player - youngsters and particularly more temperamental/unprofessional players are more affected by it than a senior player who has a professional temperament.

If you're struggling with a team with poor morale consider bringing in a few leaders (ie. high leadership) who have stable personalities to help keep things positive ...

I don't think morale is working as intended.

I am managing a team that is winning everything. yet my team is full of low morale players. It doesn't seem to properly account for squad morale.

14 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thank you for valuable input, Marc! 

• SI Staff
On 14/01/2019 at 13:12, JimJobs2 said:

I don't think morale is working as intended.

I am managing a team that is winning everything. yet my team is full of low morale players. It doesn't seem to properly account for squad morale.

I will keep an eye on it and tune some more - can you confirm which game version you're using please? (the initial release was a bit too harsh in this regard but its been tweaked in recent updates already).

PS - It is very difficult to keep a large squad wholly content throughout as someone players will be sitting on the side lines and wanting to play ..

Archived