Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
lasseemil7

Football manager - Translation/Text of origin

Dear all,

I am  studying Spanish language and Communications at the University of Aarhus in Denmark.

I am about to start the writing of my thesis which will concern game translation. 
Since I´ve always been a huge fan of Football Manager, I really want to work with the translation of this game. The plan is to analyze the translation from English to Danish and to Spanish, since I´ve found that the translation to Spanish is quite better than the translation to Danish.

However, in order to continue, I need to make sure that English really is the First version and all other versions are translations of this version. Furthermore, if possible, I would like to know who makes the English version, if it really is the First version. Does any of you know if it is Sports Interactives or some other third-party company?

I find it quite difficult to get in touch with persons in SI that can answer this. Does any of you have an alternative email address that I can contact?

Thanks in advance,

Lasse

i would imagine as SI is a British company based in London that the native version is English - however that's an assumption so others that may know better can confirm.

Thanks for your answer. That is my assumption aswell. However, I need a confirmation from on of the persons in SI.

Given the origin of the game and its creators, there is no doubt at all that the game is written exclusively in English and all translations would have been done from there

Yes the original language of all the text is English (UK). 

Hi Neil,

Thanks for you respond!

Could you also inform who is making the English (UK) original text? I don´t need to know the person, just the if it is from your company or you in some way "out-source" the task.

Best regards,