Facilities upgrades

benjawi.

Would be nice to be able to specify the level of upgrade that we want. My youth facilities were awful, and it's taken a few seasons to get them to good. My club has plenty of money. Would be good to say "lets spend this much on it and see what level the facilities are"... because I have the money to make them great, but it takes years to get to that with each little update. Whereas in reality, if a team makes it to the Premiership and establishes itself there, they wouldn't do it a small bit at a time. You'd say "we want excellent facilities, it'll cost this much which we have in the bank so lets build some new facilities". Buy a new training ground that is a massive improvement, not one step each season.

• 2 weeks later...

it would certainly make it more interesting. I'd posted here before that it's too easy to upgrade, but I hadn't considered that it is quite boring in that it's always rigidly incremental.

perhaps it could be a risk reward type of deal. the board could say to you, this is what it'll cost for these 3 levels of improvement right now, but these are the levels of expectation we have on the pitch / how hard it will hit your budget. or alternatively, we could invest to the level of facility you want, but it'll take us until the end of next season to do it. it'll be cheaper to wait and upgrade to that level in one jump rather than improving in two separate works, but this is where we expect the club to be by then if we're still going to go ahead with the project.

you came from lower levels, and for example make it all the way to Premier league for example, certainly u have more money than before, and why not improve the facilities, i dont agree borivoje213, in real life if clubs have the money and the will, to have a philosofy based on youth academy, and have the money, its all it needs to start constructions. Perhaps- the youth academy star (each star) would have a money count, for example, improve 2 stars to 3 it costs 1.8M, 3 to 4 stars 4.5M, 4 to 5 stars costs 10M, this would have levels of money per improvement, increase wise.

Archived