[FM19] Devon Is a Place on Earth

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

a win away from home with a player sent off. 

I'm calling it, your destined to go up!

if getting promoted means they offer you the England job on the spot, will you take it? or try a year in the Premier league?

It's far too big a jump to say we're destined to go up. We were relegation certainties according to the bookies last August. If England come calling, I'd take the job, and I'd have to leave Argyle, as I don't believe the England job should be part time, whereas the u21 job frequently has been.

9 hours ago, andychar said:

Really tough loss especially with minutes to go i normal time. Still a fantastic season!

7 hours ago, Neotropolis said:

Irrespective of that last game. You can be proud that you ever so nearly achieved promotion with a team destined to go down. Dare I say it, but you nearly pulled off a Leicester. 

1 hour ago, Mandy42 said:

I stand by the fact your destined to go up, just not this season :(

sorry if I Jinxed you, outstanding season though! 

Thanks guys. We'll see what the future holds soon enough

Your England U-21's were probably against "Golden Generations" of three good at football but small nations.  Sometimes having a wealth of players to choose from is a problem.

I find that I do better when I play "Big" teams in smaller countries than when I play in the Premier League. I am currently playing with Victoria Plzen in Czech Republic.

I had a wonderkid Right Winger who started in the Champions league at 16! I was only ably to keep him for a year and a half afterwards. He had a $3.1M dollar release clause, headed to Burnley.

But I have players who are older who are just as serviceable, I end up paying more attention to attributes and sometimes the scouts suggest a 5 star player at a position but my home grown and trained two star is better for my needs.

Also my condolences on your Extra-time promotion playoff loss...there's always next year!

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Your England U-21's were probably against "Golden Generations" of three good at football but small nations.  Sometimes having a wealth of players to choose from is a problem.

I find that I do better when I play "Big" teams in smaller countries than when I play in the Premier League. I am currently playing with Victoria Plzen in Czech Republic.

I had a wonderkid Right Winger who started in the Champions league at 16! I was only ably to keep him for a year and a half afterwards. He had a $3.1M dollar release clause, headed to Burnley.

But I have players who are older who are just as serviceable, I end up paying more attention to attributes and sometimes the scouts suggest a 5 star player at a position but my home grown and trained two star is better for my needs.

Also my condolences on your Extra-time promotion playoff loss...there's always next year!

Thanks Hootieleece, that does make me feel a bit better about it :)

I mentioned that I've been struggling to get a consistent tactic working. I used the following tactic in preseason, and for the opening game of the season at home to Yeovil, a game I expected us to win. We looked defensively solid, but despite having lots of shots, and way more on target, we were undone by an early sucker punch, despite playing a relatively conservative strategy.

Screenshot.thumb.png.e5474241b437f5b62f03f05ab8386ad0.png

Here are the stats from the match, and the opposition setup.

1865522622_Screenshot2.thumb.PNG.89b860f33241dfa09c9923220fab738b.PNG

Has anyone got any constructive ideas about what they'd change to improve the tactic? I want to be more solid at the back, as we conceded over 100 goals last season, and that is why we didn't go up, but the way this formation is playing at the moment, we're not defensively solid enough to make up for the massive reduction in goals scored.

Where are the opposition assists coming from?

My guess from your instructions is that your getting killed by crosses...is that true?

if so try defend wider and man mark Opp. wingers and Fullbacks.

I also often play with one CD-D and one CD-Cover which works great against lone strikers.

Those are just a few thoughts...

(Remember I am a disciple of Heavy Metal Football)  yet my teams of lead the league  fewest goals against.

I generally gengenpress and use a higher line(Not the highest) and higher line of engagement (NOT Highest), but make sure my CD's and FB's are the paciest in the league.

9 hours ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Just ignore the 14-0 win

The 14-0 is irrelevant because we expect to win those games easily. We should also be beating Ireland at home, which we didn't.  We're therefore going to have to get a result from at least one of the Holland games to qualify.  We lost any margin for error after only two games. 

Two mixed results for the u21s in October. Unbelievably, both keepers scored own goals in the Holland game. We took the lead at 1-0 through their keeper, they levelled at 2-2 through ours, and pinched it late on

1613157911_U21Oct2027.thumb.PNG.1513d65d03ba1dba160b540301eba2dc.PNG

which sees us slip to third

1032745467_U21Oct2027table.thumb.PNG.a5dfe79593c2dabd2c1085619529cd76.PNG

On 28/02/2019 at 07:40, Northernpilgrim said:

The 14-0 is irrelevant because we expect to win those games easily. We should also be beating Ireland at home, which we didn't.  We're therefore going to have to get a result from at least one of the Holland games to qualify.  We lost any margin for error after only two games. 

Ok that makes sense

23 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Unless your defense gets better it looks like you are going to be Under 21's manager only...

Sadly I fear you're right. I won't be able to play for the next couple of weeks, as I had to move temporarily,  and I've got computer issues. I don't know if the save Will survive,  but I'm hopeful of resurrecting it when I get back home.

20 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Sadly I fear you're right. I won't be able to play for the next couple of weeks, as I had to move temporarily,  and I've got computer issues. I don't know if the save Will survive,  but I'm hopeful of resurrecting it when I get back home.

Hope everything goes okay! Even if you can't resurrect the save, then I'm sure there's an opportunity to start a new challenge!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived