Cant apply for open vacancy

So the PSG job has become available. I can declare an interest but I cannot submit an application either through the team page or through the job security page. They don't have a caretaker manager and in game status I have manageable teams ticked as "all". Is there a reason why I cannot apply? 

1 minute ago, ningboh said:

Also to go one step further. Once they appointed a manager I ran a test. I added a new human manager to PSG and retired. Again I could not apply for the post.

Haha sorry had to cover the basics. There's gotta be SOME reason you can't do it, hopefully someone can come along and help you out cuz I can't see it.

I had similar issue in one of my saves when I wanted to apply for the Man City job while I was at Chelsea. Unlike your situation, they did have a caretaker manager but they never advertised for the opening. I waited and waited and nothing. I ended up taking another job and eventually they appointed the caretaker manager as their replacement without ever advertising. 

My uneducated guess would be that this happens in FM (rarely) to make things somewhat realistic. Just because clubs sack a manager doesn't always mean they will immediately look for a permanent replacement right away, depending on where they are in the season.

If PSG went without even a caretaker manager for a lengthy time, well that's a different situation. How long has the job been vacant?

Well it is the end of the season. I tried to apply when it was announced that Zidane had left. As I say it wouldn't let me. Then like a week or so later they employ the current manager of galatasary in my save. so I went back to the save point just to check and added a human manager and resigned. Again still couldn't apply. I guess they must have black balled me ;) I would love it, if it was because I beat them in Europe so that's how I will imagine it lol.

Could be that it was already agreed that the Galatasary manager would take over , bit like Pep with City a couple of years ago when at Munich  as i know that when you apply for other jobs generally after January, the board ask if you want to take over now or end of season, so might have had him lined up already !

• Administrators

Would need to see the save before they appoint anyone - as said could be due to another manager having agreed to take over or something similar.

Feel free to upload the save to our Cloud and let us know the file name as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Would need to see the save before they appoint anyone - as said could be due to another manager having agreed to take over or something similar.

Feel free to upload the save to our Cloud and let us know the file name as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/

Thanks. 

But then surely the job would not come up as available would it? I would have thought it would say under review or something similar

Have you tried right clicking on PSG and apply that way? My guess as has already been mentioned is a caretaker manager there, but without the SI guys seeing your save no one will know for sure.

I had this problem once with a lower league team. But I just simmed to the next day and they had signed a manager that day so I wonder if it has to do with that they have a manager already to go and have stopped taken advents or something like that... Just a guess.

Archived