Sports Interactive Community
abyss616

History information disappearing

Several seasons ago, my Best XI information disappeared and now the competition history for all of the leagues and cups in my game has disappeared as well. Is it gone forever?

This can happen if either your anti-virus or cleaning programme scans the computer while FM is running and identifies files in the temp folder that it considers to be unnecessary.  Once deleted, I dont think they can be recovered.

Sonofa! So no chance I could load an earlier version of the save and repopulate those files?

It is worth trying that and making sure that your cleaning and antivirus programmes are disabled.

It seems as if there are three files that are the issue (located in App Data\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\Temporary):

tc_league_history_dt.cmt

tc_history_dt.cmt

tc_cup_history_dt.cmt

When I load up an old game, their file sizes are 2.11M/2.09M/1.86M which tells me they have information in them. When I load up a game after that information disappeared, they are much smaller (kilobytes). I've tried copying-and-pasting replacements to no avail - the history is gone.

Edited by abyss616

I think that once it is gone, it cannot be recovered, I'm afraid.