Maximum amount of B-teams in league

falonso

Hi All,

I've been playing as Ajax for a couple of seasons with a custom database and I noticed that the second level (Keuken Kampioen Divisie) had 10 "Jong"-teams after two seasons. I'd like to change the rules so that only 6 of those teams can play in this league. Is there any way to do that?

vor 12 Stunden schrieb falonso:

Thanks for replying. I had ticked that box and and set the maximum on 6, but it didn't work. So I guess this feature does indeed not work. That's a shame.

Too bad. Maybe it will help if you reduce the reputation of the Jong teams so that the players want to leave and the club doesn't rise so fast.

If you create B teams as separate clubs and link them to the first team, you can set them as ineligible for promotion to certain divisions, but you just end up with a bottleneck somewhere lower down the pyramid. I've never been able to limit the number of teams, I'd hoped the above option would work, but I've hit the same fault.

I had the same problem with Germany when over the years the 3. Liga eventually fills up with II (and in Werder Bremen's case II and III) teams. Even setting low reputation for the B team doesn't seem to make a difference, because the players come through the first team youth setup and are usually significantly better than the cloggers they're playing against.

Archived