Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I know this has been mentioned before in these forums but I need to bring it up again because time and time again it spoils my enjoyment of the game...

The game is just far too harsh on the AI's player fitness and maybe too lenient on human players.. for example, in my current save I have Werder Bremen next and this is the state of their squad on matchday after playing a midweek Europa game:

702612422_Screenshot_20190104-182054_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.3a1b9047ec4813b5aa2da88ab7babce6.jpg

 

Screenshot_20190104-182103_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Now I understand players will be a little fatigued after playinga few days earlier but this is just ridiculous, and even more so when I know for a fact my players would be near enough all 100%. They have a better team than me but if I beat them (which I probably will) then it will just feel like a cheap victory.

I'm playing on Android but interested to hear if iOS users see the same thing?

Edited by ss03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im playing on ios but things are same

even playing two match in a row doesnt affect their conditions

in this game engine i do not need to make rotation lul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AryaS said:

im playing on ios but things are same

even playing two match in a row doesnt affect their conditions

in this game engine i do not need to make rotation lul

I think the key is that this is heavily weighted in favour of the human player, so like you say we don't get hit with the same fitness issues and forced to rotate like the AI is. I've only been playing the mobile version since FMM17 but noticed this problem in all 3 games (17, 18 and 19)

Just played my game against Werder and as I thought I blew them away..

1016214620_Screenshot_20190105-083020_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.e80f1da7febe6a82eeb31635ab8ebf2a.jpg

332319622_Screenshot_20190105-082952_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.e7f51a9e6b10a84898c1cda986fde72a.jpg

Both goals came in the 1st half and I could have been about 5-0 up at half time, I don't actually recall seeing a highlight for them? Also in the match engine they were visibly slower and less reactive than my players, I was never under any pressure whatsoever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we keep bumping this please because it is a major issue and needs to be fixed.

I worry that it will be ignored so please keep bringing it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Glad it's not just me at least!

Prime example here.. got Bayern next and we've both played league games the previous week and a German Cup game midweek. Here are the conditions of the squads on matchday:

1557953846_Screenshot_20190106-215501_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.882c636c51337491d8c90643d25f6e91.jpg2120175737_Screenshot_20190106-215512_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.6973227fb6de6ca647e3d8e338d83c37.jpg

It just doesn't make any sense.. Bayern with elite facilities, coaches and players are struggling terribly whilst my comparably average infrastructure and personnel is coping perfectly fine. Also I should add that my starting 11 is the same 11 that began the midweek game.

It's a glaring issue which shouldn't really be ignored as it has big knock on effects in the game and definitely makes certain matches a lot easier to win

Edited by ss03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of an official reply?

It would be great if we could hear that this will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Edited by JimJobs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This problem with fitness has been going on for years now and ruins the game.  People ask for difficulty levels but this seems to be the problem playing against injury ravaged and unfit teams.  

Human managers have a huge advantage.  The games has many great features but the the game doesn’t work for me beating tired teams.

1) AI managed Fitness bug.

2) DM rating bug.

again the DM rating bug has be known about for years but still not resolved why is this?  There must be a very good reason?

please please please fix these two glaring issues that have lasted years. It would make the game a fair challenge.

From the human manager perspective the game looks and feels amazing but we need the challenge that would be provided by allowing AI managed teams to have a fair chance.  This Condition problem also impacts player ratings.

look forward to your reply SI 

Thanks Chris 

Edited by Chris7777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2019 at 00:57, Chris7777 said:

This problem with fitness has been going on for years now and ruins the game.  People ask for difficulty levels but this seems to be the problem playing against injury ravaged and unfit teams.  

Human managers have a huge advantage.  The games has many great features but the the game doesn’t work for me beating tired teams.

1) AI managed Fitness bug.

2) DM rating bug.

again the DM rating bug has be known about for years but still not resolved why is this?  There must be a very good reason?

please please please fix these two glaring issues that have lasted years. It would make the game a fair challenge.

From the human manager perspective the game looks and feels amazing but we need the challenge that would be provided by allowing AI managed teams to have a fair chance.  This Condition problem also impacts player ratings.

look forward to your reply SI 

Thanks Chris 

Any chance of some comments please SI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, this issue is so game breaking it has completely put me off playing.

I'm just waiting for the next major update, which surely has to fix this, so I can start playing again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it hasn’t been fixed for the last 4 or 5 seasons and I agree it makes the game unplayable for me to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris7777 said:

Well it hasn’t been fixed for the last 4 or 5 seasons and I agree it makes the game unplayable for me to.

Well that is not good.

This is the first mobile version I have bought.

It is such a shame because I like the game but I don't understand how a serious issue can be ignored for so long.

If they could at least label it as a 'known issue' rather than 'under review' then it might be more promising. How they can't acknowledge it is incomprehensible.

Edited by JimJobs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is something we are certainly aware of. We are still looking into this and we hope to improve this in the next major update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2019 at 18:34, Chris7777 said:

Any news???

Thanks for the response. just to be clear are you going to look into both the AI managed teams player condition and injuries to be inline with with human managed teams.  

The other major problem being DM ratings.  I guess this is a well no problem for you guys and presumably the reason that most AI managed teams have moved away from formations that include defensive midfielders.  Again this makes things very unrealistic as most of the top clubs play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation and as things stand you’ve changed most of them to 4-2-3-1.

The game would be magnificent if these problems could be ironed out.

 

look forward to your response.

Cheers Chris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking into every aspect of player conditioning. Is the main issue for you about the rate at which AI players tire during the match in relation to the user or the AI recovery ability between matches in relation to the user?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response👍🏻

Both and in turn this then means loads of injury’s for AI managed players.

what about DM ratings and incorrect formations?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

We are looking into every aspect of player conditioning. Is the main issue for you about the rate at which AI players tire during the match in relation to the user or the AI recovery ability between matches in relation to the user?

I certainly think both issues are important.

That being said, I think the bigger issue is the AI recovery ability in between matches OR more to the point, the human player recovery ability whereby our players seem to recover more quickly than the AI players.

I've been thinking about a real-life example; Spurs played Chelsea in a pulsating semi-final match on Thursday, a FA Cup tie on Sunday, has a match against Watford on Wednesday and then a match against Leicester on Saturday. Pochettino would not be able to select the same XI for each of those games, and if he did, those players would not be a 100% match fit. However, if this scenario occured in FMM, (or if I use any FMM experience of a congested English Christmas and January fixture period as an example) a human controlled team would have its players 89-100% fit for each game whereas the AI's players would not have the same level of fitness in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the AI player condition is way to harsh and the human managed players to good, needs to meet somewhere in the middle I guess?

Edited by Chris7777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During games involving the human player (in EME at least) I'd say the rate at which player condition deteriorates is around about the same for both teams. But if both teams have another game say 3 days later you can almost guarantee the human club's first 11 will all be pushing 100% whereas the AI will be struggling to get the same 11 to 90%+ and then it just snowballs from there resulting in injuries and playing players out of position etc so recovery between games heavily favours the human player. I agree with @Chris7777 in that this should probably be balanced somewhere in the middle.

There is also an issue with how much player fitness deteriorates in simulated games; after an AI v AI game if you look at both squads, the condition of the starting 11 is often a fair bit lower than if the game had been played in the match engine. This coupled with the recovery problem results in many injuries occurring in simulated games and severely weakened squads when it comes to playing the human player... the unfit AI players are visibly sluggish in the match engine too

Edited by ss03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ss03 said:

During games involving the human player (in EME at least) I'd say the rate at which player condition deteriorates is around about the same for both teams. But if both teams have another game say 3 days later you can almost guarantee the human club's first 11 will all be pushing 100% whereas the AI will be struggling to get the same 11 to 90%+ and then it just snowballs from there resulting in injuries and playing players out of position etc so recovery between games heavily favours the human player. I agree with @Chris7777 in that this should probably be balanced somewhere in the middle.

There is also an issue with how much player fitness deteriorates in simulated games; after an AI v AI game if you look at both squads, the condition of the starting 11 is often a fair bit lower than if the game had been played in the match engine. This coupled with the recovery problem results in many injuries occurring in simulated games and severely weakened squads when it comes to playing the human player... the unfit AI players are visibly sluggish in the match engine too

Exactly this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the player conditioning between my team (Spartak) and the AI (Zenit) after a recent match.Screenshot_20190130-171306.thumb.png.71c90dd318bf7999ff2203588edd21da.png

There are seven players for Zenit who are in the 60s and 70s whereas I have nine players who are in the 80s and 90s.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Look at the player conditioning between my team (Spartak) and the AI (Zenit) after a recent match.Screenshot_20190130-171306.thumb.png.71c90dd318bf7999ff2203588edd21da.png

There are seven players for Zenit who are in the 60s and 70s whereas I have nine players who are in the 80s and 90s.

Its like that for me every single game sometimes worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2019 at 16:44, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

We are looking into every aspect of player conditioning. Is the main issue for you about the rate at which AI players tire during the match in relation to the user or the AI recovery ability between matches in relation to the user?

Why is SI only asking for this information now?

This issue has been known for ages and it is unbelievable that SI is so apathetic that it won't acknowledge the problem, let alone address it. I was hoping for an imminent fix and now I have lost all hope.

I take it from this response that this issue will not be fixed in this version, and we will be fobbed off with promises that it will continue to be 'looked into' until the next version is due to be released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its very worrying😔. Bearing in mind it’s absolutly fundamental in terms of playing the game.  For me it’s broken. And unplayable right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add, I am and old School Champ man player☺️ and even the very early versions didn’t have this particular problem.  CM97/98 oh the memory’s🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi im new to the forum, now that i have read this i have realised this has happened to me. I just assumed the team i were pkaying may have had a mid week game or something. Crazy. I feel as if i have cheated now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2019 at 17:03, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This is something we are certainly aware of. We are still looking into this and we hope to improve this in the next major update. 

New update must be coming soon? right?

Please don't try to put it off to the fm 2020 version . That is NOT acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JimJobs2 said:

New update must be coming soon? right?

Please don't try to put it off to the fm 2020 version . That is NOT acceptable.

The update will be coming soon :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't bought this year's game for the exact reason that it's too easy. If the conditioning fix goes a long way to levelling the playing field, maybe I'll come back 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...