What player attributes never change?

Hello,

I'm looking to devise a way to track player development in Excel and am pondering how best to do it. I recall many moons ago, a simple programme someone built that used your save game and did it all for you. However, that is way beyond me, so I'll be using Excel.

There seems little value in using attributes that just don't change. I seem to recall there were a handful? (natural fitness and bravery perhaps were two?)

Can anyone confirm what attributes won't change over time. I'm using FM18 - not sure if anything has changed in FM19.

Many thanks,

Paul

Any and all attributes can change.  Some seem less likely to change than others or change at a glacial rate, but there are no attributes which are incapable of change.

I don't know if it's still built into the game (I haven't looked for years and I'm not in game atm), but there used to be a way of exporting data from tables of attributes you created which you could then import into Excel.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for the reply.

I've set up a squad screen that shows all attributes - then used the 'print screen' to export as a webpage - then pasted into Excel. If there is anything easier, I'm all ears!

Interesting what you say though - I felt sure bravery could not be changed (certainly not through training - and not sure what else would make it alter) and had doubts about natural fitness. But I am happy to go by a more experienced user!

Cheers

What about players potential and development if I have for example winger that I want to make as right or left defender will his stats be trained to this position def etc or he will develop stats always the same way like he had programmed ? Because I don't know if they depend of something or they are kind of set at the start when the player is created...

What about making team with like 20 /20 pace etc is it possible? so the PA will be used for example to train pace, passing the attributes that I choose and set training like it ? or player have max potencial in all attribute set when he was created?

12 hours ago, swedishchef_uk said:

... I've set up a squad screen that shows all attributes - then used the 'print screen' to export as a webpage - then pasted into Excel. If there is anything easier, I'm all ears! ...

That’s the only way to export data from FM. I do it slightly differently in that I export the data as a webpage and then open the resulting document in my spreadsheet rather than pasting the contents into the spreadsheet. It’s marginally quicker.

17 hours ago, herne79 said:

Any and all attributes can change.  Some seem less likely to change than others or change at a glacial rate, but there are no attributes which are incapable of change.

I don't know if it's still built into the game (I haven't looked for years and I'm not in game atm), but there used to be a way of exporting data from tables of attributes you created which you could then import into Excel.  Can anyone confirm?

Are you sure about this? There are two attributes that I've never ever seen changing and always considered them "built in" to the player and those are Aggression and Natural Fitness. Maybe there are certain events that can happen that would change them and I've never encountered them.

1 hour ago, bar333 said:

Are you sure about this? There are two attributes that I've never ever seen changing and always considered them "built in" to the player and those are Aggression and Natural Fitness. Maybe there are certain events that can happen that would change them and I've never encountered them. 

Natural fitness definitely can imporve, and it's further improved by training such as Endurance, and other pysiscal training:

image.thumb.png.b70e00bf9d2ed151d45875a823fc719c.png

(Image is just a random youth intake newgen BTW, so porbably not gonna show in peoples saves)

Agression can also be trained by Overall, and some defensive sessions, but I've also not seen this increase

(Edit - Default skin, I'm just messing around with colours via preferences ATM...)

I see Bravery dropping occasionally after a player got a serious injury. Sometimes 2-3 pts at once.

About Natural Fitness: i don't remember seeing it increase on players age 20+ and i only seeing decreases on players well over 30. Its a little anecdotal though.

Archived