Sacked from England after a 37 win run

I'm not sure if this is in the right section. Football Manager told me on twitter to create a post about it. 

Basically I was sacked from the England managers job after taking over in 2028 with the team sitting around 14th in the world rankings. My first game was a 2-2 draw against the new European Champions France. After two wins and 1 draw I then went on a 6 game win streak with goals scored at 46 with only 2 conceded. Following 1 defeat against Spain I then went on dominant run of 37 straight wins again with an outstanding amount of goals scored at 144 with again a low amount of only 12 goals conceded. During this time I led my country to victories in the International League, Confederations Cup and most importantly the Fifa World Cup. Yes Football has come home. After a 1-1 draw in the European Championships I qualified for the knock out stages of the competition. After defeating Italy and Germany I then came up against Spain in the Semi Final. I was without a key number of players for this fixture due to injuries and suspension and unfortunately I was defeated 5-1 and knocked out. While this was disappointing to be eliminated I held my head up high ready for the next challenges coming my way with the national team, after all I had a very young side with 6 teenagers in my starting 11 for my last game. I handed these players debuts and used them every step of the way, you could say these players were my boys. 

I sat in the crowd for the final watching the team that eliminated me in spain, go up against the current champions France, the game finished 2-0 to France. During my time with England I was a successful manager at club level balancing both duties. I started my career at FC Barcelona winning the Championships League in my second season after loosing in the final in my first. With FC Barcelona I won the Champions League 9... Yes 9 times in a row also winning La Liga 9 times, Supercopa 7 times, Copa del Rey 7 times, UEFA Super Cup 8 times and the Club World Championship 8 times. After a very successful career with FCB I moved to the English Premier League to manage Manchester City. I stayed with City for4 years and again I found success winning the Community Shield 3 times, EFL Cup 3 times, FA Cup 2 times, UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Championship 1 time, Premier League 4 times and most importantly I won Man City's 1st and my 10th Champions League. During my management spell I kept my eye on my hometown team of Leeds United. In the year 2030 Leeds was STILL in the Championship and never returned to the BIG time. 26 years away from the Premier League I said enough was enough. I took the brave decision to leave Man City at the end of the 2029/2030 season and wait patiently for the Leeds position to open up. Luckily for me Leeds had a terrible start to the season and in December 2030 with Leeds in 20th in the league they sacked the current manager. This was my time to pounce and on 14 December 2030 I became the new Leeds United manager. This was a risk for me as I am already rated the best manager of all time and to jump down to a team near the relagion zone of the Championship certainly took some balls. I managed to turn the clubs look around and finish a very respectable 6th securing an unlikely play off spot. I was defeated in the play offs by the eventual winner Sheffield Wednesday but I could only hold my head up high after the rise of the club in the second half of the season. My second season and first full season was a success. I made multiple transfers both permanent and loan and guided the club to 1st place in the Championship with a record point score of 113. Leeds was finally back in the big time. 54 Cup wins, 14 League wins and one promotion, I was certainly enjoying my success at all levels.

Yet to my surprise and my main reason for this post is this, after becoming the most successful manager of all time and loosing 2 games in all of my England management I was shockingly sacked by the English FA... WHY? Surely loosing one game does not deserve the sack. Why does the game not have a feature where the board requests a meeting with you and let you explain or answer the boards worries. Does the game know I had key players injured and suspended? 

merge_fromf_ofoct.jpg

what happened to you can happen in club levels too, you get a team from conference to premier and simply being eliminated in quarter finals/being out of the CL spots when you have the objective of being champion can net u sack, obviously this isn't normally the case for irl (PSG won everything but champions and emery is not in psg anymore due to failing the main goal) i guess FA wanted you to win that and of course a 5-1 doesn't help, maybe they would spare you if it was in the final, but remember that International management is a world of fast changes, u see croatia at the final this year, croatia could fail to qualify for next world cup, and if there are bad results, the best thing to do is to change something

also, winning so much games in a row is kinda bad since a loss can mess up with expectations, just look at brazil in the last 3 world cups, its expected to win, comes from a very good pre world cup/qualifiers and goes out in quarter finals (and humiliated in 2014 semi final) heck i think most people had brazil reaching semifinals but eliminated by a more favorite team

1 hour ago, WorcesterLegend said:

what happened to you can happen in club levels too, you get a team from conference to premier and simply being eliminated in quarter finals/being out of the CL spots when you have the objective of being champion can net u sack, obviously this isn't normally the case for irl (PSG won everything but champions and emery is not in psg anymore due to failing the main goal) i guess FA wanted you to win that and of course a 5-1 doesn't help, maybe they would spare you if it was in the final, but remember that International management is a world of fast changes, u see croatia at the final this year, croatia could fail to qualify for next world cup, and if there are bad results, the best thing to do is to change something

also, winning so much games in a row is kinda bad since a loss can mess up with expectations, just look at brazil in the last 3 world cups, its expected to win, comes from a very good pre world cup/qualifiers and goes out in quarter finals (and humiliated in 2014 semi final) heck i think most people had brazil reaching semifinals but eliminated by a more favorite team

I've uploaded a picture now

you can win 500 games in a row, but if you don't reach the objective is a failure, simple as that, the game is kinda harsh on this, but that alone could put any manager in near sacking if you are the favorite for a competition, on top of that the result itself is like putting your finger in the injury.

on the other side, the FA could be more forgiving since irl, Low had a even worst result in world cup and he wasn't sacked...maybe SI should take a look a this, but i think this has to do with the hidden FA Patience stat

Archived