Taking Over the World - Making North American Football Relevant

B.W.G

March 2026

Fixtures

7hJbOc0.png?1

League Table

tvIxkKW.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Four wins and two losses in the month.The first loss came against Auckland City in the Champions League,no surprise really as they are by far the best team in Oceania.The loss against AS Magenta is one I have no words for as with exception to finishing,it was fairly even.Won the other two league games against AS Lossi and Horizon Sport as we sit at the top by five points with two game in hands so we are in a pretty strong position if we can avoid freak results like the AS Magenta one.Big news of the month is that we knocked out Trio Sport with a 6-2 aggregate victory in the Coupe de Calédonie Semi-Final which means we will be playing in the final in May. 

April is a busy month with nine games,eight in the league and one in the Champions League.In the Champions League,we face off against Fijian side Suva which will be a tough game but they are not Ba so we might do okay but it will be tough,if we do somehow win then we will probably face Auckland City in the semi-finals which is a horrible thought as they have already thumped us once this season!As for the league,there is a lot of games in very little time so we will need to rotate so I am expecting to drop some points but we are still in a good position for the title due to the games in hand,as long as I am top come the end of the month then I will be happy.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April 2026

Fixtures

eStk0da.png?1

League Table

224ewAU.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The month from hell is over as we ended up playing eleven games and now my players are literally dead on their feet!Seven wins and a draw saw us clinch the title with games to spare,we drew the last game of the month in which I pleased to have got a point as the fitness of the majority of my players is low,the only other game where we struggled was the 3-2 victory over Tiga Sport as we held on to victory despite only having nine men.As for the Champions League,we beat Suva 6-2 in the quarter finals which was the surprise result.The semi-finals gave us two more batterings as we lost 5-0 on aggregate to Auckland City which takes my career record to 0-1-4 against them!

We're into the last month of the season which we have five more games to play.The league is no longer a concern so I can field some of the weaker players to keep the squad fresh,the reason for this is we have a two legged affair in the final of the Coupe de Calédonie against Hienghène Sport which means it's first vs second for the cup and if we win then that will be New Caledonia complete.

May 2026

Fixtures

NQND23g.png?1

League Table

O6trZ0h.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

New Caledonia is now completed as we won the cup to give us a double,it was two very exciting games where it was back and forth in both games as we ran out 6-4 aggregate winners against Hienghène Sport in the final.We picked up seven points from nine in our final three games,we won the two most difficult league games 4-0 against AS Magenta and Hienghène Sport whereas we dropped points against Trio Sport of all teams,I did a bit of rotating but it was necessary but we did more than enough that we should of won the game.

A end of season report will be following,after that we will be leaving New Caledonia to manager in New Zealand which is host to the biggest league in Oceania in the form of the ASB Premiership,I will also have to deal with Auckland City more frequently.

ChLmLev.jpg

AS Wetr - Division Honneur - End of Season -  2025/26

Transfers

Complete overhaul of the team as we had to strengthen a lot to avoid the same performance as the previous managers.Every player bought in was for the first team.

End of Season Review

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Division Honneur - Winners

kUIF1NP.png?1

Won it by twenty one points which is a comfortable margin.We were the strongest performing team but we were not the best in terms of quality so it shows the good tactics and keeping morale higher is a brilliant combination for over achieving.We had some cracking wins including a 8-0 victory over Ne Drehu and two 7-0 wins against Trio Sport and Tiga Sport,on the flip side,we did manage to lose 6-0 to AS Magenta in one of three defeats.Set records for points,goals and worse disciplinary.

OFC Champions League -  Semi-Finals

jYvOK5E.png?1

Made it through the group stages with a record of 2-0-1 in which we faced AS Manu Ura,Lupe and Auckland City.We faced Fijian side Suva in the Quarter-Finals in which we somehow ran out 6-2 winners.As for the Semi-Final,two more one sided defeats to Auckland City condemned us to a 5-0 aggregate loss.Auckland City would then go on to win their fifth consecutive Champions League.

Coupe de Calédonie - Winners

TZaVJ3n.png?1

Beat Bélop Mont-Dore (12-2 on aggregate),Horizon Sport (9-2 on aggregate),Tiga Sport (6-1 on aggregate) and Trio Sport 6-2 on aggregate en-route to the final.As for the final itself,both games against Hienghène Sports were exciting affairs in which the victor was attacking football but our victory in the first leg helped us secure the trophy as we ran out 6-4 aggregate winners.

Players,Stats and Awards

Awards - Stats - Best XI

Players

5dage0i.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Very pleased with how the season went as I generally thought it would take two seasons to win everything in New Caledonia but we manage in one,even if was very close due to the cup.Pleased to say we didn't have the strongest team with regards to ability but we kept our morale high and that combined with the cohesion,it made out to be a very successful season.The only thing I didn't understand in this league was that some teams could offer actual wages while others (including ourselves) could only offer players money based on a pay as you play contract.

With New Caledonia done,we will be moving to New Zealand and that will take longer than one season unless I somehow happen to get the Auckland City job,this is because Auckland City are that dominant,it would be like managing Ba in Fiji as they can pretty much get any good player from the other teams which makes it more difficult for other teams to compete.As of this moment,there are no jobs going in New Zealand so it is a case of waiting.

Season        Team            Nation               Division            League       Cup       Continental     Avg.Att      Notes
2018/19    Vaitogi Utd     American Samoa       Senior League 2         1st        Winners       N/A           417       Promotion
2019/20    Vaitogi Utd     American samoa       Senior League 1         1st        Winners    Group Stage      405       Won Double
2020/21     Puaikura        Cook Islands     Cook Islands Round Cup     1st        Winners     Quarters        194       Won Double
2021/22        BA              Fiji             National League         1st        Winners    Runners-Up       495       Quintuple!
2022/23      Tamana          Kiribati        National Championship      1st         N/A          N/A           351       Won Title!
2023/24   Weloy Strikers    Micronesia       Pohnpei Premier League     1st         N/A          N/A           121       Promotion
2024/25   Weloy strikers    Micronesia       YFA Island Wide League     1st         N/A          N/A           177       Won Title!
2025/26     AS Wetr        New Caledonia       Division Honneur         1st        Winners      Semis          433       Won Double

Edited by B.W.G

Everything won in New Caledonia,it's time to leave.

maCJDPU.png?1

LsKUAgE.png?1

So long to New Caledonia and hello to our new nation....

Is it Tonga time?I Think it's Tonga's time.

Also to note,Tonga is our last Oceania country,then it's on to North America and the Caribbean.

Oceania - New Zealand

nkwMDuq.jpg

K6iVhMu.jpg

New Zealand is a sovereign island country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean. The country geographically comprises two main landmasses—the North Island (Te Ika-a-Māui), and the South Island (Te Waipounamu)—and around 600 smaller islands. New Zealand is situated some 1,500 kilometres (900 mi) east of Australia across the Tasman Sea and roughly 1,000 kilometres (600 mi) south of the Pacific island areas of New Caledonia, Fiji, and Tonga. Because of its remoteness, it was one of the last lands to be settled by humans. During its long period of isolation, New Zealand developed a distinct biodiversity of animal, fungal, and plant life. The country's varied topography and its sharp mountain peaks, such as the Southern Alps, owe much to the tectonic uplift of land and volcanic eruptions. New Zealand's capital city is Wellington, while its most populous city is Auckland.

Polandball Chronicles

New Zealandball is a countryball southeast of Australia-iconAustraliaball. He is the son and former colony of UK-icon UKballand the brother of Australia-icon Australiaball, Canada-icon Canadaball, and USA-iconUSAball. He has a pet kiwi and is known for the Lord of the Rings films and being the Adventure Capital of the World, he has 3 children, Niue, Tokelau, and the Cook Islands-icon Cook Islands. Even though New Zealand is known for being a peaceful, caring nation, he can be a fierce warrior. He often gets mixed up with Australia-icon Australiaball. Other countryballs, especially stupid America, often confuse him with Aussie. That's why be planned to change his flag but people preferred the original flag

Edited by B.W.G

pDpKJi7.jpg

Central Utd - ASB Premiership - Club Takeover - 2026/27

The offer

yrk2GCS.png?1

Club Background

yxY65oM.png?1

The Team

tkSDmqB.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well I really have dived in the deep end,I have ten players at the club,staff wise I have myself,chief scout,Head Physio and Chief Doctor.My aim is to survive relegation (somehow),build a team from scratch and enhance my reputation in New Zealand as I may need to move to a bigger club at some point.God help me here!

Edited by B.W.G

pDpKJi7.jpg

Central Utd - ASB Premiership - Pre-Season - 2026/27

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers

I've managed to add a lot of players to the first team even if two are on loan,we can now actually have a first XI and a full bench for future games till someone gets suspended or injured.I still have a lot of work to do with regards to bringing players in,the next two are more than likely a right back and left winger as I have offers in for them.

Pre-Season Fixtures

aCOZHgh.png?1

Used for fitness purposes and for getting used to the tactics.We didn't look to bad at the end of pre-season due to is actually having more than ten players.We still have quite a way to go but the signs are positive even if it will take a while.

The Team

pPlKwHG.png?1

Key Players

lI5Th5r.png?1

pGe9v3f.png?1

XkhEawj.png?1

jv2NysP.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The board want us to battle bravely against relegation,we are the media's favourites for relegation and I barely have enough players for a starting XI and a full subs bench.On the plus side,we now a full backroom of staff so it's not all doom and gloom yet.I do have two offers for players in,they are a left winger and a right back which will help improve the quality of the starting XI,other than that I am in the middle of a massive scouting mission as we are currently scouting no less than 24 players as it is of most importance we strengthen.

Obviously my main goal is to survive and then build from there as there is no way we will win the title at the first go unlike every other country!Not bothered by the cup this season but could be useful for a bit of extra money for next season depending how far we go.The only thing I can do now is build the clubs reputation along with my reputation in New Zealand in case I need to find another job here at some point.

Edited by B.W.G

August 2026

Fixtures

gnObpps.png?1

League Table

cRbpvQ2.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins,two draws,two losses,ten goals scored and ten goals conceded,at least we're even for the start of the season.No complaints off me for the start of the season as I was expected to battle bravely against relegation and was favourite for relegation so sitting fifth is brilliant.My squad building is done for now until youth candidate day is here as we have no transfer budget and no wage budget left so I may look to see what else is available on the loan market.

Playing five games in September,two of these are friendlies to help with cohesion,fitness and morale.We also have two NZF Cup games as we have a two legged affair against Hamilton Wanderers in what will be a very tough affair if the league game is anything to go by.We also play Auckland City in the league so I am writing that one off now as my team isn't strong enough to be beating them if I'm honest.My main aim of the month is progress in the NZF Cup as the board want me to make it to the fifth round.

Sepetember 2026

Fixtures

WI3piGJ.png?1

League Table

FTKn0cT.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

September was a perfect month in regards to result but the ultimate question but the question is how did we manager it,this is due to the Auckland City game as they absolutely battered us and probably should have lost by three of four but we somehow managed to hold off for a 1-0 courtesy of a early penalty.The Hamilton Wanderers games saw us play in two very exciting games in which both defences disappeared as we ran out 9-6 aggregate winners.The friendlies were there to help keep fitness up,improve cohesion and improve the partnership between players on the pitch.During the month we bought in Harri Kershaw and Michael Grist,we signed Kershaw from Connah's Quay while we signed Grist on a free after he left Connah's Quays during the summer.

Seven games in October,one friendly,two cup games and four league games.The friendly is because we haven't got a game that week so it's for match fitness purposes.We play Birkenhead Utd in the ASB Football Cup,they were the team relegated from the ASB Premiership last season,I did weaken their team with transfers so it will be easier to beat them now then it was during pre-season when we lost 2-0.Four games in the league see us play Team Wellington,Tasman,Hawkes Bay and Southern.Team Welllington suck at the moment,not expecting anything from the Tasman game as they are ridiculously hard to beat,Hawkes Bay are similar to us while Southern have already beat us this season.My aim is to do better than Team Wellington as there is one place for relegation so if I can match them or do better then there shouldn't be a problem.

October 2026

Fixtures

ZV4gmPv.png?1

League Table

Hohzj1q.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Absolutely perfect month as we won every game.We made progress in the ASB Football Cup with a 5-0 aggregate victory over Birkenhead Utd. Absolutely stunned with our performances in the league as we won all four and were quite comfortable in all of them,even the Tasman game was comfortable as they scored two very late goals to make it 4-3.

November brings us four games.We face off against Hamilton Wanderers,Canterbury Utd and Eastern Suburbs.The Hamilton and Eastern Suburb games will be very difficult as they are both doing very well but if we play to our best then we can beat them.Not to sure about the Canterbury game as they do have a quality side but it hasn't clicked yet for them so I am expecting better from them in November.We also play the first leg of the fourth round of the ASB Football Cup when we face Mosgiel.Aim is for a good win against Mosgiel and to hopefully carry on the form we have had in the last month.

Edited by B.W.G

November 2026

Fixtures

cUejrMB.png?1

League Table

hmofRD4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another perfect month as we nailed three wins out of three,in fairness we should have lost to Canterbury Utd as they out played us and it is by luck we came out with three points.The Eastern Suburbs game was the Alex McNally show as he scored all four in our 4-1 win.My aim was to get a good win against Mosgiel and we did that with an emphatic 7-1 win which gives us a very good lead going into the second leg.

Decmeber is a busy month with six games.We face Mosgiel in the second leg in which we have a 7-1 advantage so we are pretty much through.As for the league,the biggest game of the month will be against Auckland City.We do also face Team Wellington,Hamilton Wanderers,Waitakere Utd and Hawkes Bay.We've been doing brilliantly so far but I am not sure how much longer this will continue as suspensions and injuries are starting to creep in.No matter what happens though we will not be last so that's a positive.

December 2026

Fixtures

WMCW5DS.png?1

League Table

BpYCMo7.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This has to be one of the weirdest months I have ever played.We won one out of five games but we still manage to finish the month four points ahead of Tasman.The one victory came against Team Wellington where we literally stole the game as we scored twice in injury time,the loss is one I'd rather forget as we were outclassed.As for the draws,came from 2-0 down against Hamilton Wanderers,blew a 2-0 lead against Auckland City and were involved in a snooze fest against Hawke's Bay.

Seven games in January,five in the league and two in the ASB Football Cup.In the ASB Football Cup,we have a two legged affair against Three Kings in which we should easily go through as we have the better side by far.In the league,we have a tough month as we face Tasman,Hamilton Wanderers and Eastern Suburbs,the fixtures were not kind to me there!We also face Canterbury Utd and Southern for our two easier league fixtures.Would love to see us in the top two come end of the month but will be very tight in any case as out form hasn't been great.I also want to progress in the ASB Football Cup as that is our best shot at silverware this season.

January 2027

Fixtures

RJkCwMs.png?1

League Table

Wkzc0N3.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A near perfect month with just the one blip.We picked up thirteen points which leaves us an impressive eight points in front of second place Auckland City.There were two major highlights to the month,our win against Tasman helped their manager get the sack and our 4-0 win against Canterbury Utd was the final nail in their manager's coffin.We also made more progress in the ASB Football Cup as we knocked out Three Kings 5-0 on aggregate.

February is the month that will either make us or break us.Due to being in the top two in January,we have qualified for the OFC Champions League in which we should qualify as we are the best team by far in the group.We also have a two legged affair against Waitakere Utd in the ASB Football Cup as well as league games against Waitakere Utd and Hawke's Bay.The problem is that I have 27 players in my entire team and that isn't the maximum amount allowed to register in the OFC Champions League.We have seven games,currently have two major injuries and twenty one days in which takes place.If we can come out of this in good shape then it will be a success.

February 2027

Fixtures

aUW0acL.png?1

League Table

9i5oKQQ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We were excellent in the group stages of the OFC Champions League as we topped the group with a 100% record and no goals conceded.The ASB Football Cup saw two fantastic games as we ran out 8-5 aggregate winners against Waitakere Utd,I always seem to produce classic goals galore in the cup games and this was no exception.The league on the other hand,well it was a disaster as we picked up one point from six.The game against Waitakere saw both attacks struggle as neither team could find a way through which was a big disappointment.As for the Hawke's Bay game,I generally thought I had stole a point as scored the equalizer in the 90th minute,Hawke's Bay would then go and score in the 4th minute of injury time which was a rubbish way for me to lose our eighteen game unbeaten streak.

March brings us seven games as the pressure is turned right up on us.We face off against Eastern Suburbs in the two legged ASB Football Cup semi-final which is definitely winnable but Eastern Suburbs could be dangerous in it as they don't really have anything else to fight for.The league sees us play both Auckland City and Tasman which is really annoying as both teams are dangerously close to ourselves.We also face Southern,Team Wellington and Canterbury,it is important that we win all three of these otherwise we could be in deep trouble depending on the other two games.My aim is to win the ASB Football Cup semi-final.

March 2027

Fixtures

kgPCy7V.png?1

League Table

t5ZMSjF.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Oh boy has this gone horribly wrong.Literally the only positive I can take out of this month is overturning a deficit to beat Eastern Suburbs 2-1 on aggregate on the ASB Football Cup semi-final.As for the league,we picked up seven points from fifteen and dropped down to second place behind Auckland City.This is mainly due to having such a small squad which is no help as it has been a struggle on all fronts but Auckland are the best side in the country with regard to reputation and quality of the team so it's a surprise it's took them this long to get to top spot.

Six games in April and two of these are massive.The first massive game comes in the OFC Champions League where we face my former club Ba in the quarter finals.The other massive game comes on the 24/4 when we face Auckland City in what could possibly be a title decider.We also face Hamilton Wanderers,Eastern Suburbs,Waitakere Utd and Team Wellington.We need to get as many points as possible as I won't go down without a fight but it is going to be very difficult due to the size of the squad and match fitness but we will try and aim for the top.

Just went through the thread and your progress so far has been fantastic  :thup:

Spoiler

Long time lurker, but now I'm finally registered and thinking about joining with my current CSKA Sofia save (season 2 now, but I could just do a brief review of the first one and catch up I guess)

Edited by skycycle

10 hours ago, skycycle said:

Just went through the thread and your progress so far has been fantastic  :thup:

Hide contents

Long time lurker, but now I'm finally registered and thinking about joining with my current CSKA Sofia save (season 2 now, but I could just do a brief review of the first one and catch up I guess)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reading,hopefully we can keep up our progress.:D

You can do that,people around here are friendly and a save in an unusual country will always attract people.

7 hours ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

It's taken a while to catch up with all this :D But fantastic save so far great read mate :) 

April 2027

Fixtures

egsGzFp.png?1

League Table

ZqoUwRq.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The title is now completely out of our hands but we have secured second place so not bad for our first season.We picked up eight points in the league but we dropped too many as we fell behind Auckland City,the less said about that game the better.On the cup front,we destroyed BA 7-1 in the OFC Champions League quarter finals before getting past Eastern Suburbs 7-4 on aggregate,luckily we pretty much finished it off in the first leg.After the last couple of month,I've identified the main areas I need to strengthen but it will be dependant on budgets,the only way I am not going to be here is if the Auckland City job comes up.

We've hit the final month of the season and as the league is out of our hands,we will be focusing on the cup games.In the ASB Football Cup,we have two legged final against Tasman which we need to win as it will give us a shot at the ASB Charity Cup next season.We are also in the final of the OFC Champions League where we will face Solomon Island side KOSSA who we actually beat in the group stages so I am pretty confident in picking up one trophy at least.

May 2027

Fixtures

Nis4mdA.png?1

League Table

jWSYOIm.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Extremely pleased with this month as we won two trophies in the form of the ASB Football Cup and the OFC Champions League.With winning the ASB Football Cup,we now have a chance to win the third New Zealand trophy at the start of next season in the form of the ASB Charity Cup.Luckily we had the ASB Football Cup pretty much won after the first leg as we nearly threw it away in the second leg.The Champions League was a very strong showing off us as we were a solid unit throughout both games to claim a well deserved trophy.Finished off strongly in the league but it was for nought as Auckland City won their last game to clinch the title.

Up next is the end of season review then onto the transfer window where I need to strengthen both flanks and get in a high quality striker and a high quality MC to give us more strength.If we can strengthen the team then I don't see why we can't win the title next season.I may go and raid Team Wellington as they have some good players I might be able to get on the cheap.

pDpKJi7.jpg

Central Utd - ASB Premiership - End of Season - 2026/27

Transfers

Think I did reallly well on the transfer front as I bought in Seventeen players in permanently for only £38.5k and being just over my £8k p/w wage budget,not bad business at all considering I only had ten players to begin with.

Season Review

Competitions

ASB Premiership - 2nd Place

mn1iGn4.png?1

Very impressive first season with Central Utd but we just fell short in the end due to a very small squad which led to fitness problems as we didn't have room for much rotation.We did really well in attack but not as well in defence so I now know where I have much room to improve and where I have a little bit of improvement which needs doing.

OFC Champion League - Winners

Ce60y5v.png?1

Perfect record in the group stage against Hekari Utd,Lotoha'apai and KOSSA.In the quarter finals we beat my old club Ba 7-1.The semi-finals saw us beat Eastern Suburbs 7-4 on aggregate in which I am grateful we won the first leg 6-2 as we were awful in the second leg.For the final,we put in two solid performances as we won the trophy 4-0 on aggregate.We now have a (slim) shot at the Club World Cup later in the year.

ASB Football Cup - Winners

yCHXkvm.png?1

We beat Hamilton Wanderers (9-6 on aggregate),Birkenhead Utd (5-0 on aggregate),Mosgiel (10-1 on aggregate),Three Kings (5-0 on aggregate),Waitakere Utd (8-5 on aggregate) and Eastern Suburbs (2-1 on aggregate) en-route to the final.As for the final,I am glad we were able to get such a good lead as we won the first leg 4-1 before struggling in the second leg as we lost 3-2 which gave us a 6-4 aggregate win.

Players,Stats and Awards

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

COmFLvQ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

What a first season in charge of Central Utd as we won a cup double and came second in the league.The fact we did this on a £8k p/w wage budget is astounding as we were the lowest on wages by far.Winning the two cups as gave us access to two more competitions as we will be competing for the Club World Cup and the ASB Charity Cup,we only have to win the latter as well as the league to finish New Zealand off.We have the foundations laid for future success,now we have to build upon them.

For next season,the priority will be the league and the ASB Charity Cup as we have not won those competitions.Having already seen the budget,we have been given a war chest by this seasons standards as the wage budget has gone up from £8k p/w to £35k p/w.I have already identified future targets as we look to strengthen the team even more as I want good strength in depth to help us when we need to rotate as that is what cost us this season.Here's to the future!

Season        Team            Natio n             Division          League     Cup        Continental     Avg.Att      Notes
2018/19    Vaitogi Utd     American Samoa      Senior League 2       1st      Winners         N/A           417      Promotion
2019/20    Vaitogi Utd     American Samoa      Senior League 1       1st      Winners     Group Stage       405      Won Double
2020/21     PuaiKura        Cook Islands    Cook Islands Round Cup   1st      Winners      Quarters         194      Won Double
2021/22        Ba              Fiji            National League       1st      Winners     Runners-Up        495      Quintuple!
2022/23      Tamana          Kiribati       National Championship    1st       N/A            N/A           351      Won Title!
2023/24   Weloy Strikers    Micronesia      Pohnpei Premier League   1st       N/A            N/A           121      Promotuion
2024/25   Weloy STrikers    Micronesia      YFA Island Wide League   1st       N/A            N/A           177      Won Title!
2025/26     AS Wetr        New Caledonia      Division Honneur       1st      Winners        Semis          433      Won Double
2026/27    Central Utd      New Zealand        ASB Premiership       2nd      Winners       Winners        1,057     Won Double

Edited by B.W.G

So close that you could have won the ASB Premiership, but you made it through to win the OFC Champions League and ASB Football League!:D Hopefully, you'll get the league championship before moving to Papura New Guinea. Keep up the good work!:)

Now, can I see the progress of your former teams in Fiji, Kiribati and Micronesia. Also, the national teams for Fiji, Kiribati and Micronesia. I hope that your former club in Fiji may get lucky again... or not?

With my transfer activity during pre-season,if we can hit the ground running then I will be pretty confident that we can win the title (and the ASB Charity Cup!) by quite a bit.

Ba and Fiji

c5UrrKt.png?1

I left in 2022 so they have won three league titles,three Battle of Giants,three Fiji Association Cup Tournament,four Champion vs Champion and four Inter-District Championships as well as coming runner up in the OFC Champions League in 2024.

PnHPgm1.png?1

No real surprises in the Fijia National Team as they either play in Fiji or New Zealand,Nitan Ali who plays for Central does have the potential to go and play in Europe but for a lower second division side.

Tamana and Kiribati

QmzmY2j.png?1

No cup competitions in Kiribati,disappointing to see they have only added one league title since I left as we were extremely dominant.

TeWqgd9.png?1

No real surprises that all the players have stayed to play in Kiribati,don't think it be worth moving abroad unless it was an exceptional talent.

Weloy Strikers and Micronesia

i8Cduhe.png?1

Left in 2025 so to see them win the next two league titles is always good and shows our domination.Like Kiribati,there are no cup competitions.

9M6NJeT.png?1

Weloy Strikers provide quite a few of the national team,like Kiribati in which all the players play for teams in the country and that it will take an exceptional talent to leave the country.

pDpKJi7.jpg

Central Utd - ASB Premiership - Pre-Season - 2027/28

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers

Eleven players came in,eight players for the first team and three for the future as I added much needed depth to the team.Despite all of the transfers in,I still have £12.53k p.w available for wages.

Pre-Season Fixtures

7LUBSoF.png?1

Just used friendlies against smaller teams for fitness and cohesion purposes,doesn't look too bad at first glance but will take a couple of months to see where we're really at.

The Team

s1JPiRD.png?1

Key Players

BaNwSjZ.png?1

oqpmYO9.png?1

zk5pDPE.png?2

vfvSdtf.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We are now in a really good position to win the league as I've managed to get a number of players in who have helped strengthen the team so we can challenge on all fronts and will be able to rotate them when necessary.There has been one weird thing that has occurred,the media have predicted us to come first while my board think top half so it is weird to see two completely different goals.Don't have the finances to improve anything to help future dominance form the club after I leave but we do have a good squad in which I managed to get in two El Salvador internationals thanks to their agent offering them to us when my Director of Football signed a El Salvador u20 player so that was awesome.

My aim is to win the league and the charity cup as I need to win them before I can move onto Papua New Guinea.I will be might upset if we don't win the league as we have one of the strongest teams in the league.However,we will need a good start as Auckland City tend to be slow starters so building a big lead at the top will be vital to any success.I also only have this season left on my contract so it would be great to go out on a high and win a second successive OFC Champions League.

August 2027

Fixtures

xgkaNmN.png?1

League Table

CAhAdvf.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well the big talking point for me was the 2-0 win over Auckland City as that meant we won the ASB Charity Cup and is one less competition we have to win.As for the league,a perfect month is what we got even if we got it in the most bull**** of ways.As you can see,we scored in the 6th minute of injury time to win the game against Hawkes's Bay,two things to note,one was Hawkes bay equalized in the third minute of injury time and the second is that there was only supposed to be four minutes!We sit top by two points and that is because Auckland City and Tasman drew 0-0 in their last meeting.

September is a quieter month,we kick the month off with a friendly to help keep the players who are not on international duty fit.After that,we have a two legged affair in the ASB Football Cup against Halswell Utd as we begin our campaign to retain the trophy.In the league,we face off against Hamilton Wanderers and Eastern Suburbs,we are more than capable of winning them both but as you can see,it is already a three horse race so winning is vital.

September 2027

Fixtures

3lcXyHZ.png?1

League Table

so06FiU.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another month,another dodgy decision in game.This time it came in our defeat against Hamilton Wanderers,it was 1-1 when we had a man sent off,we then scored to go 2-1 up,we then had another man sent off but we couldn't keep the lead as we lost 3-2 in the last eight minutes.To top it off,the second red card has been rescinded by the FA as it was harsh,we were robbed by the ref!Other then that one match,everything went smoothly as we beat Eastern Suburbs and destroyed Halswell Utd.

October is a big month as we face both Tasman and Auckland City in the league,I would love to win them both as it would put us in a really good position.We also face Canterbury Utd and Hawke's Bay,Canterbury Utd is a tough game as they sit in 4th but Hawke's Bay are one of the weaker teams as there only points came against Birkenhead!We also have two cup games against Kapiti Coast Utd in the ASB Football Cup,we have already scored 19 goals in the competition so our record of 45 from last season could be under threat if we can hit double digits again.My aim is to be top by the end of the month.

October 2027

Fixtures

TAejxdB.png?1

League Table

2s1riSI.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This was complete perfection,won every league game,absolutely dominated out ASB Football Cup tie with a 11-0 aggregate victory.Only conceded one goal in all competitive action which is very impressive but no surprise that one goal came against Auckland City.We now have a six point lead a the top which is a good start as we have only dropped points once this season.We've been able to be more consistent and stronger due to being able to rotate which was a problem for us last season.The only downside is one of my midfielders,James Wells has thrown a fit as I wouldn't sell him to Brisbane Roar for £36.5k,it would have been stupid as I paid £30k for him in the first place and he is worth £45k,I have dropped him from the team for the time being due to him constantly dropping less than 6.0 in training.

Five games in November in which four are in the league and one in the ASB Cup.In the league we face Waitakere Utd,Southern,Birkenhead Utd and Eastern Suburbs.We have done really well so far so I'd probably expect something completely unexpected like dropping points to Birkenhead Utd or Eastern Suburbs.We can afford a slip up and still be top but I really don't want to lose any points advantage till the new year.As for the ASB Football Cup,we play our first leg in the fourth round against Roslyn-Wakari,we have scored 30 goals so far in the competition and the record is 45 set by ourselves last season,hopefully we can get even more here.

November 2027

Fixtures

ceggbyn.png?1

League Table

KJydfd1.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Results wise ,it was another perfect month as we won evvery game.Performance wise,we were very luck as both our 2-1 wins were scrappy and we completely switched off after going 4-0 up against Waitakere Utd,we are lucky it ended 4-2 as they could have easily scored more if they could finish their chances off.The only comfortable games we had were against Eastern Suburbs and Roslyn-Wakari,Eastern Suburbs were never at the races in the match and Roslyn-Wakari are a very weak side,I probably could have fielded some of mu u19's and reserves and still won.Now have an eight point lead at the top so that is a big plus as we have some tough games coming up.

December sees us play five games at the moment,I''m saying at the moment as we play ES Tunis in the Club World Cup playoff so if we win that then we will get more games to play in a short space of time.We play the second leg of the ASB Football Cup against Roslyn-Wakari,we are through as there is no way in hell they can overturn a 12 goal deficit.In the league,it is a tough month as we face Tasman,Auckland City and Hamilton Wanderers.Tasman and Auckland will always be tough game as they are two of the biggest teams in New Zealand.Hamilton Wanderers will be a bit trickier as they sacked their manager during their month and their new one as won his first two games in charge so that could give him some momentum,they are also the only team to beat me so far this season! 

December 2027

Fixtures

bQrC3sY.png?1

League Table

CqnBjRl.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The highlight of the month was our impressive performance in the Club World Cup where we made it to the final beating River Plate along the way before we lost 5-0 to PSG which saw Kylian Mbappe net four goals against us,even though we lost,it was amazing for our balance as we netted over £3 million in prize money an TV money so that was massive for us.On the domestic front.we only won one of our three league games which is a blow for us as we lost to both Auckland City and Tasman as the gap is now down to five points with us now having played half the season.We also finished off Roslyn-Wakari with a 9-0 victory which gave us a 21-0 aggregate win.

January is a busy month as we play seven games.We face Miramar Rangers in the ASB Football Cup,I expect us to win that as they are a non ASB Premiership team so we should be able to beat them quite easily.In the league,we need to step it up after dropping points in December.We will face Canterbury Utd,Waitakere Utd,Southern,Hawke's Bay and Birkenhead Utd.In and ideal world,we'd win them all and sit comfortably at the top but both Canterbury and Waitakere are both dangerous teams so we will need to be careful,my aims is to go unbeaten in the month even if it means getting a couple of draws.

January 2028

Fixtures

CqnBjRl.png?1

League Table

7IKW3xz.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Won every league game,extended our lead at the top due to Auckland and Tasman messing up.We also made progress in the cup as we beat Miramar Rangers 8-0 on aggregate to move onto the quarter finals.To sum this month up,I will use the word perfection as nothing went wrong.

February sees us play seven games.We face Hamilton Wanderers and Eastern Suburbs in the league,if we can win them both then we will be withing touching distance of the league.We have a two legged affair in the ASB Football Cup against Southern,this is our first real test in the competition this season but I'm confident we can progress.Finally we'll kick off our OFC Champions League campaign as we face off against Henderson Eels,Toti City Dwellers and a former club of mine in the shape of Cook Island side Puaikura,if we don't win three from three then I will be extremely disappointed.

February 2028

Fixtures

uFAD5o5.png?1

League Table

y84aXbx.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Just the one blip in the league as we beat Easter Suburbs easily but lost to Hamilton Wanderers,the loss was down to very poor finishing so I was annoyed with my attackers.The ASB Football cup saw two solid performances against Southern as we went through 5-1 on aggregate.The OFC Champions League went as expected as we topped,the interesting thing to note is that the person who scored Puaikura's goal is a striker that I signed when I was manager!

March is a month of hell,we face both Tasman and Auckland City in the league which is tough but we also face Canterbury Utd and Waitakere Utd.My aim for the league is to bbeat Tasman,Canterbury and Waitakere.We also play in the ASB Football Cup semi-final where we face Auckland City in a two legged affair,bit unfortunate with the draw as the other semi is Canterbury Utd vs Birkenhead Utd.The cup isn't priority so I am not actually bother about winning it.

March 2028

Fixtures

cdBHm5A.png?1

League Table

Wy67al6.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Due to international call ups,there was fixture rearrangements which has meant the league game against Auckland City was moved to April.Won all three games in March as we now have one hand on the title and barring a massive downturn in form we should win the title with ease.We also managed to knockout Auckland City in the ASB Football Cup with a 3-1 aggregate win as we moved on to the final,I wasn't even bothered by Auckland's goal as it came in the third minute of injury time.

April is a bit more difficult due to possible fixture arrangement,this will depend on the OFC Champions League fixture against Suva,if we win that then we will play two more games.At the moment,the first leg of the ASB Football Cup against Canterbury Utd is to be played on the 30th.We also have seven league games to play (at the moment!) in which I fully expect us to have been crowned champions by the end of the month as we have a pretty easy run in at the start of the month.

April 2028

Fixtures

8DZYV6K.png?1

League Table

0ALRfbu.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Despite winning ten out off eleven games during April,my players are feeling it now,by the end of the month I had five players who sit at 90% or above for fitness,my first choice left winger is out for the season and my fullbacks are in need of a rest.It was a near perfect month with the only downside being Tasman breaking my no draw streak in the league,we also have  one hand on the ASB Football Cup as we go into the second leg with a 5-1 advantage.The most impressive match was the 3-0 win over Auckland as we were reduced to ten men after Four minutes was sent off for a professional foul with his first challenge of the game!

Just four games of the season left and three of those are against Auckland City!We finish our league campaign with a home fixture against Auckland,we also have the second leg of the ASB Football Cup which will take a lot for us to lose from the position we are in.We finish the season off with two more games against Auckland City in the OFC Champions League final,the two biggest clubs in Oceania going at it to claim Oceania's biggest prize!Can't think of a better way to end the season.

May 2028

Fixtures

bqO0CRk.png?1

League Table

jn5bfoy.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

No surprise really that we finished off Canterbury Utd to win the ASB Football Cup with a 6-1 aggregate win.As for the other three games,all I am going to say is Auckland City's new manager is absolutely useless,he has a 29% win rate from 17 games in charge! Beating Auckland City with a manager that incapable actually left me feeling hollow,I wasn't even bothered about the second leg draw as we weren't challenged during the game.

New Zealand is now complete so once I have done the end of season report,we will be moving on to Papua New Guinea and from looking at that league,there's a top four then there is the rest of them!

pDpKJi7.jpg

Central Utd - ASB Premiership - End of Season - 2027/28

Transfers

Twelve players bought in,eight for the first team and four for the youth team.My aim was to strengthen the first team to give us more depth so I didn't have the same problems as last season.

Season Review

Competitions

ASB Premiership - Winners

BuOvOev.png?1

Believe it or not,it was relatively close until Auckland City sacked their manager and screwed everything up as they finished up 32 points behind us (they were 13 when they sacked their manager).Tasman fell to the wayside pretty early on so it was only ever going to be a two horse race until we were gifted it.We did set new records for point,goals,wins and least draws so it was a very impressive season for ourselves.

OFC Champions League - Winners

HdprkTn.png?1

Relatively easy run to the final as we topped the group with a 100% record,beat Suva 5-0 in the quarter finals which was then followed by a 6-2 aggregate victory over AS Dragon in the semi-finals.The final was disappointingly one sided as Auckland were never at the races and I never felt threatened,it was like I was facing a shell of their former selves,AS Dragon in the semis gave me more of a challenge than Auckland!

Club World Cup -  Runners Up

UorjZAA.png?1

Fantastic run in the competition in which I never expected to do anything.Overcame Es Tunis on penalties in the playoff before two goals in five minutes was enough to see off Monterrey in the Quarter-Finals.The semi-finals saw us somehow win 1-0 against River Plate which is without a doubt my biggest victory in terms of opposition faced.As for the final,well it was that one sided that I now know how teams feel when I do it to them domestically.

ASB Football Cup - Winners

PE8ml8e.png?1

We strolled into the quarter-finals while scoring fifty nine goals in the process while conceding zero.The Quarter-finals was our first real test where we faced Southern,it was a hard fought 5-1 aggregate victory so credit to Southern where it's due as they gave it a good go.The semi-final wasn't really that thrilling as we beat Auckland 3-1 on aggregate,it was at this point I found Auckland to be disappointing,they were that disappointing,I wasn't even bothered about them scoring late on in the second leg.The final was a easy first leg and a difficult second leg,if Canterbury had played the first leg like they did the second then it would have been a lot close than a 6-1 aggregate victory in my favour.

ASB Charity Cup - Winners

vQ8WlvD.png?1

Back in the day when Auckland were a challenge.Even though we won 2-0,it was extremely close and I will put our success down to our finishing as that was the only area we were outright better than Auckland in.

Players,Stats and Awards

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

YRz8tiE.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Very impressive season which saw us do a clean sweep domestically as well as win the OFC Champions League (probably my last one!).We were dominant in pretty much everything but we were pretty much handed the league due to a dodgy decision from Auckland's Chairman as they appointed a dud of a manager.Was very impressed with how we handled the better sides in the Club World Cup although that defeat by PSG was a taste of my own medicine and I can't say I liked it as PSG probably could have hit double figures.I will be leaving Central in a very good position both on and off the field,there is a very good squad at the club and the club are in a good financial position and actually agreed to improve training and youth facilities so I won't be surprised to see them win more in the future.

From next season,we will be moving to Papua New Guinea to try and win everything which is just the league,doesn't sound difficult but the league is split into two groups,the top four sides and everyone else.How quick it will go will depend on who I get to manage as if I get one of the top sides it could be quick,if not then it could be 2-4 seasons before I get it done as I will have to build them up,strengthen them and then attempt to win the league while attempting to keep players as they are either on amateur contracts or are on non contracts at semi professional clubs.This may be quite difficult.

Season        Team            Natio n             Division          League     Cup        Continental     Avg.Att      Notes
2018/19    Vaitogi Utd     American Samoa      Senior League 2       1st      Winners         N/A           417      Promotion
2019/20    Vaitogi Utd     American Samoa      Senior League 1       1st      Winners     Group Stage       405      Won Double
2020/21     PuaiKura        Cook Islands    Cook Islands Round Cup   1st      Winners      Quarters         194      Won Double
2021/22        Ba              Fiji            National League       1st      Winners     Runners-Up        495      Quintuple!
2022/23      Tamana          Kiribati       National Championship    1st       N/A            N/A           351      Won Title!
2023/24   Weloy Strikers    Micronesia      Pohnpei Premier League   1st       N/A            N/A           121      Promotuion
2024/25   Weloy STrikers    Micronesia      YFA Island Wide League   1st       N/A            N/A           177      Won Title!
2025/26     AS Wetr        New Caledonia      Division Honneur       1st      Winners        Semis          433      Won Double
2026/27    Central Utd      New Zealand        ASB Premiership       2nd      Winners       Winners        1,057     Won Double
2027/28    Central Utd      New Zealand        ASB Premiership       1st      Winners       Winners        1,101     Quadruple!

Edited by B.W.G

The Chapter of Central Utd and New Zealand come to a close

5l8c2Ph.png?1

yv9sEOs.png?1

When a chapter ends,then another will open and this one brings us a new continent....North America!

Edited by B.W.G

R6cFRV7.jpg

Oceania - Papua New Guinea

s31TYvx.jpg

Papua New Guinea, officially the Independent State of Papua New Guinea, is an Oceanian country that occupies the eastern half of the island of New Guinea and its offshore islands in Melanesia, a region of the southwestern Pacific Ocean north of Australia. Its capital, located along its southeastern coast, is Port Moresby. The western half of New Guinea forms the Indonesian provinces of Papua and West Papua.

Polandball Chronicles

Papua New Guineaball is a country in Oceania that lives on the eastern half of the island of Papua and its offshore islands in Melanesia. He is bordered by Indonesia-icon Indonesiaball to the West, and Solomon Islands-icon Solomon Islandsball to the East, and is located just North across the Ocean to Australia-icon Australiaball. The country is divided into 22 provinces, including the capital Port Moresby-icon Port Moresbyball located in the National Capital District, giving him a total area of around 463,000 square km

7jAsRmj.jpg

Morobe Utd - National Soccer League - Club Takeover - 2028/29

a6B1YcY.png?1

Just had to laugh at the date I finally got an offer.

The Takeover

9gRugu0.png?1

Club background

0SJP5QO.png?1

The Team

sdp6YYt.png?1

Takeover Position

5UwFf1L.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This has turned out to be a weird league,originally when I loaded it,there were two semi-pro teams and eight amateur teams,now there are eight semi-pro teams and two amaeteur.This is also the first time that I have  not been able to walk straight into a job as there were none available.First look is that I need to get some backroom staff in as we are lacking massively in that area.I do have a chief scout and I have offered someone a scouting job so that will help me identify targets.I do have a reserve squad manager,if I don't find an assistant manager then I will offer him the assistant manager job as he is capable of doing so.

Squad wise it doesn't look too bad as I can field a fill starting eleven in the positions I want but we are lacking depth to the team hence why I'm bringing scouts in to help me fill the team.I do have a transfer budget of £12.5k and a wage budget of £3,329 p.w (currently spending £529 p.w).I also have the toughest first game possible as I'll face the top dogs Hekari Utd,at least I've got nine days to prepare myself.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2028

Fixtures

i8ktHCf.png?1

League Table

GRDjZde.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Only in charge for one game and it was an epic encounter against top side Hekari Utd as we ran out 5-3 winners,it was 2-2 at half time and the entertainment carried on into the second half.The win moved us up to seventh but it's a good sign as it will help increase our morale.

Four games in January,two against top teams and two against bottom teams.For the top teams,we face Toti City Dwellers and Momase,with these two teams,if we have struggled to strengthen the team,I wouldn't mind a draw against either one.For the bottom teams,we face off against Southern Strikers and Buang,these two are must win games as I want to keep morale high and winning is the way to do that,if we can win these two then we could move top 5th which would be more than acceptable this season.

January 2029

Fixtures

3pKOier.png?1

League Table

DNicSZe.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

January saw goals,goals,goals and some more goals,we scored twenty two while conceding eight,with stats like those,you would have thought we had played more than four games.With those four wins,we have moved up to fifth but it's still pretty close so one bad result can completely change things.During the month we bought in Troy McDonald,Jerry Inai,Alwin Wasi and Philip Mondo.All of these have helped strengthen the starting XI,Inai and Wasi actually play for the national team so they are brilliant signings for us.

Four games in February,we face off against Yamaros,Madang FC,PNG Utd and PS Utd.All these teams are right around us.Yamaros,Madang FV and PNG Utd are right on our tails while we are right behind PS Utd.All these games are winnable and our attack is more than capable in doing so but our defence is still dodgy so I will be going with the approach of I'll score more goals than you.If PS Utd are still doing poorly come end of the season then I wouldn't be surprised to see their manager sacked.During the month I will be trying to sign Mobiha as his contract at Madang FC is up at the end of the season so he would be an excellent signing for next season.

February 2029

Fixtures

zRrQbU0.png?1

League Table

5JA3HeC.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Can't stop us now,we're having such a good time.Four wins from four,twenty more goals scored while we conceded five so it was a very impressive month.I was actually stunned by the 6-2 victor over PS Utd as they have the third strongest team in the league.I've only made minor changes so far with regards to the four players I've bought in,there has been no luck on the staffing front so it shows you how much this team was under performing with the previous manager.

Three games in March,we face Southern Strikers,Hekari Utd and Toti City Dwellers.If we can win all three of these games then I'd say we have an outside shot of the title as we are currently fifteen points behind with eight games to go,nothing beats optimism.

March 2029

Fixtures

SwKRMXT.png?1

League Table

8kbM3bG.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Title challenge is now officially over as we lost to Hekari who showed why they have been the dominant force in recent seasons.Brilliant wins over Southern Strikers and Toti City Dwellers as the latter victory has put us in contention for a second place finish which would be fantastic considering where we were when I took over.The defeat has helped me as I now know I need another centre back and a right back and we will be difficult to beat.

April brings us four games,we will face off against Buang,Yamaros,Momase and Madang Utd.I want us to win,win,win and win as that will help us massively by possibly securing us second as the higher we finish then we may receive a small boost in reputation which could help us by securing better players in the future.

Edited by B.W.G

April 2029

Fixtures

cABrzBs.png?1

League Table

YXVALQm.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Three wins and a draw was enough for us to secure second place which is fantastic,since I took over we have shown title winning form,shame I didn't actually takeover till the end of December.Going to be honest,we were lucky to get that draw as Yamaros went 2-1 up in the 87th minute so we fortunate to capitalize on a defensive mistake in injury time.During the month,we added Brian Wangu to the ranks as our first choice right back to give us a bit more depth in that position as we only had one player capable of playing right back.Still need a couple of more players but we do have time to get them in as I only want the best as there are very few quality players at this level.

Just the one game in May as we finish up our league campaign against PNG Utd.Maybe next season will be ours for the title!

May 2029

Fixture

gUxlbFm.png?1

League Table

LQN5P8e.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

That was the best way to end a season as we gave a thumping to a team in front of our own fans.

There will be a quick end of season review as there isn't much to talk about.If we can get the right signings then we can win the title next season,that's not a prediction,that's a spoiler.