Taking Over the World - Making North American Football Relevant

B.W.G

October 2048

Fixtures

8n1TknH.png?1

League Table

l0hNOHC.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up nine points from twelve but we dropped further behind Pirates as the gap is now at three points.We had a scrappy win against Bandits but won the other two matches no problem and we actually went back to top of the table as Pirates drew with Assassins.As for the loss itself,it hurt as it was a pretty close game and I don't think 3-1 is a fair reflection of the game.We made one signing as we signed a goalkeeper who was rated at 4* CA and is Belize's number 2 keeper (1st choice is 17 and plays for Pirates!).

Three games in November as we play Police Utd,Assassins and Wagiya.My aim is to win all three games to keep the pressure up on Pirates in case they slip up.I would love to go another 15 game unbeaten run but that seems unlikely at the minute.I do believe we are near enough certain for a top two finish as we have a ten point advantage over third with 17 games left to play but there is such a gulf in quality between ourselves and the bottom six that I would be surprised if we finished outside the top two.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

November 2048

Fixtures

WqH9jzi.png?1

League Table

OkcKp9Q.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not a lot I can say as we won all three games but we are still three points behind Pirates which for me is the first time I've had a 78% win rate and not be in first place!We have pretty much guaranteed second place barring a massive downturn in form as we have a eighteen point lead over third with fourteen games to go.Can't really do any better at the minute so all I can do is keep the pressure up on Pirates.

Four games in December as we play Bandits,Defence Force,Pirates and Freedom Fighters.I really need to win all four games to turn up the pressure up on Pirates but they are the strongest team by far (currently 85 unbeaten in the league!) so it is remarkable that we are still this close to them.No real aim as I am pretty confident we can keep up our current form.

December 2048

Fixtures

J4SkLTB.png?1

League Table

OATitCv.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up ten points from twelve which was a brilliant return as we kept the gap between Pirates and ourselves to three points with ten games left to play.The only downside to the month was the draw against Pirates as we were so close to ending Pirates unbeaten run as they equalized in the 90th minute as we were unable to withstand their onslaught.Other than that one game,everything went smoothly.

Three games in January as we face Police Utd,Wagiya and Bandits.We've done brilliantly so far and all I can hope is to carry on that form to keep the pressure on Pirates as we are now starting to run out of games and we are still in second.Can't believe I have a win rate of 77% and we only sit in second due to Pirates being slightly better!

January 2049

Fixtures

mPVaaXW.png?1

League Table

R2rs7P4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

That was the best month I could hope for as we won all three games as Pirates messed up with a loss against Defence Force and a draw against Assassins.This means we have moved to the top of the table with a lead of two points with seven games left.This has been really pleasing but it isn't over by a long shot!

Two games  in February as we play Assassins and Defence Force,normally I'd be pretty confident but these are the two teams who took points off Pirates last month so that has give me something to worry about.I really would like to win both games but that is due to something happening which could set me back if it goes ahead.This thing is an Assassins takeover,normally looking at past takeovers it has been Local Businessman but Assassins have a consortium looking at them,the only other team to have a consortium purchase was Pirates and look how they have been!

February 2049

Fixtures

95MyvmL.png?1

League Table

S4IVudb.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Definitely not how I wanted things to go as our attackers had a massive off day against Assassins as we lost but we did recover well against Defence Force.Winning one out of two games means we have slipped to second as we sit one point behind Pirates with five games to go.On the takeover front,Assassins takeover bid failed and now Pirates and Defence Force could be having takeovers in the near future so things could get interesting in the near future!

Just the one game in March and it is probably our biggest of the season.We are away from home at Pirates,if we lose this then the title will be out of hands,draw will keep things as they are with less games to play and a win will see us in the driving seat.Don't think there could be a bigger game in a one game month for us!

March 2049

Fixture

AXYQSzt.png?1

League Table

kIpIgwR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Just the one game played against Pirates and it ended up being a draw so thing stayed the same for the most part,the only thing different is that we now have four games left to play instead of five and they one point gap is still there.I am slightly disappointed as I think we could have won that game even with the sending off.

Two games in April as we face Freedom Fighters and Police Utd.The title is now out of our hands so all we can do is win our game to keep the pressure on Pirates.We need to win all four games and hope Pirates slip up once to claim the title!

April 2049

Fixtures

30ZWORn.png?1

League Table

4nHqbQp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We won one out of two games which is pretty much a disaster as Pirates won both of their games so we are now four points behind with two games to go.We really messed up against Freedom Fighters as we squandered chance after chance as we lost the game and pretty much the title with that result.Was a good recovery win against Police Utd as we stayed in the title race for now.

Two games left in May as we face Wagiya and Assassins.The title race is out of our hands as Pirates would need to drop five points and we would need to win both games to win the title.All I can hope is that we go out on a high!

May 2049

Fixtures

tLJUgqG.png?1

League Table

7088SZa.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We did what we had to do and won both games as we finished the season on a high.Unfortunately for us,Pirates also won both games as they clinched a 16th successive title as they finished a head of ourselves.I am actually pretty stunned as a 75% win rate isn't good enough to win us the title in which I have won other titles with less than 75%!

End of Season update to follow then onto season 2 in Belieze as I try to figure out what I need to do to overthrow Pirates.

4Gzzqn5.jpg

Real Verdes FC - Premier League of Belize - End of Season - 2048/49

Season Review

Transfers - Released

No players were released and five left to join new clubs although two of those were from before I took over.We bought in fifteen players,the majority were first teams but some were hot prospects as we looked to close the gap on Pirates.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Premier League of Belize - Runners-Up

1OYACHB.png?1

We did really well as we finished second place which means we met the expectations off the board and also lived up to the media's prediction.We only finished four points behind Pirates who won their 16th successive title,this was the closet finish since 2044/45 when Pirates finished two points ahead of Verdes and Defence Force.We set a new record for goals scored but I don't think we will be getting near the highest points total as that stands at 80 points,we also set a new record for worse discipline with 112 yellow cards and 3 red cards!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - AwardsBest XI

The Team

WPFxPbi.png?1

Erwin Ruano

Roosevelt Atkinson

Orlando Vargas

Robert Trapp

Manager's Thoughts

Well this is unusual,for the first time since I hit North America,I failed to win the league!This has now fired me up as I want the title and the team I have to take it off have won it sixteen times in a row.To make this even more of a challenge,Assassins finally had their takeover and it was a consortium so that could make the challenge slightly more difficult if they get the funding.This also brings me excitement that the league is slowly starting to develop with teams getting more financial backing so it could get even more challenging in the future if we don't win the league next season.Overall I was pleased with this season as finishing four points behind gives me belief that we could win the title next season if we make the right signings so it is a case of keep an eye on the Belize national team to see if any player become available.

Finances are a bit of a sore subject for me as we currently have £17k in the bank and we are losing money every month so it's not like I can improve anything with regards to facilities unless we get some massive investment.Luckily we do have a sponsorship deal expire soon so hopefully we can get more than £4.4k a season as that will help us stay afloat.To further curse my fiances,we can only offer non-contracts to players despite having a wage budget of £10,935 p.w (currently spending £1,024 p.w).Going to look at Belize national team for any frees as well as see who Pirates let go as the have the best facilities in the country,this could help with strength in depth which we could need from next season.

Season        Team            Nation               Division          League      Cup        Continental     Avg.Att      Notes
2038/39     Kicks Utd        Anguilla         Senior Male League      1st       Semis           N.A           534      Won Title!
2039/40     Kicks Utd        Anguilla         Senior Male League      1st      Winners          N.A           594      Won Treble
2040/41   West Ham (ATG)  Antigua + Barbuda     Second Division       1st        N.A            N.A           308      Won Title!
2041/42   West Ham (ATG)  Antigua + Barbuda   USL Professional Div.   1st        N.A            N.A           326      Won Title!
2042/43   West Ham (ATG)  Antigua + Barbuda    D/R.S Premier Div.     1st        N.A            N.A           465      Won Title!
2043/44     SV Dakota         Aruba              Div. Di Honor        1st      Winners          N.A           905      Won Double
2044/45    Baha Juniors      Bahamas           BFA Senior League      1st     2nd Round         N.A           746      Won Title!
2045/46    Baha Juniors      Bahamas           BFA Senior League      1st      Winners          N.A           772      Won Double
2046/47     W.Compton        Barbados          BFA Division One       1st       Semis           N.A           245      Promotion
2047/48     W.Compton        Barbados         Digicel Prem.League     1st      Winners          N.A           415      Won Double
2048/49     Verdes FC         Belize         Prem League of Belize    2nd        N.A            N.A           562      Runners-Up

Edited by B.W.G

4Gzzqn5.jpg

Real Verdes FC - Premier League of Belize - Pre-Season - 2049/50

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

No players released and only one left the club to join another club as we managed to keep pretty much the entire team.Two players came in and they play DM/MC and MC/AMC as we were light in those areas.We should be able to match last seasons performance or even go one further and win the title.

Pre-Season Fixtures

TZPd17p.png?1

We played three games against Guatemalan sides and one against a weaker side from Belize.We didn't do too bad with three wins and a loss and the players have regained their match fitness with one exception as one of my MC's got injured in the game against Juventus (BLZ).

The Team

DPmQA5G.png?1

xGRE2gj.png?1

RyHIqzc.png?1

3NQ8xmz.png?1

YLhP8Tf.png?1

hvFfIZ4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a pretty quick pre-season as we only made two signings with one player leaving.We are predicted second and the board want us to challenge at the top again but I feel we could go one further and actually win the title.With so little signings having been made,the cohesion is already at a good level so that won't be too much trouble and we should hit the floor running.Nothing really to note in Belize other than Assassins have gone professional and can offer ridiculous wages (they're paying a player £700 p.w!) so they could be one to watch this season but they've not really strengthened that much and we don't have the money to improve the facilities so there as  been no action on that.

Although if we do win the league then I will be having at least one more season in Belize because of this...

ZJNvQQU.png?1

Belize has been up and down the competition rankings as they mainly lose the spot to the Dominican Republic,so if we do win then I want a shot at the Champions  League for the first time in North America.

Edited by B.W.G

August 2049

Fixtures

34y185i.png?1

League Table

8kRfzZ8.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect start as we won all four games to sit top of the table on goal difference with the other team to win all four four being Pirates to no one surprise.We did lose two players in August as Victor Robinson (back up DM/MC) and Nahjib Tatae (4th choice DC) left the club to join Police Utd.From the early signs,this could be similar to last season with ourselves and Pirates top then a big gap to third place.

September brings us three games as we play Defence Force,Pirates and Assassins.Don't think we could have had a harder run of fixtures as we play 2nd,3rd and 4th in the same month.My aim is to go unbeaten and either be top or right on the tail of whoever is first.I think we have got a  good enough squad to do this and I think this could be the time to finally break my duck against Pirates.

Finally, I have caught up to your current season, which is very intense right here! Pirates have been the champions for a long time, but I hope that everything will be fine for the Verdes to win the title for the first time. Good luck in this season!:)

1 hour ago, sherwinriga said:

Finally, I have caught up to your current season, which is very intense right here! Pirates have been the champions for a long time, but I hope that everything will be fine for the Verdes to win the title for the first time. Good luck in this season!:)

It is very intense indeed but I am pleased to announce that we finally got one over Pirates!I also hope everything will be fine in our quest for the title but so far so good.

September  2049

Fixtures

4bsfktb.png?1

League Table

cHZKOWx.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another perfect month as we won all three games which sees us move three points clear of Pirates at the top of the table.Just 21 games left to play so there is still plenty of work to do.Highlight of the month was actually the Defence Force match as we scored both goals while we only had nine men as we were reduced to nine men after 39 minutes.As for transfers,one in and one out as Orlando Jones (new 2nd choice DL) came in as previous 2nd choice DL Frank Menzies left to join Assassins on a £1k p/w deal!

Four games in October as we play Wagiya,Police Utd,Freedom Fighters and Bandits,my only aim is to carry on with our current form and to finish the month at the top of the table.I am starting to worry a bit with regards to transfers as Assassins have started being interested in our better players and with them being able to offer up to £1k p.w ,this along with the fact I can only offer non-contracts as me concerned that players may start to turn their head towards them,luckily their new signings don't have the cohesion so we should be alright in the short term.

Edited by B.W.G

October 2049

Fixtures

GYuPp8a.png?1

League Table

6bcuJ8Q.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This juggernaut keeps on going as we recorded another perfect month with four wins from four.We're now ten points ahead of Pirates with seventeen games left to play so we're not in a bad position but I'd be happier if we had less games to play.If we can keep up with this current form then I don't see why we can't go unbeaten.

November sees us play three times as we face Defence Force,Pirates and Assassins.Whatever happens we will be top of the table come the end of November due to the points difference but I would like to carry on going unbeaten.Both Pirates and Defence Force have been pretty decent but Assassins have been a bit of a joke with the money they have available and should be higher up than what they are.Also hope Ruano can carry on his impressive scoring form which currently sits on 20 goals in 11 appearances!

November 2049

Fixtures

GxM4nBE.png?1

League Table

ZtynslN.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well our winning run is over but it wasn't Pirates who did it but it was Defence Force who ended our run,they hit back the net three times from eight shots as we lost.On the plus side,we still remain ten points clear at the top as we beat Pirates and we are now only fourteen games from the title.We lost Edmund Briceño (4th choice MC) to Assassins,I did want to keep him but Assassins offered him £1.1k p.w which is something we cannot offer!

Three games in December,in this time we will face Police Utd,Freedom Fighters and Wagiya.We are doing really and my aim is to ensure this carries on as I want the title this season as this could could be our best chance to do it as Pirates have been below par and Assassins despite all the money given to players have been way off the pace.Time to end 2049 on a high!

December 2049

Fixtures

MOvYBOa.png?1

League Table

KybgrzR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Three wins from three gave us the perfect month as we moved fourteen points clear of Pirates with eleven games to.Talking of Pirates,they actually sacked their manager after winning one and drawing two in December,we were offered an interview but I turned it down.If the league was closer than this,then I probably would of considered.Good news in transfers as we didn't have to bring anyone in as we didn't lose anyone so that keeps the cohesion higher.

We kick 2050 off with four games in January,in that time we will face Bandits,Defence Force,Pirates and Police Utd.This is a proper mix of lawful and unlawful in which I am hoping we can keep our form going as this will put us in a stronger position with regards to the title chase.Still a bit nervous with regards to Assassins as they have started have an interest in Ruano and we can't match their wages,if we lose him then it will be a massive blow as he has 26 goals in the league so far.

January 2050

Fixtures

qleempq.png?1

League Table

WgMyKb4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We kicked off a new decade as we picked up ten points from twelve and moved fifteen ahead of Pirates with seven games to.Despite going unbeaten in January,we were far from convincing as we narrowly won three of the games,it's not too concerning but it may be worth looking to see if complacency is starting to take affect.Only one bit of transfer news to note,Joseph Vargas (3rd choice DC) actually turned down a probably pay rise at Assassins to stay at the club.

Two games in February in which we will face Assassins and Wagiya.We could win the title if we win both games and Pirates drop points but with the way we played in January,I wouldn't be too surprised to see us drop points as we are starting to struggle.No real aim,it's just a case of keep doing what we're doing.

February 2050

Fixtures

T3J1S6X.png?1

League Table

LM7vKpx.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins from two in February has left us on the verge of winning the title as we are fifteen points clear with five left play.The majority of players struggled against Assassins with the exception of Ruano who has pretty much carried us this season,he has scored 31 goals in 21 games but he is now playing at pretty much his limit as far as development goes.As for the Wagiya,it was as straight forward as it looked as we took advantage of numbers before having our own player sent off.

Just the one game in March and it's against our rivals Bandits.The scenario is simple for this game,win or draw and we are champions and there is nothing anyone can do about that.I said I was going to stay but with how quick we turned this round,I will be leaving at the end of the season to move onto a new country but from then on I will be adding a challenge to the save.

March 2050

Fixture

Cl9OgXw.png?1

League Table

G0aEiZv.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We've gone and done it,we've won the title with four games to spare.It was a very one sided game,my only problem with the match was the finishing as we failed to convert the majority of our shots.I also want to complain about the referee as we managed to get four more yellow cards than Bandits despite making one less foul!

Three games in April as we face Freedom Fighters,Defence Force and Pirates.With our players being on a high at this moment in time,I don't see why we can't keep on the current form and try to hit 79 points which believe it or not isn't a record for points total!

April 2050

Fixtures

2zg22K3.png?1

League Tables

E0Q8Vlp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We carried on our winning steak with another perfect month which leaves us with a eighteen point lead.This month was actually pretty frustrating due to injuries and suspensions but we managed it in the end.Ruano got another four goals which leaves him on 36 goals in 25 appearances!

Just the one game in May and that is against Assassins,not only is it my last for Verdes FC but it's also my 1200th as a manager.I would like to get a win to mark the occasion but also to add more misery to Assassins already really poor season!

May 2050

Fixture

jogR1mS.png?1

League Table

GWNVF5a.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We finished off our season with a brilliant 6-1 win over Assassins,we were pretty much dominant for the entire game with exception to a teen minute spell between the 68th and 78th minutes.Not a bad way to celebrate my 1200th game in charge.

Belize is now finished,an end of season update is to follow before I move onto Bermuda which from this point on I will be doing with an additional challenge to the teams I manage.

I love unusual saves like this, am patiently waiting for you to get to Bermuda, I've had a few of my saves start there so am curious to see who you join. I've had saves at Devonshire Colts and Flanagan's Onions (great team name!) so I'm quietly hoping you go to one of those. 

It's a definitely a possibility I could end up at one of those clubs in the future but at this moment in time,I'll be starting at one of Ireland Rangers,Paget Lions,St. David's Warriors or Vasco Volcanoes.

Just to let you know,Flanagan's Onions won the Bermudan FA Cup in 2037/38!

4Gzzqn5.jpg

Real Verdes FC - Premier League of Belize - End of Season - 2049/50

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Surprisingly no players were released,this is because I have seen players leave after becoming unhappy but despite having several unhappy players who are not good enough for the team,they actually stayed at the club.We bought in three players to help strengthen certain positions while six left the club,four left to join Police for reasons unknown while two left us for Assassins which was clearly for money.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Premier League of Belize - Winners

MCJgxqT.png?1

Well we won that by a mile off as Pirates were way off the pace this season and the one team with the money to be a threat were never a challenge as Assassins finished in 7th!Surprisingly though,79 points isn't a record as Pirates achieved 80 points in 2039/40 (finished the season with a record of 26-2-0!)We set new records for goals and worst team discipline.It wouldn't be one of my teams if we didn't leave a trail of injuries,suspensions and cards as we finished the season with 120 yellow cards and 10 red cards!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - AwardsBest XI

Zl7atpU.png?1

Erwin Ruano

Roosevelt Atkinson

Robert Trapp

Orlando Vargas

Manager's Thoughts

Well that season was easier than expected as I wasn't expecting to finish 21 points ahead of Pirates who came second and I was expecting more of Assassins who finished 7th despite having a lot of money available for wages.I am delighted to have finished Belize this quickly as I thought I would be here a while before I overthrew Pirates.This is probably down to Human squad building vs AI squad building,Human squad building for the most part is successful due to being able to build the squad to how we want while the AI just build a squad.Not much else to say other than I am not expecting Atkinson to stay in Belize as I think he is too good for this league,he could end up playing in Costa Rica like one of my ex-players from my time at Compton.

With Belize now finished,I will be moving to Bermuda which should be interesting as it is a three tier league structure with a domestic cup so it could take a while to finish despite their top flight division only being rated as a 1* league.

Season        Team            Nation               Division          League      Cup        Continental     Avg.Att      Notes
2038/39     Kicks Utd        Anguilla         Senior Male League      1st       Semis           N.A           534      Won Title!
2039/40     Kicks Utd        Anguilla         Senior Male League      1st      Winners          N.A           594      Won Treble
2040/41   West Ham (ATG)  Antigua + Barbuda     Second Division       1st        N.A            N.A           308      Won Title!
2041/42   West Ham (ATG)  Antigua + Barbuda   USL Professional Div.   1st        N.A            N.A           326      Won Title!
2042/43   West Ham (ATG)  Antigua + Barbuda    D/R.S Premier Div.     1st        N.A            N.A           465      Won Title!
2043/44     SV Dakota         Aruba              Div. Di Honor        1st      Winners          N.A           905      Won Double
2044/45    Baha Juniors      Bahamas           BFA Senior League      1st     2nd Round         N.A           746      Won Title!
2045/46    Baha Juniors      Bahamas           BFA Senior League      1st      Winners          N.A           772      Won Double
2046/47     W.Compton        Barbados          BFA Division One       1st       Semis           N.A           245      Promotion
2047/48     W.Compton        Barbados         Digicel Prem.League     1st      Winners          N.A           415      Won Double
2048/49     Verdes FC         Belize         Prem League of Belize    2nd        N.A            N.A           562      Runners-Up
2049/50     Verdes FC         Belize         Prem League of Belize    1st      Winners          N.A           650      Won Title!

SiUaRSE.png?1

qhD0xXz.png?1

Out with the old and in with the new and with this we exchange a one division nation for another.Only difference is that Belize is a 2* league while Curaçao is a 1* league.

Also last thing to note,things may take a bit longer in a nation as I will no longer make the signings but the Director of Football (if I have one) or Assistant Manager will be instead.This is to make things on a more level playing level with the AI and it should give us more of a challenge as I will only be doing the matches and the training.

Edited by B.W.G

hPjoUSB.jpg

North America - Bermuda

wLiJdiD.jpg

Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory in the North Atlantic Ocean. It is approximately 1,070 km (665 mi) east-southeast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina; 1,236 km (768 mi) south of Cape Sable Island, Nova Scotia; and 1,759 km (1,093 mi) northeast of Cuba. The capital city is Hamilton. Bermuda is self-governing, with its own constitution and government and a Parliament which makes local laws. The United Kingdom retains responsibility for defence and foreign relations. As of July 2018, its population is 71,176, the highest of the British overseas territories.

Football in Bermuda

Overall it's a pretty poor nation with it being ranked at joint 130th (Singapore the other team at 130th).There is one stand out Bermudan player,his name is Rai Taylor and he plays for Wigan Athletic while the rest of players are all domestic base.Talking of domestic football,Bermudan football has been dominated lately by Robin Hood who have won eight of the last nine Premier Division and won the last four Bermudan FA Cups.Pretty low standard of football so I wouldn't be too surprised to see tier three players play in top flight as there isn't too much difference between the divisions.

Saint David's Cricket Club Warriors - Corona League - New Club - 2050/51

The Offer

EXouFGF.png?1

Club Background

xYU6Vto.png?2

The Team

QJN7mYj.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well considering at the moment there is just myself,the chairman and the director,we actually have a pretty decent squad at first glance and I can definitely see why this team were only five points behind the eventual winners.We even have a bit of depth in the team as there are six players in the u18's and three in the reserves so there are emergency backup options.Staffing is an issue but I've already started to address it as we have an assistant manager,chief scout and two scouts coming in the next few days.A director of football has accepted an offer but it wasn't at a very happy level so it may take a bit longer but we have a solid foundation thanks to the previous manager.

As this is the first country under my new rules,no signings will be made till we get a director of football in so things could get a bit interesting instead of winning all the time as I will be responsible for training and the games.

Edited by B.W.G

Saint David's Cricket Club Warriors - Corona League - Pre-Season - 2050/51

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released

One player was released but it was before I took over the club.Four players left the club,the first two were from before I took over while I was gutted to lose Watson as he is a good player.As for Smith,I am not too bothered as he didn't get what he wanted and left,he wanted a player/scout role but because the scouts I have are better I wasn't letting him have it.Rebello and Bean came in and will add strength to the team.

Pre-Season Fixtures

2hrZ4We.png?1

This was a surprising run of fixtures as we won all four games against opposition who are all Premier Division sides,the majority of layers looking like they are taking to the tactic quite well but there a couple of issues on the left wing and in DM which need to be looked at.

Squad and Key Players

jRzUOsF.png?1

AKsx1tV.png?1

7KOYo55.png?1

oM5TiWz.png?1

6IAcbhX.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

With exception to getting staff in,this was a straight forward pre-season as I'm not the one dealing with transfers as that is now my Director of Football's job.We have actually been made favourites to win the division,even ahead of Ireland Rangers who were the team relegated from the First Division.We do have a strong team so we could challenge for the title but it will depend on things like suspensions and injuries as the depth isn't great in the defensive areas.I can tell you this now but there won't be any upgrades what so ever as there is no money in Bermuda so unless teams get massive takeovers then there won't be much development.

We have two cup games to start the season as we play Somerset Eagles in the Bermudan FA Cup while we have league games against Vasco Volcanoes and Paget Lions,I'm not overly bothered by the FA Cup as our expectations are to reach the first round which is where we enter.As for the league,we play twenty four games so I want to be accumulating as many points as possible in case of slip ups.Here we go!!!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2050

Fixtures

t8Vomty.png?1

League Table

7U9SSCO.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First up,our Director of Football bought in Pinto Lambert,Daz Dill and Chris Pitt,these players seem to be good from the first impressions of the Assistant manager although my DoF has a success rate of 3 out of 11 so far!!As for results,I was really surprised we beat Somerset Eagles in the cup after losing the home leg and as for the league,it's early days but our dropped points comes down to missed chances.

Four games in September as we play Ireland Rangers twice,Vasco Volcanoes and Paget Lions.My main aim is to beat Ireland Rangers as that will give us a boost in the title race as it is a low game league with only 24 games in a season.I would love to go unbeaten this month as it will give us some positive momentum going into the rest of the season but we will see what happens then work from there.

September 2050

Fixtures

yTneV4B.png?1

League Table

KMyijWR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Just the one signing from our DoF as Zane Simmons comes in from Paget Lions,looks good but I am not overly sure how to use him as I haven't come across many players who area natural as a anchorman.As for the league,we picked up nine points from twelve as we moved to the top of the table and finished the month off with a four point advantage of Ireland Rangers.I did tweak our player roles in between the Paget Lion and Ireland rangers game,our DM position went from Deep Lying Playmaker to Anchorman while the AMR and AML positions went from Inside Forward to Winger in a support role.

October is our busiest month of the season with six games to play.The big two games come in the Bermudan Cup when we face BAA Wanderers,I'm not expecting anything but I want to give them a fight at the very least.In the league we play Vasco Volcanoes twice,Ireland Rangers and Paget Lions,all I want us to do is carry on our form from the end of September.This is due to only having eighteen games left to play in the league so I want to get as many points as possible.

November 2050

Fixtures

Qu28oEO.png?1

League Table

VACOJrX.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Surprisingly no signings from the DoF this month.We went out in the cup but that was to be expected but we gave BAA Wanderers a real fight as we went down 4-3 on aggregate as the opposition showed they just had that bit of extra quality,they were diverse team as I haven't seen that many nationalities in a team since my time in New Zealand!We picked up eight points from twelve which was surprisingly enough to move us ten points clear at the top of the table,I have no idea what is going on with the other three teams but I am glad I am out of that fight for now.Only sore point was the game against Ireland Rangers as we had a 3-0 lead and we ended up drawing 3-3.

Just the three games in November as we face Paget Lions,Ireland Rangers and Vasco Volcanoes.No matter what happens,we will still be top come the end of the month but with players returning from injury and suspension we could find ourselves in a better position as we will be nearly at full strength.My only other hope is my DoF turns his attention to the fullback positions as we are really lacking in these areas,if he can get these positions then I will feel a whole lot better.

November 2050

Fixtures

G3Ihtcs.png?1

League Table

OMPCvF0.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We were busy with regards for transfers as the DoF bought in three players (two attackers and a backup keeper) while the Assistant Manager bought in three for the reserves (two midfielders and a right midfielder).In the league we picked up seven points from nine as we moved thirteen points clear with eleven games left to play so we are in a very strong position.There has been a miracle so far,one of my teams I have managed isn't in first for worst discipline!

Just the one game in December which sees us face Paget Lions.Not a lot to say about this game as no matter what happens,we will be top of the league come the end of December.I would like to win as that would further increases our chances of winning the league,winning may be difficult as Paget have the second best defence in the league so they are hard to break down but I have faith in my attackers.

Great to see you in Bermuda. Is Shayne Hollis still in the game in any capacity? He tends to be a goal machine in the Bermudan league, however if he is still in the game he's probably long retired and a manager or other backroom staff now. Good luck too, can't see your stay in Bermuda being a long one

I'm afraid he isn't in the game anymore,couldn't even find a mention of him in the Bermuda fixtures.

My stay in Bermuda could be a bit longer than anticipated,Robin Hood (2044) and North Village Rams (2046) have actually gone Professional which is a surprise so unless I end up at one of them,my stay could be prolonged :lol: 

December 2050

Fixture

nk242bT.png?1

League Table

hqX6H2R.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Wow,we actually lost a game for the first time since October!No complaints from the loss either as we were reduced to ten men and they took advantage of it,in the end they deserved the win.We're still eleven points clear with ten games so it is still in our favour,this was just a minor setback.

Two games in January as we face Ireland Rangers and Vasco Volcanoes.Hopefully we can win both of these games to bounce back from the defeat against Paget Lions.We are nearly at the end of the season so it is important that we don't mess up too much as I want to keep the pressure off us in the last few games.

Edited by B.W.G

January 2051

Fixtures

7DGjBp8.png?1

League Table

FHRZDRr.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins from two helped us stay eleven points clear at the top and we now only have eight games left to play this season.At the moment,we are in a very good position as we have no suspensions (three players one card away from a ban) and we are injury free for the first time since August so we do have a full strength team going into our next game.Only one transfer made,we signed a 31 year old player who plays on both flanks just to give us a bit of depth in the attacking department.

Two games in February as we face Paget Lion and Ireland Rangers.Things could be a bit tricky as Paget Lion are quite annoying team to break down while Ireland Rangers have just had a new manager so things could change tactically to what we are normally use to.My aim is to get four points as that will keep us in a strong position.

February 2051

Fixtures

uWnWr9Z.png?1

League Table

Exye0DH.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We won both games in February as we moved fourteen points clear with six games to play.Ireland Rangers were a lot more difficult to break down than in previous encounters so it looks like the new manager is more defensive minded while Paget Lions match was lot more one sided than anticipated.We're just two games away from promotion if we win them both so the only way we won't get promoted is if we lose every single game which I don't think is possible as Vasco Volcanoes are terrible.

Two games in March which sees us play Vasco Volcanoes and Paget Lions.The key match will be the Paget Lions game as if we win that then we will win the title so all eyes are on that match while Vasco Volcanoes have lost every single game against us this season so hopefully that will continue.My aim for the month is to win the title. 

March 2051

Fixtures

vn9rVIE.png?1

League Table

naqTRVU.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We're going up,first division here we come!!!We won both games in March,I was expecting to get the promotion against Paget Lions but we managed to win the title against Vasco Volcanoes as Paget Lions dropped points against Ireland Rangers.Never realised that we had a rivalry against Vasco Volcanoes but it is a competitive one so to win 6-0 against them was a brilliant result.As for the transfers,we let two players go and we bought in a goalkeeper coach and a fitness coach.

Three games in April which sees us play Ireland Rangers,Vasco Volcanoes and Paget Lions.The season is now done for us as we've won the title and we're going up so I want to finish the season on a high so I want to go unbeaten for the remainder of the season.

April 2051

Fixtures

GIp7vdZ.png?1

League Table

ThkSa99.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We won two out of three which was a good return as we finished the moth nineteen points clear with one game left.This month has had one of my favourite matches I've had in North America,it's not often you see a 7-4 result!As for the defeat against Paget Lions,we were actually the better team this time around so the defeat was annoying as it wasn't deserved.

Just the one game in May as we finish our league campaign off against Ireland Rangers.As it's our last game,I would love us to finish on a high and get the win but I would like to see it be another thrilling match like last month.

May 2051

Fixture

l3Htrbl.png?1

League Table

pTHgwni.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well we won the game,I wanted a nice thrilling game to finish on a high and what we got was a boring 1-0 win as we couldn't finish our chances and Ireland Rangers were not even interested in the game and managed two whole shots.

End of Season update to come then we move onto the first division in which I will both laugh and curse my Director of Football as he will be dealing with transfers!

Saint David's Cricket Club Warriors - Corona League - End of Season - 2050/51

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Three players released,one before I joined and two I released as they were moaning about first team football but were not good enough.Seven players left to join other clubs while the DoF and Assistant manager went over the top with signings as seventeen players joined the club.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Corona League - Winners

VviWWKc.png?1

We won the title in convincing fashion as we won it by twenty one points over Paget Lions.We were top for the majority of the season as there were only three games where we were not top of the league.Set new records for points and goals in what turned out to be a very successful season.

Bermudan FA Cup - 2nd Round

PjPuVhs.png?1

Well I was surprised to get to the second round to begin with as we knocked out Somerset Eagles in the first round with a 4-3 aggregate victory.As for the second round,we gave BAA Wanderers a fight but their superior quality eventually overcame us as we lost 4-3 on aggregate.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - AwardsBest XI

WpNcntp.png?1

Jonathan Jennings

Amar Smith

Pinto Lambert

Chris Baptista

Manager's Thoughts

To be fair,we were favourites to go up so I am not overly surprised we did so although things were pretty hectic at the start of the season but we got things together and went on a really great run which saw us win the title by a whopping twenty one points.It was a very interesting season with regards to transfers as I have nothing to do with it anymore so it was interesting to see the type of players the DoF (first team) and Assistant Managers (hot prospects) bought into the club.Not too bothered by going out in the cup at the second round as I wasn't even expecting to make it past the first round.We were eventually given a new contract and by eventually I mean at the start of May when my contract was up in June.

As for the future of the club,we are in a poor position financially so there won't be any upgrades unless I can find amazing free players and the sell them for actual money.We will be getting a new sponsorship deal in June and hopefully it will be enough to put us back into the black as we are nearly £5k in the red.We'll still be at St.David's Warriors for the foreseeable future as there isn't much difference between the Corona League and First Division as they are both rated at 0.5*,hopefully though we will be able to attract better players as I really need our DoF to invest a bit more heavily in defence,especially in the fullback positions as they are very weak and the backups for those positions are even more pitiful.At least pre-season will be quick and painless for me!

Season       Team             Nation               Division          League      Cup        Continental     Avg.Att      Notes
2038/39    Kicks Utd         Anguilla         Senior Male League      1st       Semis           N.A           534      Won Title!
2039/40    Kicks Utd         Anguilla         Senior Male League      1st      Winners          N.A           594      Won Treble
2040/41  West Ham (ATG)   Antigua + Barbuda     Second Division       1st        N.A            N.A           308      Won Title!
2041/42  West Ham (ATG)   Antigua + Barbuda   USL Professional Div.   1st        N.A            N.A           326      Won Title!
2042/43  West Ham (ATG)   Antigua + Barbuda    D/R.S Premier Div.     1st        N.A            N.A           465      Won Title!
2043/44    SV Dakota          Aruba              Div. Di Honor        1st      Winners          N.A           905      Won Double
2044/45   Baha Juniors       Bahamas           BFA Senior League      1st     2nd Round         N.A           746      Won Title!
2045/46   Baha Juniors       Bahamas           BFA Senior League      1st      Winners          N.A           772      Won Double
2046/47    W.Compton         Barbados          BFA Division One       1st       Semis           N.A           245      Promotion
2047/48    W.Compton         Barbados         Digicel Prem.League     1st      Winners          N.A           415      Won Double
2048/49    Verdes FC          Belize         Prem League of Belize    2nd        N.A            N.A           562      Runners-Up
2049/50    Verdes FC          Belize         Prem League of Belize    1st      Winners          N.A           650      Won Title!
2050/51  St.David's Warr.     Bermuda            Corona League        1st     2nd Round         N.A           273      Promotion

Edited by B.W.G

Saint David's Cricket Club Warriors - Corona League - Pre-Season - 2051/52

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers - Released

One player retired and seven players released as we trimmed some of the dead weight to make way for new and better signings.Our DoF made six signings and strengthened most of the team and even managed to address one of our weakest areas which was the right full back position.Still need a left back but we'll see what my DoF can pull off as he has managed to get some good first team players in who will feature heavily this season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

UoLGvXw.png?1

Not the greatest pre-seasons but it wasn't too bad,we did beat Paget Lions with ten men and also beat Premier Division side Southampton Rangers which was encouraging.We did lose to  Devonshire Cougars and Robin Hood who are also top flight sides but we did score two against the biggest side in Bermuda,

Squad and Key Players

6m85VHu.png?1

WgvzW84.png?1

wIkCIpX.png?1

keJG8fq.png?1

kf0iHHP.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not been too bad of a pre-season as the DoF has made some good signings which should help us compete in the first division but I am quite worried as the board want a top half finish and the media have predicted us to come third this season.Weirdly enough,third could actually be good enough for a promotion due to Robin Hood and North Village Rams have B teams in this league so it will be an interesting season for certain,looking at the odds,we are one of four in the promotion fight and one of six in the title fight.We do have good depth in attack and we have improved the midfield including the DM position,we are still missing another left back but that is no longer up to me so hopefully the DoF will come through with that.

We actually have a quiet start to the season with three games in August,we kick the season off with a two legged affair against St. George's Colts in the Bermudan FA Cup before we kick off our league campaign with a game against Tuff Dogs.First off,I love the name Tuff Dogs as that is a great team name,my main aim is progress in the cup as the board want us to reach the second round and I'm not too bothered by the league game as it;s a long season so I think we could afford a couple of bad games early on so I can find the right team for the season.

Edited by B.W.G

August 2051

Fixtures

UMY4e4V.png?1

League Table

Pp6HsHu.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Excellent start in the Bermudan FA Cup as we knocked out St.George's Colts 6-1 on aggregate.As for the league,it was a dismal start as we lost 2-1 Tuff Dogs,we were 1-0 up when we had a player sent off and they then went and scored two goals in quick succession as we started our league campaign with a loss.Positive news did come from a transfer,the DoF bought in a left back from Flanagan's Onions so I think we have a really good team for the season now.

Five games in September which all come in the league.We will face Robin Hood B,X Roads,St.George's Colts,NVCC Rams and Wolves.I think we will be able to record our first points of the season during September but I am not entirely sure what to expect from Robin Hood B and NVCC Rams as it depends on their senior sides on who is made available from the first team so things may be difficult but they may not be as difficult as I expect.My aim for the month is a minimum of nine points.

September 2051

Fixtures

AcyWohS.png?1

League Table

t6FjwDM.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was a pretty mixed month as we picked up ten points from fifteen but that did beat my expectations as I was aiming for nine.We are currently five points behind Flanagan's Onions but there is only three points between second and fifth so there is quite a big chasing pack.Only transfer made was another goalkeeper,this one comes in from Premier Division side Dandy Town Hornets,he made his debut in our 4-1 win against Wolves.Partnerships are slowly starting to be formed so we could get better in the future.

Four games in October,two of these are league games and two are cup games.In the league we play Flanagan's Onions and Hamilton Parish,if we win both of these then we will turn the pressure up on Flanagan's Onions.Really don't want to lose to Flanagan's Onions this early as that will put us eight points behind them.In the cup we have a two legged affair against Paget Lions,we are a lot stronger than last season so I am fairly confident we can get through to the third round.

Edited by B.W.G

October 2051

Fixtures

Rlu24U9.png?1

League Table

sAg6KG6.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was an impressive month all around as we won three and drew one in October.We won both games in the league as we moved up to second place,we're just ahead of Robin Hood B on goal difference but we are still behind Flanagan's Onions despite beating them 3-1.We progressed to the quarter-finals in the Bermudan Cup as we beat Paget Lions 2-0 on aggregate,glad we won but I was worried as we kept squandering chances which is rather annoying.

Four league games in November,we will play YMSC Bluebirds,Tuff Dogs,Robin Hood B and X Roads.I want to keep our recent form up as I don't want to fall further behind Flanagan's Onions,the gap at the moment is two points but they do have a game in hand so that could be five,falling behind would be rather troublesome.My aims is nine points and a revenge win against Tuff Dogs,the game I am not expecting to do well in is the Robin Hood B game as they are a really good side so I am willing to write that match off.

November 2051

Fixtures

PO0wUoC.png?1

League Table

hmDNDbg.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We won all four games this month as we moved to the top of the table on goal difference.At the moment,it's a three horse race for the title and a two horse race between ourselves and Flanagan's Onions for promotion.In the end,we were lucky to win all four games as we blew a 5-1 lead against Robin Hood B but sometimes we need luck to hold on and I think luck could play a major part in the latter part off the season.

December is a busy month with seven games to play,five of these are in the league and two are in the cup.In league we play NVCC Rams,St.George's Colts,Wolves,Flanagan's Onions and YMSC Bluebirds.Even though it's still early in the season,I'm declaring the Flanagan's Onions a must win game as I want some sort of gap between ourselves and them.As long as I'm still in the fight for the promotion spot then I will be fine.As for the two cup games,we've been drawn against Robin Hood in the quarter-finals,I have very little hope for the games as they are the biggest team in Bermuda,as long as the score isn't embarrassing then I will be fine with it.

December 2051

Fixtures

CSCbESE.png?1

League Table

Z3vVTKG.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It wasn't too bad of a month as we picked up ten points from fifteen which saw us stay top of the table as we sit one point clear of Flanagan's Onions and three points ahead of Robin Hood,we were lucky to get to that point without dropping points as Wolves missed a penalty in the 91st minute.As for the cup,we gave it a go but we fell short as we lost 5-4 on aggregate to Robin Hood,I thought i was going to go into extra time but they scored an equalizer in the 89th minute.

Four games in January as we face Hamilton Parish,Tuff Dogs,Robin Hood B and St.George's Colts.I think the aim of the month is to equal or better Flanagan's Onions results as they are our nearest promotion rivals,not as bothered about Robin Hood B as they can't get promoted even if they win the title.My aim for the month is a minimum of nine points.

3 hours ago, FiftyBeforeThirty said:

So glad to see you're still going with this and progressing nicely at the moment, already onto the "B"s!  What a season this is turning out to be, gotta keep an eye on those onions!

Onions are a bit troublesome,hopefully there won't be any tears in my eyes!