Sports Interactive Community
Jandak91

The game cant be played - BLURRY TEXT

Hello,

I've been playing this game since 2007, but I've never been so disappointed. I have a HD monitor, GP 1050 TI, so it is possible that I have the game so blurred (Picture)?? This game isnt free and I have been trying to fix it in a playable form for three days. So far I only hurt her my eyes!!

Please FIX this error or please advice how to fix it!

blurry2.PNG

blurry3.PNG

blurry4.PNG

Edited by Jandak91

Have you tried deleting caches and preferences folders via file explorer already?

I would suggest you to play with the "Window Mode & Resolution" and "Size of Text and Images" via the FM > Preferences

Let us know how you get on, please. Thank you.

This is what I have already tried .. I updated the GPU, in power options I gave high performance, but still the game is blurry on the attached screens..

blurry5.PNG

blurry6.PNG

From your screenshot I can't see any blurry text and I am able to clearly read every letter. What language are you using?

Posted (edited)

but the game is blurry! In the pictures it looks better than it is in the game..  The font is simply not sharp.. I have been saying play this game since 2007 and I have not had such problems. There can be no problem at the frecken of the monitor. Or in DPI? Other applications are OK but FM is blurred.

Language i using CZECH

Edited by Jandak91

What resolution are you running the game in?

I will move you to the UI forum as I think they are able to assist you better, is that okay? 

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

I running game with resolution 1920x1080 (75Hz), DPI 100%, fullscreen, but i tried run game with windows mode. I also tried to restore my monitor, but without result. well give me contact please. thx

Edited by Jandak91

I stream game from my PC to my Notebook and blurring does not occur on the notebook... Only my PC i text bad quality and blurred :(. Please help me :)

Posted (edited)

Same here. It does not seem to be connected with the monitor's native resolution, which was my first guess, since it occurs on 1920x1080 in-game resolution on both a native-1920x1200 and a native-1920x1080 monitor.

The skin is probably not an issue either: Happens with the standard skin as well as with FLUTskin_dark_1.5.

Am 2.1.2019 um 10:24 schrieb Jimmy Wong:

From your screenshot I can't see any blurry text and I am able to clearly read every letter.

I absolutely don't mean to offend you, but can you really "not see any blurry text"? The text is utterly blurry.

With regard to your second aspect, I partly agree: Yes, every letter is legible. However, it can't be the aim to just produce letters that are "legible" - the font should be razor sharp.

EDIT: I'm playing FM19 in German.

Edited by fpovlsen
Language

3 hours ago, fpovlsen said:

With regard to your second aspect, I partly agree: Yes, every letter is legible. However, it can't be the aim to just produce letters that are "legible" - the font should be razor sharp. 

exactly, the font is read. I dont agree, but the sharp font is definitely not. Bad read and easy to tear... In previous years, we were fine on the same machine!!

I try new skin .. with dark background and other font (google.. ) but i have still blurry font. see picture

Výstřižek.PNG

Posted (edited)

@Jandak91 One could argue that it's "better" with your new font, but still it's surely not "good". (How do you change the font btw?)

I saw a screenshot from FM18 some hours ago. The problem was not there at all - the font was sharp as a razor then...

EDIT: Please read this reddit: LINK and try the Google fonts mentioned there. The screenshot posted there shows great improvement by using the Google font "Muli".

Edited by fpovlsen
screenshot link

1 hour ago, Christopher Lewis said:

Thank you guys - we're investigating. 

Thank you, please fix it! We can playing the game at last (I bought this game in November :(...)

How does it look like a problem? Something news? I will help you to fix it as quickly as possible...

Am 7.1.2019 um 14:41 schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Any news?

Am 7.1.2019 um 14:41 schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Would you please be so kind as to at least say something after 12 days?!

There is a very poor access to a customer who has been playing for more than 10 years...I will probably return the poor support of the game and I will not buy again!

I'm sending new information!. I download and install Nvidia Experience and current setting has resolution DSR 3840x2160 (screen). I optimalized this setup on 1980x1080 ..but it did not help :(....... Any news? I also send a picture of my HW..

nvidia.PNG

mypc.PNG

the problem is, in my opinion, the original resolution of the game.. 3840x2160 DSR (screen) wtf??!! i have only Full HD Monitor with 1920x1080 (24" AOC i2481FXH). When the game doesnt optimize the game is sharp but very big in the resolution (3840x2160 DSR).

How to fix it? Why I have 4k resolution as default on FULL HD monitor?

picture.PNG

What resolution are you running the game on FM19? You can find out if you go to FM > Preferences > Window Mode & Resolution.

It would be best if you include a screenshot of your preferences screen, please.

Thanks.

On 29/01/2019 at 15:19, Jimmy Wong said:

What resolution are you running the game on FM19? You can find out if you go to FM > Preferences > Window Mode & Resolution.

It would be best if you include a screenshot of your preferences screen, please.

Thanks.

preferences screen ...  EDIT: Any news?

fmoptions.PNG

Edited by Jandak91

Are you using GeForce Experience in-game overlay? If so, as a test can you try switching it off and see if it helps, please? 

i dont use it ( GeForce Experience ).

You dont have the game optimized for all resolutions. I have a full HD monitor and the game is sharply displayed in only 4k resolution... I wrote about it in the previous post, but no one here is reading it...

The game costs enough money and cant be played! Now is February and repair is nowhere. I am very disappointed and it will be my last FM after 12 years... This year's game is the worst all the time

Edited by Jandak91

Posted (edited)

Did anyone come up with a solution for this? I've tried everything suggested! 

Weirdly it seems okay in that snapshot but it's definitely blurry in game.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Seagull_Tim

Hi,

I'm suffering with this exact issue on my laptop. Geforce Experience is saying FM's resolution is set to 3840x2160 when it's actually set to 1920x1080 in the game. The start up screen is blurry and the text within the game is very zoomed out and grainy. 

Has a fix been found for this? It's basically running at a resolution much higher than it should be. I've tried to disable DSR within Nvidia Control Panel but the option isn't there.