Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tiago108

Struggling with FM

First season with West ham went well finished 4th using gegepress but now I find myself struggling in the new season with winning league games.

Ive been loosing and drawing really stupid games ,dumb red cards ,about 25 shots per game and only about 7 of them are on goal smh,Average 55-60 possession

And i dont kow what im doing wrong its weird im in 8th place but it could be better at least im doing well in the champions league

If u have any suggestions would be apreciated 

image.png

image.png

Struggling?   Seems like you are doing very well!   West Ham in the Champions League (finishing 4th) would be a wet dream for the club.

Looking at this season i still think you are doing well (no clue what transfer budget you had etc etc) Ypu have lost to Chelsea, tottenham, and Liverpool.

No offense, but if you want to win every game (unrealistic football) just take PSG... Not quite sure what you are expecting here to be honest.  You have been doing unrealistically well.

Tiago, I think you are viewing your season so far in an unfair perspective. After a small amount of games you sit in 8th with 6 clubs ahead of you who should expect to be higher than yourself. Your 3 league losses have all been away to clubs part of the big 6. You also drew with Man Utd which might be embarrassing in real life but certainly isn't on FM. I know you probably want to aiming towards that top 4 again but your results so far have been reasonable. You do need to remember though that doing that again this season is actually harder because you now have extra games to deal with and opponents will respect you more. 

If match performances are concerning you then there are a couple of other things to consider. How many summer signings have you thrown in to regular 1st team football? I often prefer to ease my new faces in over a couple of months and to start off a new season by mainly using the key figures from the last campaign. New players can be obviously better quality but can need time and patience for it to show. Pinpointing a couple of players who are not on their best form and might need a spell out of the team could also help your performances to appear more solid. 

Overall though, you need to be more positive with how things have been going and don't let your expectations get massively high because of last season. 

Yup blame the game. Change your style ... tactics ... move players around

Edited by prot651