Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Carlf788

Rangers and Celtic

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, mikenevo said:

That's unfortunate, have you got someone to replace him? Just had my first youth intake, all look like a waste of time except a defender who might do well but far from amazing and then a striker who could possibly be a future striker for us, but definitely not at a wonderkid level potential. He's an advanced forward though which is what I use so that's a bonus I guess.

I have a couple of replacements but none at his level yet.  thats not really the point, I wanted him to set all sorts of records - that said, this lad has developed well so far and might be ready for 1st team action this year.

974450481_Screenshot2019-02-23at23_48_37.thumb.png.05d0ab0da2f274a10fedf301151b79b3.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the lad being mentored by a core group of players for the last few years and he has gone from mercenary to fickle and now he's ambitious.  Great changes!

14 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

I have a couple of replacements but none at his level yet.  thats not really the point, I wanted him to set all sorts of records - that said, this lad has developed well so far and might be ready for 1st team action this year.

974450481_Screenshot2019-02-23at23_48_37.thumb.png.05d0ab0da2f274a10fedf301151b79b3.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

I have had the lad being mentored by a core group of players for the last few years and he has gone from mercenary to fickle and now he's ambitious.  Great changes!

 

Looks like he could be a good player. If I spot a young talent, I always try to get them into first team action as soon as I can.

This just happened in my save, they've had an awful season!

Rodgers.thumb.png.c50d6f79d70a711d90061eb2e806fb52.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mikenevo said:

Looks like he could be a good player. If I spot a young talent, I always try to get them into first team action as soon as I can.

This just happened in my save, they've had an awful season!

Rodgers.thumb.png.c50d6f79d70a711d90061eb2e806fb52.png

That is interesting because he left for Sevilla in my game and the quality of replacements mentioned was much higher - Jardim, Mancini and Ancelotti.  They're picking up again in my game - I am starting to get bored by the monotony of it now though and may leave for a change.  A couple of smaller teams have made top divisions and I may move on when the opportunity arrives - I have been offered jobs at clubs and saved them so I can revisit at a later date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

That is interesting because he left for Sevilla in my game and the quality of replacements mentioned was much higher - Jardim, Mancini and Ancelotti.  They're picking up again in my game - I am starting to get bored by the monotony of it now though and may leave for a change.  A couple of smaller teams have made top divisions and I may move on when the opportunity arrives - I have been offered jobs at clubs and saved them so I can revisit at a later date.

I always thought they'd punched above their weight to get Brendan Rodgers, so to be linked with those managers, especially Ancelotti is in my opinion unrealistic.

Have you thought about moving to another club in Scotland? I think if I ever did leave Rangers then that would be what I'd do, but that's because I want to see the country progress domestically as well as Internationally, it's just something I've always been interested in and partly the reason I'm doing a Rangers save. It would be amazing if there was a top 4 in Scotland who challenge for the Champions League every season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mikenevo said:

I always thought they'd punched above their weight to get Brendan Rodgers, so to be linked with those managers, especially Ancelotti is in my opinion unrealistic.

Have you thought about moving to another club in Scotland? I think if I ever did leave Rangers then that would be what I'd do, but that's because I want to see the country progress domestically as well as Internationally, it's just something I've always been interested in and partly the reason I'm doing a Rangers save. It would be amazing if there was a top 4 in Scotland who challenge for the Champions League every season.

That thought did cross my mind, there are a couple who consistently produce decent young players and are beginning to spend a little more in the transfer window due to incoming money.  Celtic had been quite decent in Europe, getting to the QF of both competitions in the seasons leading up to Rogers leaving, so attracting those was not that unrealistic to be honest, at least in-game...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rino72. said:

Another freebie who will hopefully see us get the title back!

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 23.34.28.png

Bargain!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WARNING: Long AF end of season report! You'll probably be 90 before you reach the end!

Wow! Finally finished my first season as Rangers boss and also the first save on football manager 2019 that has got me excited about playing the game (something which seems to lack these days for me). I'll be honest, I didn't make my own tactic because it's not something I've ever been good at and I don't mind admitting that :) It also takes me long enough as it is to complete a season, never mind messing around with tactics. Also, I use my staff to my advantage, I have them setting up training, playing the friendlies and I even have my DoF hire and fire the staff around me, with the exception of my assistant manager.

Anyway, enough babbling! Here's how it went...

826993296_ScotPrem.thumb.png.54edecb0cd88fa5c4f53b4f1dcdbe106.png                  MOTY.thumb.png.eed7149952622a609e1eef7ab178beda.png

 

Borna.thumb.png.eb88bed23ad669dc61904e043ed1cfb8.png                  Famous.thumb.png.d2598355b5cf8eb1bafb01704e911f66.png

Ladbrokes Premiership

I think it's safe to say, we outclassed every team in Scotland. It was that easy that at times I would find myself doing other things whilst the match played out. It's just a shame we drew that one game, but just like real life, anything is possible for anyone no matter how much of an underdog you are. We lost to Championship side Ayr United in the William Hill Scottish Cup 5th round which just goes to show how unpredictable football can be. In all of his, Celtic shocked me the most. I expected them to push us all the way, but with half the season gone, they were nowhere to be seen!

Europa League

We should never have reached the final, never mind won it, but we had some of the craziest matches in a competition that I've ever had on any football manager. We had massive scorelines in the early qualifying rounds, we then drew both of our first two group games, won the next two and then lost the fifth before final winning the last.

1st Knockout Round

We won at home 6 - 1 against Lokomotiv Moskou which set us up for an easy passage into the 2nd round, but NO!!! We lost the second leg away 5 - 1 to bring squeaky bum time into action! We some how survived.

2nd Knockout Round

This round pitted us against German side RB Leipzig and we won the first game away 7 - 3! Yet again we were in control but I wasn't counting my chickens after what I witnessed in the previous round. I did expect us to win at home as we were unbeaten at the Ibrox Stadium all season, but an early goal from RB Leipzig set the tone for another nail biting match, luckily it only ended in a 2 - 1 loss.

Quarter Final

An easier round despite yet another German opposition in Bayer Leverkusen, winning 4 - 2 at home and 1 - 0 away.

Semi Final

This was the round we were never meant to win as we came up against Italian side Lazio! They have amazing talent, most notably Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Luis Alberto and Ciro Immobile worth a combined £160.5mil! To put it into perspective our entire squad that we own outright is worth just £76.75mil

We lost to Lazio away 4 - 1, snatching a goal in the 80th minute to give us the slimmest of chances and a slight bit of hope! We had to do something special in the return leg at home and boy did we do it! We hit the bloody woodwork 3 times just to make it as nail biting as possible, I used all 3 subs to try and grind out the performance and I'm not known for using subs unless it's necessary! We won 3 - 0 and our away goal from the first leg put us in the final! 

Loss.thumb.png.6e7a5921545ce04f7c30397f734804db.png Win.thumb.png.d1a6a6915379232302d6a4e9dabb2c59.png         Stats.thumb.png.5fc0b31d026a8add7e1b710b1185432c.png

Final!!

I know I shouldn't have been, but I was actually confident of the win, despite Liverpool being our opponent. Lazio are one thing, but Liverpool are an entirely different beast... Mohamed Salah is earning £200k a week, whilst our entire squad was earning just £450k a week. Here's how it went in a nutshell...

We Score, they score, they score, we don't lose our faith, we score, we score, they start to panic, we score again! They focus, they score... We miss a penalty!!! WE WIN! CHAMPIONS!!!

True to form, I didn't use a single substitution in that match as I wasn't worried for one minute and to be honest, even if we were losing I wouldn't change anything because our best players were on the pitch and if they couldn't do it, nobody could.

Europa.thumb.png.0488ba3dc56de4931748adc99a8f2b5d.png  Liverpool.thumb.png.48d7c72709c673018803a8700bedf7eb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe Aaron Ramsey doesn't have a club and he still doesn't want to entertain the idea of joining Rangers :(

On another note, Allan McGregor decided to retire after helping us win the treble between the sticks. That means I'm currently stuck as to who can replace him. Predrag Rajkovic maybe???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2019 at 17:53, Geordieboy52 said:

Just hang in there mate, dont fiddle with the game.  I've broken their monopoly and looking strong again.  I plan on making Rangers a force in europe and then heading for pastures new

I never have fiddled with the game before witch is partly why I am curious on what would happen,,, tbh I think if Celtic win 10IAR then my save would be as good as done.  I know it just a game but I just couldn't stand watching them take 10 lol.  Kind of torn,, as much as I want to stop them on my own its a gamble,, only got one more season to do it,,, and beside I actually might do a sugar daddy save anyway even if I could stop them.  Make a change from doing a rich save with a team like Barca or Man City that I care little for,, and bet it wouldn't make a difference right away as top players still wont want to come play in the SPFL.,, but it might be fun.

I am near the end of my second season and about 9 points behind going into the break,, managed to win against them at Ibrox and draw the last one at parkhead,, but after clawing back to 5 point gap my limited squad have become ravaged with injuries,, Arfield been out all season, Jack just got crocked and is out for the rest, Morrison too is out for season, ,, I lost Middleton and Harry Wilson for the last couple of months along with Goldson McCrorie and Barisic.  

 

So far still in the Cup got Killie in the Semi,,, and have got through to the quarter of the Europa,, got Dortmund in the Quarter after Knocking out Schalke,,, just played them at Ibrox in first leg and finished 2-2,,, so prob go out on away goals lol.

I honestly not sure what to do for season 3,,, really fancy just having some fun,, but would also like to try stop them on my own too.  I just turned down an offer from Milan for Barisic for £20mil up front !  So if I was to get that offered off them again in the summer I might just wait it out,,, the Board have just given me  £10mil and have a few players worth way more than what they should be .

Might just give Season 3 a go and if its not going well by Christmas ,,, sugar daddy to the rescue ,,, but then might do it anyway at end of season 3 even if I do them over

Edited by trueblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, trueblue said:

I never have fiddled with the game before witch is partly why I am curious on what would happen,,, tbh I think if Celtic win 10IAR then my save would be as good as done.  I know it just a game but I just couldn't stand watching them take 10 lol.  Kind of torn,, as much as I want to stop them on my own its a gamble,, only got one more season to do it,,, and beside I actually might do a sugar daddy save anyway even if I could stop them.  Make a change from doing a rich save with a team like Barca or Man City that I care little for,, and bet it wouldn't make a difference right away as top players still wont want to come play in the SPFL.,, but it might be fun.

I am near the end of my second season and about 9 points behind going into the break,, managed to win against them at Ibrox and draw the last one at parkhead,, but after clawing back to 5 point gap my limited squad have become ravaged with injuries,, Arfield been out all season, Jack just got crocked and is out for the rest, Morrison too is out for season, ,, I lost Middleton and Harry Wilson for the last couple of months along with Goldson McCrorie and Barisic.  

 

So far still in the Cup got Killie in the Quarters,,, and have got through to the quarter of the Europa,, got Dortmund in the Quarter after Knocking out Schalke,,, just played them at Ibrox in first leg and finished 2-2,,, so prob go out on away goals lol.

I honestly not sure what to do for season 3,,, really fancy just having some fun,, but would also like to try stop them on my own too.  I just turned down an offer from Milan for Barisic for £20mil up front !  So if I was to get that offered off them again in the summer I might just wait it out,,, the Board have just given me  £10mil and have a few players worth way more than what they should be .

Might just give Season 3 a go and if its not going well by Christmas ,,, sugar daddy to the rescue ,,, but then might do it anyway at end of season 3 even if I do them over

Try out the tactic I'm using mate, seems to work wonders for me. Good luck against Dortmund!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh cheers,,, just knocked out Killie and correction that was the semi,,, so another scot cup final against celtic to look forward to ,,, beat them last season so here hoping can make it 2 in a row in the cup at least lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know how you feel Trueblue when it comes to attracting decent players, really struggling in this transfer window despite our rise in reputation following last seasons success. I've made several signings so far and still have £8mil left to spend, but I just can't see who I could spend it on. I'm really happy with a few of the signings though; Predrag Rajkovic for £2.4mil is an absolute beastly steal at that price and has the potential to be one of the best in the world. I also had to take a serious look at the central midfield positions because we had two loan players there last season other than Arfield, so I bought Sergi Samper for £2.6mil and Julian Baumgartlinger for £3.7mil!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mikenevo said:

I know how you feel Trueblue when it comes to attracting decent players, really struggling in this transfer window despite our rise in reputation following last seasons success. I've made several signings so far and still have £8mil left to spend, but I just can't see who I could spend it on. I'm really happy with a few of the signings though; Predrag Rajkovic for £2.4mil is an absolute beastly steal at that price and has the potential to be one of the best in the world. I also had to take a serious look at the central midfield positions because we had two loan players there last season other than Arfield, so I bought Sergi Samper for £2.6mil and Julian Baumgartlinger for £3.7mil!

yeh same here,,, have heavily relied on my 3 loan players, fodden, ollie burke ( pre winter upgrade b4 he went to them irl )  and Harry Wilson.  Lost Arfield almost as soon as season started for the whole year and have a mid centre pairing of Jack and Dorrans,, and then Morrison got injured and when I lost Jack I have brought back in Greg Docherty from the cold.  Have even used McCrorrie as a CDM as well and had to recently bring in youth players like Jack Thompson just so could put out a team.  Definitely my main area of concern in the summer.

On the plus Morelos has been good this season with 27 so far in about 40 all comps,,, strangely tho he the one player I expected to get requests for that nobody seems to be interested in lol. 

Middleton has come on leaps and bounds tho up until his injury that is,,28 games and 11 goals and 10 assts and worth more than Morelos at around 8mil 

Even Grezda (I know) has had a fairly decent run lately 11 goals in 23 and worth around 5 mil.  Investment wise I bought a wee cheapish Brazilian in my first season ,,player called Luanzinho for around 1mil paid in instalments ,, loaned him out to nimes in France and played off the bench a few times this season,,, scored the goal that knocked out Schalke and his value shot up to over 5.5mil lol,, got pretty average stats but plays ok,, might cash in on him with a sell on clause :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, trueblue said:

yeh same here,,, have heavily relied on my 3 loan players, fodden, ollie burke ( pre winter upgrade b4 he went to them irl )  and Harry Wilson.  Lost Arfield almost as soon as season started for the whole year and have a mid centre pairing of Jack and Dorrans,, and then Morrison got injured and when I lost Jack I have brought back in Greg Docherty from the cold.  Have even used McCrorrie as a CDM as well and had to recently bring in youth players like Jack Thompson just so could put out a team.  Definitely my main area of concern in the summer.

On the plus Morelos has been good this season with 27 so far in about 40 all comps,,, strangely tho he the one player I expected to get requests for that nobody seems to be interested in lol. 

Middleton has come on leaps and bounds tho up until his injury that is,,28 games and 11 goals and 10 assts and worth more than Morelos at around 8mil 

Even Grezda (I know) has had a fairly decent run lately 11 goals in 23 and worth around 5 mil.  Investment wise I bought a wee cheapish Brazilian in my first season ,,player called Luanzinho for around 1mil paid in instalments ,, loaned him out to nimes in France and played off the bench a few times this season,,, scored the goal that knocked out Schalke and his value shot up to over 5.5mil lol,, got pretty average stats but plays ok,, might cash in on him with a sell on clause :)

Fodden was pretty decent for me, Harry Wilson went on loan to derby in my save. Dorrans was shocking, I don't know how you're keeping up with those sorts of players. Haven't you looked at free transfers? I like Morelos, but he's not as clinical as some strikers, but he provides plenty of assists so it's not an issue. Grezda is a really good player, he may not look it, but he was my first choice right winger and got 24 goals, 16 assists in 53 games. I've replaced him with Grant Ward for second season though, although Grezda will probably play the cup matches.

Luanzinho doesn't appear to be in my game :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back down to earth :(

Barca.thumb.png.ef3a42cca7b1e001b819ecf6184c6bfa.png

We put up a good fight though! Ter Stegen was just awesome for them though, gulf in class...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf Dorrans has been fair for me,, not so much scoring but has average rating for season of 7.4, and has remained fit for most of the season,, has bagged 5 or 6 from CM and a few assists.  He was only supposed to be a backup and was planning on using more Arfield and Jack with Fodden or the brazilian lad ahead of the mid two in my 4-2-3-1,, James Morrison was brought in as a free to more or less do the same as Dorrans and pass on some experience ,, was good for a few games (scored x2 on debut) then faded off and eventually became a resident at the Physio Dep lol

McCrorie also stands into the holding midfield role and pretty decent there and in CB,,, coming along nicely stats wise too.

An area that I know needs looked at,, but I only got around 4mil this 2nd season and spent elsewhere along with what I made from a selling candeias and Lafferty .

Like I said If Milan come back in for Barisic then I may be tempted,,, as good as Barisic is for me (2nd top scorer season 1) ,, he has some stamina issues,, and is always down at 90% if I try 2 games in a row.  Beside I spent fairly big on another LB as knew Wallace was finished and brought in a young Danish LB Andreas Poulsen, cost me about 4mil from BMG but a few months later now worth 6mil and only 20yr old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mikenevo said:

Back down to earth :(

Barca.thumb.png.ef3a42cca7b1e001b819ecf6184c6bfa.png

We put up a good fight though! Ter Stegen was just awesome for them though, gulf in class...

Yeh I lost the quarter final to Dortmund ,,, 2-2 at home then 2-1 to them away,, buggers scored in the 89th min to kill it,, still a good run tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trueblue said:

Tbf Dorrans has been fair for me,, not so much scoring but has average rating for season of 7.4, and has remained fit for most of the season,, has bagged 5 or 6 from CM and a few assists.  He was only supposed to be a backup and was planning on using more Arfield and Jack with Fodden or the brazilian lad ahead of the mid two in my 4-2-3-1,, James Morrison was brought in as a free to more or less do the same as Dorrans and pass on some experience ,, was good for a few games (scored x2 on debut) then faded off and eventually became a resident at the Physio Dep lol

McCrorie also stands into the holding midfield role and pretty decent there and in CB,,, coming along nicely stats wise too.

An area that I know needs looked at,, but I only got around 4mil this 2nd season and spent elsewhere along with what I made from a selling candeias and Lafferty .

Like I said If Milan come back in for Barisic then I may be tempted,,, as good as Barisic is for me (2nd top scorer season 1) ,, he has some stamina issues,, and is always down at 90% if I try 2 games in a row.  Beside I spent fairly big on another LB as knew Wallace was finished and brought in a young Danish LB Andreas Poulsen, cost me about 4mil from BMG but a few months later now worth 6mil and only 20yr old

I'm having the same issue as you with Barisic and it's annoying because the season has already started... I'm going to have to accept because he's already mad I rejected their loan offer.

Barisic.thumb.png.156d0d032806ec9d3e5ba36e066c4948.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeh I would have sold if they hadn't come in a week from the end of the January window.  At that point I was only 5 points behind Celtic still with 2 old firm games,,, so was afraid to risk it and get nobody to replace him with, esp in January.  I have found if you reject the bid the player always gets unhappy / unsettled,,, however if you do want to keep the player just counter their offer with something way above what you think they will pay... the players are less likely to kick off with you after, its as if you make the other club the bad guy for breaking off the negotiations and they blame them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and also sometimes the other club surprise you and come back with way more than you thought they would lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trueblue said:

yeh I would have sold if they hadn't come in a week from the end of the January window.  At that point I was only 5 points behind Celtic still with 2 old firm games,,, so was afraid to risk it and get nobody to replace him with, esp in January.  I have found if you reject the bid the player always gets unhappy / unsettled,,, however if you do want to keep the player just counter their offer with something way above what you think they will pay... the players are less likely to kick off with you after, its as if you make the other club the bad guy for breaking off the negotiations and they blame them. 

 

2 minutes ago, trueblue said:

and also sometimes the other club surprise you and come back with way more than you thought they would lol

Yeah I probably would have done the same in your situation, but we've still got a bit of time to figure something out and to be fair, I made them offer over double what they started with.

To be honest, this early on in the game, Rangers are always going to be a stepping stone and we've just got to take the top clubs for all their money and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get anyone, there's nobody worth getting that wants to come :( I was using Barisic as a left winger this season because I have Baba Rahman and Jay Dasilva on loan from Chelsea for the left back position. The only player I found was Andres Guardado for £1.2mil but Celtic were in for him as well and he chose them over us... Not sure why when we're in Champions League??? Enjoy playing on a Thursday! :applause:

On a side note, we just received £13.69mil for participating in the Champions League group stage, amazing amount of money! We now have £55mil in the bank. However, our group looks a bit difficult and we'll be up against Liverpool who will be looking for revenge!

Champl.thumb.png.d6b203d0fd636ef9008b9a4a5ac72b60.png

Edited by mikenevo
Wrong Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, trueblue said:

yeh I would have sold if they hadn't come in a week from the end of the January window.  At that point I was only 5 points behind Celtic still with 2 old firm games,,, so was afraid to risk it and get nobody to replace him with, esp in January.  I have found if you reject the bid the player always gets unhappy / unsettled,,, however if you do want to keep the player just counter their offer with something way above what you think they will pay... the players are less likely to kick off with you after, its as if you make the other club the bad guy for breaking off the negotiations and they blame them. 

That must be very rare though... In my Milan save, Suso got very angry when I countered Chelsea's offer, and is now unhappy that he was priced out of a move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easiest £7mil I've ever made, he complained about not playing, I told him it's a squad game and he would get game time at some point, he basically told me that wasn't good enough and he may look to leave, so I told him he could leave and then he said he didn't want to.

He literally just joined for free in the summer window and it's September, offered him out and some Saudi Arabian team came in for him!

Untitled.thumb.png.4d63d42dd85ba0624223327510d56e69.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished second with Hamilton and played in the Euro Cup. A decent run made the team good money and we now have $9 million in the bank. We’re also in 2nd again this season. 

The board should be happy, right? They say they are, but my contract is expiring and they are being cheap. My current salary is $120,000 and they only offered a raise to $150,000. I countered with $300k because I’ve been offered more than $500k by other clubs this season. The club says that’s too much.

There are many flaws in the game, and moronic boards are one of the big ones.  They don’t like success! They want to return to being a crappy money-losing zero of a club. Fine with me ... the Scottish league is a bit too screwed up for my taste anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2019 at 18:49, mikenevo said:

Easiest £7mil I've ever made, he complained about not playing, I told him it's a squad game and he would get game time at some point, he basically told me that wasn't good enough and he may look to leave, so I told him he could leave and then he said he didn't want to.

He literally just joined for free in the summer window and it's September, offered him out and some Saudi Arabian team came in for him!

Untitled.thumb.png.4d63d42dd85ba0624223327510d56e69.png

I've got him at Aberdeen in my game - staggering increase in value.......might well cash in on him soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gothenburg83 said:

I've got him at Aberdeen in my game - staggering increase in value.......might well cash in on him soon!

Yeah I was really shocked to see his value so high, especially when he hadn't even played for us.

Finally we've made a step forward! Alfredo Morelos has really stepped up for us this season and has been attracting masses of interest and his value has shot up to 17.25mil, I was thinking come January he will force a move and that would affect us, but now we've gone and done this amazing piece of business! I love the transfer list!

Bat.thumb.png.d1f9cce1295dca3057718fdd1e5df6ae.png

If Morelos goes, we have an even better striker to replace him, but if he stays then we have possibly a formidable strike force! It's a shame for Berahino because he has scored 23 goals in 27 games this season, but Batshuayi is a massive upgrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well,, havent used the editor yet to bring in my fantasy sugar daddy rescue package lol.  Finished 2nd season just 5 or 6 points behind celtic,,, had the better head to head just my squad wasn't enough to cope with the full season and injuries etc caught up with me and we dropped points to some of the others.  Still got to the Quarter final of the Europa and only just went out to Dortmund to an injury time goal.

 

Third season , (and the one that counts) with with 10 IAR to be stopped,,, some major changes to the squad,, a full overhaul.

No prisoners taken this year,,, 10Mil transfer Budget and :

OUT:

Barisic - 24.5mil to Bournemouth 

Katic - 15Mil to Stoke

Jamie Murphy - 1.3Mil to Aberdeen

Joel Pohjanpalo - 3.5Mil to Frankfurt

Luanzinho - 3.5Mil to Mareille

Also cut loose a lot of reserves etc that would never make first team and freed up some for wages

 

IN:

Ryan Fraser - 6mil

Lasse Vigan  - 2mil

Joe Bryan - 900k

Jordan Rhodes - Free - and only 3k a week, so no risk deal

Scott McKenna - 22mil - hated giving that to Aberdeen but they would have got maybe as much eventually from someone and I need the home grown players for euro reqs as well.

Franck Rivollier (Lyon) 4mil

Thiago Almada - Velez Wonderkid 14.5mil

Ruben Loftus Cheek - 21mil  - the Marquee signing 

 

In addition managed to extend the loans for Harry Wilson, Phil Fodden and Eddie Nketiah

 

Edited by trueblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, trueblue said:

Well,, havent used the editor yet to bring in my fantasy sugar daddy rescue package lol.  Finished 2nd season just 5 or 6 points behind celtic,,, had the better head to head just my squad wasn't enough to cope with the full season and injuries etc caught up with me and we dropped points to some of the others.  Still got to the Quarter final of the Europa and only just went out to Dortmund to an injury time goal.

 

Third season , (and the one that counts) with with 10 IAR to be stopped,,, some major changes to the squad,, a full overhaul.

No prisoners taken this year,,, 10Mil transfer Budget and :

OUT:

Barisic - 24.5mil to Bournemouth 

Katic - 15Mil to Stoke

Jamie Murphy - 1.3Mil to Aberdeen

Joel Pohjanpalo - 3.5Mil to Frankfurt

Luanzinho - 3.5Mil to Mareille

Also cut loose a lot of reserves etc that would never make first team and freed up some for wages

 

IN:

Ryan Fraser - 6mil

Lasse Vigan  - 2mil

Joe Bryan - 900k

Jordan Rhodes - Free - and only 3k a week, so no risk deal

Scott McKenna - 22mil - hated giving that to Aberdeen but they would have got maybe as much eventually from someone and I need the home grown players for euro reqs as well.

Franck Rivollier (Lyon) 4mil

Thiago Almada - Velez Wonderkid 14.5mil

Ruben Loftus Cheek - 21mil  - the Marquee signing 

 

In addition managed to extend the loans for Harry Wilson, Phil Fodden and Eddie Nketiah

 

Lots of changes, I hope it works out for you! I absolutely love Jordan Rhodes, he was one of my all time favorite players from a previous fm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm a month into season 3 and after selling Barisic (£28m) and Xadas (£11m) my bank balance has shot up to £50m.

I've asked for a stadium expansion which the board have agreed to but it's going to cost £42m and it'll only be an additional 7k seats.

Once this is complete next year, will that figure be wiped off my balance? Pretty annoying if it does as I've wheeled and dealed some amount to get it to where it's at!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rino72. said:

So I'm a month into season 3 and after selling Barisic (£28m) and Xadas (£11m) my bank balance has shot up to £50m.

I've asked for a stadium expansion which the board have agreed to but it's going to cost £42m and it'll only be an additional 7k seats.

Once this is complete next year, will that figure be wiped off my balance? Pretty annoying if it does as I've wheeled and dealed some amount to get it to where it's at!

Happened to me also.  When Dave King told me that we had sold 40k+ season tickets for the year ahead I cheekily requested a stadium expansion ,, thinking he would tell me where to go.  He has approved it,, and I had already talked him into upgrading the youth training facilities as well.  A lot of my transfer deals are over 2 or 3 years too.  Plus just after spending all I have ,, as the season started I got another msg off him saying due to an increased bank balance he is upping the money avail from transfers from 80% to 100%.

Not sure where all this money is coming from,,, maybe its EBT's again lol.  

 

I have had in other saves before tho,,,where you get so far into building work then they run out of cash and put a stop to it,,, so guess we will have to wait and see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, trueblue said:

Happened to me also.  When Dave King told me that we had sold 40k+ season tickets for the year ahead I cheekily requested a stadium expansion ,, thinking he would tell me where to go.  He has approved it,, and I had already talked him into upgrading the youth training facilities as well.  A lot of my transfer deals are over 2 or 3 years too.  Plus just after spending all I have ,, as the season started I got another msg off him saying due to an increased bank balance he is upping the money avail from transfers from 80% to 100%.

Not sure where all this money is coming from,,, maybe its EBT's again lol.  

 

I have had in other saves before tho,,,where you get so far into building work then they run out of cash and put a stop to it,,, so guess we will have to wait and see. 

Aye the board defo seem to be very generous money wise this year!

After selling Barisic I signed Rafa Soares and Ryan Gravenberch and still had £10m plus to spend. Also got something like £60k free for wages.

I think King has found some extra cash down the back of his couch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rino72. said:

Aye the board defo seem to be very generous money wise this year!

After selling Barisic I signed Rafa Soares and Ryan Gravenberch and still had £10m plus to spend. Also got something like £60k free for wages.

I think King has found some extra cash down the back of his couch...

How much did gravenberch cost you?  I was tempted to go in for him too,,, but as my midfield was the area i really needed to improve i was worried about spending so much and then relying on a young kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only concern for this season is i let Alnwick leave and was going to just get another back up keeper.

On deadline day i had offers and contracts accepted by Aberdeens joe lewis and some other European keeper,,, then at last min I got approached by agent of that young serb keeper at Roma that I really wanted, in a come get me plea.  I knocked back the other 2 deals and went for it,, only for after bid and contract accepted for him to be refused a work permit.  Now i only have one keeper and a couple of kids in U18s , even the reserve ones are out on loan lol.  Might have to look at free agent if my main picks up injury.

No reason as well why that keeper should get permit refused,,, has 11 caps for serbia and the young serb defender i got had only 3 caps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rino72. said:

So I'm a month into season 3 and after selling Barisic (£28m) and Xadas (£11m) my bank balance has shot up to £50m.

I've asked for a stadium expansion which the board have agreed to but it's going to cost £42m and it'll only be an additional 7k seats.

Once this is complete next year, will that figure be wiped off my balance? Pretty annoying if it does as I've wheeled and dealed some amount to get it to where it's at!

That's weird, it's costing me £38mil for exactly the same 7k seats, I wonder why it's costing you more? I'm pretty sure it gets wiped off. Luckily for me I just sold Morelos for £36.5mil so that almost covers the cost. Bit disappointing to lose him though...

 

5 hours ago, trueblue said:

How much did gravenberch cost you?  I was tempted to go in for him too,,, but as my midfield was the area i really needed to improve i was worried about spending so much and then relying on a young kid

I thought I'd check out Gravenberch, he looks really good, but not for £72mil...

 

5 hours ago, trueblue said:

My only concern for this season is i let Alnwick leave and was going to just get another back up keeper.

On deadline day i had offers and contracts accepted by Aberdeens joe lewis and some other European keeper,,, then at last min I got approached by agent of that young serb keeper at Roma that I really wanted, in a come get me plea.  I knocked back the other 2 deals and went for it,, only for after bid and contract accepted for him to be refused a work permit.  Now i only have one keeper and a couple of kids in U18s , even the reserve ones are out on loan lol.  Might have to look at free agent if my main picks up injury.

No reason as well why that keeper should get permit refused,,, has 11 caps for serbia and the young serb defender i got had only 3 caps

See if you can sign Predrag Rajkovic from Maccabi Tel-Aviv, he's also Serbian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were so close to the impossible... Came 2nd in the group stage behind Liverpool, then cruelly got City in the 1st Knockout Round :( Can't see us going through considering we're away in the second leg.

City.thumb.png.4c7f233214e6158bc86833ab4aab3864.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikenevo said:

That's weird, it's costing me £38mil for exactly the same 7k seats, I wonder why it's costing you more? I'm pretty sure it gets wiped off. Luckily for me I just sold Morelos for £36.5mil so that almost covers the cost. Bit disappointing to lose him though...

 

I thought I'd check out Gravenberch, he looks really good, but not for £72mil...

 

See if you can sign Predrag Rajkovic from Maccabi Tel-Aviv, he's also Serbian

That is who I have been trying to buy,,, he's at Roma in my save but wants to come,,, cant get a work permit tho.  Have tried a few times, and have even got the board to agree on signing him only for the work permit to get in the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, trueblue said:

How much did gravenberch cost you?  I was tempted to go in for him too,,, but as my midfield was the area i really needed to improve i was worried about spending so much and then relying on a young kid

Think it was only £6m plus another £3/4m in installments, was still at Ajax and is still only 18, also now down as a wonderkid.

Looks phenomenal though and scored a hat trick on his European debut.

Massive selection headache with centre mids now though; Gravenberch, Elneny, Alena, Fleck, Kohr and Arfield all fighting for 2/3 spots.

Also spoiled on the wings too with Gnabry, Kent, Roberts, Woo-Yeong and Malcolm all in contention!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikenevo said:

That's weird, it's costing me £38mil for exactly the same 7k seats, I wonder why it's costing you more? I'm pretty sure it gets wiped off. Luckily for me I just sold Morelos for £36.5mil so that almost covers the cost. Bit disappointing to lose him though...

 

I thought I'd check out Gravenberch, he looks really good, but not for £72mil...

 

See if you can sign Predrag Rajkovic from Maccabi Tel-Aviv, he's also Serbian

Not sure why its dearer myself, it's not 7k exactly just a few hundred more.

I had everything agreed with Rajkovic to arrive as McGregor's replacement for 2m and 20k a week in wages only for him to fail his work permit. Weird as he had over 20 caps for Serbia and was down as one of their key players.

Ended up signing Audero on loan from Juve who looks even better than Rajkovic so pretty happy with how its played out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rino72. said:

Not sure why its dearer myself, it's not 7k exactly just a few hundred more.

I had everything agreed with Rajkovic to arrive as McGregor's replacement for 2m and 20k a week in wages only for him to fail his work permit. Weird as he had over 20 caps for Serbia and was down as one of their key players.

Ended up signing Audero on loan from Juve who looks even better than Rajkovic so pretty happy with how its played out.

Audero is decent enough for this league, but Rajkovic is definitely better when you compare them. Audero has certain stats such as Determination and Reflexes which are better, but apart from that Rajkovic is either level or better. Rajkovic also has better potential.

I'm not sure why you couldn't get a work permit, I didn't seem to have any issues.

Goalkeepers.thumb.png.e13c5e040dd15d63982e22f2dd1e8a30.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mikenevo said:

Audero is decent enough for this league, but Rajkovic is definitely better when you compare them. Audero has certain stats such as Determination and Reflexes which are better, but apart from that Rajkovic is either level or better. Rajkovic also has better potential.

I'm not sure why you couldn't get a work permit, I didn't seem to have any issues.

Goalkeepers.thumb.png.e13c5e040dd15d63982e22f2dd1e8a30.png

Aye it's a weird one, SFA at it again no doubt :lol:

Audero has developed alot better in my save, will get a pic uploaded when back on the computer. 

Rajkovic ended up at Sevilla on 96k per week so hopefully I can get Audero to join permanently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Must have clicked on something without realising as it says he is joining in January but unable to play,, great 5 mil wasted .  Will try again then but may have to loan him out,,, has over 21 caps for serbia now as well so no idea why he getting rejected.  On another note tho,, the young Serb defender I picked up for a snip the season prior , Svetozar Markovic has just turned 20 this season and has become a Wonderkid,,cost about 2mil in season 2.   That makes 3 wonderkids in the squad this season now, 

3rd Season very tight so far,,, lost the first OF game away 3-0,,, but other than a draw with Killie and one with Hibs , full points from there on now in 17 games.  Celtic have a game in hand and are 2 points behind me having had 3 draws against the other teams,,and our goal difference is more or less identical,,,, not much room for error this year

Edited by trueblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played the 2nd OF at Ibrox and returned the favour and beat them 3-1.

Thats us 7 points in front although they have a game in hand.

I tried a few times towards the end of last season bringing on Dapo and a couple of starts in europe in last couple group games once qualified.  Got to be honest he was fairly anonymous,, never really did anything.  This season i decided to send out on loan to kilmarnock and he has 8 goals by December for them.  His stats are rising as well,,, maybe just kind of player who meeds steady game time.  As i play one up front I was never going to drop morelos ,, esp this season of all seasons lol.  Im keeping eye on him tho.  Was really disappointed with Rudden this year,,, tried him few times too and nothing,  sent out on loan season 2 and was ineffective there too,,, shame was a beast in previous FMs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2019 at 21:47, trueblue said:

Just played the 2nd OF at Ibrox and returned the favour and beat them 3-1.

Thats us 7 points in front although they have a game in hand.

I tried a few times towards the end of last season bringing on Dapo and a couple of starts in europe in last couple group games once qualified.  Got to be honest he was fairly anonymous,, never really did anything.  This season i decided to send out on loan to kilmarnock and he has 8 goals by December for them.  His stats are rising as well,,, maybe just kind of player who meeds steady game time.  As i play one up front I was never going to drop morelos ,, esp this season of all seasons lol.  Im keeping eye on him tho.  Was really disappointed with Rudden this year,,, tried him few times too and nothing,  sent out on loan season 2 and was ineffective there too,,, shame was a beast in previous FMs 

That's great news, hopefully you can keep going and win the league! Fingers crossed they draw or lose that game.

I think Dapo could become a good striker for the club if developed. He's scored a hatrick twice for me, but other than that he hasn't done much in 7(2) games, although he did get two assists as well. I benefit from using two strikers, so I'm able to give him games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City.thumb.png.03923f7453965d6050c0c34bf98b6312.png

We were massively close... We were far from being the better team in both matches, but we were scoring our chances. Can't wait for next seasons Champions League!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of the season, treble winners, unbeaten again in league, Ryan Kent came back in January on loan and picked up young player of the season, reached the 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League, losing on away goals to Manchester City. What a season!

We're now upgrading our season, although it seems they changed their minds to only adding less than 5,000 seats??? Also, we took out a bank loan to cover the majority of the costs despite having the money in our bank... I would have preferred we just paid it outright as now we have £5mil in interest to pay!

Also upgrading the training facilities.

Thinking of cashing in on Berahino as he doesn't seem to improve at all and his value has probably reached it's peak at 12mil. He's also lost his form since Morelos left in January.

We have Rob Holding from Arsenal, 3. Rogério from Juventus and Patrick Roberts from Manchester City all arriving for free for the new season. We also have Scottish lad Scott McKenna joining for £11mil from Aberdeen which will help for the Champions League.

Probably going to sell Nikola Katic with Holding and McKenna coming in as McCrorie took his spot in the starting 11 this season.

There are also some juicy potential free signings if they run their contracts down, but we will have to wait and see who will actually join!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...