Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gabriponte22

Player randomly retiring

Hello,

I've been continuing my Football Manager 2017 career, till I reached January 15 2020 IG. In that date, one of my key players decided to retire, because of a nonexistent injury coming out from the immense power of his imagination. To point out, these are the injuries he had during the season:

Twisted ankle (out 2 weeks) on 18 September 2019

Dead leg (out 2 days) on 22 October 2019

Facial injury (out 3 days) on 3 November 2019

Now, on the 15th of January 2020, this pearl turns up:
" KRC Genk's thirty-five-year-old right midfielder Arjen Robben has announced his decision to retire.
The player admitted that his recent major injury has caused him to seriously consider his long-term health.
Robben's intended retirement date is Thursday 16th January 2020 ."

Yes boi, facial injuries and dead legs are really serious injuries...

I tried going forward with the game. He actually retired in the least professional way possible, and the injury insurance turns out to pay us 51k for a player whose loan we pay/paid  925k per month and is valued 2.9M.

Don't know if the government has tried to hire helicopters to spread THC across Genk, but how can I solve this?

I doubt that there is anything you can do unless there is an option in the player interaction drop down menu to ask him to reconsider.  If he is on loan, then this won't be available.

Older player retirements are coded into the game and unfortunately can come at inopportune moments

5 minuti fa, FrazT ha scritto:

I doubt that there is anything you can do unless there is an option in the player interaction drop down menu to ask him to reconsider.  If he is on loan, then this won't be available.

Older player retirements are coded into the game and unfortunately can come at inopportune moments

I guess I'll ask on the FMRTE forums then? Thanks anyway.

1 minute ago, Gabriponte22 said:

I guess I'll ask on the FMRTE forums then? Thanks anyway.

That could well be the answer.