Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Laurefinwe

Recommended week plan: always counter-press?

I don't know if this is a bug or if it is intended to be so, but the recommended training week plan for tactical style is ALWAYS counter-press. We do not play counter-press, we didn't play counter-press in my previous team, however the game always recommends and schedules counter-press when a tactical style plan should be trained. Am I missing something here? 'Cause it feels like I'm missing something here.

Posted here because in case it's actually something wrong I'll provide whatever is necessary.

Hi @Laurefinwe

Are you using a custom tactic or a pre-set one? If you're using a preset tactic (i.e gegenpress) and it's selecting 'counter-press' that shouldn't be happening.

Every so often the assistant will suggest/select a 'tactical style' training week, if you're using a custom tactic the assistant will try and suggest the tactical style that is as close a fit as it can get to the tactic you've got setup. 

Cheers

Russell

Thanks Russell, I hadn't considered that factor, although the frequency with which the assistant suggests gegenpress feels a bit to high.

I created my own tactic: offensive mentality, short passes, standard tempo, play out from defence, work ball into the box, close down a bit more but never get stuck in, reshape instead of counter press, look for the overlap of both wing-backs, use offside trap, prevent short passes tothe GK... We end up having lots of possession and passes, as well as playing most of the match time in the opposition's half. The tactics screen does show that the intensity required will be somewhat high (pink high), although the gegenpress training week that the assman suggests feels a bit too physical for the way we play, I most of the times change it to Vertical Tiki-taka or Control possession.

It would make sense to have the gegenpress week once in a while of course, but right now the assman was suggesting 2 gegenpress weeks every month (unfortunately I can't provide the save any more, I'll try to reproduce this and see if I notice any changes with variations to the mentality).

2 per month is about right, especially if the AM also leans this way. You are able to edit a week as a whole yourself from either the weekly training preview news item or the Calendar page.