Carl Jung once said "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or RKC.."

Deisler26

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across this thread and read through over the last HR or two in work. I must say congratulations on the double, what a great achievement.

I've never done a save like this before and it seems so tempting, do you keep existing players at club till you can replace them with any youth no matter how good/bad they are ? 

43 minutes ago, lfc7 said:

Just came across this thread and read through over the last HR or two in work. I must say congratulations on the double, what a great achievement.

I've never done a save like this before and it seems so tempting, do you keep existing players at club till you can replace them with any youth no matter how good/bad they are ? 

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Basically. I mean, I try to supplant the existing players with youth players at the earliest opportunity and when the first intake comes in, there is a huge cull then 

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Basically. I mean, I try to supplant the existing players with youth players at the earliest opportunity and when the first intake comes in, there is a huge cull then 

Thanks. I shall follow future updates. Must of been great to win the league, all your hard work paying off. Now for Europe :D

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2026

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

Intake #8. It's the Class of 2026.

2026 yoof 2

This intake was average, but included some-much needed defensive cover. We'll concentrate on the 3* prospects and up, unless there are any significant deviations. We had Colin Ajiach, Robin Ten Hag, Bernard Cudjoe, Stefan van Gerwen and Jelle Maas as our 3* and up. However, due to the lack of youth DC's at the time, 2* prospect Fernando Pereira was included in the Top 3.

Colin Ajiach

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Since his promotion from the academy, Colin has made 50 appearances in all competitions for the first team, scoring one goal and assisting 7 times for an average rating of 7.22. Last season, however, he was loaned out to our feeder team, Rijnsburgse Boys, where he made 33 appearances and assisted 4 times for an average match rating of 6.84

Colin has made just the one appearance for the Netherlands U-21s side in his career so far.

Robin ten Hag

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Sparta Rotterdam

Robin was a great prospect coming up and a player that I thought could be a world-beater. He played 5 games for us in his time here, but only made two substitute appearances in the league with an average of 7.15. He managed 3 goals in the KNVB Beker and was set for a bright future, until his agent came to the club and wanted to renegotiate his contract. He asked for nearly treble the wages of our highest earner and the player took it badly when I told him no. So I put him in the reserves and put him up for sale. Eventually, AFC Ajax Amsterdam came in the summer of 2027 with a £2m bid and I snapped their hand off. He made 7 appearances for Ajax's first team and nearly the same for Jong Ajax as well, scoring 2 goals with an average of 6.87. In January 2029, however, he was sensationally sold for £1.2m to Sparta Rotterdam. In two and a half seasons with Sparta so far, Robin has made 76 appearances, scoring 21 goals and assisting 7 times for an average rating of 6.99.

Robin has also made 3 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's, but is also yet to pick up a full cap

Bernard Cudjoe

Bernard has had an up-and-down career since he was promoted from the academy. So far, he has made 24 appearances for the first team, scoring 9 goals and assisting 3 times for an average match rating of 7.12. In the 2029/30 season, he was sent on loan to feeder club Rijinsburgse Boys where he made 31 appearances for them, scoring 13 goals and assisting 9 times for an average rating of 7.15. In the January transfer window last season, he was sent on loan again, this time to Liga NOS side Portimonense S.C. In the six months he was in Portugal, he made 10 appearances and scored 3 goals for an average rating of 6.84.

Bernard has made appearances for the Netherlands U-20 side, but has so far not appeared any higher.

Stefan van Gerwen

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Stefan has also endured a difficult start to his career at the club. Too much of a winger to be a striker and too much of a striker to be a winger, nevertheless, he has made 79 appearances for the club in all competitions, including a monster 41 last season. During this time, he's scored 20 goals and assisted 7 times for an average rating of 6.98. He was sent on loan to Sparta Rotterdam in the 2029/30 season, playing 8 games and scoring 3 goals for a average match rating of 7.16

Stefan has made 14 appearances for the Netherlands U-21 side to date, scoring 3 goals

Jelle Maas

Jelle has again been a bit-part player since he was promoted. During his time so far at the club, he has made 39 appearances in all competitions, scoring 2 goals and assisting 6 times for an average match rating of 7.04.

Jelle has made appearances for the Netherlands U-19 side, but has so far not appeared any higher.

Fernando Pereira

Fernando was tipped for big things when I showcased him, despite his apparent lack of talent. Sadly, he hasn't panned out as much as I'd hoped. He has currently only made 4 appearances for the club since his arrival, all in the KNVB Beker, scoring on his debut, for an average rating of 7.93. He has spent the last three seasons on loan too. First, in 2028/29 to FC Den Bosch (14 appearances, 6.54), then in 2029/30 to FC Emmen (3 appearances, 1 assist, 6.30) and then finally, last season at SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden (6 appearances, 6.70)

This was possibly the best intake so far with regards to first team appearances for the below 3* rated players, with Vincent Ippel, Gilberto Costa, Nick Vreekamp, Oussama El Khatib and Karim Mansouri all making first team appearances last season,

You've inspired me to start another save with RKC on FM19 after chopping/changing with so many teams this year. You also inspired me to have a long term save with them in FM17 which was fantastic so hoping for more of the same this time around. Currently in the play-off spots with 7 games left, but very inconsistent this season! Emil Hansson is quality though, 21 goals in 28 games (league) from left wing. 

love it! Just read the whole thing whilst I should be working lol 

Congrats on the double!  

I applaud anyone who does this kind of save, how you dont, when your best players are leaving and see that transfer budget, go and spend millions i'll never know! lol

Can we see what the Clubs finances are like?  

On 03/06/2019 at 11:21, ITFC_Blue said:

You've inspired me to start another save with RKC on FM19 after chopping/changing with so many teams this year. You also inspired me to have a long term save with them in FM17 which was fantastic so hoping for more of the same this time around. Currently in the play-off spots with 7 games left, but very inconsistent this season! Emil Hansson is quality though, 21 goals in 28 games (league) from left wing. 

I appreciate the love! Hopefully, you'll document it here!

On 03/06/2019 at 14:16, dap1987 said:

love it! Just read the whole thing whilst I should be working lol 

Congrats on the double!  

I applaud anyone who does this kind of save, how you dont, when your best players are leaving and see that transfer budget, go and spend millions i'll never know! lol

Can we see what the Clubs finances are like?  

finances

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2031 Transfer Window

Targets:

2032 targets

Our second time in the UEFA Champions League. Hopefully, we'll be here to stay

Transfers:

2032 aug transfers

Just the three departures this window. All were very surplus to requirements so a sale for whatever I could get was perfect

Wil van Boekel (sold to Girondins de Bordeaux for £36k)

Wil was a career backup and when he requested to go, it was easily granted

Anthony Assouiki (sold to FC Eindhoven for £125k)

Career backup, easily let go

Gilberto Costa (sold to FC Volendam for £425m + 50% sell on)

He was supplanted by a recent academy graduate, therefore became expendable.

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

7d30134d242a453e9a6b762ef9b06725.jpg

2031/32 UEFA Champions League

2032 ucl table

2032 ucl results

The Chelsea loss was due to a first half hat-trick by ex-player Andre de Wit

Which leads us into the Knockout Stages and...

2032 ucl 1kr

Could go either way, tbh

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2032 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2032 jan transfers

A lot of players left the club this January. Read on as to why.

DL Erik Franssen (sold for £75k to S.C Telstar)

Fifth choice DL, about to leave the club on a free? Simple maths.

ST Bernard Cudjoe (sold for £2m + 50% sell on clause to Calcio Avellino S.S.D)

He was dumped in the reserves after a poor stretch for the first team, which saw me transfer list three strikers. Avellino came in with a bid and he was gone

ST Muayed Abbas (sold for £1m + 50% sell on clause to PEC Zwolle)

He was also one of the three who were dumped and transfer-listed. Zwolle offered him a way out. I showed him the exit.

DC Pim de Jong (sold for £150k to Fortuna Sittard)

6th choice centre-back, there was no way he would make the grade and he was already moaning about game time

AML/ST Stefan van Gerwen (sold for £11m + 50% sell on to RC Celta Vigo)

One that escaped the Night of the Sh*t Strikers, but, equally, wasn't doing the business either. Luckily, Celta came in and relived me of the choice

GK Cagri Bal (sold for £1m + 50% sell on to Real Zaragoza S.A.D)

Bradley Knopper's fall and rise meant that Bal was third choice and the opportunity to cash in was a good one.

ST Jesse Schapendonk (sold for £10m + 50% sell on clause to Paris Saint-Germain)

A huge rising star, but PSG were sniffing around and with a release clause looming, I took the opportunity to get the sell-on, rather than miss out later.

DM/MC Floris Bastiaansen (sold for £20m + 50% sell on clause to FC Internazionale)

Floris had been unsettled by a number of low-ball bids from Manchester United, but I refused to let him go unless his release clause was met. Inter were closest, so I negotiated to get the sell-on too

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

10th February 2032

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round, Leg 1

Dmitry Rybolovlev Park, Monaco

A.S Monaco FC 3 - 1 RKC Waalwijk

2032 ucl 1kr l1

It could have been so different, as seconds before their third goal, we beat their keeper and hit the post.. We were also 4 DM's down through suspension and injury for this one.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

3rd March 2032

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round, Leg 2

KLM Flightpath Arena, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk 1 - 0 |A.S Monaco FC (Monaco win 2-3 on aggregate)

2032 ucl 1kr l2

A tale of two VAR's. The first ruled out Sam van Weert's goal by inches for offside, the second led to the penalty that Scott Langerak scored. Helaas Pindakaas!

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2032 Youth Intake

2032 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #14. Just the two prospects over 3* and to be honest, I'm not sold on them too.. We're still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 2 Prospects

GK Wim de Bie

Wim is a prospective first team keeper, but he'd need to improve a lot to even get there.

MC Dennis Kluivert

Dennis enters at the back of the logjam in the centre of the park. He's gonna have to develop a hell of a lot to get a spot in the first team rotation

The others, at this point, either a) didn't look like they'd improve enough to be first team or b) were in completely the wrong position and didn't show any skills to be retrained.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2032?

Just how local are my intakes? We have State of the Art Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

We're staying further out this time, as seen by the two international players.

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2032

2032 yc result

A very dull game with nothing to recommend it

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Orlando Macedo (6.7)

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2nd May 2032

KNVB Beker Final

De Kuip, Rotterdam

AZ Alkmaar 2 - 1 RKC Waalwijk (AET)

2032 cup final

Fatigue and injury caught up with us this season as, shorn of 5 first team players with injuries, we played a sub-par game and lost

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2031/32 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 2nd place (predicted 6th) - Runners Up, qualified for UEFA Champions League

Such a disappointing season. We had a horrific November, which killed us and meant we finished 2nd in the Eredivisie. Feyenoord were pretty unstoppable this season, which means I need to push harder next season. In fact, I was so disappointed, it seriously made me consider carrying on with this team. But, I have a job to do. So let's do it.

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Runners Up (predicted Quarter-Final)

It never rains, but it pours. We breezed past Keuken Kampioen Divisie opposition in SBV Excelsior, 3-1, in the First Round before dispatching another Keuken Kampioen Divisie side Heracles Almelo 3-0 in the Second Round. We were then paired up with FC Twente Enschede again in the Third Round and it took a late goal in ET to give us a 2-1 win AET. We then faced yet another Keuken Kampioen Divisie side Willem II Tilburg in the Quarter Finals, however we completely failed to get out of first gear, only winning 1-0 in the 94th minute!. In the Semi Finals, we destroyed AFC AJax Amsterdam 4-0.  This put us into the Final where we faced AZ Alkmaar, but with 5 first team players out injured, losing 1-2 AET was a very bitter pill to swallow.  Cup Results

UEFA Champions League: Lost in First Knockout Round (predicted Group Stage)

Our second season in Europe's premier competition, but first as direct qualifiers and we set about the Group Stage by somehow qualifying 1st in a group that contained Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea FC & SL Benfica. We were then drawn against Ligue 1 giants A.S Monaco F.C. And one two minute spell defined this entire time. Trailing 1-2 in the first leg, Van Weert beats the keeper with a placed shot, but the ball rolls onto the post and comes out. The subsequent clearance and attack gives Monaco, as unassailable 1-3 lead. Despite a 1-0 win at home, we were eliminated 2-3 on aggregate. Euro Results

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Summary

Probably the worst season of my career to date, for disappointment.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2032/33 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them. We're chugging away quite nicely right now for players, but we do need to start retraining players for positions, otherwise we'll see an issue when injuries or player sales bite (Lineups accurate on 14:00, 14 July 2032)

Goalkeeper

Bradley Knopper

Oussama El Khatib

Right Back                                                                                                     Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Melvin Plat                                                                         Jordi Huisman                                                                       Danny van Agt                                                      Thom de Vlieger

Jeroen Gorter                                                                       Ruud Propper                                                                      David Karreman                                                 Gijs van Duijnhoven

Jelany Misidjang                                                                 Riechedly Gosepa                                                                                                                                                        Colin Ajiach

Defensive Midfield

Edward Franken                      

Mark Linders

Vincent Ippel

Right Midfield                                                                                     Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                              Left MIdfield  

Jordie de Looijer                                                            Rutger Warmolts                                                                     Frans Jansen                                                           Bjorn Wolf

Jual Talea                                                                          Mark Wijks                                                                          Scott Langerak                                                   Karim Mansouri

Jesse Bakermans                                                                  Simon den Dikken                                              

Striker

Sam van Weert

Andre Wassenberg

Sam Bakkenes

A number of changes to the depth chart this season at all levels as we try to transition to a younger side

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2027

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

Intake #9. It's the Class of 2027.

2027 yoof 2

A lot of talent in the upper echelons of this intake, but it wasn't a big one. We'll concentrate on the 3* prospects and up, unless there are any significant deviations. We had Muayad Abbas, Lee-Quincy Profijt and Floris Bastiaansen as our 3* and up. 

Muayed Abbas

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, PEC Zwolle

Muayed was highly rated in this intake. In his 6 years at the club, he played 32 games in all competitions, scoring 11 goals and assisting once for a match rating of 7.32. During the 2030/31 season, however, he was loaned to feeder club Rijinsburgse Boys, where he made 39 appearances, scoring 13 goals and assisting 6 times for an average rating of 6.92. He suffered a very poor start to the 2031/32 season and was subsequently demoted to the reserves in the 'Night of the Poor Strikers' purge. Luckily, fellow Eredivisie side PEC Zwolle rescued him in January 2032 from reserve hell with a £1m bid. Despite them being relegated that season, he scored 11 goals and assisted once for an average rating of 6.58. Muayed has just the one piece of silverware to his name, the 2031 Johan Cruijff Schaal.

Muayed is a full Israel international, with 29 caps and 7 goals, making his debut against Italy in March 2029 and scoring his first goal against Latvia some three months later in June 2029.

Lee-Quincy Profijt

Now: 21 years old, Paris Saint-Germain

Lee-Quincey was a godsend at a time when we needed young centre-backs. In his time at the club, he made 53 appearance for the club in all competitions, scoring 2 goals for an average rating of 7.05. However, as seems to be usual whenever we have a decent prospect, Paris Saint-Germain came calling and unsettling. So we sold him for £12.5m + 50% sell on. He is yet to have made an appearance for the PSG first team and actually spent the 2030/31 season on loan to La Liga Santander side Real Sociedad S.A.D. Whilst in Spain, he made 29 appearances in all competitions, scoring one goal for an average rating of 6.81.

Lee-Quincey has also made 23 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's, but is also yet to pick up a full cap

Floris Bastiaansen

Now: 21 years old, F.C Internazionale

Floris looked to have a future with the club when he arrived out of the academy. In five and a half seasons at the club, he made 68 appearances in all competitions, scoring 8 goals and assisting 6 times for an average rating of 6.92. However, he was starting to complain about lack of game time and, despite the opportunities given to him, he would not stop complaining, so when FC Internazionale offered £20m + 50% sell on in the January of 2032, it was a no-brainer to let him go, despite his talent. In the rest of the Serie A TIM season for his new club, he made 5 appearances, for an average rating of 6.57.

Floris has also made 6 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's, scoring twice.

This was a fairly decent intake for the below 3* rated players, with Edward Franken being an established first team player and Jelany Musjang, along with Mitchell Mokono also making first team appearances

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

25th August 2032

UEFA Champions League Best Placed Playoff, Leg 2

KLM Flightpath Arena, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 0 Vitória Sport Clube (RKC win 7-0 on aggregate)

2033 ucl bqr 2r 2

And into the Champions League Group Stage, we go

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2032 Transfer Window

Targets:

2033 targets

Starting to become a fixture in the UEFA Champions League. But we need to start consistently winning the league or get a better UEFA co-efficient as we're having to fight through the playoff and it's affecting our league form.

Transfers:

2033 aug transfers

Just the two departures this window.

Rein van Helmond (sold to AZ Alkmaar for £3.5m)

Rein was our first choice MR, but he wasn't improving, so when I loaned him to AZ last season, I put in a clause for £3.5m if he played a certain amount of games for them. He did and he was off.

Jeroen Gorter (sold to Helmond Sport for £1.6m)

My backup DR, but with a lot of talent behind him, he was victim of the logjam

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.png

RKC Waalwijk

January 2033 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2033 jan transfers

A mass exodus from the club this window, mainly players who were out of contract at the end of the season and I had no use for. But we did make money on two sales

Kevin Prent (sold to Spezia Calcio to £2.5m)

A real disappointment in the end, Kevin never showed the promise that he offered when he came into the club. Just 34 goals in 104 league appearances wasn't good enough for me.

Leo van Helmond (sold to Almere City for £250k + 50% sell on)

A solid youth talent, but with the logjam at DC, he was never dislodging anyone and to save myself another contract, I got rid

Edited by Deisler26

RKC Waalwijk

2033 Youth Intake

2033 yute 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #15. Some gems, some real chaff. We're still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Prospects

ST Kees Bastiaansen

Kees is gratefully received as we've cleaned the cupboard of striking prospects

DC Berry Jansen

Berry continues a decent conveyor belt of central defenders. It might mean that we get rid of a 30 year old Danny van Agt as well.

DRC Teun Veerman

Teun is going to be immediately retrained as a BWM and will become Mark Wijks' heir.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2033?

Just how local are my intakes? We have State of the Art Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

Apart from the Israeli, we've got a fairly local intake again. Which, to be honest, is good, because it seems the further away they are, the worse they are.

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2033

2033 yute match

An extremely dull game won by a bundled in goal from a corner. The highlight was a 89th minute Geoff Thomas-esque chip which Kees Bastiaansen put right into the keeper's waiting arms.

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Teun Veerman (7.0)

RKC Waalwijk

1st May 2033

KNVB Beker Final

De Kuip, Rotterdam

RKC Waalwijk 2 - 0 NAC Breda (AET)

2033 cup win 2

Horrifically poor all game, it took seizing on a poor backpass to get the first and a thunderbolt for the second. Still, it's silverware.

2033 cup win 1