Carl Jung once said "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or RKC.."

Deisler26

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

UEFA-Champions-League-01.png

2029/30 UEFA Champions League

2030 ucl table

2030 ucl group stage

The loss was a stitch up as we were leading into the 80th minute, before identical goals from corners sank us.

Which leads us into the Knockout Stages and...

2030 UCL knockout

Should be at least a good matchup.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

13th March 2030

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round, Leg 2

KLM Flightpath Arena, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk 1 - 3 Bayer 04 Leverkusen (Bayer 04 win 5-3 on aggregate)

2030 ucl 1st k 2nd

Really, really poor. Mark Wijks' red card killed the game off, when my poor tactic selection put us on the brink. *SIGH*

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2030 Youth Intake

2030 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #12. One superstar and not much else... We're still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Prospects

DL Thom de Vlieger

Thom is just simply the best prospect I have ever seen. WOW.

ST Sam Bakkenes

Sam is a good striking prospect and sorely needed after the cupboard was stripped bare recently.

M/AMR Jordie de Nooijer

Jordie is a good candidate for backup for the right wing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2030?

Just how local are my intakes? We have State of the Art Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

Our intake pool again stayed strong on this, with only Huisman being more than 100km from the club

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2030

2030 ryc result

Shockingly, a first win in a few years for the RYC! And quite against the run of play as well, as all three top prospects combined for de Looijer to tap home into an empty net just before half-time to give them the win.

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Thom de Vlieger (7.3)

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2029/30 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 3rd place (predicted 9th) - Qualified for UEFA Europa League

We spent the entire season playing catchup, in that we achieved another excellent position, 3rd in the Eredivisie, but we were AWFUL to begin the season, culminating in a run of 1 win in 8 games to finish 2029. Thankfully we only lost once in 2030 to bring us into consecutive European campaigns for the first time under my stewardship

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Quarter-FInal (predicted Quarter-Final)

A better season in the cup for us. We breezed past Tweede Divisie opposition in v.v GOES, 7-1, in the First Round before struggling massively past Keuken Kampoen Divisie side Go Ahead Eagles 1-0 after extra time in the Second Round, taking a 118th minute header to win it. Midtable VVV Venlo were our next victims in the Third Round and our backups sleep-walked to an easy 2-0 win. Sadly, we came up against short in extra time against PSV Eindhoven in the Quarter Finals and it meant another pot-less season, going down 0-1 Cup Results

UEFA Champions League: Lost in First Knockout Round (predicted Best Placed Playoff)

Our debut season in Europe's premier competition and we shocked everyone by first beating Beskitas and FC Krasnodar to qualify for the Group Stage, then qualifying 1st in a group that contained A.C Milan, Sporting Clube de Lisbon & Shakhtar Donetsk. We were then drawn against Bundesliga giants Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the knockout stages and, despite holding a 2-0 lead in the 89th minute of the first leg, contrived to draw 2-2 and then have Mark Wijks sent off early away in Germany, which hastened a 1-3 defeat and exit from the competition. Euro Results

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Summary

Same ****, different season.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2029/30 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them. We're chugging away quite nicely right now for players, but we do need to start retraining players for positions, otherwise we'll see an issue when injuries or player sales bite (Lineups accurate on 13:15, 07 July 2030)

Goalkeeper

Bjorn van Veen

Oussama El Khatib

Bradley Knopper

Right Back                                                                                                     Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Melvin Plat                                                                             Bryan Dirkx                                                                          Danny van Agt                                                Gijs van Duijnhoven

Jeroen Gorter                                                                         Ruud Propper                                                                       Jordi Huisman                                                    Thom de Vlieger

Gilberto Costa                                                                      Riechedly Gosepa                                                                    Pim de Jong                                                            Colin Ajiach

Defensive Midfield

Rogier de Jager                      

Floris Bastiaansen

Edward Franken

Right Midfield                                                                                     Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                              Left MIdfield  

Rein van Helmond                                                               Mark Wijks                                                                             Frans Jansen                                                           Bjorn Wolf

Jual Talea                                                                          Jelle Maas                                                                              Scott Langerak                                                  Maurice van Duren

Jordie de Looijer                                                            Anthony Assouiki                                                                  Simon den Dikken                                                Mitchell Mokono

Striker

Sam van Weert

Stefan van Gerwen

Andre Wassenberg

A number of changes to the depth chart this season. We've managed to go three deep in every position, plus a few more players have fought their way into contention

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2025

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

Intake #7. It's the Class of 2025.

2025 yoof 2

This intake was a big one, compared to 2024. We'll concentrate on the 3* prospects and up, unless there are any significant deviations. We had Rogier de Jager, Rene Van Dongen, Frans Jansen, Siem Vergouwen, Rob Eind, Bjorn van Veen and Martin Hoek as our 3* and up. 

Siem Vergouwen

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Watford FC

Siem joined from our academy, but didn't see action until the next season. He made 52 appearances in all competitions for RKC, scoring 12 goals and assisting 12 times for an average rating of 7.07. In the summer of 2028, Watford FC met his £15.5m release clause and he settled well in the Premier League, appearing 51 times for Watford in all competitions, scoring 5 goals and 16 assists for an average of 6.92.

Siem has made 15 appearances for the Netherlands U-21s side, but has yet to pick up a full cap.

Rob Eind

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now:  21 years old, TSG 1999 Hoffenheim (on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach)

Rob made his debut in the season following his promotion from the youth academy. He went on to make 56 appearances in all competitions for RKC, scoring 4 goals and assisting 17 times for an average of 7.18. At the very end of the August 2029 transfer window, Borussia Monchengladbach came in with a £7.5m offer, which was too good to turn down. To date, he has made only 8 first team appearances for Gladbach, for an average match rating of 6.58. He'll spend the 2030/31 season on loan to TSG 1999 Hoffenheim

Rob has also made 15 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's, but is also yet to pick up a full cap.

Bjorn van Veen

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now:  21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Bjorn sat for a while, given the logjam at the goalkeeper position and he matured nicely in the U-18's side before making his debut. To date, he has made 57 appearances for the club in all competitions, keeping 24 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.96

So far, Bjorn has made 12 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's.

Rene Van Dongen

Now:  20 years old, SC Freiburg

Rene made his debut in the 2026/27 season and made 56 appearances in all competitions for us, scoring 19 goals and assisting 5 times for an average match rating of 6.96. In the summer of 2029, he was subject to a bid from SC Freiburg and found himself on the way to Germany for a £12m price tag. He made 37 appearances in his debut season for Freiburg, scoring 8 goals and assisting once for an average rating of 6.64.

Rene has made 17 appearances for the Netherlands U-21's, scoring 12 goals

Rogier de Jager

Now:  21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Rogier made his debut for the club in the 2026/27 season. So far in his career, he has made 75 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring 6 goals and assisting 6 times for an average match rating of 6.99

Martin Hoek

Now:  21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Martin is still waiting for his first team debut since his promotion from the academy. 

Three players have also played for the first team. Jeroen Gorter, Anthony Assouiki and Richedly Gosepa are all in the current season depth chart.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

8th August 2030

UEFA Europa League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round, Leg 1

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 0 FK Shakhtar Karaganda

2031 UEL 3QR L1

Simples

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

15th August 2030

UEFA Europa League Best Placed Third Qualifying Round, Leg 2

Shakhter, Karagandy

FK Shakhtar Karaganda 2 - 5 RKC Waalwijk (RKC win 8-2 on aggregate)

2031 UEL 3QR L2

Simples

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

22nd August 2030

UEFA Europa League Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round, Leg 1

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 1 Glasgow Rangers FC

2031 UEL 4QR r1

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

29th August 2030

UEFA Europa League Best Placed Fourth Qualifying Round, Leg 2

Glasgow, Scotland

Glasgow Rangers FC 0 - 1 RKC Waalwijk (RKC win 4-1 on aggregate)

2031 UEL 4QR r2

Back into Europe. Oh yeah.

RKC Waalwijk 

Image result for europa league logo

2030/31 UEFA Europa League

2031 uel draw

Group J is the Group of Death, but our group isn't far behind...

2031 uel group

Depending on results against Sociedad, I'm looking at 2nd or 3rd in this group.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2030 Transfer Window

Targets:

2031 targets

Our first back-to-back seasons in Europe.. Our second time in the UEFA Europa League.

Transfers:

2031 aug transfers

Just the three departures this window. One was for more than treble his value, the others were too impatient to wait.

Lee-Quincey Profjit (sold to Paris Saint-Germain for £12.5m + 50% sell on)

PSG came in with a decent bid of three times what he is worth, so it made sense to sell.

Ad Viejou (moved on a free transfer to Willem II Tilburg)

Ad was a victim of rotation and, despite numerous loans for game time, he wanted first team football, so it made sense to let him go.

Maurice van Duren (sold to FC Utrecht for £3.3m + 50% sell on)

Maurice suffered much the same as Ad. He wasn't going to unseat the incumbent Bjorn Wolf and didn't like it, so I sold him on.

RKC Waalwijk 

Image result for europa league logo

2030/31 UEFA Europa League

2031 UEL group table

2031 UEL results 1

Tough teams meant that we did well to avoid defeat.

Which leads us into the Knockout Stages and...

2031 uel 1kr

We faced Russian opposition the last time we made the Knockout Stages. Let's hope for the same result.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2031 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2031 jan transfers

Nearly £20m of talent out the door this window and all first team players. Why? Read on...

GK Bjorn van Veen (sold for £5m + 50% sell on clause to A.S Monaco)

My #1 keeper and not one particularly challenged as such. But, despite his worth being just £525k, Monaco came in with a piecemeal deal worth £5.1m. When I checked his contract, he had a £5m sell on clause to foreign teams, so sadly I had to get in the 50% before he was stolen off me. This then put the whole team in panic mode as the player I was grooming as the #2 keeper turned out to be not good enough to carry the load and so, he went from being heir apparent to the No.1 shirt, to being third-choice...

DC Bryan Dirkx (sold for £9m + 50% sell on clause to Villarreal C.F)

One of my main centre backs, Bryan was a fixture in the team. But I had a huge talent behind him and they needed to play in the first team so I could give them a fat contract to scare away PSG et al. So when VIllarreal came in with a deal, I pushed it as high as I could go and took it. 

DM/MC Rogier de Jager (sold for £4.5m + 50% sell on clause to FC Groningen)

Mainly, the same situation as Dirkx, only the player in question this time was threatening to leave. With the understudy being 3 years younger and looking better to fit into his role, I took the plunge and offloaded him,

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

13th February 2031

UEFA Europa League First Knockout Round, Leg 1

Arena CSKA, Moscow

CSKA Moscow 3 - 3 RKC Waalwijk

2031 uel 1kr l1

What a horrific bun-fight of a match. CSKA are the luckiest SOB's alive. Their goalie played out of his skin, Rein van Helmond missed 3 point-blank sitters, the first CSKA goal was a horrific mistake by Goespa, the second came 4 mins into 2 mins of stoppage time at the end of the first half.. Luckily, club icon and record scorer Sam van Weert came to our rescue. We need to be better at home.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

13th March 2031

UEFA Europa League Second Knockout Round, Leg 2

San Siro, Milan

AC Milan 2 - 1 RKC Waalwijk (AC Milan win 4-1 on aggregate)

2031 UEL 2KR L2

We were very poor over the two legs and didn't deserve to qualify if I'm honest

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2031 Youth Intake

2031 yoof 2

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #13. Unlucky for some and, if I'm honest, not the luckiest for us... We're still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Prospects

M/AMC Rutger Warmolts

Rutger looks to be a good young player to come into the midfield

DC David Karreman

David continues a decent conveyor belt of central defenders. I'm looking forward to when he'll have a spot in the rotation.

DR Laurens van Gerwen

Laurens immediately becomes third choice in the right back role.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2031?

Just how local are my intakes? We have State of the Art Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

We're going further out this time, as seen by the three players over 200km away.

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2031

2031 ryc

An absolute monstering by the U-18's. Sam Bakkenes hitting 4 goals to give the U-18's an easy win. However, Tom Jacobs' second goal was a 30 yard free-kick.

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Tom Jacobs (8.8)

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Congrats on the double. And you did this without Ambrose!!!

1 hour ago, oriole01 said:

Very satisfying to see you finally get over the line and win trophies. Amazing season :applause:

Thanks guys! Appreciated! And @kidthekid, looks like Sam Van Weert is my Ambrose this save

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2030/31 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 1st place (predicted 6th) - Champions, qualified for UEFA Champions League

13 seasons. 13 long seasons and we finally made it over the hump. Starting the season with two defeats didn't look like the best start for us, especially considering Feyenoord's recent title wins, but we came back strong and steamrollered the opposition to finish 1st in the Eredivisie. Now all we need to do is repeat this season and finally beat Feyenoord in the league. Sam van Weert led the way, winning the Eredivisie Golden Boot.

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Winners (predicted Quarter-Final)

It never rains, but it pours. We breezed past Tweede Divisie opposition in HHC Hardenburg, 8-0, in the First Round before struggling massively past Keuken Kampoen Divisie side NEC Nijmegen 1-0 in the Second Round. Midtable FC Twente Enschede were our next victims in the Third Round and our backups sleep-walked to an easy 3-1 win. We then faced FC Volendam in the Quarter Finals, who had beaten us earlier in the season, however we got our revenge, winning 1-0. In the Semi Finals, a wild one against FC Utrecht saw us come back from a missed penalty and a shock early goal conceded to lead 2-1 at HT. An early second half goal put us back on our heels, but our striking hero Sam van Weert scored in the second half of ET to put us through 3-2 AET.  This put us into the Final where we faced relegation-haunted Helmond Sport and it was a cakewalk with an easy 3-0 win delivering us our first KNVB Beker ever.  Cup Results

UEFA Europa League: Lost in Second Knockout Round (predicted Group Stage)

Our second season in Europe's second-tier competition and we set about it by first beating FK Shakhtar Karaganda and Glasgow Rangers FC to qualify for the Group Stage, then qualifying 1st in a group that contained Belenenses S.A.D, Real Sociedad S.A.D & Watford FC. We were then drawn against Russian giants CSKA Moscow in the knockout stages and, despite drawing 3-3 away, we completed the job at home, winning 3-1 and 6-3 on aggregate. Next up in the Second Knockout Round were Italian kings AC Milan and we were outmatched by them over both legs, losing 0-2 and 1-2 for a 1-4 aggregate defeat . Euro Results

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Summary

Wow! What a stunning season! I can't believe it! Let's hope this is a springboard to better things!

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2030/31 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them. We're chugging away quite nicely right now for players, but we do need to start retraining players for positions, otherwise we'll see an issue when injuries or player sales bite (Lineups accurate on 13:15, 07 July 2031)

Goalkeeper

Oussama El Khatib

Cagri Bal

Bradley Knopper

Right Back                                                                                                     Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Melvin Plat                                                                         Jordi Huisman                                                                       Danny van Agt                                                      Thom de Vlieger

Jeroen Gorter                                                                       Ruud Propper                                                                      Riechedly Gosepa                                              Gijs van Duijnhoven

Jelany Misidjang                                                                   David Karreman                                                                      Pim de Jong                                                            Colin Ajiach

Defensive Midfield

Edward Franken                      

Floris Bastiaansen

Vincent Ippel

Right Midfield                                                                                     Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                              Left MIdfield  

Rein van Helmond                                                               Mark Wijks                                                                             Frans Jansen                                                           Bjorn Wolf

Jual Talea                                                                          Jelle Maas                                                                              Scott Langerak                                                   Karim Mansouri

Jordie de Looijer                                                                   Cor Bos                                                                              Simon den Dikken                                                Mitchell Mokono

Striker

Sam van Weert

Stefan van Gerwen

Bernard Cudjoe

A number of changes to the depth chart this season at all levels. However, the midfield is aging fast.