[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

48 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

The new International Competitions file rar should be titled "International Comps 2.rar"

are these new files going to be compatible with old saves or am I going to have to start a new game?

Edited by SerChives

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uncle sam i have been waiting for these to start a new game, these are a game changer, getting into Conmebol is a game changer. Does the winner of the sudamericana qualify for the libertadores?  and does the winner of the libertadores qualify automatically for next years tournament?

Edited by hammer 12

Hello, I had a problem with my NCAA team going on holiday during the playoffs, that plus the pre season dates set are to February but the season doesn't start till august I am not sure if this is accurate of the real life schedule just seems a bit odd

@Uncle_Sam in the past year, you made an US file with promotion/relegation: how do you do to allow USL teams that are affiliate MLS teams for promotion in MLS? I tried deleting affiliation between USL and MLS team btu it doesn't work. Can you help me, please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

4 hours ago, hammer 12 said:

uncle sam i have been waiting for these to start a new game, these are a game changer, getting into Conmebol is a game changer. Does the winner of the sudamericana qualify for the libertadores?  and does the winner of the libertadores qualify automatically for next years tournament?

Yes, the Sudamericana winner qualifies for the Libertadores

On 23/12/2018 at 14:39, Uncle_Sam said:

KNOWN ISSUES:

-For whatever reason, the expansion draft does not happen for the 2020 or 2021 expansiona. As best as I can tell, this is a hard-coding issue pertaining to MLS expansion. The expansion draft does still occur for FC Cincinnati.

-Some NPSL and USL2 clubs won't fill their squads. Some teams will always have only gray players. I've tried different things, but for now there seems to be no way around this. My guess as to why this is the case would be because in FM, clubs in the USA do not develop new players. All new domestic American players come through the Academy system whereas clubs in other countries' have a yearly youth intake. I can't say for sure why some semi-pro clubs don't just go sign free players, but I'd say it's related to the unique US youth system in FM.

-NCAA teams will not function exactly as they should in real life. FM sees the teams as amatuer U23 clubs. Their squads are usually automatically populated which I would suppose is because the SuperDraft pulls from them.

DISCLAIMER: I have NO idea how this file will mesh with other database files. If you have an issue, by all means report it and I will try to make it compatible but I can make no promises on that.

What does the first thing exactly mean? That the expansion teams won't be added to the league? Or that the expansion teams do not participate in a player draft?

About the second: are those teams always the same? Couldn't you just add a bunch of players to them? If necessary, just with their names, birthday and random PA and CA, to prevent this? Or will they keep graying out again after some seasons of out going transfers?

Edited by Jorgen

Sincere apologies but the 2.22 release didn't actually have the PCSL Challenge Cup activated, and I also forgot to tick the box that makes the PCSL Season winners the league champions. Both of those issues have been corrected and a new version of the file (2.23) has been uploaded.

4 hours ago, Jorgen said:

What does the first thing exactly mean? That the expansion teams won't be added to the league? Or that the expansion teams do not participate in a player draft?

About the second: are those teams always the same? Couldn't you just add a bunch of players to them? If necessary, just with their names, birthday and random PA and CA, to prevent this? Or will they keep graying out again after some seasons of out going transfers?

The expansions do happen, the teams are added to the league as they are set to be in real life. However, the special expansion draft where the new teams select unprotected players from the existing MLS teams does not take place for the 2020 (Inter Miami, Nashville) and 2021 (Austin FC) expansions. There is something hard-coded about the expansion that causes the 2019 (FC Cincinnati) to take place that cannot be replicated.

I really want to avoid adding players to this database. I update it every year, and keeping squads updated for 200-some odd clubs is really not something I'm looking to do with the file. But with that said, I have experimented with that but the teams always ended up going gray anyway. I will say that the problem is not as bad with this edition of the file as it has been in the past. This leads me to believe that the issue has something to do with the number of American players being developed because this database increases the number of American newgens.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

4 hours ago, LandonDonovan10 said:

Is it work if I download all the extra tournaments? 

I'm sorry, I don't understand this question. If you're asking if all the extra tournaments work, then the answer is yes, they do work. All of the other leagues will function as they are designed to.

19 hours ago, TommmRoss said:

Hello, I had a problem with my NCAA team going on holiday during the playoffs, that plus the pre season dates set are to February but the season doesn't start till august I am not sure if this is accurate of the real life schedule just seems a bit odd

I did correct this in the latest version of the file (2.23). I do apologize about that. The problem is that it doesn't happen for all teams, and the ones I tested with didn't send their squads on holiday. I had to kind of mess with the format, but the tournament functions as it should and records history.

17 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

@Uncle_Sam in the past year, you made an US file with promotion/relegation: how do you do to allow USL teams that are affiliate MLS teams for promotion in MLS? I tried deleting affiliation between USL and MLS team btu it doesn't work. Can you help me, please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Pro/Rel won't work with this file unless you start it over. All of the league competitions are set to get the specific real life teams. You really can't do pro/rel in the USA in FM because the teams that get promoted to MLS from the lower levels don't get DP or International Player slots.

14 dakika önce, Uncle_Sam said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand this question. If you're asking if all the extra tournaments work, then the answer is yes, they do work. All of the other leagues will function as they are designed to.

Thanks for the answer. Are you planning to make SuperLiga? 

2 minutes ago, LandonDonovan10 said:

Thanks for the answer. Are you planning to make SuperLiga? 

I'm trying to get that work with the Champions League so that it gets the best 4 from MLS and Liga MX that didn't qualify for Champions League like it did in real life, but I've found it difficult to make work. I wouldn't say it's close to a release.

1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

The expansions do happen, the teams are added to the league as they are set to be in real life. However, the special expansion draft where the new teams select unprotected players from the existing MLS teams does not take place for the 2020 (Inter Miami, Nashville) and 2021 (Austin FC) expansions. There is something hard-coded about the expansion that causes the 2019 (FC Cincinnati) to take place that cannot be replicated.

I really want to avoid adding players to this database. I update it every year, and keeping squads updated for 200-some odd clubs is really not something I'm looking to do with the file. But with that said, I have experimented with that but the teams always ended up going gray anyway. I will say that the problem is not as bad with this edition of the file as it has been in the past. This leads me to believe that the issue has something to do with the number of American players being developed because this database increases the number of American newgens.

Thanks for explaining!

Might a solution/workaround for the first problem be adding all expansion teams to the 2019 season?

I understand that you want to avoid adding and maintaining the players db. Strange thing that those clubs end up being gray everytime anyway.

1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

Thanks for explaining!

Might a solution/workaround for the first problem be adding all expansion teams to the 2019 season?

I understand that you want to avoid adding and maintaining the players db. Strange thing that those clubs end up being gray everytime anyway.

Well I'm trying to make the file as true to real life as possible. While I'd rather the expansion drafts take place, to me that's not a game breaker. And while I haven't tried that solution on this year's version, when I tried that last year the next season didn't generate.

And as I said, I'm pretty sure the reason that teams "grayed out" more before was simply because there weren't enough American players developed. The way the USA works in FM is that all players are generated by the USSDA clubs. There is a set number of players generated, and that number doesn't increase when you expand the competitions in the editor. In other countries in FM if you activate the lower divisions, those club all start generating players so you have a large pool. In the USA, if you start activating lower divisions then you have more clubs actively signing players but the player pool doesn't expand. So there simply isn't enough players left for the clubs at the bottom of the pyramid.

Another issue that complicates matters is scouting knowledge. Many of the lower level clubs have no players being developed in their scouting area, and they can't afford to go scouting very far outside of their region. My file does help this problem, because I found a way to cheat the system so you have more Academy teams developing players. I quadrupled the number of academies so by extension the number of regens. I also have them in more scouting regions than before so that also helps. Not perfect, but, better.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

11 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I'm trying to get that work with the Champions League so that it gets the best 4 from MLS and Liga MX that didn't qualify for Champions League like it did in real life, but I've found it difficult to make work. I wouldn't say it's close to a release.

I assume you've tried the "Ignore Teams" button?

4 hours ago, Crplz said:

I assume you've tried the "Ignore Teams" button?

Extensively. It probably has something to do with how I have the Champions League set up, but it won't ignore the teams based on "Get Qualified Teams for Competition". And I've had it ignore the MLS Cup Winners and Runners Up, the Supporters Shield winners, and the US Open Cup winners. The problem is that obviously the same team will often win more than one of those. The Champions League just gets the next best team in the Supporters Shield. The problem is that team will also be in the SuperLiga, so sometimes you'll even get two teams playing in both competitions. Liga MX has a similar problem. I'm still efforting because I would like for more teams to be in continental competitions.

Early testing for this file adding the SuperLiga shows promise as the first couple of seasons as no team played in both tournaments in the first couple of seasons: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4voahb8uxx61dwm/006_North_American_SuperLiga.fmf/file

But I haven't gotten very far in testing so I can't promise it's perfect.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

6 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Early testing for this file adding the SuperLiga shows promise as the first couple of seasons as no team played in both tournaments in the first couple of seasons: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4voahb8uxx61dwm/006_North_American_SuperLiga.fmf/file

But I haven't gotten very far in testing so I can't promise it's perfect.

How does this tournament work?

I want to be able to put U18 in the game so that when CPL has academies youth intakes they can play for my U18 how do i set it up so that we have a U18 league for cpl league.. I know u can add U18 teams but cant remember how under the teams settings?

Il 18/1/2019 in 15:48 , Uncle_Sam ha scritto:

Pro/Rel won't work with this file unless you start it over. All of the league competitions are set to get the specific real life teams. You really can't do pro/rel in the USA in FM because the teams that get promoted to MLS from the lower levels don't get DP or International Player slots.

Thanks for the answer.

But, If I would insert pro/rel in My US Pyramid how should I do? Or is it impossible?

I'm not interested in DP or International Player slots, I would make US pyramid like european one

Edited by PaMi 7

12 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Wasn’t sure if these roster rules were in ur database or not...

That's good information, because what I have is slightly different. I had heard they were going to put in a homegrown players (developed in the country) minimum. Do you know if that's true?

I'm loving the database. Great job!

Would it be possible to limit the transfer window for NCAA teams to simulate college signing periods? Maybe an early signing period in Feb-May and a late signing date in Nov-Dec? 

I'm having the issue of other NCAA teams trying to sign my players away basically all year round. Is there a way to stop that, or limit to a small transfer window? Seems like it should be against NCAA transfer rules. ;-)

Finally, the NCAA is experimenting with a spring season for soccer. Is there a way to do split seasons in FM to simulate this? Maybe a spring cup competition for the NCAA groups?

On 20/01/2019 at 11:42, TommmRoss said:

I have a problem getting into 2020 on 2 different saves it's constant crashes on 31st of December 2019, I've tried whilst being in charge of both Austin FC and Inter Miami 

I’ve not had this issue, but I’ll run some tests this week. 

Before I do, are you running any other DB files?

Edited by Uncle_Sam

9 hours ago, Dodis said:

Is there any plan in place for a transfer update following the busy American offseason?

Sam said earlier he wasn't going to add players, so I would guess he isn't going to update transfers. 

If you submit your transfers at the sortitoutsi website, you could use theirs 

On 20/01/2019 at 13:24, Zebu Nation said:

I'm having the issue of other NCAA teams trying to sign my players away basically all year round. Is there a way to stop that, or limit to a small transfer window? Seems like it should be against NCAA transfer rules. ;-)

I was wondering this too. I had players leaving mid-season to go to USSDA  teams even after the free transfer deadline, idk if that deadline has an effect on Amateurs. I also noticed a few teams playing 17 and 18-year-olds but I couldn't register anybody under 19. I was trying to figure out a way to correct it but I'm not great with the editor. Lol

Greatly Appreciate the database Sam, I can't thank you enough. Created an account just to follow your database.

Outstanding work, Uncle Sam - this is brilliant.

One thing I've noticed - and I don't know if it's an issue or not - I seem to get a lot of AI managers leaving jobs in the NPSL to take up USSDA posts.  On a couple of occasions I've even seen managers leave an NPSL club for their own Academy side (specifically Cleveland SC and Aguiluchos USA), which seems a little unrealistic.

I could understand someone leaving NPSL for USSDA to perhaps join one of the MLS Academy sides, and so I presume the USSDA's league reputation is higher for that reason.  I'm no expert in the US game however, so if you don't think this is an issue then I'll get back in my box.  Likewise, I appreciate it's difficult to get the right balance when it comes to league/club reputation, so I can live with the occasional oddity if it's not possible or too much work to fix it.

Other than that one minor thing, I am loving this update!  Thank you!

On 25/01/2019 at 07:18, James T said:

Outstanding work, Uncle Sam - this is brilliant.

One thing I've noticed - and I don't know if it's an issue or not - I seem to get a lot of AI managers leaving jobs in the NPSL to take up USSDA posts.  On a couple of occasions I've even seen managers leave an NPSL club for their own Academy side (specifically Cleveland SC and Aguiluchos USA), which seems a little unrealistic.

I could understand someone leaving NPSL for USSDA to perhaps join one of the MLS Academy sides, and so I presume the USSDA's league reputation is higher for that reason.  I'm no expert in the US game however, so if you don't think this is an issue then I'll get back in my box.  Likewise, I appreciate it's difficult to get the right balance when it comes to league/club reputation, so I can live with the occasional oddity if it's not possible or too much work to fix it.

Other than that one minor thing, I am loving this update!  Thank you!

Unfortunately this will be a difficult thing to fix. It really wouldn't be that far of a stretch for a manager to leave an NPSL job for a USSDA job, however leaving for their own academy would be unlikely. I'll put on my thinking cap on how to fix this. 

3 hours ago, rain94 said:

Why am I being asked to name a squad fo pre-season training camp if the season has already started? I'm 5 games in. 

image.png

That is extremely odd. I'll check the settings and see if I made a mistake on training camp dates.

As stated I won't be messing with transfers in this file. There are other people working on that who do a much better job, and I'd have to be making too many corrections.

However, the FM update after the January window always adds some clubs that I had to create because they weren't in the database at launch, so I'll have to make some corrections to the file there to make it work with that update.

So I saw that the CPL announced their roster rules while I was on my cruise. One of the rules is there must be 6 Canadian players in the starting 11. Unfortunately, the editor does not allow for such a setting on the starting 11, only the playing 11. So here are my options:

No more than 5 foreign players in the Playing XI: This would fulfill the starting 11 rule, however if subbed a Canadian off you would HAVE to replace him with another Canadian.

5 Foreign Players in the Match Squad: This would guarantee you would not be able to have more than 5 in the starting 11, but it would also mean that if you started all 5 of your foreigners then you wouldn't have any on the bench.

Basically, there is no perfect option unless you guys have any other ideas. Let me know which option you think is best.

1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

So I saw that the CPL announced their roster rules while I was on my cruise. One of the rules is there must be 6 Canadian players in the starting 11. Unfortunately, the editor does not allow for such a setting on the starting 11, only the playing 11. So here are my options:

No more than 5 foreign players in the Playing XI: This would fulfill the starting 11 rule, however if subbed a Canadian off you would HAVE to replace him with another Canadian.

5 Foreign Players in the Match Squad: This would guarantee you would not be able to have more than 5 in the starting 11, but it would also mean that if you started all 5 of your foreigners then you wouldn't have any on the bench.

Basically, there is no perfect option unless you guys have any other ideas. Let me know which option you think is best.

I was trying to edit something last year (albeit I'm not very competent!) involving the Playing 11 and found it actually put the restriction on the Starting 11 anyway. So might be worth double-checking to see what it actually does?

8 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

6 Canadian starters, at least, I presume?

If it messes up team restrictions in peculiar ways (like the Canadian player swap), you could also consider not implementing it at all.

Perhaps look in the original db how it is done in some other leagues with roster restrictions?

On 18/01/2019 at 15:48, Uncle_Sam said:

You can do pro/rel, but you have to delete the MLS and create a new top division competition and add the teams into that competition.

14 hours ago, Number seven said:

You can do pro/rel, but you have to delete the MLS and create a new top division competition and add the teams into that competition.

If he wants to adapt my file to put in pro/rel, it would take a lot of work. I have every competition getting the specific teams rather than just, "Get All Teams from Division".