Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Uncle_Sam

[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

Recommended Posts

Love the work as always, but one question. For anyone playing an MLS team does it seem like the DoF's hate goalkeepers? Like every season it's a carnival of GK trades and new signings. It's probably a fault of the MLS AI. I often see teams going into the season without a single GK on their roster. It's just bizarre to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MAJOR UPDATE:

Made a lot of changes to the latest release. I'll start in the USA. The NPSL Pro will now not start until 2020, like it's set to in real life. Instead, the 8 NPSL Pro teams that are "promoting" from the NPSL will compete in the NPSL during the 2019 season, after which the NPSL Founders Cup will generate:

image.thumb.png.0c4c76628947fa30bfee222a6636682f.png

This competition is being organized to "lead into" the NPSL Professional Division which begins play in 2020 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPSL_Founders_Cup)

Also added are the Muskegon Risers SC, joining NPSL in 2020.

This file also fixes a MAJOR error in the squad rules for the NPSL Pro where all of the players had to be U19.

 

The BIG changes in this file are in Canada, specifically the Canadian Premier League. I have corrected the format for the CPL so that there will be a 14-match Spring season and a 14-match Fall (Autumn) season, with the two winners playing in the CPL Championship match. The winner of each season will be recorded, as well as the overall champion:

image.thumb.png.05fb759051c632308e212dd04aed2a30.pngimage.thumb.png.08f60368602a473fde02a636edd2d9c9.pngimage.thumb.png.8a099ae53964f71e88b1bebb4912d18a.png

Furthermore, I have added all of the real life kits that were announced last week in the SS style to the updated graphics pack.

image.thumb.png.fe00b61b3ffe9732540bbd2235a17f02.png

The CPL has not made any announcement that I have seen regarding a venue for the championship match, so for now I have the Spring Season winner hosting.

 

Download and enjoy, and please report any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have read that some of you are experiencing a crash. I am truly sorry about that. Maybe try this latest update, but if it's still occurring I am afraid I am unable to help you. I have had no issues with the game crashing at startup and if I can't recreate the problem then I can't fix it. My guesses are either that the DB conflicts with one you already have downloaded, or that there is some kind of issue with your computer; maybe hardware or some configuration. I do apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you're bothered, I figured out a way to replicate the bizarre 10-game CanPL spring season by using 3 hidden group stages. It may be worth it for the first season (10+18) before switching to the far more reasonable 14+14

Someone on Reddit claimed the CPL final will be two-legged but I've not seen anything to support that :rolleyes: you can also give the overall points leader hosting rights with a combined table

Edited by themodelcitizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

If you're bothered, I figured out a way to replicate the bizarre 10-game CanPL spring season by using 3 hidden group stages. It may be worth it for the first season (10+18) before switching to the far more reasonable 14+14

Someone on Reddit claimed the CPL final will be two-legged but I've not seen anything to support that :rolleyes: you can also give the overall points leader hosting rights with a combined table

I appreciate that, but I actually didn't realize the match schedule was 10-18. I just hadn't read the format closely enough and made an assumption. I've fixed it and re-uploaded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that would be too normal. The Spring season might end on July 1 (Canada Day) every year regardless of the day of the week BTW. If pushing to 14 games I considered using the early August long weekend but mid-to-late July works better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

https://forgefc.canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-releases-2019-club-schedule

The final is two-legged:

"The season will be separated into two distinct halves to crown winners that will advance to the two-legged Canadian Premier League 2019 Championship"

Thank you. That's the first official link I've seen referencing a two-legged championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Thank you. That's the first official link I've seen referencing a two-legged championship.

Same. One has to assume the overall points leader will get the second leg at home, but who knows. Away goals? ET/pens? They probably haven't even decided yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Noticing that you can't select a team for CanPL if you select it to start in 2019

I'll look to see if I can sort that. I think I know why and how to fix it. Thank you for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fixed the issue where you couldn't select a CanPL team if you choose to start the game in 2019. Re-uploaded the Canadian file (1.6)

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Fixed the issue where you couldn't select a CanPL team if you choose to start the game in 2019. Re-uploaded the Canadian file (1.6)

What was the issue? Just wondering in case I come into similar problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

What was the issue? Just wondering in case I come into similar problems.

I can't say for sure why this is the case, but when the first stage of some of the competitions I create is either a "group" stage or a split season stage (Opening Stage, Spring Season, etc) it won't allow you to select teams. So what I do to circumvent that is I create an initial league stage that gets all of the competition's teams and I make it hidden and set it to not generate any fixtures. 

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does the stage order strictly matter? Stage 0 could just as well be the overall table or cup, although changing the stage order now would be a pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I am bit confused. If I want to start play in Carribbean, which files should I use? I want CFU Club championship, CONCACAF League and later move to US or Canada and have as big north american leagues as possible :)

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

If u run the NPSL league can u still have canadian players in it?

If I remember correctly, NPSL teams can have up to 7 foreign players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MartanCJ said:

Hi, I am bit confused. If I want to start play in Carribbean, which files should I use? I want CFU Club championship, CONCACAF League and later move to US or Canada and have as big north american leagues as possible :)

Thanks!

Are you referring to one of the Caribbean Leagues? I only have Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico from the Caribbean region as playable but if you choose one of those then ye, you can start play in the Caribbean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

does the stage order strictly matter? Stage 0 could just as well be the overall table or cup, although changing the stage order now would be a pain

I could do the Overall Table first, but for me it's an aesthetics thing that is very easily remedied. The fix took me five minutes to put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

If I remember correctly, NPSL teams can have up to 7 foreign players.

So any non US player is classified as foreign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncle Sam just side note... If you look for Fury Academy aka Otatwa Fury Academy it has USSDA or what ever the league is Northeast beside there name but they arent in the standings... is there something wrong and why they arent shown in the standings or schedule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Are you referring to one of the Caribbean Leagues? I only have Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico from the Caribbean region as playable but if you choose one of those then ye, you can start play in the Caribbean.

And what is this file? I should not use it? That's why I am consfused. I do not know what is compatible with what and I don't want to start a game to find out in half a season that everything is messed up :)

----Central American & Caribbean Leagues - This file adds the national leagues for Belize, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam just side note... If you look for Fury Academy aka Otatwa Fury Academy it has USSDA or what ever the league is Northeast beside there name but they arent in the standings... is there something wrong and why they arent shown in the standings or schedule?

Its to help with the number of players being generated. Their competition is set as the USSDA Northeast so that they generate a youth intake, but they don't actually play in the competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MartanCJ said:

And what is this file? I should not use it? That's why I am consfused. I do not know what is compatible with what and I don't want to start a game to find out in half a season that everything is messed up :)

----Central American & Caribbean Leagues - This file adds the national leagues for Belize, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico.

All of the files I have are compatible with each other. I use them all in my games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

All of the files I have are compatible with each other. I use them all in my games.

Thanks :)

May you help me with this?

This is how I set up database
https://ibb.co/H4JnbLs
https://ibb.co/Vx86Sj8
https://ibb.co/5LPFghm

These are leagues I have selected
https://ibb.co/N9mVZp4

And this is an error I always get
https://ibb.co/MBf5rpp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unclesam or anyone else, do you recommend “filling playable teams with players”?

will this possibly stop the USL 1-2 teams from poaching academy players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, meter said:

Unclesam or anyone else, do you recommend “filling playable teams with players”?

will this possibly stop the USL 1-2 teams from poaching academy players?

I've tried not doing that, but it actually makes it slightly worse. That phenomenon does get better as the game progresses and the teams fill out, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to find that the people having trouble are MAC users. I do not use a MAC so I don't know how to pin down the problem causing the crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello uncle_sam. First of all thank you for your amazing work. I was wondering if i could expand mls to 30 teams and eventually split each conference in 3 divisions. But how i could do that? Do i have to create in stage 0 the 6 divisions and then create 1 league stage for each conference and link the results of every groups to the right league stage.

so like this :

stage 0 group (6 divisions)

stage 1 league (east conference)

stage 2 league (west conference)

stage 3 league (global standing for east and west conference)

stage 4 wild card

stage 5 ecup

stage 6 wcup

stage 7 finale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to edit a USSD team and have my CPL academy team play in the North east team just wondering how do I go about editing it in the editor and adding it to my CPL team do I just add it as an affiliate team? Or copy what impact have for their academy pretty much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2019 at 01:10, Uncle_Sam said:

I'm starting to find that the people having trouble are MAC users. I do not use a MAC so I don't know how to pin down the problem causing the crash.

Thanks for info, this made me to try a workaround and so far it works!

Basicly, I have also my destkop, which is Win10. So I set up a game there, created a save, transfer it to my Mac and so far it works great :)

I can share this clean save with you so it may help for people with MAC only.

Set up:
All your files slected
All NA Leagues selected
Big database with all NA players
Eaerly US pre-season start

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4JR_sA39M_93c5q00jyyhbEYCpZumk3/view?usp=sharing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CanPL first season is qualifying a CONCACAF League team by only using the first few fixtures between 3 teams (I think Forge/Valour/FCE). I think I've managed to recreate it for the first year by forcing a hidden stage with those 3 teams to end early and send results to a special table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 小时前, MartanCJ说:

Thanks for info, this made me to try a workaround and so far it works!

Basicly, I have also my destkop, which is Win10. So I set up a game there, created a save, transfer it to my Mac and so far it works great :)

I can share this clean save with you so it may help for people with MAC only.

Set up:
All your files slected
All NA Leagues selected
Big database with all NA players
Eaerly US pre-season start

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g4JR_sA39M_93c5q00jyyhbEYCpZumk3/view?usp=sharing

 

Thanks for your sharing. However, when I load your save, set myself unemployed and go on holiday, when the date comes to the first of January 2019, the football manager 2019 crashed and need to exit. Have you encountered this problem? I am the MAC user. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the continental competitions still function as well? Sudamerica etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

The CanPL first season is qualifying a CONCACAF League team by only using the first few fixtures between 3 teams (I think Forge/Valour/FCE). I think I've managed to recreate it for the first year by forcing a hidden stage with those 3 teams to end early and send results to a special table

Thanks, I will look into incorporating that. If you're willing to share your work, my email should be in my profile. Or you could message me with a link to the download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the Generation Adidas Cup yet, but it is something I have on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey - reaching out again to see if anyone else is having an issue with players demanding new super high contracts in MLS.  Playing the NE Revs and about half the squad is looking for 500K+ per year.  I haven't even made it through the first season, but at this rate I'll have to cut most of the squad because I can't keep them under the cap.  It's not like we are top of the table either, currently fighting to hold onto a playoff spot. 

Didn't have this issue with an earlier version of the file.  I'm playing with the version previous to this latest one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2019 at 17:22, HunGKiN said:

Thanks for your sharing. However, when I load your save, set myself unemployed and go on holiday, when the date comes to the first of January 2019, the football manager 2019 crashed and need to exit. Have you encountered this problem? I am the MAC user. Thank you.

Not really, it works ok for me.

But I never went to holiday, why you do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having issues loaning players to affiliates? Any way around it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2019 at 08:05, dim13 said:

I saw that, but there is nothing official; no official announcements on clubs or when the expansion(s) will officially occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uncle Sam, just a heads up. I made it to the Sudamerica  as FC Cincinnati and once the games are scheduled you're never prompted to register for the competition. So once you actually get to the game, you're presented with a tactics screen that doesn't allow you to select any of your players. I had to go on vacation in order to move forward and have the game be played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...