[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

I tried starting a save with an NCAA team and the team is half gray. I also noticed that there are no players available to scout, is that by design? It would make sense as a college team can't just bring in players at any time, but I thought I'd at least be able to contract end (simulating someone transferring to our university).

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Yawron1 said:

I tried starting a save with an NCAA team and the team is half gray. I also noticed that there are no players available to scout, is that by design? It would make sense as a college team can't just bring in players at any time, but I thought I'd at least be able to contract end (simulating someone transferring to our university).

There isn't anything that can be done about how many players your team starts with. While it doesn't seem to be entirely random, there is no apparent reason some NCAA teams start with more players than others.

The no players to scout isn't necessarily by design, but it is another issue that can't really be resolved. It has to do with starting knowledge, staff, reputation, and the amatuer status of the teams. It will make it challenging to coach the NCAA teams, but it's also a reflection of the challenges a real-life NCAA coach faces.

16 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

There isn't anything that can be done about how many players your team starts with. While it doesn't seem to be entirely random, there is no apparent reason some NCAA teams start with more players than others.

The no players to scout isn't necessarily by design, but it is another issue that can't really be resolved. It has to do with starting knowledge, staff, reputation, and the amatuer status of the teams. It will make it challenging to coach the NCAA teams, but it's also a reflection of the challenges a real-life NCAA coach faces.

Thanks, I'm not one to shy away from a challenge!

I want to be able to put U18 in the game so that when CPL has academies youth intakes they can play for my U18 how do i set it up so that we have a U18 league every league.. I know u can add U18 teams but cant remember how under the teams settings?

Amazing work on this thank you.

Only issue I see is the high number of 16,15,17 & 18 year olds leaving Academy’s and signing for USL clubs.  Couple years in and  have most of USL Championship clubs with starting 11 comprised of 16-19 year olds.  Been thinking about trying to edit and put “max # of U18” rule in for championship and League 1.  

could someone explain to me where exactly all of the graphical folders are supposed to go. I have everything  in Football Manager 2019> Graphics folder at the moment be it doesn't seem to be working. Nothing is showing up correctly for me. 

Attached is what my current set up looks like

fm.PNG

On 12/01/2019 at 14:00, meter said:

Amazing work on this thank you.

Only issue I see is the high number of 16,15,17 & 18 year olds leaving Academy’s and signing for USL clubs.  Couple years in and  have most of USL Championship clubs with starting 11 comprised of 16-19 year olds.  Been thinking about trying to edit and put “max # of U18” rule in for championship and League 1.  

Good idea how do we put in a rule in the editor for this?

A little non-urgent...display bug, I guess, in the USSDA Northwest:

20190114104416_1.thumb.jpg.1244df7e3d56638f86084dd5f8241519.jpg

It seems to only be a display bug - the right teams actually qualify for the USSDA playoffs, but the green bars and the C/Q flags are assigned seemingly at random. Looking in the file, it looks like the "Extra League Games" section in league settings of stage 1 of the USSDA Northwest isn't set properly: it's "1," instead of "1,34,34" like it is for the others. Just thought I'd let you know so you can slip it in whenever the next update is planned.

Added videos to the first post that I made to help play MLS in FM19 (not trying to imply that I am THE authority on the subject).

Also, will likely be releasing a special update tomorrow to coincide with an expected announcement by the league.

13 horas atrás, Uncle_Sam disse:

Added videos to the first post that I made to help play MLS in FM19 (not trying to imply that I am THE authority on the subject).

Also, will likely be releasing a special update tomorrow to coincide with an expected announcement by the league.

Loved the videos, really awesome.

I had a generic idea about MLS, but had some doubts about allocation money and other more tricky stuff but it was really helpful.

Curiosity, about SUperdraft what's is an elite youth player? 

For example, if a young player goes from college to international team with +- 17/18 years old and a MLS team wants to buy, it can? or need to go through the draft? 
Just thinking about City group, with New York City and Manchester City.

What can happens is Manchester City buys the youngs from college and then loan them to New York City 

45 minutes ago, Palk said:

For example, if a young player goes from college to international team with +- 17/18 years old and a MLS team wants to buy, it can? or need to go through the draft? 
Just thinking about City group, with New York City and Manchester City.

What can happens is Manchester City buys the youngs from college and then loan them to New York City 

The only youth players (Academy or NCAA) that MLS teams can sign are their own Academy players. So the Seattle Sounders can only buy youth players from the Sounders Academy. The only other way they can acquire youth is through the draft.

Foreign clubs, however, can buy youth players from the USA. There actually is kind of an issue with that right now in real life, as MLS Academies are developing players that are then going overseas and the MLS parent clubs are not receiving any significant compensation. Real Salt Lake recently had two guys go from their Academy to Germany and RSL didn't get any transfer fee.

If I understand your question, young players who sign for a club overseas will have their rights held by the parent MLS Club. So if a player that was signed from NYCFC Academy by a foreign club wants to return to MLS, he can only sign with NYCFC unless they trade his rights to another MLS club.

57 minutes ago, Palk said:

In game, the only players that need to go through the draft are players from the NCAA (for this file) or the PDL (in the vanilla game) - the specific lower division that the draft pulls from. Youth from other MLS teams' academies have their MLS rights held by their academy's parent team, and if you want to sign them you need to trade for their rights. Any other domestic youth from independent teams (say, other USSDA academies, or USL/NPSL/NASL teams, or Canadian teams) can be signed directly.

MLS teams can also sign youth from foreign teams directly (but there are limits on the number of international players). Like Sam says, if the kid was signed from an MLS team's academy by a foreign team, then that team has the right to him if he comes back to MLS - say, Schalke's McKennie, who was signed from Dallas's academy without ever getting a first team contract. If he decided to come back, he wouldn't need to go through the draft, but Dallas would have the first right to him and if anyone else wanted him they'd need to trade with Dallas for his rights.

The Manchester City (or Red Bull) situation you describe is possible, but it happens a lot less often than you might expect for some reason (I figure it just really isn't worth the parent team's trouble yet).

5 horas atrás, Uncle_Sam disse:

The only youth players (Academy or NCAA) that MLS teams can sign are their own Academy players. So the Seattle Sounders can only buy youth players from the Sounders Academy. The only other way they can acquire youth is through the draft.

Foreign clubs, however, can buy youth players from the USA. There actually is kind of an issue with that right now in real life, as MLS Academies are developing players that are then going overseas and the MLS parent clubs are not receiving any significant compensation. Real Salt Lake recently had two guys go from their Academy to Germany and RSL didn't get any transfer fee.

If I understand your question, young players who sign for a club overseas will have their rights held by the parent MLS Club. So if a player that was signed from NYCFC Academy by a foreign club wants to return to MLS, he can only sign with NYCFC unless they trade his rights to another MLS club.

Thanks to both, Uncle_Sam and Dallan.

But in terms of NCAA players that doesn't reach the draft. An example,

A player with 16/17 years old goes from Wake Forest University to some English team, then when it reachs 18/19 that team want to release him and he want to return to USA. Since he left NCAA to European (or any other club around the world) before entering draft, when he comeback to USA enters the draft or is has a normal player?

I'm imagine that, since nowadays football is a commerce, would not be weird to see great young players from universities skiping draft because some MLS team want to stole them. Obviously that this doesn't happen because youth american players aren't good or rated enough to go overseas so earlier (not common at least)

17 minutes ago, Palk said:

Thanks to both, Uncle_Sam and Dallan.

But in terms of NCAA players that doesn't reach the draft. An example,

A player with 16/17 years old goes from Wake Forest University to some English team, then when it reachs 18/19 that team want to release him and he want to return to USA. Since he left NCAA to European (or any other club around the world) before entering draft, when he comeback to USA enters the draft or is has a normal player?

I'm imagine that, since nowadays football is a commerce, would not be weird to see great young players from universities skiping draft because some MLS team want to stole them. Obviously that this doesn't happen because youth american players aren't good or rated enough to go overseas so earlier (not common at least)

He would be a FA and can sign with any team

So with the official announcement today that Austin FC will become the league's 27th team in 2021, I can announce that I have completed an updated version of the file that includes the 2021 expansion. The version (2.21) Sees Austin join the league in 2021 as the 27th team. I also added some new teams in USL2 and NPSL that have officially announced they will be joining those leagues in 2019. The updated link is on the first page.

Big thanks to forum member dim13 who helped me test the file and work out some wrinkles created by adding a 27th team.

I want to be able to put U18 in the game so that when CPL has academies youth intakes they can play for my U18 how do i set it up so that we have a U18 league every league.. I know u can add U18 teams but cant remember how under the teams settings? the save does not include reserves or U18 for CPL

1 hora atrás, LKA disse:

Any plans for the upcoming National Independent Soccer Association to be included?

A little offtopic,

Didn't know about this. I'm a US sports fans (all) and in terms of football (don't call it soccer :P ) I try to follow MLS but this competition that you wrote NISA, reminds me the future AMerican Football competition , XFL. 

Just because in US it's easier or people have tendence to, in case that doesn't work create a new independent one.

I'm portuguese and in Europe the closest to creation of leagues might be Spain and England that they were thinking in creating a league for catalan and join scotland with england respectivly.

EXPANDING THE EXPERIENCE: Just added this to the opening posts. One of the big criticisms of playing MLS is that there isn't enough continental and international competition. These are files I add to help make the MLS experience more fun. The competitions are all separate so you can pick and choose which ones you want. Some are real, some are revived competitions that are now extinct, and some are modifications of existing competitions.

ADDITIONAL FILES

----------MLS Club Continental Competitions

CONCACAF in the Copa Sudamericana - CONMEBOL used to invite teams from North America to compete in the Copa Sudamericana. That deal ended when CONCACAF changed the format of the Champions League and started scheduling matches in the fall when the Sudamericana was played. Now that the Champions League has returned to playing all of their matches in the spring, there has been some discussion of allowing North American teams in the Sudamericana again. I remember playing in Sudamericana with the older versions of FM and it was a lot of fun, so I built this file that sends the CONCACAF Champions League winners and runner-up to the Sudamericana.

1996455895_concacafsudamericana.thumb.JPG.2fccb0d09cc6083b19d2619fba1b0df8.JPG

Pan-Pacific Championship - This revives a now-defunct preseason friendly competition that used to pit the champions of MLS Cup against the champions of Australia, Japan, and South Korea in a one-leg knockout competition. There is a third place match so two matches are guaranteed.

480280778_panpacificchampionship.thumb.JPG.2f3d9abd6e7fe1a8147e5de54c294a9b.JPG

International Champions Cup - This recreates the summer friendly competition that is played mostly in the United States in real life. This version plays the entire competition in the US and adds the MLS Supporters Shield champion as well as the Libertadores champion, who has been invited in the past.

540411429_internationalchampionscup.thumb.JPG.91a53a73eedff6faf4bef7d459c51489.JPG

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5kb0kovavl9k1lb/MLS_Continental_Comps.rar/file

----------Central American & Caribbean Leagues

This file adds the national leagues for Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico. These are actually updates on claasen's files from the past (so I will remove them if he so wishes but he has apparently taken a break from the scene and did not update these himself so I went ahead and did it). I added these to increase the MLS playing experience by adding some continental leagues and expand the player pool for acquisitions. Also included is the Central American Club championship competition. There are also files for the Champions League and CONCACAF league that adjust how teams are drawn from Costa Rica. The CCL and CL in this file are different from the versions included with the MLS download so you will need to remove those and add these files if you intend on running Costa Rica

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3881pz6akm2i24m/Central_America_Comps.rar/file

----------International Competitions

These files add some international competitions to enhance the North American experience. Like all of the others, you can pick and choose which ones you want.

USA January Camp - When I managed the US national team it always bugged me that I couldn't schedule friendlies in January because in real life they hold a camp for the domestic players (and guys who play in Spring-Fall leagues like Scandinavia). So I created this file to add the camp. The US will play two matches against nations chosen randomly from a list of countries that have played against in January in the past.

image.thumb.png.33265476f841d2ed50e5def9a89eed19.png

Pan American Games - This is a real life youth competition for U22 teams from North and South America. It helps to prepare the national team programs for Olympic Qualifying.

662178519_panamericangames.thumb.JPG.758d5368c026421b45d629cd062b273c.JPG

Central American & Caribbean Games - Real life U21 competition for Latin American national teams (No USA or Canada)

1044593610_CentCaribGames.thumb.JPG.1d14cc23db31b1c7e5338eb0a86c6b1e.JPG

Central American Games - U20 Championship for the 7 Central American Nations:

image.thumb.png.c95fb13308c6ed783f9fa45ada3ed3f2.png

Copa Nuevo Mundo - In 2016 the USA hosted the Copa America. After the tournament was a huge success, there was talk about creating a new competition held every four years for the top national teams from CONCACAF and CONMEBOL. This is is that competition. I call it the Copa Nuevo Mundo (Cup of the New World). It consists of 16 teams (8 from CONCACAF, 8 from CONMEBOL) held every four years in the United States.

1195098987_copanuevomundo.thumb.JPG.7a6727468cd32d1e4a7f058150a9f53b.JPG

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1o7cmo1oigsg2j/International_Comps.rar/file

5 hours ago, LKA said:

Any plans for the upcoming National Independent Soccer Association to be included?

4 hours ago, Palk said:

A little offtopic,

Didn't know about this. I'm a US sports fans (all) and in terms of football (don't call it soccer :P ) I try to follow MLS but this competition that you wrote NISA, reminds me the future AMerican Football competition , XFL. 

Just because in US it's easier or people have tendence to, in case that doesn't work create a new independent one.

I'm portuguese and in Europe the closest to creation of leagues might be Spain and England that they were thinking in creating a league for catalan and join scotland with england respectivly.

Right now I'm not putting the NISA in. Only one club has any branding whatsoever, and to be honest I have my doubts that it will ever get of the ground. Clubs that were committed have since bailed. Had Peter Wilt stayed on board then maybe I would feel a little better about it but he's gone and I don't really know any of the rest of the executives well enough to have any confidence in them. If they release more information then I'll revisit but right now, no NISA.

2 minutes ago, SerChives said:

Could someone help me in understanding the US Open Cup. Why do some leagues like USL 1 not send teams, but lower levels do? I'm very confused. 

The first year, ULS1 does not send any teams because they don't in real life. STarting in 2019, I have the USL1 and NPSL Pro sending all of their teams (except the B/2/II affiliates).

10 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

The first year, ULS1 does not send any teams because they don't in real life. STarting in 2019, I have the USL1 and NPSL Pro sending all of their teams (except the B/2/II affiliates).

You should include more cups. Like the MLS cup but for each league. Give teams more chances to win silverware at the lower levels

3 minutes ago, SerChives said:

You should include more cups. Like the MLS cup but for each league. Give teams more chances to win silverware at the lower levels

I might do that someday with an extra file, like I did with some of the continental competitions etc. But with the base file I'm just trying to mimic real life.

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

Uncle Sam.. with all of your tournaments and everything I just want to confirm that CPL teams are only in Canada championship

Well, they compete in the Canadian Championship so they are able to qualify for the Champions League, and through that the Copa Sudamericana.

something interesting to include in your next update if you want.  The Milwaukee Torrent have a loose affiliation with Bayer Leverkusen. It doesn't add much to the game, as the two do little more than play the occasional friendly and do some joint training sessions every once in awhile, but it does add a little flavor and does make the game more realistic. 

Incredible! Uncle Sam, may I ask a small favour? Could you just indicate which of the new files are based on competitions that are active IRL at this moment, and which ones aren't? :)

On a different note, the Pacific Coast League in Canada *officially considers the end of year playoff as a separate cup competition with a separate trophy. I'm going to try to make a version of your file with that one small change, I will share it here with your permission. :)

7 hours ago, SaintsCanada said:

Incredible! Uncle Sam, may I ask a small favour? Could you just indicate which of the new files are based on competitions that are active IRL at this moment, and which ones aren't? :)

On a different note, the Pacific Coast League in Canada *officially considers the end of year playoff as a separate cup competition with a separate trophy. I'm going to try to make a version of your file with that one small change, I will share it here with your permission. :)

Is the end of year playoff seeding based on the regular season performance?

@Uncle_Sam it's getting better every day thanks! You think the international comps files will be compatible with other custom files/leagues?

Also the Copa Nuevo Mundo looks great but how does it co-exist with the 'standard' Copa America (CONMEBOL) that takes place in same years (2020, 2024 etc)? Does it replace that?

Edited by kandersson

The MLS represents hours of play for me... Usually, there are great updates for the USA... But right now, your job is absolutely fantastic...

Do you think you’ll be doing an update shortly?

I ask because I intend to change some team names, update the USL2 teams and add sponsors to the USL teams.

This way I know when to start and I know I shouldn’t do it again; )

Thank you:)

UPDATE:

New version of the database is up (2.22) - "Minor" Update Changes:

-Corrected PCSL Format (League with Champion plus a separate Challenge Cup)

-Rebranded Atlanta Silverbacks (NPSL) as Atlanta SC

-Added Austin FC as the host of the ATX Pro Challenge preseason cup starting in 2021

Graphics File Update - Added logos and kits for all of the new clubs and competitions put in since the last updated file

3 hours ago, kandersson said:

@Uncle_Sam it's getting better every day thanks! You think the international comps files will be compatible with other custom files/leagues?

Also the Copa Nuevo Mundo looks great but how does it co-exist with the 'standard' Copa America (CONMEBOL) that takes place in same years (2020, 2024 etc)? Does it replace that?

For your first question, it probably depends. If the created competitions you have conflict with the teams drawn and/or the dates then it could be an issue. 

To be honest I didn't realize that CONMEBOL had changed the Copa America cycle. I'll probably need to adjust that, because I had set it up so that it fell in a summer unoccupied by either the Gold Cup or the Copa America. So with that said you probably shouldn't use it and it will most likely create a conflict.

OK, I have edited and reuploaded the international competitions so that the Copa Nuevo Mundo takes place starting in 2019 and runs on a four-year cycle. That way is does not conflict with Copa America or the Confederations Cup. It takes place after the CONCACAF Gold Cup.