Custom Cup - Teams Don't Join In At Next Stage

Crambo

I've tried everything I can think of, started again in a multitude of different scenarios and whatever I do I simply cannot get my custom cups to work properly.  I'm a seasoned editor although I normally manage my complex nation rules using only the basic rules system.  Whatever I do, the qualifying criteria I apply isn't being adhered to and the teams who are due to be knocked out are remaining in the cup into the next stage. Additional teams do not join (on occasion a few do join only seemingly to make up the numerical numbers) and none of this is by design. It feels like a bug.

I have tried Mozza's Scottish Football pyramid system and that works fine.  He uses advanced rules but proving that works seems to rule out a bug in the game code so i'm not sure an uninstall and re-install will make any difference.  Is there something simple i'm missing? Driving myself mental, i've been trying to figure this out for weeks.... please see images for info, you'll see i've simplified the nation rules to illustrate the fact that clubs are failing to qualify yet appearing in the next round. In that next round, the Scottish Championship and premiership clubs are supposed to join the 8 qualifiers, again this is illustrated in editor screenshots.

Thanks to anyone who reads this :)

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.49.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.49.45.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.49.25.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.49.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.48.47.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 11.48.24.png

Dave77, thanks for replying. Here's a new file since i've been away trying again after a game and editor delete/re-install and i've made a very similar setup only minus the 2 lower leagues. It has multiple group stage phases with intended introductions of higher division teams in each phase.  I've done this to emphasise the failure in the setup which is clear when you test run the simplified season in the game.

Rev Scotland.fmf

Ok Davie cheers. I don't understand why it has to trip itself up. It's pretty simple, add qualifying teams to teams starting at the next stage, do the group maths and divide them into workable groups. I've been doing this year on year and it's always worked fine once i've ironed out exactly what format I actually want.  in FM18 I have a massive ladder style group format spanning multiple phases all the way up through the tiers of a revamped Scottish Football structure.  Each new phase incorporates the qualifiers from the earlier phase with teams from the division levels above and so on until the top teams in the country join for a lucrative final group then knockout.  It's great because it gives the lower league teams extra games and opportunities to show their ambition while making good money, while also giving the top clubs a break from domestic cup matches until later in the season which helps them with clogged up fixture schedules.  Anyway, I digress.....

Davie77 thank you very much. But what was wrong with it? Also, I've got loads more to do since that was just a simplified edit for illustration purposes. I'm not proficient with the advanced editor so it's unlikely I'll be able to move forward on this one.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Crambo:

Davie77 thank you very much. But what was wrong with it? Also, I've got loads more to do since that was just a simplified edit for illustration purposes. I'm not proficient with the advanced editor so it's unlikely I'll be able to move forward on this one.

If you have questions about the advanced editor, feel free to contact me by private message, I can help you.

This way is much better, because you can set more by a few than in the Basic Editor.

Archived