Sports Interactive Community
Laurefinwe

Wrong application of off-side rule

In the 32:24, the ref disallows a goal of Demin due to off-side position of Dijkia. Now, Demin is just one meter away from the goal line and heading the ball straight into the goal, Dijkia in no way interferes with the play (he's not obstructing the GK nor any other defender, he's a meter further away than Demin in the trajectory of the ball, etc.).

I'm raising this now because I'm pretty sure I've seen similar goals disallowed in the past (the difference is that now I enabled the replays of disallowed goals and can know for sure when the engine does this).

I protested the decision to check if it was a voluntary referee mistake introduced into the game, but no, the FA warned me because the ref's decision was 'correct'.

I'll post more pkms when I encounter disallowed goals like this one again if necessary.

Ural - Spartak Moscow.pkm

Minute 85. The off-side call for Rodoni's movement is just absurd, he's meters onside.

Not really sure if it's not the animations poorly displaying the players positions at this stage, which would be a bummer.

Spartak Moscow - Akhmat.pkm

On 25/12/2018 at 10:43, Laurefinwe said:

Minute 85. The off-side call for Rodoni's movement is just absurd, he's meters onside.

Not really sure if it's not the animations poorly displaying the players positions at this stage, which would be a bummer.

Spartak Moscow - Akhmat.pkm

Hey, I imagine it's put in game so refs make mistakes as VAR has been introduced they need to make bad decisions so that it works. But in doing so it makes other decisions look bad it's a fine line for them, imagine it will be a lot better next year, or you can try restarting a save with VAR on and see if it stops these things from happening.

Longshot disallowed because someone was in an offside position when the ball was struck but wasn't involved in the play. I'm pretty sure that's not offside. Maybe it's an interpretation thingie that the GKs view was impeded? It's the 2nd disallowed goal.

Derby v Crewe.pkm

Has this been put under review or something? I've seen quite a few more examples of very bad offside calls, and I see that I'm not the only one getting these.

I've seen some suspect calls but I wrote it off as the "interference" offside rule. The players did seem as if they were not interfering in play to me but I gave the game the benefit of the doubt. The next time it happens I will upload a pkm to this post. 

It would be nice if a dev could speak on this and all the varying ways offside is applied in the ME. 

I've had several offsides given through VAR where from something like a corner the ball is crossed in and headed straight in but players no where near the ball are judged to be offside but they are in no way interfering with play.