Sports Interactive Community
Mattlock

Pre Concern - Feels like he deserves a new contract

So far I am loving FM19 and into my 4th season with Man United there is 1 thing that is annoying me so much.

When i buy a star player or a wonder kid etc. i try to give them 4-5 year deals as soon as possible to tie them down to the club. But within literally 6 months (i.e. the summer transfer window to January) they have a "pre-concern" where they want a new contract. This makes literally no sense as they all have 4 and a half years remaining on the current one. Normally i would ignore this but i have noticed whenever they have the pre-concern their determination will often decrease by 1. This has absolutely destroyed my wage budget as they all want £50,000 wage increases with massive bonuses even when their current contract looks damn fine to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to wait maybe 2-3 years before a player wants an improved contract because it is happening so frequently for every single player on my team.

So is anyone else having this occurrence when managing bigger teams or just me?

I have the same problem and it was supposed to be fixed in 19.2.0 major update. I guess it wasn't effective enough.

Players ask too often but I have found that telling them that they have plenty of time on their current deal will stall them.