Sports Interactive Community
trueblue

AVG interfering with Match Engine

Apologies if this is not the right section but wasn't sure where to put as its not a bug.  I seem to be having an issue with my anti virus program AVG and the game.  Whenever it is activated and I try playing a game I will get lots of little momentary freezes in the ME.

If I turn it off the game runs smooth.  So at least I know now what it is but is there any solution other than changing anti virus program or turning it off (obv not ideal ) ?

You tried adding fm.exe to the exceptions list in avg? or swapping rendering mode for fm in preferences?

If fm.exe is already in the exceptions list, avg will either be effecting your graphics drivers (maybe update or roll those back?) or avg is just enough a resource hog that it's slowing down your system enough to lag slightly when both are on...

AVG has been known to cause issues with the game.  I would suggest uninstalling it altogether, making sure that Windows Defender is running  and see if the game runs better without it

Please see this FAQ entry about antivirus - 

As mentioned by FrazT and Welshace, please try uninstalling the AVG and then uninstall and reinstall FM19 (have Windows Defender on at all time).

Let us know how you get on, please. Thank you.