[FM15] Ur Gourdoner Melldroad

nie jem frytek

1024px-Flag_of_Brittany_(Gwenn_ha_du).sv  mXLlcxv.png

Brittany (/ˈbrɪtəni/; French: Bretagne [bʁətaɲ]; Breton: Breizh, pronounced [bʁɛjs] or [bʁɛχ]; Gallo: Bertaèyn, pronounced [bəʁtaɛɲ]) is a cultural region in the northwest of France, covering the western part of what was known as Armorica during the period of Roman occupation. It became an independent kingdom and then a duchy before being united with the Kingdom of France in 1532 as a province governed as if it were a separate nation under the crown.

Brittany has also been referred to as Less, Lesser or Little Britain (as opposed to Great Britain, with which it shares an etymology). It is bordered by the English Channel to the north, the Celtic Sea and the Atlantic Ocean to the west, and the Bay of Biscay to the south. Its land area is 34,023 km².

Brittany is the site of some of the world's oldest standing architecture, home to the Barnenez, the Tumulus Saint-Michel and others, which date to the early 5th millennium BCE. Today, the historical province of Brittany is split among five French departments: Finistère in the west, Côtes-d'Armor in the north, Ille-et-Vilaine in the north east, Loire-Atlantique in the south east and Morbihan in the south on the Bay of Biscay. Brittany is also divided between Lower Brittany ("Basse Bretagne" and "Breizh Izel"), corresponding to the western half, where Breton is traditionally spoken, and Upper Brittany ("Haute Bretagne" and "Breizh Uhel"), corresponding to the eastern half, where Gallo is traditionally spoken.

At the 2010 census, the population of historic Brittany was estimated to be 4,475,295. In 2012, the largest metropolitan areas were Nantes (897,713 inhabitants), Rennes (690,467 inhabitants), and Brest (314,844 inhabitants). Brittany is the traditional homeland of the Breton people and is recognised by the Celtic League as one of the six Celtic nations, retaining a distinct cultural identity that reflects its history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you may have guessed by now, I will manage clubs in Brittany with Breton only policy similar to the one followed by Athletic Club or C.D. Guadalajara.

PS. I believe that "Ur Gourdoner Melldroad" means "Football Manager" in Breton.

Meet a 20-something Breton born in the small town of Paimpol, who has one dream - achieve everything that is to achieve whilst using only fellow Breton footballers.

mCdVZ1t.jpg

But for now, he's unemployed applying for every vacant job in Brittany.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wait was short however, as he got approached by one of the local clubs playing their trade in Division d'Honneur, which is 6th level of French football pyramid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. I just noticed I forgot to tell you his name :D So, meet Gwenc'hlan Pencreac'h.

osAousd.png

Union Sportive de la Jeanne d’Arc de Carquefou commonly shortened to USJA Carquefou is an amateur football club founded in 1942 as merger of Union Sportive de Carquefou and Jeanne d'Arc de Carquefou, which means you can track back the club's foundation date to 1922. USJA never played higher than in 3rd level of French football pyramid and its greates success in Coupe de France is round of 16 achieved in 2008, beating Olympique de Marseille in the process.

2623.jpg

Stade du Moulin-Boisseau

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have good and bad news about the current squad. Good news is there are already 24 Breton footballers in the club. Bad news is, only 3 of them are any good.

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Division d'Honneur Ligue d'Atlantique - Season 2014/15 Review

Breton only policy was possible to implement from the very first season, which is definitely a success. But what about results on the pitch?

League Table - Olympique Saumur were simply uncatchable, also notice unusual point system - 4 pts for win, 2 for draw, 1 for defeat.

Fixtures - We kinda gave up in the end and unfortunate lose to the lower league team in the cup.

Transfers - Almost all outgoing transfers were non-Breton players. Except Zitte, who we wanted to keep.

Squad - All Breton, with decent first eleven, but not much beside it. Oh, and 44 year old player being one of the three joint top scorers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Overview - Really, really bad season for top Breton clubs. Two of them got relegated to Ligue 2 and Brest missed promotion to Ligue 1 on the last day of the season.

Managerial Record - Gwenc'hlan only just started his journey.

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Division d'Honneur Ligue d'Atlantique - Season 2015/16 Review

The goal for this season was promotion, as Gwenc'hlan hadn't wanted to waste anymore time in 6th level...

League Table - Success! It was tight at the top till the very end, but we managed to do it. Board decided to make club semi-professional immediately after promotion, I can't say I'm disappointed with that.

Fixtures - We secured the promotion on the penultimate round of the season with a late goal of our 45 years old striker. It was his 100th league goal. What a way to end. :) And not bad run in the cup with fringe players.

Transfers - New signings were generally a success, so we can't complain. A lot of departures with retiring players being the most important ones. We're going to miss Marc Peron, while Franck Lerand was still decent rotational option despite being 45 years old. Oh, and there's Matthieu Corbineau who left only to comeback one week later...

Squad - We had a fair few injury crises, particularly in the striking department which lead to some youngsters getting few minutes here and there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Overview - Rennes improved a lot this season and Nantes is back in Ligue 1.

Managerial Record - Gwenc'hlan's good start wasn't missed by higher division clubs, but none of them was Breton, so the choice was easy.

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France Amateur 2 Groupe B - Season 2016/17 Review

Seeing how Olympique Saumur performed last season after their promotion I hoped to mount some promotion challenge. Or at least get top half finish. Since going semi-pro our finances started to deteriorate and there seem to be a lack of decent Breton players wanting to play in 5th tier.

League Table - Our old friends from Olympique Saumur got promoted, whilst not even Lionel Messi* could save Le Mans from getting relegated. Antonio Cassano** wasn't particularly helpful for Lorient reserves either.

Fixtures - Draws galore.

Transfers - Our first money transfer was big success, but trasnfer window in general wasn't. There aren't any good midfielders available whatsoever, some good Breton players previously from 2nd or even 1st tier who would or at least should be an instant success at Carquefou decided to sign for 6th tier sides instead... We loaned out our first ever loanee... Pierre Mauget was very moany and brought divides into the club, but was our only CB with enough stamina for full 90 minutes... We're going to miss Yann Allain and maybe Guillaume Reux, they retired too quickly :(

Squad - Old. And not very good.

* Lionel Messi Nyamsi - Defensive Midfielder from Cameroon

** THAT Antonio Cassano

Career Overview - Respectable season from Nantes, crap from everyone else.

Managerial Record - Still nice win percentage.

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France Amateur 2 Groupe B - Season 2017/18 Review

Promotion challenge was once again a goal for this season, yet the club fell short in the end. On personal note, Gwenc'hlan really hopes he will get approached by Breton club playing in a higher tier, as he believes he can't go much further with USJA Carquefou. As for now he only gets job offers from non-Breton based teams.

League Table - Minimal progress.

Fixtures - I don't know what happened in March. Up until that point we had a fair shot at promotion.

Transfers - Our first outgoing money transfer. Defence and Midfield got significantly better on paper.

Squad - Sadly, you don't win games on paper. Despite better squad and less injuries we made only minimal progress. Unacceptable.

Career Overview - Nantes repeats their success and Rennes has abysmal season ending in relegation. Good news is Brest wins promotion to Ligue 1.

Managerial Record - Still nice win percentage.

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France Amateur 2 Groupe B - Season 2018/19 Review

Another season, another hopes for promotion challenge. Oh, and players released from higher division clubs finally wanted to join Carquefou. Well, at least some of them. Certain Anthony Le Tallec snubbed us without a blink of an eye.

League Table - Champions! Well, champions of 5th tier, but still :D And with the smallest possible margin as we lost both games to CSO.

Fixtures - We almost let it slip on the finish line.

Transfers - Some "big name" transfers from Olympique Lyon and Lorient reserves. It took some persuading, but they finally agreed to join in October. Still the best transfer was the first one made. And by fine margin. Ignore Munoz, I only signed him to check whether I can still register players. I had some troubles with it in the past with Trillard signing when he had to sit down a month without being able to be registered. :rolleyes:

Squad - Nice and fluffy, but many of the fringe players are unhappy with their status in the team. Seriously, one guy who started more than 25% games, was brought on from the bench in almost 50% of the games and is set as backup came to Gwenc'hlan to moan about lack of playing time.

Managerial Record - One job looks a bit sad, but Gwenc'hlan only get offers from non-Breton clubs like Étoile Fréjus Saint-Raphaël, Aviron Bayonnais, Étoile Fréjus Saint-Raphaël, FC Guegnon, or Étoile Fréjus Saint-Raphaël.

Career Overview - Poor season by all accounts for top Breton clubs.

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France Amateur Groupe D - Mid-Season 2019/20 Update

I have decided to do a small mid-season update now, we'll see if I'll continue to do that.

League Table - I have expected a battle to avoid relegation, as jump from 5th tier to 4th seemed massive, previously promoted teams strugled, Châtellerault managed to get relegated in first season after promotion...

Fixtures - ... but as you can see it's not the case this season. USJA Carquefou is flying this season, we just can't stop winning. And I don't even know why. The only changes in starting eleven are new goalkeeper and left back.

Oh, and registration rules are once again different at this level. Two guys I signed in October can't play till (hopefully only till) January. Those rules seem so random at times...

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France Amateur Groupe D - Season 2019/20 Review

As you have already seen in mid-season update Carquefou shocked everyone this season, including their very own manager Gwenc'hlan Pencreac'h. But did they manage to go entire season with such a great form?

League Table - Yes, they did. Surprise champions of 4th tier.

Fixtures - We almost went unbeaten in the league for entire season :eek:

Transfers - A lot of outgoing transfers and quite a few incoming ones.

Squad - Adrien Le Hô is the last remaining member of the original squad, but only because he doesn't mind being a never-playing backup player.

Managerial Record -

Career Overview - Much, much better season for Breton clubs. And Rennes is back in Ligue 1.

Promotion to 3rd tier requires installment of additional 6,000 seats on our stadium, so we're going to play on Nantes stadium for some time.

23rd November 2020 - Canal Football Club reports that "a mystery foreign tycoon is looking to complete a buy-out of the penniless Union Sportive Jeanne-d'Arc Carquefou".

Wct70eO.png

10th December 2020 - USJA Carquefou's board places an embargo upon transfers.

Ak67YEz.pngv1ue3v8.png

11th December 2020 - Takeover of USJA Carquefou is completed. According to Europe1 Australian businessmann Daniel Griffin (47) promises to make USJA Carquefou "one of the greatest forces in domestic and continental football". First move of new board is injecting €30M into the club which finances were described as insecure in the past.

swXpm4A.png6jR3VDs.png

USJA Carquefou becomes professional team later that day and cuts existing affiliation links.

QKw0Bnp.png

Finally, the transfer embargo is lifted.

osAousd.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France National - Mid-Season 2020/21 Update

I have decided to do a mid-season update earlier this season, as a result of tycoon takeover, so we could compare in the future. And we're fairly close to winter break anyway.

League Table - Fairly comfortable in lower midtable. I'm happy with that, hopefully our new chairman will be too.

Fixtures - We won against the leader. Losing to Brest in Coupe de France is not a shame. On other fronts... we average 382 supporters on a 38,004 seats stadium. That looks miserable, miserable I repeat. I wonder, how will the attendances change after the takeover?

Transfers - We only didn't manage to strengthen the squad, but we also lost one of our best players in Vincent Le Baron. And none of the new faces is his direct replacement. We're not going to hesitate about spending money in January given there will be players available and willing to sign.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-tycoon Gwenc'hlan Pencreac'h career finishes with 56.8% winrate.

zH8XV56.png

osAousd.png4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France National - Season 2020/21 Review

After surprising tycoon takeover in the middle of the season USJA Carquefou had to prepare for incoming changes. One of them was new, modern logo, which you can see in the beginning of the post.

League Table - Mid-table finish, Carquefou wasn't at risk of relegation, nor at "risk" of promotion this season. Expectations for next season will definitely be higher.

Fixtures - They must hate us at Sedan, two losses against Carquefou costed them promotion. Traditional weak end to the season, with record high 6 games winless streak.

Transfers - Despite influx of money, there weren't many available players for us to sign in January. We ended up with two panic additions. Girard is ok for this level and (finally) a replacement for Vincent Le Baron who was sold before the season. Rasamoel is just walking injury and won't be at the club come next season. Cotty was just unhappy with being rotational option while Ollivier lost his mind and wanted to sign for BETTER club... How? He's 36, he really struggled this season in 3rd tier. He's just delusional.

Squad - We're lacking quality at every position right now, squad is all about quantity over quality. Centre backs are tired all the time and can't play two games in a row, full backs must have a friendly competition between them who can perform worse, wings are non-existent past first eleven (Autret is good, but he's getting old), centre midfielders are just a whiny bunch of guys who are more interested than kicking the opposition than the ball, strikers apart from Kisaku don't score goals... What about goalkeeper? He decided he doesn't want to play professional football. :rolleyes:

Managerial Record - I really wanted to do journeyman save as almost all my saves are one-club, but I can't leave just now, after tycoon takeover. And not that I'm wanted by any of the 6 better Breton clubs anyway. Those clubs are Nantes, Rennes, Lorient, Guingamp, Brest and Vannes if anyone's interested.

Career Overview - decent showing from Nantes, save-high finish for Lorient.

Despite finishing 10th Gwenc'hlan Pencreac'h's effort was appreciated.

KJmwNhT.png

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France National - Mid-Season 2021/22 Update

With the first proper pre-season after tycoon takeover everyone expected compulsive spending from USJA Carquefou's manager which was supposed to lead to quick rise through the leagues.

League Table - As you can see money can't buy all-winning team, at least not in one transfer window. Promotion still remains the main goal for this season.

Fixtures - Too much draws. And embarrassing lose to lower league opposition in Coupe de France in 5th round. Curiously enough, we started from 7th round last season.

Transfers - Over €15M spent while still in 3rd tier. Other 17 teams combined spent... nothing on transfers this season. We're spending over 8 times as much on wages as last season and that's not even half of available budget! We really should be doing better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abV93b8.png

FM feels like on easy mode right now.

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Championnat de France National - Season 2021/22 Review

After rather disappointing first half of the season we wanted to improve our performances and gain promotion to Ligue 2.

League Table - We got it! Promotion to Ligue 2 from the second place.

Fixtures - Yes, we lost the division title on the last day of the season. And we were leading 2-0 in that game at the half-time.

Transfers - Only few outgoing moves.

Squad - Much younger now, we have few players that should stay with us even after promotion to Ligue 1.

Managerial Record - Seems a bit pointless to still post this, but at least I got my first offer from other Breton club! And that was from Stade Brestois 29 or simply Brest.

Career Overview - Pencreac'h's Carquefou won their 4th promotion in 8 years, Lorient got relegated from Ligue 1, Nantes still doing good.

This time Gwenc'hlan Pencreac'h's won an award for the best manager in French 3rd tier!

gOGsyW5.png

So, despite not filling more than 12.28% of the stadium on average this season Carquefou's chairman decided to build new stadium. And name it after himself. :lol:

xqQo9ty.png

Oh great, he got bored after 18 months... :rolleyes: Wanted to make Carquefou "a force to beckon within continental football", quits after promotion to 2nd tier.

And we immediately dropped from being 7th most valuable club in the country to being 473rd most valuable, must be a bug right?

h0lt2cQ.png

I will have to consider keeping some players I wanted to get rid off.

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 2 - Mid-Season 2022/23 Update

Still in shock after sudden decision of our chairman to stop funding the club, we were approaching our first ever season in French second tier with promotion in minds, as we knew that failure to do so will leave us deep into the red.

League Table - We're definitely in contention for promotion places.

Fixtures - Really poor start that forced Gwenc'hlan Pencreac'h to rething his ultra-offensive approach and pay more attention to idea of defending. Which eventually helped the team to not only concede (slightly) less, but also score more. In Coupe de France we faced team from Pencreac'h's home town of Paimpol. Notice 3 hat-tricks from Max Fontaine in span of 6 games! And he's only 3rd choice striker.

Transfers - Yes, we paid €30M on one player. We wanted to spend while we still could and this guy is crazy good. He already won the award for best player of the year in Ligue 2 despite playing here for only few months.

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 2 - Season 2022/23 Review

After suprising move from our chairman who seemed to get bored and decided to withdraw financial support from the club, we hoped to gain promotion to Ligue 1, as money earned in second tier is nowhere close to what we need to support our squad. Good first half of the season seemed promising...

League Table - ... but second part of the season was much worse.

Fixtures - No words for it.

Transfers - January transfer windows tend to be very quiet here.

Squad - Max Fontaine, who I called 3rd choice earlier, endep up being team's top scorer. Jocelyn Delpierre - loanee from AZ - was voted the best player, our future world class star Benjamin Lepretre was sidelined for 3 months due to torn harmstring. Coincidentally it was mostly during our winless run.

Managerial Record - Gwenc'hlan got another offer from Breton club, this time from struggling Vannes. He feels that he achieved everything he can at USJA Carquefou and would welcome an offer from top tier Breton clubs like Nantes or Rennes. He also feels betrayed by the chairman who "did the Malaga", he gave club a lot of monet for transfers and wages and then suddenly withdrew them without a warning which led club into administration. Yes, Gwenc'hlan isn't without a fault, administration probably wouldn't happen this quick without Lepretre transfer, but the club would continue to lose money anyway (just much slower) and he felt that one star might be enough to get the club to top tier. It failed, but media agree with Pencreac'h - it's all fault of the chairman.

Career Overview - Pencreac'h's best ever run in Coupe de France, best ever (because first) in  Coupe de la Ligue. Silent season from other Breton clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an interesting story with some mad events...  A tycoon taking over a third division French club who build a stadium and then just pack up, that's mad!  :-0

Shame you did not get an offer from a Breton big gun... have you set any favorite club in your profile?

1 hour ago, breizhdaviken said:

have you set any favorite club in your profile?

Initially I wanted to set Rennes, Nantes, Guingamp. Lorient and Brest (I have In-Game Editor, so I can add more than 4 teams) as my favourite clubs, but eventually I decided against it, as it would be pretty unrealistic, so I left it blank.

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 2 - Mid-Season 2023/24 Update

Gwenc'hlan was seriously considering stepping down from Carquefou's job, but decided that it would be unfair to Carquefou's small fanbase. In the end he wasn't without a fault for club going into administration. He still remembered those few months were money was flowing and he was trigger happy to spend it on every half-talented Breton kid who showed any sign of being interested in joining his project.

League Table - Midway through the season Carquefou is close to promotion places, but it was the same last term and we know what happened in the second half of the season.

Fixtures - Again poor start to the season, with some nice results later on. Notice Franck Hery's goalscoring form. We have retrained him from central midfielder to striker and he started scoring goals showing he was being misplayed for most of his career. After all he scored 10 goals in less than 2 months. He had grand total of 9 goals in his entire career before that. :eek:

Transfers - Looks like you can't do much when your club is in administration. We took big losses on Max Fontaine and Regis Hubert transfers. Hubert left us for Epinal, side which only gained promotion to 4th tier, but was recently taken over by Saudi tycoon. We were also forced to sell two another first squad players in Mezague and Derrien and lost many rotation options like Jourdan, Cabon, Achahbar or Carre. Our squad is really small now and it would took only one small injury crisis for us to implode.

• 4 weeks later...

eAQtW9W.png

:lol: So, that guy has come to team playing in 3rd tier and promised to make the club big force in continental football. Told the manager he can spend loads of money on transfers, then after manager did just that, decided to withdrawn financial backing from the club, not even paying for promised transfers, which lead club into massive debt. Meanwhile all of this he also built a new stadium, that's not even big enough for 1st tier rules and named it after himself. Then, after less than 4 years, he decided to leave altogether.

I'm not even mad :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RREtbaP.png

So, we have new chairman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bn3fMto.png

And he starts with a lie. No, Mr. Klein, we haven't strengthened our financial position, we're still losing money every month and the only change you brought is new face on chairman's seat.

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 2 - Season 2023/24 Review

Carquefou's second season in Ligue 2 was overshadowed by change in team's ownership, but what happened on the pitch wasn't any less interesting.

League Table - we missed out on promotion, but the table is deceiving. Whilst we managed to better our position by 4 places compared to previous season, point gain wasn't as impressive as we only won 2 more points this term. Not to mention that 71 points that was enough to win the division wasn't even enough to gain promotion last season.

Fixtures - Some highscoring games and lack of consistency.

Transfers - None at all.

Squad - Franck Hery managed impressive 15 goals after being retrained from centre midfielder to striker, Benjamin Lepretre was once again injured during the most important part of the season (but still won the best player in Ligue 2 award) and now wants out.

Managerial Record - considering the fact that the save turned into one-club save I might stop posting it.

Career Overview - Poor season for Breton sides.

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 2 - Mid-Season 2024/25 Update

Despite takeover during last season Carquefou was still in poor financial condition. Future wasn't looking too bright at Griffin Stadium at the start of 2024/25 Ligue 2 season.

League Table - As close to promotion places as to relegation. Our worst first half of the season at this level yet. At the very bottom of the table we see AS Prix who definitely don't look ready for Ligue 2.

Fixtures - The best ever outing in Coupe de la Ligue is a positive, I guess...

Transfers - I decided to let Dupe leave, he isn't particularly good goalkeeper and was stinking the place with his poor personality. Larsonneur is equally bad goalkeeper (still the best that Brittany can offer) and has slightly less stinking personality. In game he's listed as having unknown birthplace, so I have to thank @breizhdaviken and his thread for this one. Much worse exchange had to be done in striking department. Lepretre was in last year of his contract and wanted to leave, we have decided to minimize the losses (staggering 19 million of €uros!!) and sell him now. Despite interest from Chelsea, Manchester City and FC Barcelona, he signed for Cagliari. We can only hope for further income from his next transfer. After this transfer many players came knocking on Pencreac'h's door asking about lack of competition for places so I had to buy Bailly who, after scoring on his debut, turned out complete waste of space (as of now). He only scored 7 goals in last season at Vannes, but 21 goals scored for Brest season before the last looked promising.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To put tycoon takeover and following withdrawal of funding I will post a screenshot of salary expenditures as picture says more than thousand words.

fiUYYjz.png

I was getting weird error for some time

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so I couldn't post it, but...

Spoiler

WE'RE GOING TO PLAY IN LIGUE 1 NEXT SEASON!

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 2 - Season 2024/25 Review

Finally a good second half of the season!

League Table - Winning promotion on goal difference! We should be able to stay up next season as there's sudenly plenty of decent players willing to join Carquefou and, at least according to predictions, we should finally start making profits!

Fixtures - Great run to end the season. I have tinkered with tactics a lot this season finally giving up classic 4-4-2 we played during all previous seasons, Initially we tried some narrow 4-3-3, but that was terrible choice as we don't have many good forwards and some of our best players, Pele and Le Baron are wingers. And to think I didn't want to sign Pele initially. On the downside they're both on the wrong side of the 30 and Le Baron is actually closer to his 40s. Another player who I didn't really want to sign was Bailly. I even criticised him in earlier post, but he turned into goal scoring machine for few weeks when we switched to rather simplistic 4-4-1-1.

Transfers - January transfers, a rare sign at Carquefou. Given his low price and previous stint at the club we've decided that Romain Thomas is worth signing at least as a backup and role model for younger players. We sold our youngster Ferre to Monaco for nice price and, while interested from Monaco suggest he has bright future ahead of him, we're not really regreting that transfer, as he wasn't born in Brittany. We have fair few of such youngsters given our proximity to France-Brittany border, but none of them made his first team debut yet. And it will probably stay this way, I'm not very keen on making an exception for them right now.

Squad - First choice positions are probably misleading here. Riou, who was infact our right back in previous season, spent most of this season in centre of defence. Delpierre (who just finished his 3rd (sic!) season on loan at Carquefou) was used more often as centre midfielder, Romain Thomas is more of a centre back, than full back, Vincent Le Goff can play pretty much anywhere on the pitch and probably didn't play a second as a full back this season. Florian Julien is even more versatile than Le Goff (pretty much the only reason we have ever signed him) and played mostly as a striker or left winger. Franck Hery can play anywhere in the middle (you might remember that I have retrained him to striker and he actually started scoring goals at decent rate). The most contested position is probably left back, where Rodelin (Lorient reject) and Sanogo (signed from Concarneau) are equals. Rodelin can deputise as a centre back too.

Managerial Record - I really grew found of this save, I'm planning on taking Carquefou as far as possible with current policy, then doing a slightly less restrictive job with other Breton sides.

Career Overview - Terrible season from Breton sides other than Rennes and ourselves. Nantes got relegated to Ligue 2, while Lorient, Guingamp and Brest finished bottom half of the second tier 2. And Vannes missed out of bouncing back to Ligue 2.

Another thing that you might remember is our previous chairman building a stadium named after himself and then leaving the club. What's even funnier (and I was already mentioning it too) is the fact, that said stadium wasn't built with top tier in mind. You've got to laugh at this, really.

rg6IqGL.png

And as a small bonus some more words about Nicolas Bailly. After he got 13 goals and 11 assists in recently finished seasons I have to say that my initial impression about him was wrong. He really started slowly, but in the end was one of the main reasons we managed to get promoted. He already played top tier football at the start of his career, but had no success with it, I hope he won't waste his second chance. Oh, and you absolutely need to see his haircut :D

WLWftLH.pngNTF7ZZS.png

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 1 - Mid-Season 2025/26 Update

Considering we have won promotion only thanks to goal difference I expected a season full of struggles, but it turns out that...

League Table - ...Ligue 1 is about the same level as Ligue 2. With the exception of FIFA Club World Cup winners PSG and Monaco.

Fixtures - Some losses to better teams, but overall great half of the year. Amazing 4-0 win against Rennes, to prove who rules in Brittany!

Transfers - Mostly transfers for the future, hopefully Michel can challenge for Larsonneur's place. A bit sad to see Le Baron retire at 36 considering he could still be squad player at least, Le Goff not so much.

Ligue 1 is about the same level as Ligue 2. With the exception of FIFA Club World Cup winners PSG and Monaco.

Because France is another set of Farm teams for the big Spending teams. Even PSG and Monaco sell their top players...(except PSG buys them back at a loss 5 years later in game!)

4zSk1du.png

USJA Carquefou - Ligue 1 - Season 2025/26 Review

Was first half of the season a fluke? Or maybe it wasn't?

League Table - No, it wasn't. We're going to play in next season Champions League! PSG looks out of the reach though. But hey, their manager (Rafa Benitez) is retiring, maybe they will hire some fraud.

Fixtures - So we beat Marseille twice in the league, but couldn't do in the Cup. Well, at least they won the entire thing. We have also won 4 points against PSG!! In Brittany, Rennes must already hate us. 4-0 and 5-1 in one season.

Transfers - None

Squad - We went fairly injury-free for entire season. :) I hope to be allowed to loan Delpierre for the 5th season in a row :lol: Top 3 position we would like to strengthen are centre back, right winger since Pele is getting old and 20 goals a season striker, but I'm not too optimistic on that.

Managerial Record - Hopefully Gwenc'hlan can fluke the title with Carquefou soon, as I have something more planned for the save, but I can't promise I won't get bored too much with it earlier.

Career Overview - We're going to have 4 Breton sides in Ligue 1 at once for the second time in this save, as both Lorient and Brest won promotion!

As a bonus... I think this screenshot is the best compliment I could've gotten in this save :D

aSG4RwY.png

Archived