Man Utd have 65 scouts

gary neville mentioned in this morning on sky sports, could you imagine the wage bill on fm with that many, some of my top scouts are on 6-10k each!

whats the most scouts ya'll ever reached in fm? i got to 18 or 22 on older versions im sure 

• SI Staff

The vast majority of these are contracted regional scouts that will provide information for many paying parties on players of varying ages.

Scouts represented in FM are those employed full-time (part-time clubs excepted) and exclusively by a club, concerned with only players over a certain age and often operating from the club itself.

I know of someone who scouts the scottish leagues and any north east games for a team based down south, He is not contracted to this team though and does it freelance, They pay a wage all travel and get him into the game. Obviously he gets a wage but is self employed 

I deleted the old message but I let the same this interview (in english) to Paratici that is on top of Juventus scouting. As he said in this interview he talks directly just with the chief scout and with 3 scouts but I found another interview and explains how Juventus just in Italy has around 30 scouts.

well, all scout normally have a network, this network often are those 100+ scout they talk about, those are normally have part time wage + travel and game expenses, i guess they could pay around 1 or 2K a week for each one of those, maybe they could add "extraordinary Scouting expenses" to expenses in the future

8 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

The vast majority of these are contracted regional scouts that will provide information for many paying parties on players of varying ages.

Scouts represented in FM are those employed full-time (part-time clubs excepted) and exclusively by a club, concerned with only players over a certain age and often operating from the club itself.

That might be an interesting idea to introduce to scouting. Have independent regional scouts who, for a fee, will give you a quick view of the best local players. 

4 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

That might be an interesting idea to introduce to scouting. Have independent regional scouts who, for a fee, will give you a quick view of the best local players. 

That sounds similar to the scouting packages though, no?

9 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

That sounds similar to the scouting packages though, no?

I guess that is a bit similar, although I was thinking a bit more detailed of a feature. Where a specific regional scout would give you maybe a shortlist of 30 players. It could be an alternative to investing in a long term contract for a scout with knowledge of that region. Just get a quick look at the region, and the shortlist they give you could have all 80% scouting completion already to speed things up a bit.

Idk, maybe that's redundant. 

Archived