Understanding Brexit scenario - min wage and work permits

I'm playing FM Touch 2019 as Celtic.  Prior to Britain leaving the EU, I got this message

image.thumb.png.41f4e1beab1f768b25119a544b9523d8.png

I'm now past this date (25th June 2019) and I'm attempting to sign players, however there's a disparity between my understanding and what I see in my scout reports.

How work permits are awarded

My understand of the new work permit rules is

1. If I want to sign a player for first team football - I need to pay him at least £8k p/w.
  2. If I want to sign a player and loan him out / play him in reserve matches - he must be Under 23 and paid a minimum of £3k p/w.

Or... to put it another way - I can sign anyone, from any country on at least £8k p/w and they will get a work permit for first team football.

Is this understanding correct?

Scout Advice on Work Permits

In spite of the new rule (unfortunately no image to attach at this time) my scout reports still advise "Work Permit Unlikely" for non UK/Ireland players.

I would have anticipated that this advice, based on the new rule around wages, be null and void.  I.e. they could advise "you must pay £8k p/w to obtain a work permit for this player".  

Why is the advice on work permits still given? 

Does this affect the Scout Recommendation value (the number from 0-100) that they give?

Delay to obtain work permit

Finally - I note that when a non UK/Ireland player signs a Work Permit is applied for them.

I would have imagined it to be automatic, but can accept if it's a simple delay to reflect a real-world scenario of paperwork being generated.

Why is there a delay - and can the work permit be rejected if the contract is equal to or above the minimum wage requirements?

I got the Brexit scenario and i have been buying 19/20 year olds from south america no problem by meeting the 8k wage cap. I did notice a few scout reports saying unlikely to gain WP but i think that must be on the assumption you don't want to pay those wages, i have just been ignoring it.

1 hour ago, mozza79 said:

I got the Brexit scenario and i have been buying 19/20 year olds from south america no problem by meeting the 8k wage cap. I did notice a few scout reports saying unlikely to gain WP but i think that must be on the assumption you don't want to pay those wages, i have just been ignoring it.

Thanks @mozza79 for giving your experience.  I'm keen to do similar.  I notice the wages/value of UK/Ireland based players is very high for what you get, so it may be cheaper to go down that route.  Good to know the scout reports advice around work permits can be ignored too (again from your experience).

27 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Is this on iOS? I had a message saying UK leaving and that further details later. Now in October 19 with no more details. 

Hi @Walrus It was on PC as I prefer the Touch version of the game as I do not have much free time to play.

I had to wait a few months to get an update on the exact rules but I did get two updates in 2018, followed by one in 2019 round about the time the UK left the EU.

Archived