Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lillywhite Dean

Masterminds Giant Killing (but opposition is in same league)

I just knocked out Tottenham in the FA Cup 5th round by thrashing them 5-1.

Immediately after exiting the post-match screen, the "MASTERMINDS GIANT KILLING" news story flashed up on screen.

I don't understand why because I have been playing Tottenham regularly for the past three seasons. I'm currently in 3rd place and Totttenham are 9th.

Has the game not increased mine or the clubs reputation level after playing in the Premier League for three seasons?

Unfortunately I made the save immediately after I saw the Giant Killing message as I thought that's when it would be needed. I can provide you with that save or I can try and recreate it again if I'm drawn against a similar team in the next round.

I see it often in my save too. In my 2nd season in PL, I played Everton in the cup and won 3-1. I then got the "masterkilling" message even though I never receive that when playing them in the league.

No save though.

46 minutes ago, James Akintayo said:

What teams are you guys managing?

Bishop's Stortford, currently in the year 2026.

1 hour ago, James Akintayo said:

What teams are you guys managing?

Nottm Forest. That's why I added the comment about does the game know to increase mine or the clubs reputation level after playing in the Premier League for several seasons. I think if you play in the top flight with a promoted team, the game fails to recognise your new Premier League status (or is slow to adjust it) and therefore still treats you as a lower league team.

I'm now into my fourth season as Nottm Forest manager (having finished 6th, 8th, 4th and now currently 1st) and I still receive messages after defeats telling me how well my team performed against Premier League opposition (the "demonstrate their ability to compete with bigger teams" message).

Just to update you that I'm still receiving this "MASTERMINDS GIANT KILLING" message despite leading the Premier League with 24 games played.

It seems easy to recreate but I keep forgetting to make a copy of my save just before I play a fellow Premier League club in a cup competition e.g. I just knocked out Liverpool at Anfield 2-0.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

I have a save before and after meeting ManUtd in the cup and beating them 3-0. I got the master killing message and will upload save games tomorrow when I get home.